Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

People Commit Sin Over And Over Again Because God Is Silent. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / People Commit Sin Over And Over Again Because God Is Silent. (354 Views)

Are We Truly Safe, When We Commit Sin With Condoms? / Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' / Will God Continue To Forgive You If You Commit The Same Sin Over And Over Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Commit Sin Over And Over Again Because God Is Silent. by God1000(m): 8:48am On Apr 03, 2022
I've been thinking about this for sometime now, what does God's silence mean in a world where evil continues to prevail? darkness is winning over light

Unlike in the Bible that God will unleashe his anger immediately if you disobey him and his commandments, he will either use fire, water, snakes and other afflictions to punish the offenders which will serve as a deterrent to others.

We now live in an entirely different time where the glory of God isn't seen publicly by the people except few men of God that claim to see him in their dreams.
The fear of God doesn't exist anymore, people are questioning his existence everyday.
An overly religious country like Nigeria is so corrupt, people commit unspeakable crimes everyday and get away with it, Nigeria has become a morally bankrupt society with debauchery on the rise.

Are we still waiting for the judgement day before wrongdoers will be punished? I mean the end time

God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah with fire because of their wickedness and immorality, what is stopping God from destroying today's sinful world?

Seun Lalasticlala mynd44 please do the needful

Re: People Commit Sin Over And Over Again Because God Is Silent. by God1000(m): 8:50am On Apr 03, 2022
God needs to show us that he's incharge

I hardly go to church, my relationship with God isn't strong enough

1 Like

Re: People Commit Sin Over And Over Again Because God Is Silent. by chatinent: 8:52am On Apr 03, 2022
But jokes apart, the world is sour.
Re: People Commit Sin Over And Over Again Because God Is Silent. by God1000(m): 8:54am On Apr 03, 2022
chatinent:
But jokes apart, the world is soured.
very very
Re: People Commit Sin Over And Over Again Because God Is Silent. by DonBenny77(m): 8:57am On Apr 03, 2022
God1000:

Re: People Commit Sin Over And Over Again Because God Is Silent. by DonBenny77(m): 8:58am On Apr 03, 2022
chatinent:
But jokes apart, the world is soured.
"Sour" you mean
Re: People Commit Sin Over And Over Again Because God Is Silent. by Buliwyf: 9:02am On Apr 03, 2022
The truth is that the biblical god doesn't exist.

Most of what you read as the old testament were folktales passed down by word of mouth for centuries and wasn't codified into written text until Josiah's reformation or after.

By the time the Romans took over Judea and started civilizing those goat herders and writing down proper stories, you will notice the ridiculousness of the stories of supernatural exploits totally reduced. Because the scribes couldnt forge stories about chariots of fire or city-crumbling trumpets when there was a host of foreigners occupying the land.

And that is why different messianic movements took over at the same time. One of such movements was John the Baptist. And other was that of Yeshua ben Yosef whose teachings will later be corrupted into an unrecognisable religion you now call Christianity.

The fact is that none of what you claimed happen in the Bible happened. Even historical facts and contemporary writings and history does not corroborate many of the claims in the bible. The world has always been the way it is now. People have only been making up stories. No god is coming from anywhere to interfere at all. If any interference will happen it's more likely to come from an extra-terrestial species than a deity.
Re: People Commit Sin Over And Over Again Because God Is Silent. by malvisguy212: 9:24am On Apr 03, 2022
God will not intervene directly in the matter of sin . if he did, He will have to be a dictator . Then how would we react? We would not want that, and according to the Bible, God doesn't want it either. He wants us to obey Him because we want to, not because we have to.

To wipe out some people who cause suffering, and spare you and me, would make God guilty of gross
injustice. We have each added to humanity's shame. If there is a God of love, the people he loves and longs to place in a pain-free world are the very ones who cause
humanity's suffering.
Re: People Commit Sin Over And Over Again Because God Is Silent. by chatinent: 5:41pm On Apr 03, 2022
DonBenny77:

"Sour" you mean
Thanks.
Re: People Commit Sin Over And Over Again Because God Is Silent. by LordReed(m): 5:52pm On Apr 03, 2022
God1000:
I've been thinking about this for sometime now, what does God's silence mean in a world where evil continues to prevail? darkness is winning over light

Unlike in the Bible that God will unleashe his anger immediately if you disobey him and his commandments, he will either use fire, water, snakes and other afflictions to punish the offenders which will serve as a deterrent to others.

We now live in an entirely different time where the glory of God isn't seen publicly by the people except few men of God that claim to see him in their dreams.
The fear of God doesn't exist anymore, people are questioning his existence everyday.
An overly religious country like Nigeria is so corrupt, people commit unspeakable crimes everyday and get away with it, Nigeria has become a morally bankrupt society with debauchery on the rise.

Are we still waiting for the judgement day before wrongdoers will be punished? I mean the end time

God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah with fire because of their wickedness and immorality, what is stopping God from destroying today's sinful world?

Seun, lalasticlala, mynd44 please do the needful

Or there isn't a god and the only reckoning/regulation is the one we do ourselves, no heavenly big brother watching and smiting. Or maybe the pressure of all the suffering human beings undergo has made the god take an eternal vacation.
Re: People Commit Sin Over And Over Again Because God Is Silent. by Kobojunkiee: 6:13pm On Apr 03, 2022
God1000:

Why do you have the above expectation as far as God is concerned? undecided
Re: People Commit Sin Over And Over Again Because God Is Silent. by xproducer: 8:03pm On Apr 03, 2022
GOD's word never fails...

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting." - Galatians 6:7-8

"But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness." - 2 Peter 3:8-13

(1) (Reply)

Ukraine Refused Negotiations Before Russia's Invasion But Instead Escalated It / WARNING!! GOD Will Destroy Humanity Again! / The Great Mystery Behind Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.