Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Boys Says He No Longer Wants To Go To School Rather Wants To Be A Conductor - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Boys Says He No Longer Wants To Go To School Rather Wants To Be A Conductor (433 Views)

Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) / Unpaid Polytechnic Lecturer Becomes A Bus Conductor In PH, Rivers State (Video) / Boy Insists He No Longer Wants To Go To School, Wants To Become Bus Conductor (V (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boys Says He No Longer Wants To Go To School Rather Wants To Be A Conductor by Fidelix200(m): 8:25am On Apr 02, 2022
A video of a boy insisting to his mother that he wants to become a bus conductor is trending online.

In the video, the boy, named Chijindu, is seen tearfully telling his mother that he doesn't want to continue going to school and wants to become a conductor instead.

When his mother told him to prove that he has the skills to be a conductor, the boy is seen demonstrating by calling for passengers.

Watch the video on Instagram

Re: Boys Says He No Longer Wants To Go To School Rather Wants To Be A Conductor by MonkeyMods(m): 8:31am On Apr 02, 2022
He is allowed to become whatever he wishes to become in life.
There's no formula to being anything in life.
It's only in Nigeria kids will tell you they want to become lawyers, doctors, engineers, pilot etc,, in the end most of them never get to become that. Parents most of the time mount pressure on their children to become what is never their calling.
Most times cos of lack of money to see them through education and some will fall by the road side and those dreams squashed.

In developed countries I see children saying they want to become plumbers, carpenters, bus drivers etc I was shocked the day I saw them display art works depicting all kinds of menial jobs they wished to do when they grow up.

I was talking to one white friend of mine one day we met at Nandos, and he boastful told me he resigned from his bank manager job to become an electrician...!

If this boy's desire is to become a conductor, so be it cos he might end up becoming a drug addict, high way criminal, cultist etc,, if deprived of his heart desires

My own two pence!

1 Like

Re: Boys Says He No Longer Wants To Go To School Rather Wants To Be A Conductor by MadamVanessa(f): 8:34am On Apr 02, 2022
shocked
They should allow him to chase his dream.
Re: Boys Says He No Longer Wants To Go To School Rather Wants To Be A Conductor by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 8:35am On Apr 02, 2022
This is where buhari has led nigeria to.
Re: Boys Says He No Longer Wants To Go To School Rather Wants To Be A Conductor by SweetJoystick(m): 8:37am On Apr 02, 2022
Na the money wey he dey see for their hand dey deceive am.
Re: Boys Says He No Longer Wants To Go To School Rather Wants To Be A Conductor by inoki247: 8:40am On Apr 02, 2022
SweetJoystick:
Na the money wey he dey see for their hand dey deceive am.

Lol no tell him body go lata tell him Conductor wey come with beating nd slapping without getting a beating allowance from ur boss even if dem shook u bottle na u go treat am ursef.....
Re: Boys Says He No Longer Wants To Go To School Rather Wants To Be A Conductor by lilvicky68(m): 8:42am On Apr 02, 2022
Buhari would have better been a conductor than a president
Re: Boys Says He No Longer Wants To Go To School Rather Wants To Be A Conductor by MikeBetty(m): 8:46am On Apr 02, 2022
Fidelix200:
A video of a boy insisting to his mother that he wants to become a bus conductor is trending online.

In the video, the boy, named Chijindu, is seen tearfully telling his mother that he doesn't want to continue going to school and wants to become a conductor instead.

When his mother told him to prove that he has the skills to be a conductor, the boy is seen demonstrating by calling for passengers.

Watch the video on Instagram

he has discovered his calling early
Re: Boys Says He No Longer Wants To Go To School Rather Wants To Be A Conductor by JUMO95: 8:56am On Apr 02, 2022
We are influenced mostly by our family. That is why family is the building block of every society.
His perception and mental construct is based on people he is seeing.

The truth is he has a higher chance of building his house and buying his first car earlier than a Nigerian graduate.

You fit finish nysc make job no dey sote you go start POS business.
Re: Boys Says He No Longer Wants To Go To School Rather Wants To Be A Conductor by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 02, 2022
Okay.
Re: Boys Says He No Longer Wants To Go To School Rather Wants To Be A Conductor by HeeBraHim2(m): 9:59am On Apr 02, 2022
What do you expect from an Igbo boy?
Re: Boys Says He No Longer Wants To Go To School Rather Wants To Be A Conductor by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 02, 2022
Why won't he want to become a conductor when Buhari has killed education in this country and made it look unattractive ?
The boy also knows that, you dnt need a Degree certificate to become the president, all u need to have is your NEPA Bills.
Re: Boys Says He No Longer Wants To Go To School Rather Wants To Be A Conductor by Michelle70(m): 10:05am On Apr 02, 2022
I remembered back in school, a boy wanted to study a Four years course and later chased his ambition in life, his parents forced him to study medicine cos medical doc's get job essily, due to less passion in medicine, his concentration was below average and he failed MBBs, he was asked to leave the facility and start 200level in another facility, the student couldn't handle the depression that follows, he had to take his own life.

Parents should allow their children become whatever they want to.

Stopping that boy from his passion could lead to huge depression and then suicide.
Re: Boys Says He No Longer Wants To Go To School Rather Wants To Be A Conductor by dayabiuuku: 10:15am On Apr 02, 2022
In 2017, I was a teacher in one private secondary school

So we were just joking that day and I just asked one girl jokingly what did she want to become if she grew up and she replied "I Want To Become An Olosho!"

#ItIsWell!
Re: Boys Says He No Longer Wants To Go To School Rather Wants To Be A Conductor by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 02, 2022
The mother should explain and paint a picture of the living condition of a conductor to him and see if he would want to go ahead with it.

I do this a lot to my students especially the not so good ones.

I try to paint a picture of what life without a sound education would be like if they don't take their studies seriously. The hardship and struggles that come with having to settle for menial jobs due to lack of good educational background.

Afterwards, I'll ask. Do you want to end up like that, they'll all chorus, noooo.. and you can actually see the scare in their faces. Funnily enough, it works because I always notice a huge improvement in their performance.

Let his mother paint that scary picture, his mentality will change.
Re: Boys Says He No Longer Wants To Go To School Rather Wants To Be A Conductor by Jman06(m): 10:37am On Apr 02, 2022
I'm certain that that boy doesn't know what he is saying.

Meanwhile, I think he's too young to make career decision for himself. He should at least get done with basic education before deciding what he wants to do.

If children his age are rightly deemed immature to give sexual consent, they shouldn't as well make career decisions for themselves.

(1) (Reply)

How To Watch Live Tv, Sports, Movies On Dstv And Never Pay / Top 10 Jobs A Nairalander Can Do Without A Degree In 2022 / Court Grants Conditional Leave To ASUU To Appeal Nigeria Industrial Court Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.