Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

US Thanks Russia For Returning Astronaut - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Thanks Russia For Returning Astronaut (548 Views)

Russia Death Merchant Viktor Bout Tells Trump To Flee To Russia For Safety (Pix) / Ukraine Slams Russia For Visiting Africa / Zelensky: Ukraine Can Fight Russia ‘For 10 Years’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Thanks Russia For Returning Astronaut by bonechamberlain(m): 10:14am On Apr 01, 2022
NASA grateful for Roscosmos’ safe return of astronaut Mark Vande Hei

NASA has thanked its Russian counterpart, Roscosmos, for safely returning American astronaut Mark Vande Hei to Earth from the International Space Station on schedule.

Vande Hei returned to earth with his fellow ISS passengers, Pyotr Dubrov and Anton Shkaplerov of Russia, on Wednesday, arriving in a Soyuz capsule right on schedule. The trio were flown back to the Russian launch facilities at Baikonur, Kazakhstan, and Vande Hei will return home to Houston from there.

Vande Hei has officially become the longest-traveling American astronaut in space since launching to the ISS with Dubrov in April 2021. Both have orbited Earth 5,680 times, traveling over 150 million miles.

Thanking “our Roscosmos partners,” NASA Associate Administrator of the Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate Kathy Lueders spoke of the two countries’ space teams as a single unit, declaring in a virtual press conference on Thursday that, “We safely brought Mark Vande Hei home.”

Even as Washington has struggled to prohibit Russian access to aerospace and technology goods with round after round of punishing sanctions, NASA does not appear to have changed its plans regarding sending American crew members to the ISS, and apparently still hopes to keep the space station “international.”

Roscosmos head Dmitry Rogozin has trolled his American counterparts more than once over the fate of the ISS at the hands of US sanctions, suggesting western astronauts stuck in outer orbit can simply fly home “on their broomsticks” since they can’t use sanctioned Russian rocket engines or warning that without access to repair parts the ISS could malfunction and land on China or India. More recently, a video appearing to show Vande Hei being left behind on the ISS was posted to Telegram, outraging the Western media. However, it turned out to be a hoax.

The agency does appear to be serious about shutting down projects it had previously conducted alongside European and American astronauts, however. Roscosmos will no longer maintain the RD-181 rocket engines currently owned by the US, nor will it ship any more such engines to NASA, and it’s still unclear whether there will be future joint missions conducted on board the ISS with the US or Europe.

Remaining on board the ISS are NASA astronauts Tom Marshburn, Raja Chari, and Kayla Barron, along with European Space Agency astronaut Matthias Maurer and Russian cosmonauts Oleg Artemyev, Denis Matveev, and Sergey Korsakov.

https://www.rt.com/news/553078-nasa-thanks-roscosmos-vande-hei/

Re: US Thanks Russia For Returning Astronaut by Puremaker8: 10:34am On Apr 01, 2022
Russia

4 Likes

Re: US Thanks Russia For Returning Astronaut by leofab(f): 12:43pm On Apr 01, 2022
They are called Friends of humanity

1 Like

Re: US Thanks Russia For Returning Astronaut by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 01, 2022
Russia

3 Likes

Re: US Thanks Russia For Returning Astronaut by kodded(m): 2:40pm On Apr 01, 2022
CNN & BBC : Desprate Putin expels US astronaut from international space station after new cripling sanctions from US. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: US Thanks Russia For Returning Astronaut by bonechamberlain(m): 2:24pm On Apr 02, 2022
kodded:
CNN & BBC : Desprate Putin expels US astronaut from international space station after new cripling sanctions from US. grin grin grin
grin grin

1 Like

Re: US Thanks Russia For Returning Astronaut by kodded(m): 2:30pm On Apr 02, 2022
bonechamberlain:
grin grin
fear mainstream media, these guys told us that buhari is the best thing after slice bread.

Na Ogun go fire all of them

That is why I am happy with the way Putin is dealing with all of them. Very useless people angry

3 Likes

Re: US Thanks Russia For Returning Astronaut by bonechamberlain(m): 4:29pm On Apr 02, 2022
kodded:
fear mainstream media, these guys told us that buhari is the best thing after slice bread.

Na Ogun go fire all of them

That is why I am happy with the way Putin is dealing with all of them. Very useless people angry
exactly, the US is building one of their biggest embassies in Nigeria, British are saying they would rebuild Ajaokuta steel for free. One can't imagine the motives these two imperialist powers have in Nigeria. I fear for Nigeria everyday I read the news, looks like the country is gradually being sold to the world. These same British would support another docile, senseless fool to rule Nigeria so they can continue their looting and stealing. I hope Putin continues to deal with them and I pray Nigeria gets an independent minded leader.

3 Likes

Re: US Thanks Russia For Returning Astronaut by kodded(m): 5:17pm On Apr 02, 2022
bonechamberlain:
exactly, the US is building one of their biggest embassies in Nigeria, British are saying they would rebuild Ajaokuta steel for free. One can't imagine the motives these two imperialist powers have in Nigeria. I fear for Nigeria everyday I read the news, looks like the country is gradually being sold to the world. These same British would support another docile, senseless fool to rule Nigeria so they can continue their looting and stealing. I hope Putin continues to deal with them and I pray Nigeria gets an independent minded leader.
sadly Nigeria has oil, so they will definitely put an eye on who will be the next president.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Future NATO Member Finland Two Days Ago With Nazi Flag / Israel Threatens To Supply Ukraine Ballistic Missiles / America Sends 3,000 Soldiers To The Gulf Through The Egyptian Suez Canal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.