Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category (45346 Views)

Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category / Grammy 2020 Awards: Burna Boy's Fans Support Him Over Angelique Kidjo / Why Angelique Kidjo Is Burna Boy’s Biggest Threat In Grammy Awards Category (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Naija147: 1:43am On Apr 04, 2022
cassidy1996:
I love old school music, old wine tastes better....

Am here chilling with funmi Adams and lucky dube....
Most of these modern songs are trash

My believe also
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Bjteensdes24: 1:44am On Apr 04, 2022
Onogueks:

"We are one" by Angelique Kidjo. Is it that one?
No, its not.
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by CountVersailles(f): 1:47am On Apr 04, 2022
It should be an insult by now to Africans in general that the Oscar academy cannot see beyond Angelique Kidjo in its awarding for Best Global Music. Is she the only one doing music in the whole of Africa? Or in the rest of the world?

4 Likes

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by WoundedLamb: 1:51am On Apr 04, 2022
CountVersailles:
It should be an insult by now to Africans in general that the Oscar academy cannot see beyond Angelique Kidjo in its awarding for Best Global Music. Is she the only one doing music in the whole of Africa? Or in the rest of the world?

Maybe an insult to the rest of the world (though I'd rather use the word "challenge" ). But I don't think it should be an insult to Africa that the global award keeps coming to continent. If anything, we're happy to, at least, have someone who can bring it home. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by danielnomzy(m): 1:52am On Apr 04, 2022
#TeamFroggy
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by begge: 1:56am On Apr 04, 2022
As far bubu is still there, always expect a bad luck
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Empiree: 2:01am On Apr 04, 2022
Prioritizing Native Language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w5KJ3dw3dM
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by GeneralPula: 2:02am On Apr 04, 2022
Natural441:
Omo see finish shocked burna boy get luck say then no nominate this woman when he won his Grammy,but everywhere go good congrats to Davido too,Davido fc go get mouth now grin

But I love burnaboy,na person wey know good music go understand

Someone talk wizkid no follow Davido back on Instagram because e think say he go win Grammy today no be talk am ooo

Make we end am here
Like for davido share for wizkid

Lol..

No be small thing oo..
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by GeneralPula: 2:06am On Apr 04, 2022
Sanchez01:

At the emboldened, Angelique Kidjo suspended her album for Burna Boy to win last year, after sending him into depression when he released the African Giant album.

Again, she deliberated delayed her album because she wanted Burna to win. If you listened to "Twice as Tall" track, you'd hear Burna rant about his Grammy sojourn and how it messed him up.

Nah every year the woman dey release Album?
Nawa o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Dajuyoung: 2:12am On Apr 04, 2022
I'm not a wizkid fan but the issue is with the pairing/nominations. Once the nominate you for the category wey this woman dey... just forget am. For the same category wey den nominate wizkid's essence, she appeared twice! She's just a living legend and her consistency is topnotch.

hdmovieplug:

Nigerian afrobeats superstar, Ayodeji Balogun, popularly known as Wizkid, has lost at the 64th Grammy Award in best World Music Album category.

The iconic singer, songwriter, and performer was nominated in two different categories at the 2022 Grammy Awards, being Best Global Music Album and Best Global Music Performance at the 2022 Grammy Awards.

The Grammy Awards is arguably the biggest night in the music industry every year, as the creme de la creme come together to reward the efforts of the best talents of the year in review. It was held today, March 3rd 2022, at the MGM Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

The event was previously scheduled to take place in Los Angeles on January 31, 2022, but it was postponed and moved to Las Vegas over concerns about the Omicron variant of COVID-19.

Wizkid’s ‘Made in Lagos’ album lost to Angélique Kidjo’s “Mother Nature”. Nigeria’s Femi Kuti, and Made Kuti’s “Legacy” were also nominated in that category.

https://mydailyplug.com/grammys2022-wizkid-loses-to-angelique-kidjo-in-best-world-music-album-category/
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Onyenze9: 2:14am On Apr 04, 2022
mama Grammy.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by michjunior: 2:16am On Apr 04, 2022
Nobi to get nomination ohh....U fit win am��

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Nobody: 2:17am On Apr 04, 2022
Let’s face it. There’s a certain type of African music that wins Grammies and it’s not Afro-pop. Look at the list of previous African winners. You hardly find any pop artiste among them. It’s the stereotypical African “jungle” sound they like. They already have enough pop artistes in America.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by michjunior: 2:21am On Apr 04, 2022
World cup we no go, Grammy we no win....if not for OBO naso naija for cold internationally

#OBO to the world

15 Likes

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by africandollar: 2:25am On Apr 04, 2022
OP what do you mean by 'he loses to her'? What has he got that would contest with Mama's? Just like saying Musa lost to Ronaldo! grin

6 Likes

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Lanretoye(m): 2:59am On Apr 04, 2022
michjunior:
Nobi to get nomination ohh....U fit win am��
you are a failure...how many artists do u think we have in this world,for someone to get a global nomination alone is success.fool,think and dont just be miserable.

6 Likes

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by luminouz(m): 3:06am On Apr 04, 2022
Once again, my fellow Nigerians have started fighting one another online over artistes who don't even know or care or give a fuq, about their existence.

Isn't it saddening, that the most critical thing affecting these fellows is to argue and cuss out one another, over something they will most likely never win or touch or even possess?

Yet they fight on this, politics, tribalism, religion, race and everything else except how exactly they can contribute their quota to make the country and by extension, their own existence better!!!

I just don't understand that concept of reasoning. It's mind-blowing.

How I wish Thanos was real!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by olayiwola72(m): 4:26am On Apr 04, 2022
Babalakin34:
thank God for preventing Noise pollution
How Incase you don’t know …. Wizkid no like noise

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Tundex911: 4:30am On Apr 04, 2022
Obinrin

Don't underestimate them
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Amayabor1: 4:42am On Apr 04, 2022
Someone with very poor lyrics and content want to win Grammy. Oga come back house!

10 Likes

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Boobysmith: 4:46am On Apr 04, 2022
jaxxy:
Expected. Angelique kidjo is like Fela. U cannot win Grammy over their head in Africa. Who u be?

Wizkid should pray not to be in thesame category with her or else nothing for am.

Legend pass legend.
That woman songs gives me cry of joy back in the day, She is that good.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Bobxin: 4:47am On Apr 04, 2022
jaxxy:
Expected. Angelique kidjo is like Fela. U cannot win Grammy over their head in Africa. Who u be?

Wizkid should pray not to be in thesame category with her or else nothing for am.

Legend pass legend.
Real mata bro. E pain me sha

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Ropostic120(m): 4:58am On Apr 04, 2022
Music pass music... That Kidjo woman is a genius.
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by ayoncox: 5:01am On Apr 04, 2022
Afolavid:
Burna also lost to the same woman in his first ever Grammy nomination. I don't understand why that woman keeps winning all her Grammy nominations... She sabi well well sha!
She is an american citizen, married to American lived in America almost his life

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Rayjnr: 5:05am On Apr 04, 2022
Rossonero:
Congrats to the winner. Mama and Grammy ehn..

Always nominated with fellow African, yeye people
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Rayjnr: 5:09am On Apr 04, 2022
udemzyudex:
Wetin be the criteria to win this award?

Forget this yeye people, African category different, they never nominated any of our music together with their artist
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by JaneYave(f): 5:14am On Apr 04, 2022
Afolavid:
Burna also lost to the same woman in his first ever Grammy nomination. I don't understand why that woman keeps winning all her Grammy nominations... She sabi well well sha!
The genre are basically their focus. Nigerian musicians are good but their music doesn't have pure genre, most are mixed up.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by checkolatunji: 5:16am On Apr 04, 2022
udemzyudex:
Wetin be the criteria to win this award?

Your Album/Songs must influence the world.

MIL na "She say, she say" full ham, na why the album no fit win. Just got lucky it was nominated.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by AgentGoat: 5:21am On Apr 04, 2022
Why she no go win am. wetin wizkid dey sing compare to this woman?

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Angelfrost(m): 5:22am On Apr 04, 2022
Afolavid:

Simply speaking... She is exceptional! Music just oozes out of her!

She remains one of Africa's greatest musical exports to the international community!

6 Likes

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Nobody: 5:23am On Apr 04, 2022
As in am pleased.
Babalakin34:
thank God for preventing Noise pollution

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Angelfrost(m): 5:24am On Apr 04, 2022
WoundedLamb:
Oh... damn! Wizkid's album deserved this. cry

Angelique is a force of nature. Her coverage both in terms of time and space is wider than that of Wizkid. So even when Wizkid's album is better, her larger audience would always be in her favour. I knew she was threat but really hoped Wizkid would bring this one home to earn me some bragging rights.

Congratulations to her. We try again next year.

Wizkid tried... But nope! Kidjo deserved this!

No need for bias... Wizkid is still a kid musically where that woman is!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Strictly - Edo Gospel Music! / Which Of These Musical Groups Would You Bring Back? (Throwback Photos) / The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.