Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,319 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Customers Accuse GTB Of Dubious Deductions From Their Accounts - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customers Accuse GTB Of Dubious Deductions From Their Accounts (541 Views)

Customers Accuse Azman Fuel Station Abuja Of Dispensing Water (Video) / Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions / Innoson Vs Gtbank: Bank Debunks Rumours Of Customers Closing Their Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customers Accuse GTB Of Dubious Deductions From Their Accounts by Tokotaya: 8:37pm On Apr 02, 2022
Customers accuse GTB of dubious deductions from their accounts

Nigerians have taken to Twitter to raise alarm over multiple dubious deductions from their accounts with one of Nigeria’s foremost banks, Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB).

The customers scattered all over the country have similar complaints of questionable debits they received overnight.

Many of the debits are purported to have been for SMS charges, Transfer Charges and the like.

The debit alerts to many of the customers are for transactions done since 2019, and many of the customers swear they have been debited for the charges at the time.

Find below some of the comments:

@OnuohaNneoma wrote: “I woke up to over 20 debit messages from Gtbank. @gtbank @gtbank_help Clarify why there are multiple debits … I can’t be the only one suffering this..”

Damilola Muyideen OLAJIRE tweeting with @SmilingPen wrote: “Who else woke up to being incessantly debited by GTB this morning? @gtbank. This is an act of fraud. SMS alerts on my account as far back (as) 2019 to 2022, after the usual ones that you’ve always made. Dear public, if you have money in GTB, please just transfer to another bank ASAP!”

@Mhiz_QeeZ: “Guys pls help me. It’s like it’s my turn today with @gtbank. So, I woke up to multiple debit alerts for SMS charges from as far back as 2019 for about #4000. I don’t know what’s happening but I know I need my money back. @gtbank_help This is not the way to start a new month. @cenbank”

@Wolexz_: “Once you see Gtbank trending if it’s for a good thing make I disappear! Always for charges and bad network! Very greedy people! If you leave 1 naira for them na you sabi”

@McPhils__: “While the whole nation was sleeping, @gtbank was busy stealing from my account. Cos what are these charges ffs, I don’t even receive SMS alert�.@cenbank you no go talk?”

@Femi_MartinsOG: “I woke up to 17 debits from GTB for SMS charges for the past 12 months, summing to 2 thousand plus, I could swear they debited me back then for some of the months, this is a case of double charging. @gtbank_help @gtbank

@FutureF49255263: “#gtbank what are you guys doing

@itswhitendblack: “Why am I being charged for an account I didn’t even open

@gtbank. I’m only running a current account with you guys, where did savings account come from and how come I’m being charged SMS for an account I didn’t open or know about? @gtbank @gtbank_help

@AchieverIsBack: “Gtbank will rob you without pointing a gun at you

@I_am_Neeyee: “Why did @gtbank remove 18,628 from my account as SMS alert charge? Who did I offend?.. Please who else is being extorted like this.. @gtbank what’s the problem?”
https://microsecondnews.com/index.php/2022/04/02/customers-accuse-gtb-of-dubious-deductions-from-their-accounts/

Re: Customers Accuse GTB Of Dubious Deductions From Their Accounts by Ebubu: 9:00pm On Apr 02, 2022
GTB are thieves
Re: Customers Accuse GTB Of Dubious Deductions From Their Accounts by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 02, 2022
I thought I was the only one facing ds madness from GTB, I have 2300 Naira as I wan withdraw 2100 dey reply me insufficient but when I reduce it to 2k they send me debit alert that my balance is 190 meaning 110 naira was deducted for a transaction of 2k using USSD code
Re: Customers Accuse GTB Of Dubious Deductions From Their Accounts by pyyxxaro: 9:25pm On Apr 02, 2022
Great thieves
Re: Customers Accuse GTB Of Dubious Deductions From Their Accounts by Danyyyyyyyyyyy: 2:11am On Apr 03, 2022
Tokotaya:
Customers accuse GTB of dubious deductions from their accounts

Nigerians have taken to Twitter to raise alarm over multiple dubious deductions from their accounts with one of Nigeria’s foremost banks, Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB).

The customers scattered all over the country have similar complaints of questionable debits they received overnight.

Many of the debits are purported to have been for SMS charges, Transfer Charges and the like.

The debit alerts to many of the customers are for transactions done since 2019, and many of the customers swear they have been debited for the charges at the time.

Find below some of the comments:

@OnuohaNneoma wrote: “I woke up to over 20 debit messages from Gtbank. @gtbank @gtbank_help Clarify why there are multiple debits … I can’t be the only one suffering this..”

Damilola Muyideen OLAJIRE tweeting with @SmilingPen wrote: “Who else woke up to being incessantly debited by GTB this morning? @gtbank. This is an act of fraud. SMS alerts on my account as far back (as) 2019 to 2022, after the usual ones that you’ve always made. Dear public, if you have money in GTB, please just transfer to another bank ASAP!”

@Mhiz_QeeZ: “Guys pls help me. It’s like it’s my turn today with @gtbank. So, I woke up to multiple debit alerts for SMS charges from as far back as 2019 for about #4000. I don’t know what’s happening but I know I need my money back. @gtbank_help This is not the way to start a new month. @cenbank”

@Wolexz_: “Once you see Gtbank trending if it’s for a good thing make I disappear! Always for charges and bad network! Very greedy people! If you leave 1 naira for them na you sabi”

@McPhils__: “While the whole nation was sleeping, @gtbank was busy stealing from my account. Cos what are these charges ffs, I don’t even receive SMS alert�.@cenbank you no go talk?”

@Femi_MartinsOG: “I woke up to 17 debits from GTB for SMS charges for the past 12 months, summing to 2 thousand plus, I could swear they debited me back then for some of the months, this is a case of double charging. @gtbank_help @gtbank

@FutureF49255263: “#gtbank what are you guys doing

@itswhitendblack: “Why am I being charged for an account I didn’t even open

@gtbank. I’m only running a current account with you guys, where did savings account come from and how come I’m being charged SMS for an account I didn’t open or know about? @gtbank @gtbank_help

@AchieverIsBack: “Gtbank will rob you without pointing a gun at you

@I_am_Neeyee: “Why did @gtbank remove 18,628 from my account as SMS alert charge? Who did I offend?.. Please who else is being extorted like this.. @gtbank what’s the problem?”
https://microsecondnews.com/index.php/2022/04/02/customers-accuse-gtb-of-dubious-deductions-from-their-accounts/

They promised to refund my money in 3 working days , 8k we're waiting

(1) (Reply)

Shops And Houses For Rent In Ibadan / Imagine: No Matter How Much In Your Bank Account, You Get ₦10k Max From ATM / SMART HOME AUTOMATIONS AND CCTV INSTALLATIONS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.