Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,068 members, 7,835,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Why PDP Should Consider Southeast In 2023 Presidential Zoning. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why PDP Should Consider Southeast In 2023 Presidential Zoning. (315 Views)

Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula / 2023: Tinubu’s Loyalists Spoil For Fight Over APC Presidential Zoning / Osun Re-run: What PDP Should Do – Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why PDP Should Consider Southeast In 2023 Presidential Zoning. by lameda07: 4:37pm On Apr 03, 2022
As a Nigerian, who believes in justice, fairness and equity, I have had to consider how TWO other major ethic groups (Hausa and Yoruba) benefited from power rotation from 1999 till date. Only the southeast remains heavily deprived.

This however may not be far from myopic political calculations of the East all times- where all indigbo are usually brainwashed and coerced by their leader into believing their political hope rested in PDP.

Whilst as a major ethnic group, I still wonder why Southeast failed to embrace other political parties as seen across other geo-political zones in Nigeria. The bitter truth about life is that ''No Permanent friend and No Permanent enemy''.

The table below represents Southeastern states' disposition to the TWO major Political parties in the country from 2015.

From the representation made below, it is obvious that ONLY PDP, as a political party is heavily indebted to the East and MUST reckon with Southeast Preference in 2023 all things being equal.

On the other side, APC was wholeheartedly embraced in the Southwest, due to age-long political maturity and should continue to leverage that on whichever Political structure this maturity is exemplified for representation.

Atiku Abubakar on the other hand has seen himself as lifetime candidate of PDP and not willing, alongside his political allies, to ever consider regional equity in governance.

Southeasterners should brace up ahead of 2027 Presidential Elections. This is to ensure they fully derail all current representatives they have at National level. It is obvious they have more of enemy from within to fight for future relevance than those outside.

This is just my opinion as a Nigerian who is sensitive to political developments.

Re: Why PDP Should Consider Southeast In 2023 Presidential Zoning. by Ebubu: 5:18pm On Apr 03, 2022
Well deserved
Re: Why PDP Should Consider Southeast In 2023 Presidential Zoning. by SaudanaofSokoto: 5:34pm On Apr 03, 2022
Ebubu:
Well deserved

This is the bitter truth!!
Re: Why PDP Should Consider Southeast In 2023 Presidential Zoning. by Michelle70(m): 5:35pm On Apr 03, 2022
I believe PDP should give it to them but are they ready? I can't tell if they want be president, need biafra, bring down Yoruba, insult everyone, looking for attention, bring down Nigeria or give Atiku head.

What do they really need

1 Like

Re: Why PDP Should Consider Southeast In 2023 Presidential Zoning. by Truthisunique2: 5:35pm On Apr 03, 2022
South East don't even believe in their own selves except making mouth and routing for atiku

What stops south east from demanding that them atiku tambuwal support their own, is it Everytime south must support north

Can't the fulanis campaign aggressively for Southerners too instead of this blackmail that it must be them before they win

Atiku went north vs north with buhari and failed why must he blackmail southern PDP that they would fail if they go south vs south

Did heaven fall when he failed?

Funny thing is this man would decamp from PDP if he isn't given ticket, or go in sabbatical if he losses leaving the work for the same slaves to build

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why PDP Should Consider Southeast In 2023 Presidential Zoning. by buckeyemedia: 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2022
SaudanaofSokoto:

This is the bitter truth!!
Only lizard from roof, only lizard praise himself.
Re: Why PDP Should Consider Southeast In 2023 Presidential Zoning. by lameda07: 6:14pm On Apr 03, 2022
Michelle70:
I believe PDP should give it to them but are they ready? I can't tell if they want be president, need biafra, bring down Yoruba, insult everyone, looking for attention, bring down Nigeria or give Atiku head.

What do they really need

Most disheartening is how some stakeholders like Abaribe, already started declaring full support for Atiku.

Personal pecuniary gains appears to be the driving force.

Regardless of plots by the southwest, the SouthEast is expected to be resolute.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Soludo To End Sit At Home Simon Ekpa Release Full Speech / Yoruba Fake Prophecies: Tunde Bakare Fighting Dirty To Be Relevant / Repainting Of Orsu LGA Headquarters Gate With Biafran Colours Captured On Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.