Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,924 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Should Pastors Use Armed Policemen As Security? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Pastors Use Armed Policemen As Security? (2792 Views)

Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) / Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M / Quote Me, Pastors Use Juju To Hold Their Members! --- Guru Maharaj Ji’s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Pastors Use Armed Policemen As Security? by PurestBoy(m): 7:37pm On Aug 05, 2007
Pastors and other ministers of God have abandoned the heavenly guards and now use armed mobile police for their security. Is it scriptural for them to do so? I even learnt some of them possess go about with pistol for their security. Please tell me your view about this topic

Thanks
Re: Should Pastors Use Armed Policemen As Security? by pilgrim1(f): 8:00pm On Aug 05, 2007
If na you nko, wetin you go do in a country where security is an expensive commodity these days?

Anyways, such are the indices of what image we have built for ourselves in the broader context. The reason why anyone is concerned about such issues is because 'pastors' also adopt the security measures as others do - politicians, chieftians, VIPs, etc. Nobody asks questions or bats eyelids on the other cases - and they do so for whatever reasons they feel demands attention on their very lives.

On the whole, I think the time has come for people to begin asking right questions and seeking the right answers. Perhaps. . . just perhaps, one of the reasons why some pastors would be doing that is because they feel very insecure in themselves and may not be reflecting faith enough to trust in God's protection in a very dangerous environment.

Just my reflections.
Re: Should Pastors Use Armed Policemen As Security? by Configur(m): 8:01pm On Aug 05, 2007
dont really tink so.they could use guards but the going to d extent of employing gun carrying security men  is just too much,
Re: Should Pastors Use Armed Policemen As Security? by pilgrim1(f): 8:04pm On Aug 05, 2007
Guards, security personnel, armed cover/back-up personnel - what really is the difference? Just nomenclatures of the same taxonomy. undecided
Re: Should Pastors Use Armed Policemen As Security? by Kuns: 4:32pm On Aug 07, 2007
If these lying pastors really believe in God why don't they let the angels and holy ghost protect them?

Wht do they need security guards? The god these pastors believe in is the dollar bill which as written on the back (in god we trust).

Money (Owo = it is fallen) is their god that's why they need armed police as security.

These pastor's should practice what they preach and ask the angels of the bible to protect them.
Re: Should Pastors Use Armed Policemen As Security? by donnie(m): 7:21pm On Aug 07, 2007
Look at you!

You are looking for who you will kill next. grin

Anyways, many of them pastors wouldnt mind moving without security men, but for members like me who wouldn't let them. Afterall, they preach in open air crusades before millions including armed robbers, thugs and assasins.

I remember david's mighty men who will prevent David from going out to meet an enemy saying they will take care of them by themselves saying lest the light of Iseal be put out; that is the spirit. And Peter who wouldnt let those wicked pharisees and soldiers come close to Jesus.

Besides, if some of them like my pastor did, they will be causing unnecessary stampedes on the streets. And with people like you around, they had better have armed guards around. Afterall, what did those dear reverend fathers which we read about last year in the papers do to deserve such a death. They were murdered in their church premises.
Its not like they are known to be very wealthy though. smiley
Re: Should Pastors Use Armed Policemen As Security? by darfur(m): 12:08am On Aug 08, 2007
donnie:

Look at you!

You are looking for who you will kill next. grin

Anyways, many of them pastors wouldnt mind moving without security men, but for members like me who wouldn't let them. Afterall, they preach in open air crusades before millions including armed robbers, thugs and assasins.

I remember david's mighty men who will prevent David from going out to meet an enemy saying they will take care of them by themselves saying lest the light of Iseal be put out; that is the spirit. And Peter who wouldnt let those wicked pharisees and soldiers come close to Jesus.

Besides, if some of them like my pastor did, they will be causing unnecessary stampedes on the streets. And with people like you around, they had better have armed guards around. Afterall, what did those dear reverend fathers which we read about last year in the papers do to deserve such a death. They were murdered in their church premises.
Its not like they are known to be very wealthy though. smiley

what does it take for people to ask the right questions? why are people so gullible? how can a pastor employ armed guards. dont tell me it's the church members that are insisting on giving him armed guards. what if the church members insisted on buying him a wheel barrow for transportation, would he accept? so that issue of church members giving him armed guards is absolute bunkum.
haha, i don die for this we obodo nigeria grin wetin i no go hear. some pastors are said to own guns, some have marital problems, some dont live with their wives. na wa o. grin grin grin grin
i laugh in swahili

Re: Should Pastors Use Armed Policemen As Security? by PurestBoy(m): 6:46pm On Aug 11, 2007
donnie, I posted an issue here for us to reason about and I see no reason why you should insult me. Please show some respect and courtesy and stop this immoral behaviors.
Re: Should Pastors Use Armed Policemen As Security? by BlkRaven(f): 8:46pm On Aug 11, 2007
Why would pastors need armed policemen or pistol as security? Pastors should have more faith in God. God protects his children, doesn't He? Perhaps some pastors don't even believe the stuff they preach so they need backup just in case.
Re: Should Pastors Use Armed Policemen As Security? by orunmila76(m): 9:38pm On Aug 11, 2007
God will always protect his children,if u have faith in him
Re: Should Pastors Use Armed Policemen As Security? by darfur(m): 10:21pm On Aug 12, 2007
BlkRaven:

Perhaps some pastors don't even believe the stuff they preach so they need backup just in case.

no be me de talk, na prime minister botha de talkio. . . . . . . . .________fela kuti
Re: Should Pastors Use Armed Policemen As Security? by Diovinci: 10:24pm On May 09, 2013
darfur:

no be me de talk, na prime minister botha de talkio. . . . . . . . .________fela kuti

The world is never the same no like back in the days of Moses,Elijah,David and so many man of God,when God speaks to people directly,sends them on a mission,No one can stop Gods mission,you can kill a man of God(St. stephen) but u can't kill the word of God.IF you are on Gods mission why should you be scared of death,you should be ready to die in what you believe in,It is loss of faith,the real people of God are in the congregation!not the so call man of God.

(1) (Reply)

Which Is More Violent, The Bible Or The Quran? / Fake Pastors And Church Business Exposed In Nigeria / I Will Make Them Eat Bitter FOOD And Drink POISONED Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.