Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

Small Commercial Build - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Small Commercial Build (6711 Views)

Commercial Building On 1000sqm Land For Sale At Magodo Phase1 / Spacious 3 Bedroom Flat For Rent Off Commercial Avenue, Sabo @ N1.8million/annum / Air Duct Cleaning For Commercial And Residential (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 4:26pm On Apr 03, 2022
I'm starting a small commercial build on one of my lands in Elebu area. It's a small project but I will share details as appropriate in case it helps someone else.

It's a total of 500 square feet of interior space for a small neighbourhood shop/lounge with the intention of outside area being used more than inside.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 4:31pm On Apr 03, 2022
Prices in my locale:

6" Block = N280
9" Block = N290
Cement = N4,100 to site
10T Sharp Sand = N32,000 / 20T = N65,000
20 T Granite = N202,000

A lot of the materials especially granite is location dependent. Distance to the quarry, your road condition, could affect prices.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Small Commercial Build by Kingdemu: 10:07pm On Apr 03, 2022
Following

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by kayce19: 6:47pm On Apr 04, 2022
Following

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 8:29pm On Apr 04, 2022
Status as of today.

I have decided to make this style of gate a signature on my Trinitys.

The gate set me back N350,000, it is constructed out of heavy steel stock.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 2:26am On Apr 06, 2022
Subterranean block setting plus some drone shots.

This particular land is within a quick drone flight away from my personal residence so I can monitor remotely at leisure.

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by folmus: 7:59am On Apr 06, 2022
Following!!

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 8:50pm On Apr 06, 2022
Foundation will be ready for filing on Friday.

I’ll let the rains naturally settle the soil while the crew goes to another site. They’ll return to do german floor,

I intend to use 6” blocks for the perimeter and 4” blocks for the partitions.

2 Likes

Re: Small Commercial Build by twinskenny(m): 9:05pm On Apr 06, 2022
Following

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by diordaves(m): 12:13pm On Apr 07, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
Foundation will be ready for filing on Friday.

I’ll let the rains naturally settle the soil while the crew goes to another site. They’ll return to do german floor,

I intend to use 6” blocks for the perimeter and 4” blocks for the partitions.

Nice one.

But why fence a commercial outfit at the front? In this situation (small commercial), you don't need a fence at the front. I would take out the fence and gate and open up the space at the front for parking and easy access for deliveries. When you eventually concrete or interlock the compound, this will give a visual sense of space as the space will blend with the access road. Or maybe the space was fenced before you decided on commercial.

It is the same reason petrol stations are never fenced.

Happy development.

3 Likes

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 3:25pm On Apr 07, 2022
diordaves:

Nice one.

But why fence a commercial outfit at the front? In this situation (small commercial), you don't need a fence at the front. I would take out the fence and gate and open up the space at the front for parking and easy access for deliveries. When you eventually concrete or interlock the compound, this will give a visual sense of space as the space will blend with the access road. Or maybe the space was fenced before you decided on commercial.

It is the same reason petrol stations are never fenced.

Happy development.

You’re right on all fronts.

So there’s a method to my madness. I’ve thrown a lot of smokescreen to specifically confuse until the project is done. It’ll eventually be like a USA drive through.

Good eye and thanks for your time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 4:10am On Apr 09, 2022
Commencing foundation filing. The intent is to scrape already available soil onsite.

1 Share

Re: Small Commercial Build by Chriswazo(m): 8:32pm On Apr 11, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
Prices in my locale:

6" Block = N280
9" Block = N290
Cement = N4,100 to site
10T Sharp Sand = N32,000 / 20T = N65,000
20 T Granite = N202,000

A lot of the materials especially granite is location dependent. Distance to the quarry, your road condition, could affect prices.

I was told 20 tons is 370k today

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 9:15pm On Apr 11, 2022
Chriswazo:

I was told 20 tons is 370k today

Which area? shocked
Re: Small Commercial Build by Chriswazo(m): 9:31pm On Apr 11, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Which area? shocked
Aba

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by owolabi5: 11:39pm On Apr 11, 2022
Following

Nice Project

May God see you through

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 11:52pm On Apr 11, 2022
Chriswazo:

Aba

Okay I think I’ve heard that transportation cost for granite is high down there due to the locations of the quarry.

Maybe ask Oga Spyder880, the man has his fingers on the pulse of real estate in that area.
Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 12:14am On Apr 12, 2022
owolabi5:
Following

Nice Project

May God see you through

Thank you very much.

Nice name cheesy

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 7:51am On Apr 13, 2022
Getting ready for german floor. Damp proof covering, granite, sharp sand, cement and water at the ready.

In regards to water, this land is on the street behind me so I simply ran a 50 feet water hose from my house through a neighbors yard there grin

4 Likes

Re: Small Commercial Build by mufutau55(m): 11:28am On Apr 13, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

In regards to water, this land is on the street behind me so I simply ran a 50 feet water hose from my house through a neighbors yard there grin

Smart idea Sir, and you are very lucky to have an understanding neighbours. Well done Sir.

What is the status of the mini estate?

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 12:18pm On Apr 13, 2022
mufutau55:

Smart idea Sir, and you are very lucky to have an understanding neighbours. Well done Sir.

What is the status of the mini estate?

Hajji M.

He’s even allowing me to store cement there too. I’m always blessed with people when I’m in need. Jah lives.

I’m paralleling the development of the micro estate to the trains. I’m waiting for them to finish the roads so I can then complete at least one building as a test run.

Thanks Sir.
Re: Small Commercial Build by mufutau55(m): 1:31pm On Apr 13, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

He’s even allowing me to store cement there too. I’m always blessed with people when I’m in need. Jah lives.

I’m paralleling the development of the micro estate to the trains. I’m waiting for them to finish the roads so I can then complete at least one building as a test run.

Thanks Sir.

Very good idea Sir. More grease...

Hajji M.
Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 6:15pm On Apr 13, 2022
mufutau55:

Very good idea Sir. More grease...

Hajji M.

I can finish them now but I won't attract the specs of tenants that I truly wish for.
Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 6:48pm On Apr 13, 2022
Fixin’ to git er done.

Re: Small Commercial Build by folmus: 7:22pm On Apr 13, 2022
Welldone!!

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by mufutau55(m): 10:54pm On Apr 13, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I can finish them now but I won't attract the specs of tenants that I truly wish for.

I got you Sir. The rule of "supply and demand".

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by InvertedHammer: 4:09am On Apr 14, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

You’re right on all fronts.

So there’s a method to my madness. I’ve thrown a lot of smokescreen to specifically confuse until the project is done. It’ll eventually be like a USA drive through.

Good eye and thanks for your time.
/
I like your style. Quality work slow and steady.

At this pace, if you turn around in five years, you will have a good and enviable portfolio.

I wish I can build now. But the global inflation indices are getting scary. Just have to hedge. So na lands I dey buy aggressively now. I bow to those of you with the balls to even price building materials not to talk of buying.

/

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 6:55am On Apr 14, 2022
InvertedHammer:

/
I like your style. Quality work slow and steady.

At this pace, if you turn around in five years, you will have a good and enviable portfolio.

I wish I can build now. But the global inflation indices are getting scary. Just have to hedge. So na lands I dey buy aggressively now. I bow to those of you with the balls to even price building materials not to talk of buying.

/

Thanks Chief. I’m just trying to do what I can now that the energy is still there. I also do small stuff comparatively. I just want little income to support my social security when I hit that timeline.

2 Likes

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 12:32pm On Apr 14, 2022
Floor pouring day. My team refuses a concrete mixing machine undecided

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by TheGreatIYANU: 3:55pm On Apr 14, 2022
God speed Sir.

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 1:56pm On Apr 15, 2022
TheGreatIYANU:
God speed Sir.

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 2:03pm On Apr 15, 2022
Laying out the floor plan. I salute the architects, una work no easy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Contemporary 2bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design / Sevice Plots For Sale At Golden Heritage Estate MOWE TOWN For#900k / Estate Houses For Sale In Abuja!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.