Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,035 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

The Dead Are Powerless - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Dead Are Powerless (249 Views)

5,000,000 Jews And The God :is The Israelites God Powerless / I Refuse To Be Oppressed By Witches/They are powerless / ‘Ritualist Became Powerless On Sighting Lord's Chosen Apron’; Young Lady. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dead Are Powerless by Rikze: 6:46am On Apr 03, 2022
In movies, it is not uncommon to see the dead return and hunt its killers and eventually avenge its death. That leaves me with the question, If truly the dead can avenge themselves, why haven't we seen same in real life?

Take the Nigerian space as an example. Everyday we hear of senseless killings here and there in this country, many of these killings are carried out by groups and individuals. If the dead are as powerful as protracted in movies and novels, why can't they act to avenge their death so as to bring succour to their grieving family and friends?

The scriptural angle.

The Bible clearly states: For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. 6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun. Ecclesiastics 9:5,6.

It continues: Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest. Ecclesiastics 9:10.

With the real life situation I mentioned, coupled with the knowledge of the Most High found in the Bible, I am convinced that the dead know nothing and are powerless in death.

Share your thoughts friends! Have a great day!

2 Likes

Re: The Dead Are Powerless by Ammishaddai: 7:50am On Apr 03, 2022
The world is mysterious and we can't just conclude on this matter without investigating instances of people who actually died and yet came to have memories and accounts of loved ones who live on and still communicate
Re: The Dead Are Powerless by cornelboy(f): 2:21am On Apr 04, 2022
Ammishaddai:
The world is mysterious and we can't just conclude on this matter without investigating instances of people who actually died and yet came to have memories and accounts of loved ones who live on and still communicate
Sorry it's not possible.
Re: The Dead Are Powerless by cornelboy(f): 2:22am On Apr 04, 2022
Demons/evil spirits can impersonate the death though.
Re: The Dead Are Powerless by Kobojunkiee: 2:46am On Apr 04, 2022
Rikze:
With the real life situation I mentioned, coupled with the knowledge of the Most High found in the Bible, I am convinced that the dead know nothing and are powerless in death.

Share your thoughts friends! Have a great day!
Well, the dead have no power in this world or else they would have power to repent from beyond but unfortunately, most cease to exist once the breath of God leaves their body while those of them who believed in Jesus Christ during this life will only be awakened from sleep when Jesus Christ returns to raise His own. undecided
Re: The Dead Are Powerless by Ammishaddai: 6:52am On Apr 04, 2022
cornelboy:

Sorry it's not possible.
So what's the logical explanation for people who have NDE and are able to see and talk to folks who are dead? Jesus in the bible spoke with Moses and Elijah ...or have you forgotten ?

(1) (Reply)

When The Devil Whispers, “Go And Slap That Person” / Suicide Is Fast Track To Hell. / Did You Know Your Feet Is Interwoven With Your Star?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.