Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,078 members, 7,811,019 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

SEO Question And Answer! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / SEO Question And Answer! (1318 Views)

A Question And Answer Website Finally Launched By A Nairalander / Moderators Needed For An Upcoming Nigerian Mobile Question And Answer Website / New Android Naija Android Forum For Questions And Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SEO Question And Answer! by lagoshost(m): 2:58pm On Jul 04, 2011
Hay Webmasters,

Over the last 5years, I have spent money and time learning Search Engine Optimization (SEO).  Some of my recent projects are all on the frontpages of Google Search on various keywords.

Having discovered that many Nigerians battle with this issue, I have decided to help NLders overcome this.

So ask me any question here and I will help you out.

In return, if you care, you can use my webhosting company below.

Thank you.
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by Afam4eva(m): 3:40pm On Jul 04, 2011
I'll also be willing to answer some questions.

Why are other web hosting companies just watching Utiware and web4africa sit on that no 1 and 2 sit like it's their father's parlour.
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by yawatide(f): 4:12pm On Jul 04, 2011
@afam
1) Because most of us think that it is all about "web design"
2) Because most of us concentrate too much on the short term money as opposed to long term continuity
3) Inferiority complex
4) Borrowing from #2, not willing to do what it takes to create a brand that everyone and anyone will remember (like Coke, Facebook, etc)
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by lagoshost(m): 9:16pm On Jul 04, 2011
afam4eva:

I'll also be willing to answer some questions.

Why are other web hosting companies just watching Utiware and web4africa sit on that no 1 and 2 sit like it's their father's parlour.

That is not a SEO question Sir! No offense.

But if you want me to come in, I will tell you that those 2 are not really the top 1/2 as you said. There are others too!

Cheers!
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by lagoshost(m): 9:27pm On Jul 04, 2011
While waiting for questions, I will like to recommend this articles I read on a client's blog and it seems to be very good too for bloogers.

http://incomepanel.com/5-reasons-your-site-is-not-getting-good-traffic/

If your sites have refused to get traffic, you can read that write up there.!

Cheers!
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by Afam4eva(m): 11:54pm On Jul 04, 2011
@lagoshost
Utiware and web4africa are on top on google for the most popular web hosting keywords "hosting" and "web hosting".
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by lagoshost(m): 12:04am On Jul 05, 2011
afam4eva:

@lagoshost
Utiware and web4africa are on top on google for the most popular web hosting keywords "hosting" and "web hosting".

Ok, is that what you meant? Lets see the keyword you use.

Thank you.
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by yawatide(f): 3:47am On Jul 05, 2011
@afam4eva: Let's also realize that searches are geo-centric. By that, I mean that when I type same keywords in my locale, those 2 companies don't come up even though they might come up #1 on your side of the planet.
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by lagoshost(m): 6:22am On Jul 05, 2011
yawa-ti-de:

@afam4eva: Let's also realize that searches are geo-centric. By that, I mean that when I type same keywords in my locale, those 2 companies don't come up even though they might come up #1 on your side of the planet.

That is very correct. Even sometimes in the same location, they may not be the same result.
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by Afam4eva(m): 7:19am On Jul 05, 2011
@yawatide
I'm talking about google Nigeria(google.com.ng).
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by lagoshost(m): 10:01am On Jul 05, 2011
This really depends, eg when I google "host in nigeria" http://www.google.com/search?client=gmail&rls=gm&q=host%20in%20nigeria

The result is web4frica first and them www.lagoshost.com second. Others follows and on the same page, that first page, lagoshost appears 2 times.

I know that other keyword will give other results.

Cheers!
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by DualCore1: 10:11am On Jul 05, 2011
I don't see any SEO questions or answers here, as of yet.

Re: SEO Question And Answer! by Afam4eva(m): 10:34am On Jul 05, 2011
@lagoshost
You're talking of the keyword "host in nigeria" while I'm referring to popular keywords such as "hosting" and "web hosting". It's also good to know that you're doing well in google.

Now where are the questions or doesn't anyone want to be no 1 in google?
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by moty4all: 10:40am On Jul 05, 2011
@LagosHost, Okay Now the question, How did you do it.
How can one be on Google FirstPage.

1) Does Meta Keywords Works(Cause I am beginning to think it does not work).
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by Afam4eva(m): 10:52am On Jul 05, 2011
@moty4all
Meta tags does not work for google. Google does not use it anymore but it's advisable to add them for other search engines and incase google decides to use them again.

In order to get to the first page in google there are things you need to do with due diligence. Those are divided into on-site SEO and off-site SEO. Both are very important. Infact I'm of the view that on-site SEO is more efficient because I've seen people with minimal off-site SEO get to the number 1 position in google.
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by moty4all: 11:16am On Jul 05, 2011
@afam4ever
Can you explain more on on-site SEO and off-site SEO

What about page content. Do you have to put in all the keywords
And does site age really count.
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by yawatide(f): 12:16pm On Jul 05, 2011
@afam:

@yawatide
I'm talking about google Nigeria(google.com.ng).

Then you should have said so. By the way, nice "way" to wiggle yourself out of this one tongue
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by Afam4eva(m): 12:40pm On Jul 05, 2011
yawa-ti-de:

@afam:

Then you should have said so. By the way, nice "way" to wiggle yourself out of this one tongue

I didn't wiggle myself out of anything. Since we're Nigerians, if i'm talking of SEO rankings for Nigerian companies you should ordinarily know that i'm referring to google.com.ng and not google.com. Because if you type google.com in your browser it automatically redirects you to the Nigerian version after checking your IP or something like that.
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by lagoshost(m): 2:33pm On Jul 05, 2011
Please I started this thread for questions and answers, NairaLanders should be discipline enough to know what a thread is made for.
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by yawatide(f): 3:28pm On Jul 05, 2011
OP:

Referring to reply #11 (by dual core), you are yet to fulfill the purpose of this thread yourself.

Please remove the splinter from your eye, yada yada yada tongue

@afam:
I didn't wiggle myself out of anything. Since we're Nigerians, if i'm talking of SEO rankings for Nigerian companies you should ordinarily know that i'm referring to google.com.ng and not google.com. Because if you type google.com in your browser it automatically redirects you to the Nigerian version after checking your IP or something like that.

Please note the emoticon I used. I was yanking your legs. Be that as it may, I shouldn't have to "ordinarily know" anything. You need to be explicit because though this forum is nigeria-based, not everyone who uses it resides in Nigeria. Make sense? Don't assume or make assumptions.
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by greenmouse(m): 3:38pm On Jul 05, 2011
Oya, Lagoshost, start your tutorial,

what did u do?
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by greenmouse(m): 3:57pm On Jul 08, 2011
where is Lagos Host ? Start the lecture nah
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by item: 4:36pm On Jul 08, 2011
greenmouse:

where is Lagos Host ? Start the lecture nah

He said it is a question and answer section.

So you should be the one asking question.
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by mkohagwu(m): 4:58am On Jul 09, 2011
are all of you dumb
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by DualCore1: 7:00am On Jul 09, 2011
mkohagwu:

are all of you dumb

You may want to learn to control what you say seeing as you do not constitute any authority whatsoever over anyone here.
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by gabuzee(m): 7:51am On Jul 09, 2011
moty4all:

@LagosHost, Okay Now the question, How did you do it.
How can one be on Google FirstPage.

1) Does Meta Keywords Works(Cause I am beginning to think it does not work).
To me Meta Tags works, after reading a short book written by two guys @ google I tried adding meta tags to my blog and did a search on google and it worked especially the meta description tag. Though this guys claim google does not really use it but @ the end of the book they said its important to have "META TAGS".
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by yawatide(f): 8:15am On Jul 09, 2011
gabuzee: It is important to have them but of its 200+ variables that it uses to rank sites, they don't rank that high. Why?

1) They know that many people simply go to their competitor's website, copy their meta tags and paste on their own sites
2) Many people practice keyword stuffing
3) Even many more add keywords and other meta tag info that has nothing to do with what their website is about

If you want to rank high, concentrate on the content of your site in particular.
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by gabuzee(m): 8:21am On Jul 09, 2011
yawa-ti-de:

gabuzee: It is important to have them but of its 200+ variables that it uses to rank sites, they don't rank that high. Why?

1) They know that many people simply go to their competitor's website, copy their meta tags and paste on their own sites
3) Even many more add keywords and other meta tag info that has nothing to do with what their website is about

If you want to rank high, concentrate on the content of your site in particular.
Your are Right, I always tell people that Content is the King, but you still need to do some SEO tricks like Link building.
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by gabuzee(m): 8:24am On Jul 09, 2011
yawa-ti-de:

gabuzee: It is important to have them but of its 200+ variables that it uses to rank sites, they don't rank that high.  Why?  

Your are Right, I always tell people that Content is the King, but you still need to do some SEO tricks like Link building.
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by yawatide(f): 10:41am On Jul 09, 2011
gabuzee: yep, that too. As I said, google uses 200+ variables to gauge how relevant a site is.

Here is another:
There are 3 types of sites: Research sites, commercial sites and one other I don't recall. Google ranks research sites higher because of? Yep, you got it - content.
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by emekaD3(m): 9:53am On Jul 10, 2011
blah blah blah @ dc

just go and learn how to create some F*cking blog comment backlinks and maybe, just maybe you can find your precious "truedigits" at page 30
Re: SEO Question And Answer! by emekaD3(m): 10:13am On Jul 10, 2011
okay lemme show all of you something,

just google "click here"

http://www.google.com/search?client=flock&channel=fds&q=click+here&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t

now why is adobe no1?

did you see any click here in the title? or meta tags? or page content?

thats the power of backlinks!

thousands of pages link to the Adobe Reader download page. Typically, these links look something like this:

To read this document, you will need Adobe Reader. To download a free copy of
Adobe Reader Click Here.

The “Click Here” text links to: http://get.adobe.com/reader/

So despite having “Click Here” written nowhere on Adobe’s page, their Adobe Reader still ranks #1 for that term.

i was trying to offer linkbuilding servises here on NL and guess wat? the admin removed the page

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Say We Build The Best Website That Attracts Customers.what Do You Say? / Who Can Help Me Buy, And I Will Pay In Naira / I Doubt If Anyone One This Section Can Design This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.