Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Should Christians Take Antidepressants? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Take Antidepressants? (781 Views)

Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. / Guns, God And Gospel Documentary. Should Christians Take Up Arms? / Should Christians Care About Physical Appearance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Christians Take Antidepressants? by Buliwyf: 10:00am On Apr 03, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] [s]A true scientist or one who seeks the truth would have taken up the challenge . But now, it is quite obvious that you hate investigations, so it's safe to assume that you love ignorance more than science grin[/s]

A true believer would have actually healed all the people in the hospital instead of counting which of them is smiling on their sick bed and lying through your teeth here. Can't you do greater things than Jesus did like is said in the bible? You seem to love pride and self-glorification than performing miracles. Lol
Re: Should Christians Take Antidepressants? by Ammishaddai: 10:04am On Apr 03, 2022
[s]
Buliwyf:

A true believer would have actually healed all the people in the hospital instead of counting which of them is smiling on their sick bed and lying through your teeth here. Can't you do greater things than Jesus did like is said in the bible? You seem to love pride and self-glorification than performing miracles. Lol
[/s] Bros, stop deceiving yourself...just enter the hospital and make the investigations I told you about. Stop thriving on ignorance please...it doesn't speak well of atheists who claim to say science is "all".grin
Re: Should Christians Take Antidepressants? by Buliwyf: 10:08am On Apr 03, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] [s]Bros, stop deceiving yourself...just enter the hospital and make the investigations I told you about. Stop thriving on ignorance please...it doesn't speak well of atheists who claim to say science is "all".grin[/s]

So the holy spirit didn't tell you I am not an atheist? Lol. Impotent Christians. You can't even see what is in front of your nose but you will claim to have spiritual insights. So I should just walk into a random hospital to verify a claim you haven't provided any proof for. Lol.

You think sending me on a wild goose chase will make anyone believe in your lies here? Keep dreaming. No one reading this believes you. We all know you are lying. If prayers work those praying won't be in the hospital in the first place. Simple stuff.
Re: Should Christians Take Antidepressants? by Ammishaddai: 10:11am On Apr 03, 2022
[s]
Buliwyf:

So the holy spirit didn't tell you I am not an atheist? Lol. Impotent Christians. You can't even see what is in front of your nose but you will claim to have spiritual insights. So I should just walk into a random hospital to verify a claim you haven't provided any proof for. Lol.

You think sending me on a wild goose chase will make anyone believe in your lies here? Keep dreaming. No one reading this believes you. We all know you are lying. If prayers work those praying won't be in the hospital in the first place. Simple stuff.
[/s]STF...you're a full blown atheist who has a case of selective Amnesia . Have you forgotten that you and I have debate on religion many times ? Lol...keep deceiving yourself
Re: Should Christians Take Antidepressants? by Buliwyf: 10:17am On Apr 03, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s]STF...you're a full blown atheist who has a case of selective Amnesia . Have you forgotten that you and I have debate on religion many times ? Lol...keep deceiving yourself[/s]

Because I debate religion so I must be an atheist. Because atheism and Christianity are the only two possible positions one can take on a religious matter. Very fine Christian logic you have there. Wisdom of Daniel, Shadrack, Meschak and Abednego all rolled up into one. LMAO

The ignorant unwise spirit in you is definitely the reason you can't heal anyone and are counting hospital beds for who is praying while sick. cheesy cheesy

By the way you and I haven't debated many times on religion. If anything this will probably be the second time. Unless we debated on some other topic. Because if it was religion I would recognize your moniker after the second time. Fact.
Re: Should Christians Take Antidepressants? by Ammishaddai: 10:18am On Apr 03, 2022
[s]
Buliwyf:

Because I debate religion so I must be an atheist. Because atheism and Christianity are the only two possible positions one can take on a religious matter. Very fine Christian logic you have there. Wisdom of Daniel, Shadrack, Meschak and Abednego all rolled up into one. LMAO

The ignorant unwise spirit in you is definitely the reason you can't heal anyone and are counting hospital beds for who is praying while sick. cheesy cheesy

By the way you and I haven't debated many times on religion. If anything this will probably be the second time. Unless we debated on some other topic. Because if it was religion I would recognize your moniker after the second time. Fact.
[/s] You're just a pathological liar. We've debated many times on religious issues. I have proof of this on my second moniker... grin

To prove this further , even the people who you are currently following are full blown atheists who are always typing the same illogical rubbish as you grin
Re: Should Christians Take Antidepressants? by Buliwyf: 10:27am On Apr 03, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] [s]You're just a pathological liar. We've debated many times on religious issues. I have proof of this on my second moniker... grin

To prove this further , even the people who you are currently following are full blown atheists who are always typing the same illogical rubbish as you grin[/s]

Now you are talking about a second moniker. LMAO. Lying is not a good thing.

Secondly, people who are atheists follow me because we share a common position in mocking Christian lies. How is that a hard thing for you to understand? Most irreligious/agnostic/deistic people here will always share a common use of facts to debunking your lies like you claiming you are counting people praying on their sick bed. It's like saying because Christians and Muslims believe in the Abrahamic god so Christians are Muslims. See dumb logic of a Christian.

It seems you didn't receive the wisdom part of the fruit of the spirit or whatever it's called when they were sharing it. You didn't even receive any fruit. All you have are lies and emptiness lol.
Re: Should Christians Take Antidepressants? by Ammishaddai: 10:34am On Apr 03, 2022
[s]
Buliwyf:

Now you are talking about a second moniker. LMAO. Lying is not a good thing.

Secondly, people who are atheists follow me because we share a common position in mocking Christian lies. How is that a hard thing for you to understand? Most irreligious/agnostic/deistic people here will always share a common use of facts to debunking your lies like you claiming you are counting people praying on their sick bed. It's like saying because Christians and Muslims believe in the Abrahamic god so Christians are Muslims. See dumb logic of a Christian.

It seems you didn't receive the wisdom part of the fruit of the spirit or whatever it's called when they were sharing it. You didn't even receive any fruit. All you have are lies and emptiness lol.
[/s] Lengthy balderdash as usual. So back to the issue: you're atheist correct ? grin
Re: Should Christians Take Antidepressants? by Buliwyf: 10:37am On Apr 03, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] [s]Lengthy balderdash as usual. So back to the issue: you're atheist correct ? grin[/s]

Ask holy spirit for the answer. I thought you speak to him and he shows you everything. Oh I forgot. You only lie about that too. Impotent Christians. cheesy
Re: Should Christians Take Antidepressants? by LordReed(m): 10:42am On Apr 03, 2022
Padipadi:
Drugs don't kill depression cos they ll only work for some time before the memory, trauma, thoughts, feelings re-occur. Logically, counselling, meditating on God's words (reading Bible), praying, going to church to worship, meet people, make friends & not being alone kills depression.
So if anyone want to be out of depression, spiri-logical means are the best options. Not drugs, alcohol or any anti depressants.

Not where the depression is a result of physiological factors, those don't disappear, they present as chronic throughout the person's life. Depression caused by environmental factors can be alleviated and will dissipate with appropriate action but the other type stays on and needs management constantly.
Re: Should Christians Take Antidepressants? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:47am On Apr 03, 2022
God is healer but you need constant medical check-up – RCCG

Read More
Re: Should Christians Take Antidepressants? by Ammishaddai: 10:51am On Apr 03, 2022
[s]
Buliwyf:

Ask holy spirit for the answer. I thought you speak to him and he shows you everything. Oh I forgot. You only lie about that too. Impotent Christians. cheesy
[/s] An impotent Christian is still better than a hopeless atheist any day grin
Re: Should Christians Take Antidepressants? by LordReed(m): 10:58am On Apr 03, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Those who don't pray are are worse off than those who do...it's a fact and I've seen it personally in the hospital that I work in . grin

Come to think of it, have you even been to the ICU in a hospital ? If you haven't, try visiting . You'll see the look of confusion in the eyes of those who don't pray... or believe in God . Most times they're often full of hatred and bitterness because they are lost and without hope. To them , nothing makes sense , not even their own existence .

But to those who pray and believe in God(aka Jesus) ...it's a completely different story that words can't describe. They have peace , even though they are dying...and that alone signifies something greater than science . It is something that you can never, ever understand. Infact, try visiting a hospital and see this...you'll be shocked!grin

Given the percentage of non believers in the general population, you can't possibly have seen a significant number of non believers in your hospital.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Take Antidepressants? by Ammishaddai: 12:14pm On Apr 03, 2022
LordReed:

Given the percentage of non believers in the general population, you can't possibly have seen a significant number of non believers in your hospital.
But that doesn't disprove the fact that the number of non-believers are the worse often worse off in times of dying and death. This I've seen this with my own eyes . Now you can either choose to argue all you want, or verify this yourself . The choice is yours sire grin
Re: Should Christians Take Antidepressants? by LordReed(m): 1:25pm On Apr 03, 2022
Ammishaddai:
But that doesn't disprove the fact that the number of non-believers are the worse often worse off in times of dying and death. This I've seen this with my own eyes . Now you can either choose to argue all you want, or verify this yourself . The choice is yours sire grin

Worse off by what metric? If we are talking anecdotal evidence then I have personally been in admitted in the hospital for 2 weeks and had no significantly reduced chance of recovery because I didn't pray. Nor was I morose because of my condition.

The reason the statistics is important is you can't have encountered significant numbers of non believers to be able to make the determination that non believers are worse off. Tell us the number of people you encountered that makes your conclusion valid. You can't have seen 3, 4 people then made a conclusion.
Re: Should Christians Take Antidepressants? by Abrahamweb(m): 9:14am On Apr 06, 2022
Ammishaddai:
I thank God that you acknowledge that God created those things to help and heal people , but it is on record that some ailments are beyond herbs and that's where prayer comes in tongue
You I lost my uncle to this type of thinking.
He's wife keeps moving him from one ministry to another.
Spending money on holy water/oil/handkerchief e.t.c.
So, don't come here and start this talk.
Re: Should Christians Take Antidepressants? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:31pm On Apr 09, 2022
luwiizy:

This question get K leg...

If you are depressed get medical attention.

What is knocked knee in the question? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Full-grown Adult Begging For Forgiveness From 2 Bags Of Cement Mixed With Sand / What About Having A Girl Friend In Thesame Choir / Try To Ask Yourself: What Is My Urgent Need On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.