Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

11 Important Things To Know To Start Your Music Career - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / 11 Important Things To Know To Start Your Music Career (143 Views)

How To Find A Sponsor Or Record Label For Your Music Career / 5 Important Things To Do As An Upcoming Artist / Build Your Music Career Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

11 Important Things To Know To Start Your Music Career by KevinEze: 2:42pm On Apr 01, 2022
If you’ve ever wanted to pursue your passion for music and don’t know where or how to start your music career, this is for you. If you’ve been doing music as a hobby and you want to switch to making it your career choice, you have found the right article. 

In this guide, I’ll cover all the major things you will need to start your music career as an independent artist. If your end goal is to get signed with a major record label, you will still need to start your music career by applying the following steps so I have put in some work to gather these steps for you. 

With the current situation in the music industry, thanks to the internet, you do not need to be signed and highly dependent on record labels to make a career in music because now, the internet provides you the freedom to do it yourself given that you have guidelines and strategies in place to follow.

Signing with a record label has its benefits as the label can provide resources, networks, and expertise that lets you leave out the business side of your music to focus on the creative aspects but this may come at an expensive cost that I don’t think is advisable for artists to pay. Like the label having full ownership of your music, etc. 

The disadvantage of starting your music career as an independent artist is that it’s not easy, and it takes a lot of work because you will be taking it as your business and not just focusing on the creative aspect. You will need to be very well aware of the marketing and promotion aspect, streaming and distribution aspects, licensing and certification aspects, and also focus on the creative aspect at the same time so this may seem like a lot of work.

Hence why I have put together the essential things you need to know to start your music career as an independent artist. I hope this serves as a roadmap to help you get a good starting point for your music career. 

Click here to continue reading: https://kevineze.com/things-to-know-to-start-your-music-career/

(1) (Reply)

Https://twitter.com/bwoyflamez/status/1560407310933135360?s=19 / Let Me Create A Cartoon Video For Your New Music At A Cheap Price / Which Singer Do You Like Pass In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.