Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,101 members, 7,859,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 11:20 PM

What Is Destiny? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Destiny? (381 Views)

How Is Destiny Recovered / What Is Destiny / 5 Signs Your Destiny (ori) Has Been Stolen Or Snatched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Destiny? by Preciousgirl(f): 4:31pm On Apr 03, 2022
What is Destiny?
Can it change or can it be changed?

Scriptural references will be appreciated
Re: What Is Destiny? by Snitch24(m): 6:29pm On Apr 03, 2022
Bro there's nothing like it believe it or not

2 Likes

Re: What Is Destiny? by Preciousgirl(f): 6:53pm On Apr 09, 2022
Snitch24:

Stop joking with your life
Re: What Is Destiny? by Snitch24(m): 7:47pm On Apr 09, 2022
To My understanding
Destiny is what is to happen
Or the process a person is to go through in life before death
And it's believed to have been orcharstrated by God
If this is true
What power(s) do we have to altered this process
For instance is it buhari's destiny to be Nigerian president
The innocent people getting killed by the bandits it's their destiny to die in such manner?
Except there's other means to destiny that I don't know
And I would want you to explain
So I can stop playing with my life as you've instructed

1 Like

Re: What Is Destiny? by Kobojunkie: 7:51pm On Apr 09, 2022
Preciousgirl:
Stop joking with your life
But he is right... the truth is the stories sold you by your Pastors and mogs of Destiny are of a made-up concept used to deceive the gullible into believing they can imagine for themselves a life greater than the one they build by the decisions they make. undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Is Destiny? by Snitch24(m): 7:54pm On Apr 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
But he is right... the truth is the stories sold you by your Pastors and mogs of Destiny are of a made-up concept used to deceive the gullible into believing they can imagine for themselves a life greater than the one they build by the decisions they make. undecided

Most of these preachers are making it seems God is a wicked being
How can you call all what's happening now God's plan
Terrorist killing people are God's plan
And at the end of the Day he's still going to send them to hell for doing his Will ?
Maybe that's why they believe in the myth of 7 virgins waiting for them in heaven

1 Like

Re: What Is Destiny? by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Apr 09, 2022
Preciousgirl:
What is Destiny?

As for scriptural references, your Pastors and mogs are liars who twist scripture out of context to provide backing for their lies. Taken in context, there is no scriptural backing for the idea of each one having a set destiny that can be maneuvered or changed by him. undecided

You are simply the sum total of the choices/decisions you make in your own life. That is what God says and that is what He will judge you on. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Destiny? by Kobojunkie: 8:01pm On Apr 09, 2022
Snitch24:
Most of these preachers are making it seems God is a wicked being
How can you call all what's happening now God's plan
Terrorist killing people are God's plan
And at the end of the Day he's still going to send them to hell for doing his Will ?
Maybe that's why they believe in the myth of 7 virgins waiting for them in heaven
See, according to scripture, God's Will is Jesus Christ, His perfect Law which He sent to rescue those who will submit to and obey His Will - Jesus Christ - His New Covenant and Truth which He delivered to us over 2000 years ago. undecided

The explaination fed the gullible by these pastors and mogs, all of them the very false teachers and prophets Jesus Christ warned His followers of, is born of lies designed to deceive the gullible away from the Truth of God. undecided
Re: What Is Destiny? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 09, 2022
Preciousgirl:
What is Destiny?

When we went to Israel, we were shown a video about Destiny. It was a belief by the Essenes.
There are two paths a man/woman can take.
Whichever one you take will lead you to a desired end.
If you change your mind and take the other path, it'll lead you to the other desired end.

We were told that we were destined to be in Israel at that moment.

So, according to that belief, we can change our destiny.

I've no idea how true this is (before the righteous people attack me).

1 Like

Re: What Is Destiny? by Snitch24(m): 8:20pm On Apr 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
See, according to scripture, God's Will is Jesus Christ, His perfect Law which He sent to rescue those who will submit to and obey His Will - Jesus Christ - His New Covenant and Truth which He delivered to us over 2000 years ago. undecided

The explaination fed the gullible by these pastors and mogs, all of them the very false teachers and prophets Jesus Christ warned His followers of, is born of lies designed to deceive the gullible away from the Truth of God. undecided
I'm so sorry
But it still not justified
Re: What Is Destiny? by Kobojunkie: 8:23pm On Apr 09, 2022
Snitch24:

I'm so sorry but there's no point in what you just posted
I wasn't making a point but simply clarifying what God's Will, as indicated in scripture, instead refers to.. undecided
Re: What Is Destiny? by Snitch24(m): 8:26pm On Apr 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I wasn't making a point but simply clarifying what God's Will, as indicated in scripture, instead refers to.. undecided
I want to believe there's More to life than we know
And there's a lot of truth hiding behind death
The best graduating student in my faculty committed suicide we all blamed it on depression and peer pressure
Does that gives him power to change his destiny?

Or is destiny a different thing entirely?
Maybe the op should come and shared more light

1 Like

Re: What Is Destiny? by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On Apr 09, 2022
Snitch24:
1. I want to believe there's More to life than we know. And there's a lot of truth hiding behind death

2. The best graduating student in my faculty committed suicide we all blamed it on depression and peer pressure. Does that gives him power to change his destiny? Or is destiny a different thing entirely?
Maybe the op should come and shared more light
1. Truth hiding behind death? What do you mean by that? undecided

2. A student chose to end his life due to depression and peer pressure and you think his choice has something to do with changing something? A better question is why do you assume he changed anything when all he clearly did was make a decision to end his life? undecided

Destiny is a crock of bull fed the gullible to keep them wondering about the meaningless while distracted from what is in front of them - the Truth. undecided
Re: What Is Destiny? by Snitch24(m): 8:39pm On Apr 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Truth hiding behind death? What do you mean by that? undecided

2. A student chose to end his life due to depression and peer pressure and you think his choice has something to do with changing something? A better question is why do you assume he changed anything when all he clearly did was make a decision to end his life? undecided

Destiny is a crock of bull fed the gullible to keep them wondering about the meaningless while distracted from what is in front of them - the Truth. undecided

Well actually I believe death is a new beginning of what we have no idea about
We all believe that it's the final resting abode
To me I feel he choose to end his suffering
Hence he won't be needing money clothes food etc when dead
Re: What Is Destiny? by Kobojunkie: 8:43pm On Apr 09, 2022
Snitch24:
1. Well actually I believe death is a new beginning of what we have no idea about

2. We all believe that it's the final resting abode
1. Why? undecided

2. He probably wasn't thinking much about money, clothes, food either. And unless he believed in an afterlife, he probably wasn't thinking of anything existing on the other side of this life for him.. undecided
Re: What Is Destiny? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:01pm On Apr 09, 2022
Preciousgirl:
What is Destiny?

The name tells you. Destination.

So can you change your destination? Of course you can try but reaching destinations is another matter.

As Life has taught "No be everybody wey travel dey reach their destination"
Re: What Is Destiny? by Kobojunkie: 10:09pm On Apr 09, 2022
Snitch24:
Well actually I believe death is a new beginning of what we have no idea about
We all believe that it's the final resting abode
"We have no idea", yet you believe it a new beginning, why? undecided

How many such new beginnings have you ever experienced for you to claim death another one of them? undecided

Is it me or is it that you conveniently surmise his suffering had something to do with material things of the world?? undecided
Re: What Is Destiny? by Truvelisback(m): 10:29pm On Apr 09, 2022
Preciousgirl:
What is Destiny?

Destiny is the divine plan of God for one's life. Can it Change? Yes and No. That the depends on the part of the person who has the Destiny. Joseph fulfilled his destiny to be a ruler. Jesus fulfilled His destiny to redeem man from sin and eternal damnation. Samson failed to fulfill his destiny as a deliver of the Isrealites. Moses who was God's prophet failed to bring the Isrealites into the promise land. And many more.
Re: What Is Destiny? by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 2:13am On Apr 10, 2022
Snitch24:
Re: What Is Destiny? by helinues: 6:25am On Apr 10, 2022
There is nothing like destiny. It doesn't exist cos if it does, it means we are in simulation

(1) (Reply)

This Video Will Shock You / Reach Out To The Young Man You Are Owing For Close To A Year Now, Mrs. Odini C / Moon Not Sighted, Ramadan Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.