Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,540 members, 7,837,078 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Rent Laws Of Lagos State - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Rent Laws Of Lagos State (241 Views)

DATKEM Plaza Is An Illegal Structure, Contravenes Planning Laws - Ogun Govt / Lagos Demolishes Some Properties In Banana Island For Flouting Building Laws / Property And Conveyancing Law (PCL), Cap 100 Laws Of Western Region Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rent Laws Of Lagos State by amaikama(m): 10:48am On Apr 01, 2022
Good morning All.
Happy New Month.

Please i need advice from you all if you have such experience or if there is a lawyer in the house, i will appreciate it very much for his input.

My caretaker is giving me issue. He gave me verbal quick notice which i accepted cause the compound is nothing to write home about. My 6 month expires yesterday and before now, before my 6 month expiration date, i have been looking for another accommodation but all the ones i have been seeing are above my budget.

This is my issue with him. Even before my expiration notice, he has been calling me to leave the apartment. He even flashed me yesterday morning.

Was enlighten that even after the 6month expiration if am yet to get another apartment, I'm entitle to stay for another 3month before legal actions can be taken against me.

Please i need more clarification on the above.

thank you all
Re: Rent Laws Of Lagos State by Macphenson: 3:13pm On Apr 01, 2022
First and foremost there is nothing like verbal quite notice. It has to be written.

But the Law did not say you should live rent free within the period of the notice. This is where a lot of people get it wrong out of ignorance.

If you have stayed six months and have not paid try and pay up your rent or find a way to amicably reach out to your caretaker

1 Like

Re: Rent Laws Of Lagos State by amaikama(m): 7:09pm On Apr 02, 2022
Thank you for your input. Its the care taker that gave the quick notice and i accepted it even though it is verbal.
Am not interested in staying in the apartment as well. All self contain been seeing are above my budget and the care taker keeps calling me even when i told him my challenges of getting another apartment.

My question now is, does the law give a 3 month extension after the 6 month notice before legal proceeding can be effected to an occupant
Re: Rent Laws Of Lagos State by shagalinku4life: 7:30am On Apr 03, 2022
Looking for a way to cut corners.Don't go and pay your outstanding rent or move out within the next seven days.You would soon been thrown out of the premises
Re: Rent Laws Of Lagos State by amaikama(m): 7:53pm On Apr 03, 2022
Thanks but i wasnt looking to cut corners. If you read my previous post, i said i was ready to leave and been looking for another apartment just that all the ones i have been seeing are above my budget.

Thanks any way

(1) (Reply)

Miniflats And 2 Bedroom For Rent At Yaba / Own A 2 Bedroom Bungalow On 770sqm Land @ Oke Ota Ibeshe Ogolonto Axis Ikorodu. / This Mega Filling Station Is For Sale, 6plots Of Land With Cofo Documents..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.