Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 (1667 Views)

A Nairalander, Emeka Stanley, Officially Declares For Presidency Come 2023 / Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi / 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by BSdetective: 2:27pm On Apr 02, 2022
Straight to the point.....
The major hindrance to a Yoruba presidency isn't coming from the south, the noise makers in the south are only useful idiots, The major hindrance is obviously the north and these are my reasons for saying this;

1. Tinubu and Osinbajo seem too powerful already in the south and command alot of international respect:

https://www.ft.com/content/4552a648-acf7-11e7-beba-5521c713abf4
https://www.ft.com/content/c4025da8-7951-4ed1-bccd-5d546f86786c

https://www.google.com/amp/news.band/2023-financial-times-passes-vote-of-confidence-on-osinbajo-presidency/amp/

https://www.tvcnews.tv/french-ambassador-to-nigeria-visits-bola-tinubu/?amp_markup=1

Giving any of these two the presidency will mean more political capital for Yorubas and the SW in general.

2. Tinubu and osinbanjo cannot be trusted to do the bidding of the northern cabal:
2.1 osinbanjo cannot be trusted because of his actions while buhari was away for which he sacked the DSS boss and went head on against malami concerning the Amotekun issue.
2.2 Tinubu cannot be trusted, because of his ability as a politician and actions/inactions during the Lagos VAT FiRS issue with the federal government.

3. The stance of majority of south western leaders on restructuring, Amotekun and RUGA: the northern cabal see restructuring as a south west agenda and feel that a restructured Nigeria would remove any advantage they think they have; this is why it would be hard for them to make anyone from the south west president unless they can totally control such individual. The actions of south west governors across party lines concerning Amotekun and RUGA also sent a strong message to the north.

The north will always pick a useful idiot in the south e.g Obasanjo that will do their bidding and will be willing to annull elections if they loose trust in the candidate (as seen in the case of abiola).

These is why I believe that a Yoruba presidency may not happen in 2023 and most likely a candidate from the South south would be picked. But in the event that Yoruba get's it, the VP candidates from the north would be strong characters that would stand next in line.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by BSdetective: 2:28pm On Apr 02, 2022

Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by LLiKYekoba: 2:32pm On Apr 02, 2022
It is good you are getting to embrace reality. It is usually very 'unyoruba' to accept the truth like you do. Rather, yorubas enjoy lying to themselves and telling themselves that faeces tastes like chocolate.

Congratulations to you for using your brain for once unlike seunmsg and other oshogbo weed sniffers around here.

cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by ThEGodFaThEr128: 2:34pm On Apr 02, 2022
How can they give presidency to a Tinubu, a man without a manifesto other than recruiting 50 million youths into the army and feed them cassava and agbado. Tinubu has nothing to offer to Nigerians. He's Buhari Pro-Max.

9 Likes

Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by BSdetective: 2:34pm On Apr 02, 2022
LLiKYekoba:
It is good you are getting to embrace reality. It is usually very 'unyoruba' to accept the truth like you do. Rather, yorubas enjoy lying to themselves and telling themselves that faeces tastes like chocolate.

cheesy cheesy

Lol....self delusion is the daily bread of nyamiris.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by LLiKYekoba: 2:42pm On Apr 02, 2022
BSdetective:

Lol....self delusion is the daily bread of nyamiris.

There is no self-delusions here, I am pragmatic realist like most Igbos out there. I don't even believe in luck like most of SW utopians.

That's why I looked at the present political struture and told everyone that the SE cannot be president except both parties field SE candidates like was done for the SW in 1999 after their several years of their failure at the polls.

SWers like you opposed SE vs SE candidates as was previously done for the SW. I said well, if the SW cannot support the same process that ushered in a SW president, for the SE who have been bittered since 1970s, then lets follow 'true democracy' and make sure we keep it in the North.

My pragmatic campaign caught wild fire and here we are. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by BSdetective: 2:50pm On Apr 02, 2022
LLiKYekoba:

There is no self-delusions here, I am pragmatic realist like most Igbos out there. I don't even believe in luck.

That's why I looked at the present political struture and told everyone that the SE cannot be president except both parties field SE candidates like was done for the SW in 1999 after their several years of failure at the polls.

SWers like you opposed SE vs SE candidates that done was for them. I said well, if the SW cannot support the same process that ushered in a SW president for the SE who have been bittered since 1970s then, let follow 'true democracy' and make sure we keep it in the North.

Pragmatic indeed..... with borders closed, import duty at an all time high, and the rise of insurgency for the first time in the south east coupled with the kind of governors you have..... we'd see how a continued "keep in the north" would help you guys. but anyways ameachi will most likely become president so you guys would have gotten your Igbo presidency....thus we can all rest from your nagging as a tribe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by ncheochiagha: 2:53pm On Apr 02, 2022
This is so funny. Someone remind me what the point of Nigeria being one is when it is literally three different nations in one distrusting each other. Oh wait I know... because Daddy Britain said so.

Anti-secessionists are a joke.

4 Likes

Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by Validated: 3:06pm On Apr 02, 2022
Amaechi is "prepared to serve".

1999 - 2007 was Yorubas turn.
2023 - 2031 Igbos turn
If Nigeria still dey, NE will take over after.
NE 2031 - 2039
Then NC/NW 2039 - 2047
Then yoruba can come back in 2048 grin

2023 Presidential hopefuls:
Peter Obi: PDP ticket
Rotimi Amaechi: APC ticket
Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by HeeBraHim2(m): 3:11pm On Apr 02, 2022
LLiKYekoba:

There is no self-delusions here, I am pragmatic realist like most Igbos out there. I don't even believe in luck.

That's why I looked at the present political struture and told everyone that the SE cannot be president except both parties field SE candidates like was done for the SW in 1999 after their several years of failure at the polls.

SWers like you opposed SE vs SE candidates that done was for them. I said well, if the SW cannot support the same process that ushered in a SW president for the SE who have been bittered since 1970s then, let follow 'true democracy' and make sure we keep it in the North.

We have nothing to lose, we have already tasted presidency and vice for a long year... Keeping power in the north will just give Fulani more effrontery to dig in into your land just like how they are gradually taking over ebonyi state.

Yoruba will always be mile away from the Barron drug dealer that the whole world don't want to have as friend... It is just painful that The red head Ohanaeze will shout Marginalization for another 16 years grin

Tinubu has never rule Nigeria, France and US are already using his effrontery to invest in Nigeria... Just imagine how there will be job vacancy in Nigeria if this man make it to the top.

Mpruru miri one way thinker won't think about this... All they know is to hate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by paramakina202: 3:21pm On Apr 02, 2022
BSdetective:

Pragmatic indeed..... with borders closed, import duty at an all time high, and the rise of insurgency for the first time in the south east coupled with the kind of governors you have..... we'd see how a continued "keep in the north" would help you guys. but anyways ameachi will most likely become president so you guys would have gotten your Igbo presidency....thus we can all rest from your nagging as a tribe.

Amaechi will not solve the quest for southeast presidency project.
If Amaechi emerge winner in 2023 southeast will continue their agitation to rule Nigeria.
Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by Ttalk: 3:34pm On Apr 02, 2022
BSdetective:
Straight to the point.....
The major hindrance to a Yoruba presidency isn't coming from the south, the noise makers in the south are only useful idiots, The major hindrance is obviously the north and these are my reasons for saying this;

1. Tinubu and Osinbajo seem too powerful already in the south and command alot of international respect:

https://www.ft.com/content/4552a648-acf7-11e7-beba-5521c713abf4
https://www.ft.com/content/c4025da8-7951-4ed1-bccd-5d546f86786c

https://www.google.com/amp/news.band/2023-financial-times-passes-vote-of-confidence-on-osinbajo-presidency/amp/

https://www.tvcnews.tv/french-ambassador-to-nigeria-visits-bola-tinubu/?amp_markup=1

Giving any of these two the presidency will mean more political capital for Yorubas and the SW in general.

2. Tinubu and osinbanjo cannot be trusted to do the bidding of the northern cabal:
2.1 osinbanjo cannot be trusted because of his actions while buhari was away for which he sacked the DSS boss and went head on against malami concerning the Amotekun issue.
2.2 Tinubu cannot be trusted, because of his ability as a politician and actions/inactions during the Lagos VAT FiRS issue with the federal government.

3. The stance of majority of south western leaders on restructuring, Amotekun and RUGA: the northern cabal see restructuring as a south west agenda and feel that a restructured Nigeria would remove any advantage they think they have; this is why it would be hard for them to make anyone from the south west president unless they can totally control such individual. The actions of south west governors across party lines concerning Amotekun and RUGA also sent a strong message to the north.

The north will always pick a useful idiot in the south e.g Obasanjo that will do their bidding and will be willing to annull elections if they loose trust in the candidate (as seen in the case of abiola).

These is why I believe that a Yoruba presidency may not happen in 2023 and most likely a candidate from the South south would be picked. But in the event that Yoruba get's it, the VP candidates from the north would be strong characters that would stand next in line.

You have a valid points out there but the circumstances Nigeria find itself is to fragile to continued to play tribal politics.

We are all seeing the result of tribal politics played by the president in appointment of the service chief yet we have proliferation of terrorist across the entire north.

The consciousness of the security wings of the three major ethnic group have never been this alarmed, do you think the north would want to trigger further sentiment that could result to total anarchy?

Looking the way of SS is an option but do you think the north are prepared to witness another standstill that brought our economy to almost zero within few days. If SS could achieve that with little power strengthening such power in 2023 when the players are still active would be disastrous to the north.

Again, this could be the last relationship between Yoruba and Nigeria if they don't get the presidency with the sentiment of 1993 annulment still fresh in their memory.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by LLiKYekoba: 3:41pm On Apr 02, 2022
HeeBraHim2:

We have nothing to lose, we have already tasted presidency and vice for a long year... Keeping power in the north will just give Fulani more effrontery to dig in into your land just like how they are gradually taking over ebonyi state.

Yoruba will always be mile away from the Barron drug dealer that the whole world don't want to have as friend... It is just painful that The red head Ohanaeze will shout Marginalization for another 16 years grin

Tinubu has never rule Nigeria, France and US are already using his effrontery to invest in Nigeria... Just imagine how there will be job vacancy in Nigeria if this man make it to the top.

Mpruru miri one way thinker won't think about this... All they know is to hate.

Ibro, why are using fake smileys to hide your pains and console yourself? grin

So you know you have ruled before but want to still collect another turn, so you can mock Ndigbo.

Ibraheemu, laa eti e,ko gbo oro mi, ojukokoro ni yin. E ni ri ijoba naijerriya gba laye mo. Ibo agba aiye ti won, ke to ri gba.
Amugbo ni o.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by BSdetective: 3:47pm On Apr 02, 2022
Validated:
Amaechi is "prepared to serve".

1999 - 2007 was Yorubas turn.
2023 - 2031 Igbos turn
If Nigeria still dey, NE will take over after.
NE 2031 - 2039
Then NC/NW 2039 - 2047
Then yoruba can come back in 2048 grin

2023 Presidential hopefuls:
Peter Obi : PDP ticket
Rotimi Amaechi: APC ticket

Peter Obi can't even make it to VP.....can only be president of the Twitter nigeria metaverse.
Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by BSdetective: 3:48pm On Apr 02, 2022
paramakina202:

Amaechi will not solve the quest for southeast presidency project.
If Amaechi emerge winner in 2023 southeast will continue their agitation to rule Nigeria.
Joker.
Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by HeeBraHim2(m): 3:49pm On Apr 02, 2022
LLiKYekoba:

Ibro, why are using fake smileys to hide your pains and console yourself? grin

So you know you have ruled before but want to still collect another turn, so you can mock Ndigbo.

Ibraheemu, laa eti e,ko gbo oro mi, ojukokoro ni yin. E ni ri ijoba naijerriya gba laye mo. Ibo agba aiye ti won, ke to ri gba.
Amugbo ni o.

Amugbo ni Iwor na.... I wonder why Igbo see Yoruba as the reason for their misfortunes... The child and slave can't be doing turn by turn.

Slave will never rule us and slave will never escape or run away.

Omo Igbo wey don hear Yoruba finish, Oya no lie, between Yoruba and Igbo wey of playing politics, which one sweet pass.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by aribisala0(m): 3:53pm On Apr 02, 2022
Presidency should not be Yoruba agenda not our priority
Papa Awolowo showed us that we do better in opposition.
Opposition does not mean enmity with the Federal Government
Say no to Tinubu
We have always done better in opposition and will continue to do so

All we want is to govern ourselves and control out security/policing
We have no interest in governing anybody
Those who want sharia should be allowed to do so
Those who want Popomiri should also be allowed
Do not allow one joker deceive you that his presidency agenda is a Yoruba agenda.
The same man that was asking where are the cows?
Who made his daughter Iyaloja
Lai Mohammed, Aregbesola, Obanikoro and the rest of the are there for their families not Yoruba

Let us restructure and go back to 50/50 resource control

Bottomline whether we have Presidency or not we will always run Nigerian economy.
We do not have to be responsible for developing the rest of the country

Let everyone control his space and destiny

1 Like

Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by BSdetective: 3:58pm On Apr 02, 2022
aribisala0:
Presidency should not be Yoruba agenda not our priority
Papa Awolowo showed us that we do better in opposition.
Opposition does not mean enmity with the Federal Government
Say no to Tinubu
We have always done better in opposition and will continue to do so

All we want is to govern ourselves and control out security/policing
We have no interest in governing anybody
Those who want sharia should be allowed to do so
Those who want Popomiri should also be allowed
Do not allow one joker deceive you that his presidency agenda is a Yoruba agenda.
The same man that was asking where are the cows?
Who made his daughter Iyaloja
Lai Mohammed, Aregbesola, Obanikoro and the rest of the are there for their families not Yoruba

Let us restructure and go back to 50/50 resource control

Bottomline whether we have Presidency or not we will always run Nigerian economy.
We do not have to be responsible for developing the rest of the country

Let everyone control his space and destiny

You sound ignorant.
Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by gentiles(m): 4:06pm On Apr 02, 2022
BSdetective:

You sound ignorant.
You are actually the ignorant one. Your posts on this forum disgrace the Yoruba race. You sound too unintelligent.
Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by paramakina202: 4:07pm On Apr 02, 2022
BSdetective:

Joker.

Call it what you like.
The clamour is for Southeast not southsouth as they have taken their turn already.
Why not field a Yoruba man from Kwara or Kogi state to represent interest of southwest.
Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by BSdetective: 4:10pm On Apr 02, 2022
gentiles:

You are actually the ignorant one. Your posts on this forum disgrace the Yoruba race. You sound too unintelligent.

The opinions of 0su pigs like you aren't needed, at best you can shove it up your ass. Silly subhuman chimp

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by aribisala0(m): 4:16pm On Apr 02, 2022
BSdetective:

You sound ignorant.
How is that your father's problem?
Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by gentiles(m): 4:17pm On Apr 02, 2022
BSdetective:

The opinions of 0su pigs like you aren't needed, at best you can shove it up your ass. Silly subhuman chimp
Ok. Say whatever you like but Yorubas will not become president in 2023. Peter Obi will defeat Amaechi in next year's election. That will mark the beginning of the end of your lagos state. After Obi's 8years tenure, lagos state will just be like ibadan. There is a plan on ground to clip the wings of you Afonjas and your dirty lagos.
Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by BSdetective: 4:19pm On Apr 02, 2022
paramakina202:

Call it what you like.
The clamour is for Southeast not southsouth as they have taken their turn already.
Why not field a Yoruba man from Kwara or Kogi state to represent interest of southwest.

That's were you nyamiris have issue.....a Yoruba man even from Benin republic can represent the interest of me an ibadan man....we have lots of Yoruba from kwara and kogi serving in the south west. It's the thing with you nyamiris; so much strife even within yourselves that an ebonyi man cannot hold political position in anambra and even within a state people are talking of zoning governorship.... anyways ameachi remains an Igbo man and if voted would fill the slot of Igbo presidency.

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by BSdetective: 4:20pm On Apr 02, 2022
gentiles:

Ok. Say whatever you like but Yorubas will not become president in 2023. Peter Obi will defeat Amaechi in next year's election. That will mark the beginning of the end of your lagos state. After Obi's 8years tenure, lagos state will just be like ibadan. There is a plan on ground to clip the wings of you Afonjas and your dirty lagos.

Keep dreaming......the sufferings of igbos in the project called Nigeria has only begun.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by BSdetective: 4:21pm On Apr 02, 2022
aribisala0:
How is that your father's problem?

Not his problem.....but summary of what you wrote on a thread I created.
Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by aribisala0(m): 4:27pm On Apr 02, 2022
BSdetective:

Not his problem.....but summary of what you wrote on a thread I created.
What is my business with you, your father or what happens inside your heads? Did your father create Nairaland?
Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by History555: 4:31pm On Apr 02, 2022
Tinubu is a powerful and well connected individual who has been installing govs in lagos. He has neva installed a powerful person as gov because he needs to be able to control such person. In the same vien, he should not expect the cabal to handover to him because they need a powerless person they can control.
Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by paramakina202: 4:35pm On Apr 02, 2022
BSdetective:

That's were you nyamiris have issue.....a Yoruba man even from Benin republic can represent the interest of me an ibadan man....we have lots of Yoruba from kwara and kogi serving in the south west. It's the thing with you nyamiris; so much strive even within yourselves that an ebonyi man cannot hold political position in anambra and even within a state people are talking of zoning governorship.... anyways ameachi remains an Igbo man and if voted would fill the slot of Igbo presidency.

Stop talking nonsense!
Why didn't they choose a man from Benin republic in 1999 to serve Yoruba interest instead of Obasanjo?
When have Yoruba outside SW represented interest of Southwest at federal level?
Will Southsouth allow a southeasterner to represent them?
Hypocrites!
It is Southeast that is being marginalised not Southsouth.
Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by BSdetective: 4:36pm On Apr 02, 2022
aribisala0:
What is my business with you, your father or what happens inside your heads? Did your father create Nairaland?

No my father did not create nairaland and I can't remember inquiring about my father's business from you. You made some assertions on a thread I created and I simply gave my opinion which was that your assertions were coming from a place of ignorance.... being the uncultured cretin that you are you decided to throw jabs at my dad probably because you're a the son of a thousand fathers raised under the bridge. Insolent fool

3 Likes

Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by aribisala0(m): 4:39pm On Apr 02, 2022
BSdetective:

No my father did not create nairaland and I can't remember inquiring about my father's business from you. You made some assertions on a thread I created and I simply gave my opinion which was that your assertions were coming from a place of ignorance.... being the uncultured cretin that you are you decided to throw jabs at my dad probably because you're a the son of a thousand fathers raised under the bridge. Insolent fool
You your father and your opinions are of no moment to me. I simply have no interest.
Re: My Opinion On Why Yoruba's May Not Get The Presidency Come 2023 by BSdetective: 4:40pm On Apr 02, 2022
paramakina202:

Stop talking nonsense!
Why didn't they choose a man from Benin republic in 1999 to serve Yoruba interest instead of Obasanjo?
When have Yoruba outside SW represented interest of Southwest at federal level?
Will Southsouth allow a southeasterner to represent them?
Hypocrites!
It is Southeast that is being marginalised not Southsouth.

Obasanjo wasn't the choice of Yoruba's to represent their interest it was falae....but we didn't bvtch about not getting the presidency when Obasanjo got it.....ameachi or emefile will fill the gap of an Igbo presidency, either you guys accept it is you business.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN Gov. Godwin Emefiele’s Campaign Cars Spotted – Over 78 Branded Vehicles / They Said Nobody Will Use Lagos Airport After Anambra International Airport / ASUU: Knocks As Gbajabiamila Attends US College (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.