Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? (17898 Views)

Leeds United Sack Marcelo Bielsa, Announce Replacement Tomorrow / Meet Kennedy Boboye, The Coach Behind Akwa United NPFL Title Victory / Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by handsomeyinka(m): 5:02pm On Apr 01, 2022
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by ConsciousMan01: 5:03pm On Apr 01, 2022
lol.. attacking play with balogun and ekong covering UZOHO/OKOYE, with attackers that can hardly give you over 1.5goals Okay ooo
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by omoredia: 5:04pm On Apr 01, 2022
Mentality change is what is needed.

We need to value glory over any monetary compensation
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by Adakintroy: 5:04pm On Apr 01, 2022
Give eguavon more time.

You all like change change.

You should not have changed rohr. Sometime all you need is time.
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by Prenonjebose: 5:04pm On Apr 01, 2022
Even the idea of translation is a no no. Age is also not on his side.
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:06pm On Apr 01, 2022
Leeds coach that was sacked
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by angelfallz(m): 5:07pm On Apr 01, 2022
He can't survive in Nigeria.
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by mechanics(m): 5:09pm On Apr 01, 2022
Kingcalls:
When foreign coach disappoints, we say it has to be local coach , the local coach disappoints and we run bk to foreign coach and it keeps going on and on
It's well, the problem is the NFF, not the coaches, they don't give them free hand to operate freely.
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by kamantan(m): 5:09pm On Apr 01, 2022
Marcelo biesla doesn't understand English n his color issues, ask enyama
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 01, 2022
Origame1:
Never heard of him before
That means you don't know much about football.
He is the former Leeds United coach who coach Argentine national team before

Back to the topic, I don't think he is suitable for Eagles job with his pattern of play as his teams do not play rugged football that is required in Africa
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by prinsam30: 5:14pm On Apr 01, 2022
nairagood:
If we really need to see attacking play and clear pattern of forward thinking style of football then Bielsa or coaches that believe in his school of thought are the ones we need to hire for our national team.
We have the right kind of players to play all out attacking football but we don't have the right coaches or tacticians to drill that into the players so I believe a coach like Bielsa could do so much for Nigeria football as much as Clemens Westerhoff did in the past.
Many of the best coaches in the world have been influenced by Bielsa so it is only the wise choice to have such influence in our football.
This is not the time to waste money and resources on half baked coaches, we should spend our money on the right grade coach.
Abi una no agree with me?

I'm warning u people now oooooo, don't repeat what Manchester United did by hiring a retired coach who later became a football sole administrator in Russia just becoz he coached gardiola and tuchel and he also plays GenGenpress football, una mata na cry go end am ooooo, make una ask Man U how far, where dem dey for table

1 Like

Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by JOemmy(m): 5:17pm On Apr 01, 2022
Employing a foreign coach is the best option for the super eagles nigerians will always use tribal sentiments to distract any local coach no matter how technically good he might be.
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by oluwatodimu1(m): 5:19pm On Apr 01, 2022
nairagood:
If we really need to see attacking play and clear pattern of forward thinking style of football then Bielsa or coaches that believe in his school of thought are the ones we need to hire for our national team.
We have the right kind of players to play all out attacking football but we don't have the right coaches or tacticians to drill that into the players so I believe a coach like Bielsa could do so much for Nigeria football as much as Clemens Westerhoff did in the past.
Many of the best coaches in the world have been influenced by Bielsa so it is only the wise choice to have such influence in our football.
This is not the time to waste money and resources on half baked coaches, we should spend our money on the right grade coach.
NFF will not employ that kind of coach. Na all of those "abiku" coaches them they approach to employ. Abi no be NFF again?
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by ALFADOS(m): 5:21pm On Apr 01, 2022
ALL OF US NA COACH NA

1 Like

Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by ogastone(m): 5:23pm On Apr 01, 2022
Waste of money,, Nigeria need a doctor not a coach. Nigeria is sick. Sick person can't win a match no matter how you try. Heal the nation first.

1 Like

Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by Angelfrost(m): 5:24pm On Apr 01, 2022
lilmonarch:
Marcel Bielsa that cannot communicate in English grin grin

He has a trained interpreter for that...

The problem is that NFF can't afford his fees and those of his huge coaching staff.

Oliseh is taking over this team! Mark these words.
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by adedayoa2(f): 5:24pm On Apr 01, 2022
Kingcalls:
When foreign coach disappoints, we say it has to be local coach , the local coach disappoints and we run bk to foreign coach and it keeps going on and on
back and forth
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by Angelfrost(m): 5:25pm On Apr 01, 2022
Adakintroy:
Give eguavon more time.

You all like change change.

You should not have changed rohr. Sometime all you need is time.

Nope... Rohr was finished! Eguavoen is clueless and pathetic!

Herve Renaud would have been a great fit based on his style, but your corrupt cheap NFF would never go for him.
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by kingyakos: 5:28pm On Apr 01, 2022
Bielsa will not tolerate the nonsense corruption and delay of coaching staff salary in NFA
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by seunayantokun(m): 5:30pm On Apr 01, 2022
Having a good foreign coach doesn't remedy Nigeria's football multifaceted problem. The coach can only use the materials pick and use but can't do anything about your system that kills the best while keeping mediocres. Your football administration is bad and at the grassroot level, talents decay because they have limited opportunities and supports to develop. Even if you gather all coaches from premiership, la liga, etc in Europe, it is always lifeless.
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by Angelfrost(m): 5:30pm On Apr 01, 2022
kingyakos:
Bielsa will not tolerate the nonsense corruption and delay of coaching staff salary in NFA

That corruption is something else... Imagine collecting money from players to field them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by beejay85: 5:34pm On Apr 01, 2022
nairagood:
Marcelo has got a great coaching style .but believe me his team attack en mass and also get exposed defensively.
Ask how Nigeria was able to put 2 goal across to Argentina through counter attack in 2014 world cup..
We're our counter attack sharper,ngr could HV scored more
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by chukshobayo: 5:35pm On Apr 01, 2022
Though I know nothing much about the nitty gritty of football, but I am furious with the clamour for foreign coaches. I don't care if we don't qualify for two world cups. We must grow or develop our own coaches let them make mistakes no problem provided they develop, that way we groom sound coaches going forward. Foreign coaches to me hardly win world cups.
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by toprealman: 5:37pm On Apr 01, 2022
nairagood:
Someone not good enough for Leeds United.....common guys
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by Ekaka1(m): 5:43pm On Apr 01, 2022
WE DONT NEED A FOREIGN COACH AT THIS TIME.
WE HAVE ENOUGH LOCAL TALENTS AND EX FOOTBALLERS WE CAN TEST AND PROVE...JUST DRAW A PROGRAM FOR THE TEAM AND A FOCUSED ROAD-MAP TO REBULID THE TEAM...SOURCE
LOCAL TALENTS FOR GOAL KEEPING AND THE MIDFIELD THEN DRAW UP A PROGRAMME TO EXPOSE THEM TO THE CRAFT AS WIDE AND AS DEEP AS POSSIBLE..
REPEAT....WE DONT NEED ANY FOREIGN COACH AT THIS IME..LITS TIME TO LOOK INWARDS ...GROW THE TALENTS....MAKE ,ISTAKES TOGETHER, LESRN AND MOVE ON..".PERIODT" cheesy
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by jrusky(m): 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2022
Kingcalls:

May be we should hire Allien as coach from the Mars or wherever they are in the space because myself I'm confused on this coaching issue.
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by lexy2014: 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2022
Ichel:

Op you're absolutely right, El Loco is the granddaddy of attacking football.

What did use it to achieve?
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by HonourableUche(m): 6:47pm On Apr 01, 2022
Bia O.P it's like you want us to be collecting 4-0 5-0 10-0 against countries like Ghana & Senegal?
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by penceman(m): 6:50pm On Apr 01, 2022
That is non sense. Now let eguavon continue as coach and build his team, let us watch him work in qualifiers. Eguavon has inherited and destroyed many works of better coaches so let eguavon also work now and qualify the team. If they wanna sack the useless man let it be at qualifiers and friendlies that way the criminals that usually bring him in after another coach has done the hard work will caught redhanded.
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by Seebrain: 6:52pm On Apr 01, 2022
Forward his profile and achievements then we can take it from there.
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by akaahs(m): 7:00pm On Apr 01, 2022
abygengen:
Yeah
50k, Abuja

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adidas Terminates Contract With NFF / Heartland Players Block Okorocha’s Convoy Over Unpaid Salaries / Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.