Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Begging attitude of nigerians - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Begging attitude of nigerians (1102 Views)

Photo Of A Pregnant Woman Begging With Her Child / My Wife Attitude Towards My Food / Wife Catches Widow, 62, Begging Husband For Sex In Their House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Begging attitude of nigerians by Crafteck1: 1:45pm On Apr 02, 2022
Learn to say no, reduction in monthly income due to economy and government policy made me realise some things, from income of about 1.5~2m monthly to 400~600, aside from your responsibilities to your immediate family learn to put people into groups or people that would help if reverse was to get some people that walk away 90% of so-called friends or people you know along the way would walk away, concentrate on people that would be there or likely to be there.There are people ive paid rents and school fees for nothing and yet for me to ask them to help stay in the store for few hours or basic tasks, they wont, i have a friend with my millions in his business that sank due to covid but i dont regret it, he would do thesame for me if the case was reverse.

1 Like

Re: Begging attitude of nigerians by Crafteck1: 2:00pm On Apr 02, 2022
I sent this person some money a week before this

Re: Begging attitude of nigerians by Carcholce: 3:42am On Apr 03, 2022
Haha. It hit me really hard when I realized someone you assisted with 100 to 200k will still come back to ask for more.

In Nigeria, If you are a generous person, people around you will not be interested in anything else you have to offer other than the money you throw around.

The moment you send them the money, they’ll disappear and act like you don’t exist till it hits them to come back and ask for more.

“Givers never lack”, it’s only Nigerians that uses this line to wash your brain and take from you endlessly.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Begging attitude of nigerians by CountVersailles(f): 4:08am On Apr 03, 2022
Crafteck1:
Learn to say no, reduction in monthly income due to economy and government policy made me realise some things, from income of about 1.5~2m monthly to 400~600, aside from your responsibilities to your immediate family learn to put people into groups or people that would help if reverse was to get some people that walk away 90% of so-called friends or people you know along the way would walk away, concentrate on people that would be there or likely to be there.There are people ive paid rents and school fees for nothing and yet for me to ask them to help stay in the store for few hours or basic tasks, they wont, i have a friend with my millions in his business that sank due to covid but i dont regret it, he would do thesame for me if the case was reverse.
Learn to use some punctuation, please.

3 Likes

Re: Begging attitude of nigerians by Crafteck1: 12:04pm On Apr 03, 2022
CountVersailles:

Learn to use some punctuation, please.

I was angry and i usually use voice to text.
Re: Begging attitude of nigerians by Crafteck1: 12:16pm On Apr 03, 2022
Carcholce:
Haha. It hit me really hard when I realized someone you assisted with 100 to 200k will still come back to ask for more.

In Nigeria, If you are a generous person, people around you will not be interested in anything else you have to offer other than the money you throw around.

The moment you send them the money, they’ll disappear and act like you don’t exist till it hits them to come back and ask for more.

“Givers never lack”, it’s only Nigerians that uses this line to wash your brain and take from you endlessly.

Humans get as dem be, ur real people whether parents or friends would not ask unless they really need, those useless friends and contacts ehn, some find no reason to work when they can be asking you from time to time, how can you come to me for help regarding accommodation, you need 300k,i ask how much do you have, he says some other people promised him 50k, if life can be that easy i think me hustling is a mistake, make i just de beg.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Begging attitude of nigerians by Crafteck1: 10:26pm On Apr 12, 2022
Finally blocked the person after another round of forceful begging today

Re: Begging attitude of nigerians by dobnina(f): 4:41am On Apr 13, 2022
I blame you.
You caused it from the beginning.
You were doing father Christmas and dashing money up and down.
There are times that you have to learn to say No even if you have the money so people don't start getting entitled to your money.
Once you turn yourself to a Maga and start giving everytime, they will take advantage of you and the day you refuse to give, they will insult you and spoil your name.

3 Likes

Re: Begging attitude of nigerians by dobnina(f): 4:47am On Apr 13, 2022
If someone begs you for money for the first time, give.
Second time: Say no. Tell them you just finish paying school fees for your kids or your just sent your last card to your mum/dad or tell them about Nigeria situation that every where is hard and you are just managing.
You can even say your employers have refused to pay you salary.
Third time: Give
Fourth time: Say No again.
That way, when the person comes to you for help the fifth time, he would have conditioned his mind that it's a 50-50 chance.
You might give and you might not.
But if you give first time, second time, third time, fourth time, the person would have conditioned his mind that you have money and you will surely give.
If you don't give at that point, he will be angry and he will spoil your name and tag you a bad person.

2 Likes

Re: Begging attitude of nigerians by DeMagneto: 5:34am On Apr 13, 2022
dobnina:
Second time: Say no. Tell them you just finish paying school fees for your kids or your just sent your last card to your mum/dad or tell them about Nigeria situation that every where is hard and you are just managing.
That way, when the person comes to you for help the fifth time, he would have conditioned his mind that it's a 50-50 chance.
But if you give first time, second time, third time, fourth time, the person would have conditioned his mind that you have money and you will surely give.
If you don't give at that point, he will be angry and he will spoil your name and tag you a bad person.

I learnt this myself and in a hard way but i nor care wetin dem wan talk.

who wan curse, mak he talk anytin wey he like.

NIGERIANS TOO SABI BEG

3 Likes

Re: Begging attitude of nigerians by dobnina(f): 5:44am On Apr 13, 2022
DeMagneto:

I learnt this myself and in a hard way but i nor care wetin dem wan talk.

who wan curse, mak he talk anytin wey he like.

NIGERIANS TOO SABI BEG
Most times, those people begging for money are not completely broke. They just feel you have excess money to dash out so they will start disturbing you.

3 Likes

Re: Begging attitude of nigerians by DeMagneto: 5:59am On Apr 13, 2022
dobnina:

Most times, those people begging for money are not completely broke. They just feel you have excess money to dash out so they will start disturbing you.

Especially here in dis state and area wey i dey stay nw

Omor their begging na First Class.

Where do u reside?

1 Like

Re: Begging attitude of nigerians by Crafteck1: 7:30am On Apr 13, 2022
Depending on how you are to people, you wont need to beg once you are in need, over the years ive seen people who would go the extra mile for me, ive seen people who dont have but will borrow because i need, those dont have sense of entitlement when they need from me because what they did, they did out of love, i wont mind placing them on monthly pay if the conditions warrant that and i wont feel bad about it, the friend that i lent 1.5m for a week or 2 and hasnt paid now(2.5) yrs, i still sent him 20,20 and 10k because covid affected his business and i still wont mind being there for him tomorrow, not because i have, but because he has stayed by me whether i haf or not, not financially sef but if you have a friend that even when you are broke still accords you same respect and you can still send him to do stuff for you and he does them without complain knowing he will see nothing.... Treasure them.
Most of other people just sit somewhere and expect that this guy must be rich, make i ask am, if hin no give he wicked be that.
Re: Begging attitude of nigerians by XAUBulls: 8:37pm On Dec 17, 2023
dobnina:
Insightful.

(1) (Reply)

Gbenga Obasanjo Floors Ex-wife Over Children / Parents And Marriage / Mid Life Crisis: Starting Allover Again. Please Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.