Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,115 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

My Husband Is Divorcing Me How Can I Claim My Property I Bought In His Name? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Husband Is Divorcing Me How Can I Claim My Property I Bought In His Name? (525 Views)

Am a Farmer,Need Money to Farm,Pls.buy my Property. / Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) / I smell a Rat, pls help!! Should I Allow Mtn Mast In My Property?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Is Divorcing Me How Can I Claim My Property I Bought In His Name? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 02, 2022
Dear Litigator,

I am 38 years old, while my husband is 42. During the hay days of our marriage, everything we had was jointly held. I mean everything. We were a strong formidable team and partners.

My husband, at that time, was the best man a woman could wish for. He supported me in my carrier, and I had no issues submitting to him and trusting his judgment as my husband.

Since we were having delays in childbearing, I started investing my money. And I bought some landed properties in Lagos, Kaduna and Abuja in the name of my husband. I bought about 6 properties in his name and with his consent.

About 4 years ago, we started having issues. He suddenly became someone I do not have words to describe. He started keeping bad friends, drinking and keeping strange women.

I could not challenge him at that time because I felt my inability to give him a child and his constant battles with his family for trying to protect me from them were getting to him.

I prayed and fasted for a child, but none was forthcoming. I can only cry to God. He suddenly stopped going to church and choose to bury his head in his job and his spare time indulging in his newfound habit.

Late year, one of his numerous girls gave him a set of twins. Two boys.

Since the birth of his twins, I no longer matter. I am not be seen or heard. He no longer shows affection and treats me like I don't exist.

To prevent me from going crazy, I decided to move out of the house so that he can enjoy his new family, which I was no longer part of.

The issue is this. I was served divorce processes by a court official last month.

I do not wish to challenge his decision to divorce me and move on with his life even though I am still crazy in love with him. But I want to know if I can take back the properties I bought in his name.

Thank you.

What is the position of the law in situations wherein a wife buys properties in the name of the husband?

I will be back to offer a legal opinion.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Divorcing Me How Can I Claim My Property I Bought In His Name? by Boogyman557: 2:06pm On Apr 02, 2022
Holly Gram cool Abeg Make Una come SHINE Disco LITE 4 DIS MATTERZ..

I JUST de COME back from Holly GROUND today..

I No get ANERGY DRINK to CAPRISUN 4 dis MATTERZ!

WTF MAN!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Divorcing Me How Can I Claim My Property I Bought In His Name? by Aboks(m): 2:08pm On Apr 02, 2022
Dis wan na fight ukraine vs russia
Re: My Husband Is Divorcing Me How Can I Claim My Property I Bought In His Name? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:10pm On Apr 02, 2022
Na wa wa wa o!

This matter strong o.

Even the elders no fit talk and their mouth no fit close as well

Re: My Husband Is Divorcing Me How Can I Claim My Property I Bought In His Name? by Cutehector(m): 2:11pm On Apr 02, 2022
Either ways, i do not support simping. Dont buy properties in her name, and dont buy properties in his name. Dont even join funds to co-own anything. Everyone should own theirs.
Re: My Husband Is Divorcing Me How Can I Claim My Property I Bought In His Name? by spydera: 2:16pm On Apr 02, 2022
Damn...

1st, The twin mother (his baby mama) shouldn't hear of this or else, It is finished cos that will be her boys inheritance in an auto.

This issue has to be settled amicably between you and him.
Tell him you'll accept the divorce in good faith, tell him you still like him and all then...

Chip in that you have some sort of health issues that prevented you from bearing a child or something...
That you have no money and you'll need to need the properties to pay for your treatment abroad or something of that sort.
Re: My Husband Is Divorcing Me How Can I Claim My Property I Bought In His Name? by godliman: 2:28pm On Apr 02, 2022
If he has a modicum of conscience left he should leave your properties for you. Meanwhile quickly get the originals of those documents from the house and get a good lawyer. One the case of your childlessness, if it self inflicted you will need serious prayers of repentance, restitution and patience. If it is however not of your making, continue to wait on God he will open a new chapter in your life.
Re: My Husband Is Divorcing Me How Can I Claim My Property I Bought In His Name? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 02, 2022
This a big lesson to those still forming the womayis good and acquiring properties in their spouses names. Na once e go clear for Una eyes.

Madam, It will take the grace of God to get back those properties because it's in his name therefore, how do you go about claiming what is "someone's"? E go hard o. Except he now decides to let you have them otherwise forget about it.

However, I'll suggest you talk to him calmly to please release them to you so you can at least console your broken heart with it.

In your next life, love with your brain and not your heart..

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Divorcing Me How Can I Claim My Property I Bought In His Name? by Ahmed0336(m): 2:50pm On Apr 02, 2022
shocked
Re: My Husband Is Divorcing Me How Can I Claim My Property I Bought In His Name? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 02, 2022
Cutehector:
Either ways, i do not support simping. Dont buy properties in her name, and dont buy properties in his name. Dont even join funds to co-own anything. Everyone should own theirs.

Love will make you do stupid things, bro. Things you sworn you will never do
Re: My Husband Is Divorcing Me How Can I Claim My Property I Bought In His Name? by Cutehector(m): 2:55pm On Apr 02, 2022
litigator:

Love will make you do stupid things, bro. Things you sworn you will never do
i know right.
Re: My Husband Is Divorcing Me How Can I Claim My Property I Bought In His Name? by RiyadhGoddess(f): 2:57pm On Apr 02, 2022
Orisirisi!
Why should you buy properties in your husband's name? Like seriously
What happened to your own name? What happened to using the both of you name? What happened to your child or children name and even if you have none, what happened to your own family - siblings, mother's name?
Which kain love you swallow wey go make you dey write man name for property?
No be JUJU be dis?
How can you be in love to the extent that you loose all senses.
Please there's nothing like a good or virtuous woman here, it's just foolishness 401.
And for you women who is still in the business of writing men's name, I pray you receive sense ooo.
If you must write a name, write both names (you and him)! If the vision or future isn't clear, write your name or your children name simple!
Won oni ta Ile mo wa Lori ooo Amin!
Re: My Husband Is Divorcing Me How Can I Claim My Property I Bought In His Name? by viazi: 3:44pm On Apr 02, 2022
The issue surrounds the doctrine of "RESULTING TRUST" study the Supreme Court case of MADU V. MADU . 07055529276
Re: My Husband Is Divorcing Me How Can I Claim My Property I Bought In His Name? by KingOfAllIgbos: 3:29am On Apr 16, 2022
Re: My Husband Is Divorcing Me How Can I Claim My Property I Bought In His Name? by Nobody: 3:41am On Apr 16, 2022
KingOfAllIgbos:
Dear Litigator... Good work you're doing here.

Please what's legal perspective on custody of a male child? Is it for the father or mother if both are financially capable?

Thanks!

The answer to your question is not straight forward.

It depends on the facts and circumstances surrounding the case. We might also consider the age of the child.

I won’t advise you spill more facts here. You can use the WhatsApp number on my profile.

Shalom
Re: My Husband Is Divorcing Me How Can I Claim My Property I Bought In His Name? by Saao(m): 6:59am On Apr 16, 2022
litigator:
Dear Litigator,

I am 38 years old, while my husband is 42. During the hay days of our marriage, everything we had was jointly held. I mean everything. We were a strong formidable team and partners.

My husband, at that time, was the best man a woman could wish for. He supported me in my carrier, and I had no issues submitting to him and trusting his judgment as my husband.

Since we were having delays in childbearing, I started investing my money. And I bought some landed properties in Lagos, Kaduna and Abuja in the name of my husband. I bought about 6 properties in his name and with his consent.

About 4 years ago, we started having issues. He suddenly became someone I do not have words to describe. He started keeping bad friends, drinking and keeping strange women.

I could not challenge him at that time because I felt my inability to give him a child and his constant battles with his family for trying to protect me from them were getting to him.

I prayed and fasted for a child, but none was forthcoming. I can only cry to God. He suddenly stopped going to church and choose to bury his head in his job and his spare time indulging in his newfound habit.

Since the birth of his twins, I no longer matter. I am not be seen or heard. He no longer shows affection and treats me like I don't exist.

To prevent me from going crazy, I decided to move out of the house so that he can enjoy his new family, which I was no longer part of.

The issue is this. I was served divorce processes by a court official last month.

I do not wish to challenge his decision to divorce me and move on with his life even though I am still crazy in love with him. But I want to know if I can take back the properties I bought in his name.

Thank you.

What is the position of the law in situations wherein a wife buys properties in the name of the husband?

luckily for you, he went to court, get a good lawyer, both of you will share the properties since its jointly owned. Sorry for all that happened, God will give you peace
Re: My Husband Is Divorcing Me How Can I Claim My Property I Bought In His Name? by Timmi: 1:39pm On Aug 06, 2022
litigator:
Dear Litigator,

Thank you.

Oga, you never come back to offer your legal opinion since April.

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Much Do U Buy This Drug In Your Area (pic) / 10 minutes drive to governor's office,oke mosan, Abeokuta / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.