Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,437 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category (45347 Views)

Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category / Grammy 2020 Awards: Burna Boy's Fans Support Him Over Angelique Kidjo / Why Angelique Kidjo Is Burna Boy’s Biggest Threat In Grammy Awards Category (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Proudpolygamist: 7:35am On Apr 04, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:
Let’s face it. There’s a certain type of African music that wins Grammies and it’s not Afro-pop. Look at the list of previous African winners. You hardly find any pop artiste among them. It’s the stereotypical African “jungle” sound they like. They already have enough pop artistes in America.
You're right about this, Burnaboys intro music for twice as tall "level up" ft youssou N dour " corroborates.
But if that's the case south Africans and the swahilis should be getting all the nominations don't you think
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Classickj(m): 7:35am On Apr 04, 2022
Froshloaded:
WIZKID was robbed
Robinson ni

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by ghostboy: 7:36am On Apr 04, 2022
Benny6944:

Wailer.. go give am
why wailer?...can't I air my opinion in a public forum again
Some of una just dey lose brain cells day by day. May God help you!

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Ebubu: 7:41am On Apr 04, 2022
WoundedLamb:

Well, I learned English at the age of 14 (or 15, can't remember) so I guess I'm also anglophone. cheesy

I grew up in Montréal.
oh canadian. Thot u were african sef mtcheew
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by NoGirlfriend: 7:42am On Apr 04, 2022
this woman too get oil o! should I say she is a threat to naija artist dem
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by miqos02(m): 7:48am On Apr 04, 2022
Natural441:
Omo see finish shocked burna boy get luck say then no nominate this woman when he won his Grammy,but everywhere go good congrats to Davido too,Davido fc go get mouth now grin

But I love burnaboy,na person wey know good music go understand

Someone talk wizkid no follow Davido back on Instagram because e think say he go win Grammy today no be talk am ooo

Make we end am here
Like for davido share for wizkid

https://www.nairaland.com/3723411/pics-meet-sudans-minister-water
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Benny6944: 8:01am On Apr 04, 2022
ghostboy:
why wailer?...can't I air my opinion in a public forum again
Some of una just dey lose brain cells day by day. May God help you!

One reason he doesn't deserve it if not your silly hatred. Stf
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Saviourfresh: 8:03am On Apr 04, 2022
Congrats to the winner.
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by WoundedLamb: 8:04am On Apr 04, 2022
Ebubu:
oh canadian. Thot u were african sef mtcheew

angry

I'm African. My parents are Africans and I have a Nigerian passport... expired but whatever.

Don't segregate. sad
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by funshint(m): 8:10am On Apr 04, 2022
For Africa....Grammy award is a shit award! You'll see all the untalented American artist being given Grammy like it's biscuit. It's now a culture to rotate the award between Angelique Kidqou and other artists. Then by next year they'll give Wizkid. Shit award!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Alamkir: 8:11am On Apr 04, 2022
Afolavid:
Burna also lost to the same woman in his first ever Grammy nomination. I don't understand why that woman keeps winning all her Grammy nominations... She sabi well well sha!

because she brings the Real African vibe and culture. Thats what white pple want to see not someone try to form oyibo style

7 Likes

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Karleb(m): 8:15am On Apr 04, 2022
AutoRedux:

E be like say you be kid abi.

So tell me, you fit party with songs like:

Water no get enemy

Shakara

Lady

Zombie

Swegbe and pako

All those songs no get substance. And fela no get vocals at all. Na talk wey him dey talk for almost all him songs. And again he is fond of repeating same thing over and over again. And his beats sound the same.

But let's have a glimpse at Angelique kidjo, for instance.

That Lion King song called "we are one" was composed by Angelique kidjo.

That song alone beat everything wey fela don sing.

I don't even want to talk about the fact that fela talks about yansh and f uck(sex) for him songs too.

Fela died in 1997.

In those days people vibe to Fela songs in parties.

Fela uses similar beats because he sings a particular genre of song.

Baba, you don't know much about music.

Fela was never interested in those awards, there are ways to make your song fit for Grammy.

Let me burst your head, Femi Kuti is one of the most nominated Nigerians for the Grammy award.

Femi is Fela's son, if Femi could get nominated doing his father's style of music, what makes you think Fela, the father would not win Grammy if he was interested?

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 04, 2022
Proudpolygamist:

You're right about this, Burnaboys intro music for twice as tall "level up" ft youssou N dour " corroborates.
But if that's the case south Africans and the swahilis should be getting all the nominations don't you think
there have been 15 Grammy awards given to Africans so far. 8 have gone to South African artists including Ladysmith Black Mambazo who have 5 to themselves. That should tell you everything. The ‘African sound’ that the Recording Academy likes and recognizes tends to come from that part of the continent.

Honestly Nigerian artistes need to diversify a little bit more. Their songs have become too monotonous and repetitive. Same shallow subject matter over and over. How many ways can you possibly tell people how much money you have or how many women you sleep with before you start sounding boring?

They have mastered the art of releasing trending music, selling out venues and making good returns but to win a Grammy award requires a little bit more substance. Especially in the international categories.

Burna Boy still tries in terms of releasing substantive music which is why he’s the only one out of the “big 3” who has a Grammy for his OWN work but Davido and Wizkid are way too shallow.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by hotseat: 8:27am On Apr 04, 2022
To be nominated at all is no mean feat.

It is a mark of huge acceptance and worthy recognition in the world music industry.

Congrats to Angelique Kidjo, a music icon and veteran.

Kudos to all the nominees!

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by heniford2: 8:34am On Apr 04, 2022
Afolavid:
Burna also lost to the same woman in his first ever Grammy nomination. I don't understand why that woman keeps winning all her Grammy nominations... She sabi well well sha!
na her Toto at work cheesy grin another thing her song dey always make sense die if translate it undecided

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by heniford2: 8:38am On Apr 04, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:
there have been 15 Grammy awards given to Africans so far. 8 have gone to South African artists including Ladysmith Black Mambazo who have 5 to themselves. That should tell you everything. The ‘African sound’ that the Recording Academy likes and recognizes tends to come from that part of the continent.

Honestly Nigerian artistes need to diversify a little bit more. Their songs have become too monotonous and repetitive. Same shallow subject matter over and over. How many ways can you possibly tell people how much money you have or how many women you sleep with before you start sounding boring?

They have mastered the art of releasing trending music, selling out venues and making good returns but to win a Grammy award requires a little bit more substance. Especially in the international categories.

Burna Boy still tries in terms of releasing substantive music which is why he’s the only one out of the “big 3” who has a Grammy for his OWN work but Davido and Wizkid are way too shallow.
everytime Dem dey sing love love, how Rich he is blabla no impact on society trendy daily life na so u wan take win award.oyibo dem tell u say dem no dey love nii grin cheesy wizkid can never be wizman

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by cassidy1996(m): 8:39am On Apr 04, 2022
Carot:
do you listen to any of phil collins michael bolton, the beegees, mavin gaye, peter torch?
yes of course
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Psalmemmy(m): 8:39am On Apr 04, 2022
Dis woman dey like shah khan for mortal kombat dat year..vey hard to beat grin

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by carl90(m): 8:40am On Apr 04, 2022
Angelique Kidjo is still making music? She don't want to retire and leave the stage for the younger artistes. Anyway,congrats to her. She is a legend.
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 04, 2022
heniford2:
everytime Dem dey sing love love, how Rich he is blabla no impact on society trendy daily life na so u wan take win award.oyibo dem tell u say dem no dey love nii grin cheesy wizkid can never be wizman

Exactly. Listen to that Angélique Kidjo’s album and you will understand why she won the Grammy. The lead single was focused on climate change and other global issues. If you know how much climate change matter turns Oyinbo people on now you will understand.

You want them to now leave that and give the Grammy to someone singing about his kele wey Dey fly come meet am for Shitta? Lol. Let’s be real.

Kidjo understands the game better than Wizkid because she’s a veteran. Maybe one day his music will mature too but we are still waiting for that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by ghostboy: 8:47am On Apr 04, 2022
Benny6944:

One reason he doesn't deserve it if not your silly hatred. Stf
hatred for who?

Bro you capping
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Carot: 8:49am On Apr 04, 2022
cassidy1996:
yes of course
whats your fav phil collins song
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by enemmo(f): 8:51am On Apr 04, 2022
Afolavid:

She is a global artiste

Stage in Paris, New York, Austria etc

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Carot: 8:51am On Apr 04, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

Exactly. Listen to that Angélique Kidjo’s album and you will understand why she won the Grammy. The lead single was focused on climate change and other global issues. If you know how much climate change matter turns Oyinbo people on now you will understand.

You want them to now leave that and give the Grammy to someone singing about his kele wey Dey fly come meet am for Shitta? Lol. Let’s be real.

Kidjo understands the game better than Wizkid because she’s a veteran. Maybe one day his music will mature too but we are still waiting for that.
wiz can never mature. He's a clown
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Ijaya123: 8:51am On Apr 04, 2022
Afolavid:

She has only won 4 and lost in 8 other nominations

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Carot: 8:56am On Apr 04, 2022
heniford2:
na her Toto at work cheesy grin another thing her song dey always make sense die if translate it undecided
i will slap you. Its a woman of substance you are talking about like that. Idiot
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by kurlz(f): 8:56am On Apr 04, 2022
Natural441:
Omo see finish shocked burna boy get luck say then no nominate this woman when he won his Grammy,but everywhere go good congrats to Davido too,Davido fc go get mouth now grin

But I love burnaboy,na person wey know good music go understand

Someone talk wizkid no follow Davido back on Instagram because e think say he go win Grammy today no be talk am ooo

Make we end am here
Like for davido share for wizkid

Guy wetin u fin go there. I don go check. Mutchewwwww grin cheesy grin
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by heniford2: 8:56am On Apr 04, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

so true wizkid na pure cruise to love song him just dey waste him time
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by cassidy1996(m): 8:58am On Apr 04, 2022
Carot:
whats your fav phil collins song
I have so many, but I will give to "That's Just The Way It Is" this track takes me away
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by heniford2: 8:59am On Apr 04, 2022
Carot:
i will slap you. Its a woman of substance you are talking about like that. Idiot
why are you always too serious with life cheesy grin why!
Re: Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category by Carot: 9:03am On Apr 04, 2022
Karleb:

Fela died in 1997.

In those days people vibe to Fela songs in parties.

Fela uses similar beats because he sings a particular genre of song.

Baba, you don't know much about music.

Fela was never interested in those awards, there are ways to make your song fit for Grammy.

Let me burst your head, Femi Kuti is one of the most nominated Nigerians for the Grammy award.

Femi is Fela's son, if Femi could get nominated doing his father's style of music, what makes you think Fela, the father would not win Grammy if he was interested?
what are you saying? what is he saying? Address the issue and stop beating around the bush. Mtcheww

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Strictly - Edo Gospel Music! / Which Of These Musical Groups Would You Bring Back? (Throwback Photos) / The Headies Awards 2018, 12th Edition (Full List Of Nominees)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.