Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,670 members, 7,816,755 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP (33413 Views)

Shekarau Wins Kano Central Senate Seat Under NNPP / Hilda Dokubo Runs For House of Representatives Seat Under LP In Rivers / Kano: No Aspirant Contested Makoda LG Assembly Seat Under PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by MajorOvakporaye(f): 9:23pm On Apr 01, 2022
He may end up like Desmond Eediot
Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by blaise26abj(m): 9:23pm On Apr 01, 2022
seanfer:
Banky is getting his political calculation wrong. He need to start from the state house of assembly. He won his LGA in 2019, imagine he contested for the state house of assembly all he need is a vote from just 1 LGA instead of 2 that makes up the House of rep seat.
You’re popular as a musician doesn’t mean people will vote you in politics.
Look at Desmond Elliot who started from state house of Assembly.
God bless you . Who the f is sowore ? What is his pedigree politically ? What are his achievements ? Who knows Fela Durotoye in the politics of Nigeria ? And these guys keep running for presidency . Waste of money and effort . They should form a coalition and take over a state Legislature. Then create a big change that is hard to ignore . Get one of the dynamic young guys into governorship . Then aim for presidency . Track record will always help in understanding Nigeria and it’s uniqueness . Nigeria CANNOT Change suddenly in 2023 no matter who enters as president . Not in 4 years . Not in 8 years . Change must happen from the grassroots . Chairmanship , state houses , governorship , reps . Senate then presidency .

4 Likes

Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by Kunlelee: 9:25pm On Apr 01, 2022
He can never win that seat as long as bola is Alive, he should go and ask Ibrahim obanikoro when he was in pdp and won the chairmanship of Eti-osa LG.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by Bashir75: 9:26pm On Apr 01, 2022

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by Cmanforall: 9:27pm On Apr 01, 2022
It's allowed.. if that's the platform that will get him there
Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by Mooh247: 9:27pm On Apr 01, 2022
Intelligent man... Too bad he joined PDPiggs he has a sure chance in APC
Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by Neddstark: 9:29pm On Apr 01, 2022
Endsars was a PDP tool used to destabilize fhe APC government
Banky, Rinu,Timi Dakolo, etc are all pdp

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by derecho(m): 9:30pm On Apr 01, 2022
I think Banky is more mature now.I have watched him for sometime now and I think he's genuine. My problem is will PDP allow him do what he intends to do?

Watch closely what he wrote "engage Nigeria where it is not where we expect it.. " he is passing a subtle message. He knows PDP is not clean but he prefers it to APC anyways..

Secondly, he wants many youths to join him there otherwise he'll be a lone ranger.
Jostoman:
Victory is yours Mr banky w but please don't be like Desmond Elliot when you get there o.

3 Likes

Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by dododawa1: 9:31pm On Apr 01, 2022
Shina Peller, Desmond Elliot and akin Alabi are cashing out too, Nigeria sweet to chop free money

3 Likes

Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by abc115: 9:32pm On Apr 01, 2022
The hoodlums that burn Lagos

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by rolams(m): 9:32pm On Apr 01, 2022
seanfer:
Banky is getting his political calculation wrong. He need to start from the state house of assembly. He won his LGA in 2019, imagine he contested for the state house of assembly all he need is a vote from just 1 LGA instead of 2 that makes up the House of rep seat.

House of representatives also comprise of one local government but state house of assembly would have been better as you have rightly posited because he will only need 1/2 of his local government votes. We have two members representing a local government at the state level.

1 Like

Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by We4all: 9:33pm On Apr 01, 2022
This dude should rest already. He wants to do everything and be everywhere.
Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by smile11s(m): 9:34pm On Apr 01, 2022
I support this
Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by omoteacher(m): 9:35pm On Apr 01, 2022
shocked

It will be Hard defeating Ibrahim Obanikoro.

He is well grounded and loved too. Good step

Banky W. I hope you win your primary's.

4 Likes

Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by redcliff: 9:35pm On Apr 01, 2022
dalongjnr:
Wild goose Chase.

Nigerians!! What do you furcking want?!!!! I hate you guys!!! Shebi na the youth wey una dey clamour say una need.. now then comot to go contest, you dey talk dust.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by surgical: 9:42pm On Apr 01, 2022
Kunlelee:
He can never win that seat as long as bola is Alive, he should go and ask Ibrahim obanikoro when he was in pdp and won the chairmanship of Eti-osa LG.
Be deceiving your self if he gets the ticket he will win by a good margin

1 Like

Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by adioolayi(m): 9:43pm On Apr 01, 2022
Now he has a platform that can win elections...this it the best way to drive the change you truly desire.

Join a platform that can win elections...you can't claim to be a good candidate like Sowore, Fela Durotoye, Kinsley Moghalu and run on a platform that cannot win a single ward..it's a waste of time and resources...

Good aspirants should join a platform where they can win elections!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by topoftheworld(m): 9:43pm On Apr 01, 2022
Wish U well.
But don't call us children like Desmond Elliot when U get to office..

1 Like

Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by Jeffersonagain(m): 9:44pm On Apr 01, 2022
This makes a lot of sense.
Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by ovieigho(m): 9:45pm On Apr 01, 2022
seanfer:

Smh!!
People

If he contest state house of assembly, you would have said he should start as a councilor just because he lost !

How many heads does obanikoro’s son or lai muhammed’s son has that made them to contest and win house of reps ?!

Whatever happened to motivational talk of aiming high ?

As a matter of fact banky is suitable for this position and God’s willing he will get there

3 Likes

Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by Okoroawusa: 9:46pm On Apr 01, 2022
ENDSARS was all about politics...We dey wait for Debo Macaroni

3 Likes

Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by Babagbengene79: 9:49pm On Apr 01, 2022
Baba don port
Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by Toni19: 9:49pm On Apr 01, 2022
APC owns Lagos, come rain come sun... Free entrance to HOR... If only you can engage jagaban. Lagos politics is wisdom. Enter thru APC and make a difference. PDP is dead already.

1 Like

Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by everythinggirly(f): 9:51pm On Apr 01, 2022
Abeg he should go and rest!
Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by texazzpete(m): 9:56pm On Apr 01, 2022
RichDad1:
Gradually, they’re showing their true intentions.
Endsars was all about politics.

Sorry o. I forgot everyone who did ENDSARS was supposed to take a vow of poverty and pledge never to contest for elections or vote.

This silly blackmail no go work. I don’t believe in karma, but I pray one day you find yourself a victim of police brutality. So you go learn

4 Likes

Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by basadenet: 9:58pm On Apr 01, 2022
The guy BW must be a joker and it is like he has some slush funds he intend to waste, wish him best of luck
Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by Benwallt(m): 10:03pm On Apr 01, 2022
What concerns Nigeria with Ghana politics?
Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by gambojimeta: 10:05pm On Apr 01, 2022
Dude is just looking for money grin

I don't even remember the name of the party in the previous election.

Someone needs to advise him to start with Lagos State House of Assembly PDP primary election before thinking of federal grin
Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by gambojimeta: 10:08pm On Apr 01, 2022
LegendHero:
Nice one Banky. This is better than contesting under mushroom parties.

I also like you for being bold coz lot of other celebrities do wish to contest too but are scared of what online youths with say about them joining APC or PDP.

You now have to face Ibrahim Obanikoro of APC if you win the primaries. The guy is also sound and intelligent so that make sense for Eti-Osa.

I just hope hypocritical people won't cry blue murder if a celeb declare under the APC too.
Even if he gets the PDP ticket, I don't see how a Banky-W would defeat an Obanikoro under Lagos APC.

Goodluck to him though.

3 Likes

Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by Peace1993: 10:08pm On Apr 01, 2022
Hi guys,
This special piece of information goes all out to

1. manufacturers(in small and large scale) as well as my fellow islamic adherents that make use of DATES/DABINU and TIGERNUT/AYA/IMUMU as raw materials in producing their products and IFTAR respectively

2. guys that are interested in PONMO - for domestic and party use,

3. BEANS(of any type) users;

that I can supply the aforementioned products from the Northern part of Nigeria(specifically Yobe state) to anywhere within the Country.

Kindly reach me through the below contact 09038766557(for WhatsApp and Call)

Your patronage will, be highly appreciated and not be regretted

1 Like

Re: Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP by Benmob: 10:09pm On Apr 01, 2022
Neddstark:
Endsars was a PDP tool used to destabilize fhe APC government
Banky, Rinu,Timi Dakolo, etc are all pdp
then apc government destabilize nigeria even worst than pdp,even though both na d same feathers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Dances With Rufai Oseni (Video) / Declared-Wanted Terrorist Captured In Adamawa / DSS Accredits Daily Post, Nine Others For Coverage Of Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.