Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project (18015 Views)

Kano, Katsina, Sokoto, 4 Others Spend N28.3bn On Ramadan Feeding / Jonathan's Government Awarded $1.96bn Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line In 2013 / Philip Walton: US Thanks Nigeria For Support As SEAL Team 6 Rescues Hostage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by VPN11(m): 5:57pm On Apr 01, 2022
SlyDev:
Kano rail to Niger is more economically important than Nigeria to South East

Nothing in South East

Why dont you clamour for integrations;what is good for goose is good for the gender.

Compare the commercial value; of a railway line from Onitsha commercial city to Lagos ;the employment it will provide to Nigerians;and the nonsensical distance from Kaduna to Maradi ?

Yall are still fighting Ndigbo;
the civil war destroyed landscape and infrastructures, thus leaving Igboland materially devastated. It put to a standstill any meaningful social and economic activity.

Prior to the civil war, Igboland witnessed a great level of development. It was the home of the first university in Nigeria (University of Nigeria Nsukka). Its coal industry and its agricultural ventures were functioning. Healthcare delivery was also functional but with the war everything was grounded. Even feats achieved during the war like locally built petroleum refineries, Uli Airport, Ogbunigwe armoured car and other ingenuities were destroyed and never improved upon by the Nigerian government. Ezeani (2013), writing on this Igbo loss, stated that ‘In Biafra Africa Died’ because Igbo achievements during the war could have helped to develop the African continent.

This is our generational fight.

"The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great-grandfather, Uthman Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We use the minorities of the North as willing tools and the South as a conquered territory and never allow them to rule over us, and never allow them to have control over their future." ~ Ahmadu Bello

3 Likes

Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by CoronaVirusPro: 5:57pm On Apr 01, 2022
Fahdiga:
Thunder strike both you and the person that constructed the project. No single federal presence in the east yet a certain lifeless president is doing wonders in another country

Where does the East lead to? Nowhere!

That project you see up there would boost trade and IGR
Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by APOSTLECHUMA: 5:58pm On Apr 01, 2022
THERE IS A HIDDEN ISLAMIC AGENDA THAT MANY CHRISTIANS WORLD OVER ARE IGNORANT OF. ISRAEL WILL DESTROY AL AQSA MOSQUE IN EAST JERUSALEM THE DAY UN RECOGNISES THE STATE OF PALESTINE THAT WILL HAVE EAST JERUSALEM AS ITS CAPITAL. THE IMPLICATION OF THIS IS A GLOBAL WAR ON RELIGION THAT WILL TAKE OVER 2 BILLION LIVES, MAINLY CHRISTIANS. ISRAEL TOOK THE KEY TO THE MOSQUE FROM MUSLIMS OVER 10 YEARS AGO AND SINCE THEN, MUSLIMS BEGAN SHARING REVOLVERS AND AK- 47 WORLD OVER IN PREPARATION. THIS RAIL PROJECT BETWEEN NIGERIA AND NIGER REPUBLIC IS SIMPLY TO CREATE ACCESS THROUGH WHICH ISLAMIC JIHADISTS FROM NIGER REPUBLIC WILL MOVE INTO NIGERIA AND HELP THEIR MUSLIM BROTHERS HERE TO SLAUGHER CHRISTIANS WHEN THAT TAKES PLACE. I RESPECT MUSLIMS FOR THEIR INTELLIGENCE AND SECRET BUT SMOOTH WAYS THEY PLAN THEIR THINGS. THIS WAR IS IN THE BIBLE AND CANT BE STOPPED AND I AM NOT ASKING ANY CHRISTISN TO GO AND BUY GUNS BUT TO REPENT AND ACCEPT CHRIST BECAUSE THIS DOOM'S DAY IS ALREADY UPON HUMANITY. EVEN MIGHTY AMERICA WILL BE TURNED INTO RADIOACTIVE ASHES BY RUSSIA TO PAVE WAY FOR RUSSIA, IRAN AND CHINA TO LEAD TO REST OF HUMANITY IN BATTLE AGAINST ISRAEL, TO FORCE ISRAEL TO ACCEPT THE DIVISION OF JERUSELEM, WHICH UN IS DOING IN THEIR INTEREST OF WORLD PEACE.
Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by Oninure(m): 6:02pm On Apr 01, 2022
Zooposki:

How I wish they only use Yoruba earnings to construct this railway.

My brother I can bet you if Yoruba or Hausa is the source of Nigeria revenue where oil is being exploited this thing u call Nigeria wud have separated tey tey...the forceful marriage is becos only one region is paying the price heavily while others watch and kick the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by VPN11(m): 6:18pm On Apr 01, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

The East =Commerce

Are we still at war ?

Lagos commercial city; to Onitsha commercial city; is more profitable ;more viable ;creates more jobs for indigenous Nigerians.

Igbos in charge of Nigeria’s economy’ – Buhari
“There is no town you will visit in Nigeria without seeing the Igbos being in charge of economic activities.”

1 Like

Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by nnamdi640: 6:19pm On Apr 01, 2022
SpecialAdviser:
grin grin When I see mor.ons down south who supports this man cos of political reason, I laugh in Swahili.
Don't mind them, all they do is to sabotage their fellow southerners.

4 Likes

Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by nnamdi640: 6:26pm On Apr 01, 2022
This is to show to you all how foolish and wicked this man called Buhari is. You are linking your country to a country suffering from abject poverty. Embarking on a project that will not bring anything good to the nation rather it will put us on more debt. Now I am believing what Nnamdi Kanu said about this man called Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by Nchenches: 6:26pm On Apr 01, 2022
SpecialAdviser:
grin grin When I see mor.ons down south who supports this man cos of political reason, I laugh in Swahili.

Baba with his supporters knows that one Nigeria is a mirage.
That's why he can't construct the railway in the old east region, but constructs this one for a future AREWA Republic.

4 Likes

Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by nnamdi640: 6:31pm On Apr 01, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

Zombie spotted! Member of Buhari will handle security and Osibanjo will handle economy is here. What type of trade will you have with Niger that is suffering of abject poverty if not to spread the poverty to close countries. Moreover, such project is a collective efforts from both countries since you think both countries will benefit not for one to act as a parasite and you are here defending rubbish. Again a sensible government would have invested that money on building refinery rather than waiting for Dangote which will reduce government expenses on subsidy.

4 Likes

Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by CoronaVirusPro: 6:32pm On Apr 01, 2022
VPN11:

The East =Commerce

Are we still at war ?

Lagos commercial city; to Onitsha commercial city; is more profitable ;more viable ;creates more jobs for indigenous Nigerians.

“There is no town you will visit in Nigeria without seeing the Igbos being in charge of economic activities.”

Selling Ugu leaf, drugs and spare part.

Is an Igbo the Alakija, Dangote, Mike Adenuga, Subomi Balogun, TY Danjuma or Abdul Salam Rabiu?

Y’all you think it’s Ugu, Egusi, drugs and spare part than makes the economy.

That Buhari statement is just to massage your ego, it’s not real. The real doers don’t make the noise.
Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by CoronaVirusPro: 6:32pm On Apr 01, 2022
APOSTLECHUMA:
THERE IS A HIDDEN ISLAMIC AGENDA THAT MANY CHRISTIANS WORLD OVER ARE IGNORANT OF. ISRAEL WILL DESTROY AL AQSA MOSQUE IN EAST JERUSALEM THE DAY UN RECOGNISES THE STATE OF PALESTINE THAT WILL HAVE EAST JERUSALEM AS ITS CAPITAL. THE IMPLICATION OF THIS IS A GLOBAL WAR ON RELIGION THAT WILL TAKE OVER 2 BILLION LIVES, MAINLY CHRISTIANS. ISRAEL TOOK THE KEY TO THE MOSQUE FROM MUSLIMS OVER 10 YEARS AGO AND SINCE THEN, MUSLIMS BEGAN SHARING REVOLVERS AND AK- 47 WORLD OVER IN PREPARATION. THIS RAIL PROJECT BETWEEN NIGERIA AND NIGER REPUBLIC IS SIMPLY TO CREATE ACCESS THROUGH WHICH ISLAMIC JIHADISTS FROM NIGER REPUBLIC WILL MOVE INTO NIGERIA AND HELP THEIR MUSLIM BROTHERS HERE TO SLAUGHER CHRISTIANS WHEN THAT TAKES PLACE. I RESPECT MUSLIMS FOR THEIR INTELLIGENCE AND SECRET BUT SMOOTH WAYS THEY PLAN THEIR THINGS. THIS WAR IS IN THE BIBLE AND CANT BE STOPPED AND I AM NOT ASKING ANY CHRISTISN TO GO AND BUY GUNS BUT TO REPENT AND ACCEPT CHRIST BECAUSE THIS DOOM'S DAY IS ALREADY UPON HUMANITY. EVEN MIGHTY AMERICA WILL BE TURNED INTO RADIOACTIVE ASHES BY RUSSIA TO PAVE WAY FOR RUSSIA, IRAN AND CHINA TO LEAD TO REST OF HUMANITY IN BATTLE AGAINST ISRAEL, TO FORCE ISRAEL TO ACCEPT THE DIVISION OF JERUSELEM, WHICH UN IS DOING IN THEIR INTEREST OF WORLD PEACE.

Fvcking gibberish!
Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by CoronaVirusPro: 6:33pm On Apr 01, 2022
nnamdi640:
Zombie spotted! Member of Buhari will handle security and Osibanjo will handle economy is here. What type of trade will you have with Niger that is suffering of abject poverty if not to spread the poverty to close countries.

You are not brilliant.
Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by Bashir75: 6:38pm On Apr 01, 2022
zombieTRACKER:

We agree

and once you hear Biafra,
once you hear the easterners who has nothing and Worth nothing are about leaving you..

you start shivering..
fools manifest in many ways

[b][b]Lies told by your stupid ipobian /biafran elders and peddled by ipobian young terrorist group. Who’s holding the entire Igboland from going? Of what significant is your staying or leaving Nigeria and to Whose benefit? Nigeria is propping-up entire Igbo-land because they’re poor states.

Tell your elected leaders both at the federal and states to raise your issue at the national assembly or quit collecting Nigeria currency, return Nigeria passport en-masse and move to your paradise region. Do that, show me you’re strong and not coward. Proof to me the notion that Igbo are the richest. Each region in Nigeria create peaceful and enable environment the Igbos don’t have in their region, for Igbos to thrive.

Proof me wrong that your region is blessed, thriving and that you’re the most resourceful by moving back to Biafraland en-masse and develop your tattered region. I can boldly tell you the Yorubas don’t give a Bleep about you and your [/b]tribesmen. Igbo don’t even know their space in Yorubaland and to think you’re that significant to us is overrating your tribe[/b].

https://twitter.com/Fattylincornn/status/1509188439597535233?s=20&t=9Qg5hud035pNkudQsvKBzg
Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by Abuventure: 6:39pm On Apr 01, 2022
SlyDev:

Nothing in South East
we have forgotten that Nigeria has a government still we live large. while the north is busy importing Islamic radicals that will wipe them.

1 Like

Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by NGArmyTerrorist: 6:42pm On Apr 01, 2022
What is happening in Kaduna -Kano rail will be the portion of that Katsina -Niger Republic Rail. The rail tracks will be Vandalized, the slippers will join, the train will end up in containers going back to China where they will melt the irons/metals to manufactur another thing. If you love your life stay away from that train because it is going to be deadly. These I have seen..

3 Likes

Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by nnamdi640: 6:44pm On Apr 01, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

You are not brilliant.
I can see how brilliant you are to be posting rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by Wannabenz: 6:52pm On Apr 01, 2022
greatiyk4u:
Has the project started?
Dem don bomb am...we go need 3billion naira to repair it... according to Amaechi grin
Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by APOSTLECHUMA: 7:17pm On Apr 01, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

Fvcking gibberish!
ON THAT DAY U WILL GO UNDER YOUR BED TO HIDE FROM ISLAMIC FORCES WHO HAVE ALREADY SURRROUNDED YOUR VILLAGE WITH AK-47, YOU WILL RECOLLECT SEEING THIS IN NAIRALAND. MEAN WHILE IT IS NOT FOR UNBELIEVERS AND ATHEISTS, BUT FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN KNOWING ESCTHATOLOGICAL PROPHETIC BIBLE EVENTS.

1 Like

Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by J3susFr3ak: 7:17pm On Apr 01, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

Is an Igbo the Alakija, Dangote, Mike Adenuga, Subomi Balogun, TY Danjuma or Abdul Salam Rabiu?

That Buhari statement is just to massage your ego, it’s not real. The real doers don’t make the noise.

Your so-called "real doers" were the primary beneficiaries of a wickedly corrupt nepotistic cronyism that granted special monopolistic privileges to a certain few because they came from a certain region or religion.

Allow others also import necessities like Sugar, Cement, Rice etc., the way the people you bragged about did and watch if every so called zone in the country will not also produce their own dollar billionaires. In fact, if each State had the powers to restrict who imports what necessary products into their own markets and decidedly champion major importers from their own kin....I am certain that will lead to some interesting results..

The Ugu, Egusi, drugs and spare parts people you tried to insult above started from zero without the connections to easy State patronage and corruption. These are the types of the people any sane person should respect the more....and yes....even in developed economies it is the small and mid-sized businesses/companies that drive the whole economy controlled by middle class--not the massive exports of the Fortune 500 blue chip industries.

You celebrate corruption by hyping people who will not be where they are without the oil/gas from the SS/SE.

2 Likes

Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by Benwallt(m): 8:29pm On Apr 01, 2022
This man is mocking us with this thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by Ouchbabe(f): 8:31pm On Apr 01, 2022
Is it this one that your brothers will blow up very soon? What a waste of resources
Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by zombieTRACKER: 8:36pm On Apr 01, 2022
FoolaniHellman:

It's pathetic that you Igbos continue to play politics of bitterness!! Everyone has right to vote whomever they want! GEJ did worst to the Yorubas and they decided to vote him out with alliances.

So if you're against this Bubu tenure, why not campaign for your candidate and forget about Yoruba Muslims, they should be the least of Igbos worries but every now and then, every dick and Harry called igbos just want to chase clout with the Yoruba Muslim nonsense!

You carry Yoruba Muslim for head like Headgear grin cheesy

we have seen the politics of love Yoruba Muslims played during Jonathon tenure..

enjoy your Buhari..
enjoy your bandits
enjoy your black out
enjoy your fuel scarcity
enjoy your Fulani herdsmen
enjoy your ASUU strike
enjoy your inflation

Sai Barber

2 Likes

Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 01, 2022
I fervently wish and hope any incoming will halt the stupid til project. We are yet to successfully connect Nigerian states , yet we are connecting rail from Nigeria to a country that has little economic benefit to Nigeria. Buhari considers these guys from Niger as his kin than other tribes in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by Thetruthshallse(m): 8:53pm On Apr 01, 2022
How was this project approved? Are southerner in both houses sleeping or what. No wonder they want to compesate amaechi with the presidency. If any southerner became the president, this project must be stopped. Niger should construct its railways.

3 Likes

Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by Stanleyq: 9:07pm On Apr 01, 2022
SlyDev:

Nothing in South East
really, but ur nama and other foods were spoiling that time u refused to push them.. they are nothing..allow them to go... no.. poverty go kill us if they go, giant of africa is nigeria, treasure of nigeria that makes them de giant is south east..not all almajiris... nor those farmers, nor the animal rearers, the north are with nothing and thats why they do anything to get to power, the only source of their wealth.

1 Like

Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:30pm On Apr 01, 2022
And the Arewa Online Herdsmen have decided to keep quiet with the killings going on in the region. Take a good look at Kaduna and see things for yourself.

Well, even the average Bahushe is not surprised a bit, reason been, the political hegemony, the traditional rulers and some powerful northerners have been the backbone behind all this rampage.

Regardless, it's PeaceNIGERIA
Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by Benwallt(m): 9:46pm On Apr 01, 2022
See what some of the so call yoots are typing over a common thank you from somewhere as far as Niger Republic. I mean, how did this degenerates into keypad tribal war? Why can't we have peace? I am highly disappointed. People need come here to read and feel relaxed, get solutions to knotty issues, contribute meaningfully to business, politics and National discuss but you see, you, yes, I am mean you, you, you and you will not allow that to happen owing to tribal bickerings. All of you will rot in hell. What's it that you can't outgrown. It is a pitty
Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by DMerciful(m): 12:02am On Apr 02, 2022
See the many people that liked your comment. Igbo hate is what unites Nigeria
SlyDev:

Biafra is a barren land
Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by 00FFT00(m): 1:09am On Apr 02, 2022
No be their fault.
Na Luggard I blame.

1 Like

Re: Niger President Thanks Nigeria Over $1.96bn Kano-Katsina-Maradi Railway Project by VPN11(m): 2:57am On Apr 02, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

Sorry you asked for it ; education aint cheap;especially quality education;

I feel good today;Free economics class give away.

Enjoy.

Nigeria: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors in 31 States, FCT

Outside the five states that make up the South East geopolitical zone, traders who are of Igbo extraction are controlling critical sectors in 31 states and the Federal Capital Territory, reports by our correspondents reveal.

Reports from the South West, South South, North West, North East, North Central and the FCT, showed that investments of Igbo traders, cutting across all sectors dot the state capitals, LGAs, major towns and villages in other parts of the country.

The South East geopolitical zone is made up of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo states. At a time, agitation for secession is being spearheaded by the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Igbo traders enjoy peaceful, uninterrupted trading in other parts of the country.

'Igbos own 73% of Abuja property'

In Abuja, Igbo traders dominate the nerves of businesses in the city centre and the area councils.

Reports by our correspondents showed that the Igbo control housing and hospitality businesses just as they exclusively dominated spare parts and building materials trade in Deidei, Zone 5, Apo, Zuba and Mararraba.

During his tenure as minister of FCT, Malam Nasir El-Rufa'i, declared that the Igbo have acquired about 73 per cent of landed properties in Abuja.

"Sixty-eight per cent of the land allocations in the FCT belong to the 19 northern states, but in the actual land ownership, 73 per cent belongs to the Igbo with the most aggressive in land ownership belonging to the indigenes of Anambra State, while Ebonyi lags behind," El-Rufai said in 2007.

Sources in major markets in the FCT said most of the shops are owned by Igbo traders and investors.

An Abuja native in Kubwa, Mr Sunday Gazazhin, said no Nigerian would be comfortable with what Biafra agitators are doing to northerners in the South East.

Gazazhin, who is a youth leader, said Abuja indigenes have sacrificed their land willingly to Nigerians when the same right is being denied to other Nigerians in the eastern part of the country.

An Igbo trader who is a former chairman of Abuja Building Material Market in Deidei, Comrade Anthony Chukwuneke, told Daily Trust that he is in support of Biafra agitators and denied their involvement in attacking northerners in the South East.

When alerted about the Igbo's huge investment scattered in the North, in the event that they seceded, he replied, "The only thing that the Igbo trader should expect, is a special tax imposition against his business".

S/East traders dot 44 Kano LGAs

In Kano, the Igbo are going about their normal business with several investments in the commercial centre of northern Nigeria.

The spare parts and construction products market at Kofar Ruwa is one of the market areas in Kano where the Igbos dominate or play a significant role in the business of the market. While they are not the only tribe involved in the market, they control the highest volume of trade in it.

It was observed, however, that during the sit-at-home order of the IPOB recently, business activities in the market went on as normal.

Similarly, at the popular Sabon Gari Market (Abubakar Rimi Market) in Sabongari area of Kano, the Igbo and other non-indigenous tribes go about their day-to-day businesses peacefully with their hosts.

Daily Trust reports that aside from the major business interest, there is hardly any village in Kano's 44 local government areas that an Igbo man or woman would not be seen conducting his/her business and living amicably with their hosts.

Beyond the markets and other business interests, the Igbo are similarly heavily invested in the multi-billion Naira properties business across the state with a concentration in the Sabongari area of Kano metropolis.

While several individuals of Igbo extraction in Kano approached for comment declined on the basis of the sensitivity of the issues, Daily Trust recalls that the Eze Ndigbo of Kano, Igwe Boniface Ibekwe (Ide 1), had in a recent press release on behalf of the Association of Igbo Traditional Leaders in Diaspora, reaffirmed their "unalloyed support and commitment to the sustenance of a strong and virile Nigeria, where peace, unity, justice and equity prevail."

In Taraba, south-easterners dominate commerce

Igbo traders have dominated the building materials, spare parts, pharmaceuticals and other businesses in Jalingo, the Taraba State capital and other major towns in the state.

Findings revealed that 95 per cent of building materials, spare parts and pharmaceutical shops in Jalingo, Wukari, Takum, Gembu, Zing and MutumBiyu are owned by Igbos.

At Jalingo main mechanic village, almost 95 per cent of spare parts shops are owned by the Igbo. They also form over 65 per cent of the total motor mechanics in Jalingo and other towns in the state.

Similarly, most of the big pharmaceutical shops along Palace Way, Barde Way and other locations in Jalingo as well as in other towns and villages across the state are owned by the Igbo.

Bayelsa's economy under Igbo traders' control

Over 80% of businesses operated in Bayelsa State are owned by Nigerians from the South East region, our correspondent reports.

The Igbo traders see themselves as part and parcel of the state. Finding shows that many supermarkets, filling stations, eateries and clubs as well as other petty businesses are operated by Igbo people.

Checks at Swali Market, the biggest market in Bayelsa State, indicate that people from the South East are operating in the market peacefully with the people of the state.

A popular supermarket in Yenagoa, the state capital, belonging to an Igbo businessman is said to be the pioneer supermarket in the state.

Some Igbo traders' union leaders who spoke with Daily Trust said they have been operating in the state even before the creation of Bayelsa State.

Why we are leading in Akwa Ibom -- Eze Ndigbo

In Akwa Ibom, the Igbo are leading in the food market, household goods and supermarkets, electronics/electricals and auto/mechanical. They are in the majority in the automobile market called the mechanic village in Uyo, among other businesses.

They have continued to thrive even in the face of insecurity that is not just threatening Nigerians, the nation's territorial integrity but also the economy.

The Eze Ndigbo in Akwa Ibom, His Royal Highness, Eze Dr CYC Umeakuka JP, attributed the knack of the Igbo to thrive in business despite insecurity in the country to the peace they enjoy in the state and the hospitable nature of the people.

Umeakuka, who is also the President General of Eze Ndigbo in Nigeria and the Diaspora, said their risk-taking streak was a contributory factor to their success in business.

Igbo businesses thrive in Lagos

Despite the agitation led by the IPOB for an independent nation for the eastern region, businessmen from the area are thriving in Lagos, the commercial nerve centre of Nigeria.
A visit to major markets in the state indicated that they are doing their business without any hindrance.

Some major markets in the state, such as Alaba International, Jankara, Ladipo, Oyingbo, Computer village are dominated by people from the eastern region.

At Alaba International Market, which is the largest electronics market in Nigeria, they said there is no discrimination against them.

A visit to the Apapa ports also revealed that they are very active in clearing goods. In the hospitality business, a good number of hotels in the state are owned by Igbo businessmen.

Some of the businessmen who expressed confidence in the unity of the country claimed that the president and his men promoted the agitation in the region. They claimed that President Buhari has always shown his alleged dislike for the region through his utterances.

Collinson Oha, an electronics dealer in Alaba International Market, who has lived and traded in Lagos for over 12 years, said the people asking for separation are not happy with the way the government is handling things in the country.

Another trade, Chinozo Ebere, said the agitation in the South East has not affected his relationship with traders and customers from other regions.

However, some of them said if the agitation for Biafra succeeds, they would be willing to continue trading in Nigeria while they relocate the headquarters of their business to the new nation.

By Ismail Mudashir, Hamisu Kabir Matazu, Adamu Umar (Abuja), Clement A. Oloyede (Kano), Magaji Isa Hunkuyi (Jalingo), Bassey Willie (Yenagoa), Iniabasi Umo (Uyo) & Abiodun Alade (Lagos)

Read the original article on Daily Trust.

Internally generated income only

Forex and foreign (diaspora generated income =Diaspora remittance = Mostly from Southerners =Southerners Mostly Igbos and Yoruba's .

Nigeria’s diaspora remittances may beat World Bank’s projection, rise 10% to $14.2bn annually.

Thats a lot of Forex ;bigger than forex; from Crude oil ;Nigeria needs; Igbo Diaspora remittance.

BUSINESSForbes Top 10 Richest Men in Nigeria in 2022

Rank Name Net worth Age Source of Wealth
1 Aliko Dangote $14 Billion 64 Cement and Sugar
2 Mike Adenuga $7.9 Billion 68 Telecommunication, Oil and Gas
3 Femi Otedola $5.9 Billion 59 Oil and Gas
4 Arthur Eze $5 Billion 73 Oil and Gas
5 Abdulsamad Rabiu $3.7 Billion 61 Cement and Sugar
6 Cletus Ibeto $3.5 Billion 69 Automobile, Real Estate
7 Orji Uzor Kalu $3.2 Billion 61 Furniture, Publishing
8 ABC Orjiakor $1.2 Billion 63 Oil and Gas
9 Jimoh Ibrahim $1 Billion 54 Insurance, Oil and Gas, Real Estate
10 Tony Elumelu $900 Million 58 Banking

Ndigbo= 5/10 richest men in Nigeria.

Ndigbo 5 out of 10 richest = Multiple billionaire in the top 10 category.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area / The Evacuation Of Victims Of Suicide Attack In Maiduguri By NEMA In Pictures / Cattle Ranches: Imo House Of Assembly Begins Debate On Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.