Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,862 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Mid Life Crisis: Starting Allover Again. Please Comment - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mid Life Crisis: Starting Allover Again. Please Comment (1106 Views)

About Mid-life Transition / Men Do Have Mid Life Crisis Too? / Wife's Mid-life Crises? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mid Life Crisis: Starting Allover Again. Please Comment by vomiee: 12:09pm On Dec 06, 2011
I have a friend 35yrs old, smart and energetic who is in a troubled marriage. She left school without graduation because of an extra year about 10yrs ago, previously had a fake result she's been using to work before getting married. She has 4children, youngest is 6months and with her, she studied solaris and oracle database administration at NIIT, no certification yet, computer literate. A self starter, got an offer to begin NCE year 3 if she can get her transcript from a sandwich cordinator, moves has been made to get that. learnt soap making, liquid and laundary, petroleum, scouring powder and such but there is need for a production space to use. Money to pay fees could be a problem if she doesn't take charge of her finances fast. please advise on her best bet on starting allover that would be worth it cashwise. she doesn't have acess to so much capital, so she needs what she can dowith very little capital like say fifty thousand or about that, Please your contributions are welcomed, hHer situation worries me
Re: Mid Life Crisis: Starting Allover Again. Please Comment by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 06, 2011
//
Re: Mid Life Crisis: Starting Allover Again. Please Comment by mutter(f): 2:07pm On Dec 06, 2011
and mine as well Chaircover!!!
It seems she has a problem with pulling things through to an end.
As you advised it may be more realistic to get involved in something practical.
I hoope this is not going to end up being an appeal for funds, being as it is a first time poster wink
Re: Mid Life Crisis: Starting Allover Again. Please Comment by vomiee: 3:06pm On Dec 06, 2011
My dear cushioncover,thanks for commenting. We all have our reasons for failing or suceeding in life pursuits. In her case she went to school with no particular sponsor, so an extra year to her then was too much load to carry, she was also young and stupid so an oluwale result to camp first and then work and write the 2nd semester courses to her then was ideal, but as we all know had i known always comes at last. she also got married and started raising a family using her marriage as a security while she studied oracle dba, certification comes with paying for a no of exams which she hasn't finished before the marriage crisis came. Plight of african housewives if you ask me. I think every woman should climb the career ladder before thinking of marriage which often come with more responsibilities than security don't you think? Learning soapmaking is just her own way of being practical but how much can she make in it .I threw it open so that i can be more informed in advising her. Please more advice and logical comments are welcomed
Re: Mid Life Crisis: Starting Allover Again. Please Comment by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 06, 2011
^^ this is not the plight of African housewives. Just one of many unfortunate situations that could have happened in any part of the world that being said your friend should consider CC's advise. can she start a small provision shop in her house? this will require thorough dilligence and not digging into her capital. trust me this business if properly handled grows plus it is very easy to start.Discipline is required and some dilligent saving culture.
Re: Mid Life Crisis: Starting Allover Again. Please Comment by ifyalways(f): 4:01pm On Dec 06, 2011
Going back to school now won't work.Depending on her location and her personality,she can double her capital in weeks hawking female stuffs(wonder bra,wigs and weave on,pants,tops,slippers etc) Hostels,banks,salons are all thriving mobile markets.
Re: Mid Life Crisis: Starting Allover Again. Please Comment by Kx: 4:04pm On Dec 06, 2011
Where is her husband now that she needs him?
Re: Mid Life Crisis: Starting Allover Again. Please Comment by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 06, 2011
ifyalways:

Going back to school now won't work.Depending on her location and her personality,she can double her capital in weeks hawking female stuffs(wonder bra,wigs and weave on,pants,tops,slippers etc) Hostels,banks,salons are all thriving mobile markets.

This is what we think in Nigeria and it really happens in naija a lot. Genevieve was mocked and laughed at in Uni Lag because they felt she was too old to study. I studied with people old enough to be my mother in my uni days, and amongst them were Zimbabweans. I have seen Nurses who are in their 50's with just 3 years post school experience.

The question is
: What does this OP want? does she wanna go into business or go back to school to study a professional course she can always rely on if business fails?
Re: Mid Life Crisis: Starting Allover Again. Please Comment by ifyalways(f): 7:07pm On Dec 06, 2011
Jenny,its not about her age but her circumstance.Did Gene go back to school with 3 kids,an (for lack of better words)un supporting husband and financial restrictions/limitations?Heck,did Gene attend classes like others?wrong comparision.
She needs financial freedom to be able to venture and withstand Naija Education murky waters.

How wud it help her condition if after paying the school fees,ASUU goes on strike morrow?Mind you ASUU is currently on strike?or where is she gonna get money for hand outs,projects and sorting?

No one is supporting her for now so its folly to throw away the little money she has on school fees.She can go back to school anytime in the future when she is financially sound.

(1) (Reply)

Is Childless Marriage Not A Problem ? / The Best Long Term Method Of Contraception. / I Dont Know What To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.