Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

I Just Deployed My First App - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Just Deployed My First App (1701 Views)

Just Deployed My App / How May Days It Takes Google Play Publish Your First App In Playstore? / My First App 'transparent Calculator' Is Now On Google Playstore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Deployed My First App by Hightser: 8:50am On Apr 04, 2022
hello devs,

i'm so happy to wake up this morning to see my app in production on playstore.

well, started my flutter journey last year from UX design.
mobile development is way more difficult than web, the challenges are enormous, now i see why web is more popular.

first you need a high budget system / Pc for mobile development, also, imagine waiting for almost two weeks for google to
verify your app before its pushed to production, something you can just deploy a website in minutes and its up and running.

Well, i published a notes taking app to test the waters, one of my major projects, rila studios app is still in development but i think i have a clearer view on how app deployment on playstore works now.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rilatech.bioself

Write and keep notes, stories and keep secret or important messages to yourself with this app securely using email and password, please download and leave a positive review for me. thanks

7 Likes

Re: I Just Deployed My First App by LikeAking: 9:37am On Apr 04, 2022
Hightser:
hello devs,

mobile development is way more difficult than web, the challenges are enormous, now i see why web is more popular.

first you need a high budget system / Pc for mobile development, also, imagine waiting for almost two weeks for google to
verify your app before its pushed to production, something you can just deploy a website in minutes and its up and running.

Well, i published a notes taking app to test the waters, one of my major projects, rila studios app is still in development but i think i have a clearer view on how app deployment on playstore works now.

Write and keep notes, stories and keep secret or important messages to yourself with this app securely using email and password, please download and leave a positive review for me. thanks

Good!
Re: I Just Deployed My First App by thursdayfri: 9:43am On Apr 04, 2022
Congratulations boss.
Look into the edit functionality, it's creating new post instead of updating.

Well-done boss

3 Likes

Re: I Just Deployed My First App by Hightser: 9:53am On Apr 04, 2022
LikeAking:

Good!

Thank you chief�
Re: I Just Deployed My First App by Hightser: 9:55am On Apr 04, 2022
thursdayfri:
Congratulations boss.
Look into the edit functionality, it's creating new post instead of updating.

Well-done boss

Thank you for the review chief, I’m glad you noticed, that shit gave me tough time, I will work and update it in subsequent release. Thank you.
Re: I Just Deployed My First App by EbenG(m): 6:12pm On Apr 04, 2022
Hightser:
hello devs,

I want to commend your effort. You try wella.

Seriously, I agree with you. e no easy for us mobile devs. I'm also an Android(kotlin) dev too. I'm learning alot
These are some of my main observation though:
1. Maybe you could handle the backstack well during sign up/sign in. If you click on sign up /sign in text below sign up/login button continuously, you will notice that those previous screens are stored in the back stack. if you try to navigate back, it's takes you to the previous screens again and again.
2. If I'm logged in, if I click on the log out button, I'm taking to the sign in screen. However, if I click on the back button from my phone, I'm in again. Normally, you should clear the back stack.
3. Maybe you could also work on validating users' email. As it is now, users can use any (valid or invalid) email and it will log in

In general, you have done a great job, kudos

5 Likes

Re: I Just Deployed My First App by Hightser: 7:14pm On Apr 04, 2022
EbenG:

Seriously, I agree with you. e no easy for us mobile devs. I'm also an Android(kotlin) dev too. Though I'm still learning.
1. Maybe you could handle the backstack well during sign up/sign in. If you click on sign up /sign in text below sign up/login button continuously, you will notice that those previous screens are stored in the back stack. if you try to navigate back, it's takes you to the previous screens again and again.
2. If I'm logged in, if I click on the log out button, I'm taking to the sign in screen. However, if I click on the back button from my phone, I'm in again. Normally, you should clear the back stack.
3. Maybe you could also work on validating users' email. As it is now, users can use any (valid or invalid) email and it will log in

Hello chief, thanks greatly for your feedback, I appreciate.

1. The sign up and login options, if I understand what you are saying, it stacks instead of pops, well, I really must have used the push option in flutter instead of pop, except you inspect the screen, there is really no other way to know if it’s stacking, I will look into this, thank you.

2. Well, the signout option signs you out of your google account from the fire base backend, if you click on back option and you are still able to perform functions, then there must be a function I'm yet to implement, I will look into it too.
3. Using firebase as a backend, firebase takes care of the formatting of the email addresses, on the flutter front end, all I did was put a validator to detect when there is really a value in the form field, also, I have checked many big platforms that use email as signup option, once you type anything, say gggdddhhh@gmail.com, so far it's formatted with the ‘@’ sign and dotcom, you can sign up, that's why verify email is mostly added, but that costs money in firebase and was necessary in my project.
Thanks for your review chief, how is kotlin development? Why kotlin though?

1 Like

Re: I Just Deployed My First App by ERCROSS(m): 2:12am On Apr 05, 2022
Hightser:
hello devs,

In my opinion, except you are using a dynamically typed language, I would say backend is harder than mobile app development. I consider Flutter to be the easiest mobile app development framework. For you to conclude, in spite of this, that backend is simpler, I guess you are not really a backend dev

Try compare the average salary of mobile app developers to non-mern/mean/lamp stack backend developers around the world and see for yourself.
Re: I Just Deployed My First App by Vicboy1(m): 6:14am On Apr 05, 2022
Nice
Re: I Just Deployed My First App by Millerules(m): 8:19am On Apr 05, 2022
ERCROSS:

In my opinion, except you are using a dynamically typed language, I would say backend is harder than mobile app development. I consider Flutter to be the easiest mobile app development framework. For you to conclude, in spite of this, that backend is simpler, I guess you are not really a backend dev

Salary can’t be the only judging criteria. If you’ve tried Web (including Backend) and Mobile (Native IOS and Android) you’ll easily find Mobile Dev has a very steep learning curve why most folks dump it along the way and settle for web.

But since you mentioned salary, that of a Full stack Mobile Dev is still more than a Full stack Web Dev.

1 Like

Re: I Just Deployed My First App by Millerules(m): 8:24am On Apr 05, 2022
Hightser:
hello devs,

Congratulations! You can do better. Work on the back-stack as someone mentioned above. I will also suggest working on some unique project. Best!
Re: I Just Deployed My First App by GreatCracker(m): 9:16am On Apr 05, 2022
Your number is switched off.
Send me a dm.
Hightser:
hello devs,

Re: I Just Deployed My First App by ERCROSS(m): 11:02am On Apr 05, 2022
Millerules:

Salary can’t be the only judging criteria. If you’ve tried Web (including Backend) and Mobile (Native IOS and Android) you’ll easily find Mobile Dev has a very steep learning curve why most folks dump it along the way and settle for web.

But since you mentioned salary, that of a Full stack Mobile Dev is still more than a Full stack Web Dev.

I just checked Glassdoor and the salary of full stack Web dev is slightly higher than that of a cross-platform mobile developer.
And note that the OP was talking about Flutter, which I consider to be a simpler framework than native Android/iOS

1 Like

Re: I Just Deployed My First App by Hightser: 8:56pm On Apr 05, 2022
EbenG:

Seriously, I agree with you. e no easy for us mobile devs. I'm also an Android(kotlin) dev too. I'm learning alot

Hello chief, thank you very much for your reviews, I wanted to reply since but I think I was shadow banned.

1. Yes, the back stack, I think must have used the push instead of the pop of the flutter navigators, I will work on that.

2. Logout feature is handled by fire base backend, if you logout and still able to perform some functions, then there must be a function I should implement.

3. Email formatting is handled by fire base backend, all I had to do was put a validator to monitor when there is a value in the formfield, in any website at all, once you type in something, say: gajfbavdj@gmail.com it will sign up so far the ‘@‘ sign is there followed by dotcom that’s why there is option for email verification which is not needed in my case.

Thanks for the review boss, I appreciate.

How is kotlin development, why kotlin though?
Re: I Just Deployed My First App by Hightser: 8:59pm On Apr 05, 2022
ERCROSS:

Try compare the average salary of mobile app developers to non-mern/mean/lamp stack backend developers around the world and see for yourself.

Well, I wasn’t talking about salary actually, I was talking about the learning curve like someone said, ordinary getting an emulator running could take you ages if there is an error in setup.

To start web development, I can use my phone, low budget pc, easier to deploy, these and more are the issues I tried to raise sir, in all, it’s not easy anywhere.
Re: I Just Deployed My First App by Hightser: 8:59pm On Apr 05, 2022
Millerules:

Congratulations! You can do better. Work on the back-stack as someone mentioned above. I will also suggest working on some unique project. Best!

Thank you chief, I appreciate!

1 Like

Re: I Just Deployed My First App by TheTraveler: 9:12pm On Apr 05, 2022
Great job, your system specs?
Re: I Just Deployed My First App by EbenG(m): 12:29am On Apr 06, 2022
Hightser:

Hello chief, thank you very much for your reviews, I wanted to reply since but I think I was shadow banned.

1. Yes, the back stack, I think must have used the push instead of the pop of the flutter navigators, I will work on that.

2. Logout feature is handled by fire base backend, if you logout and still able to perform some functions, then there must be a function I should implement.

3. Email formatting is handled by fire base backend, all I had to do was put a validator to monitor when there is a value in the formfield, in any website at all, once you type in something, say: gajfbavdj@gmail.com it will sign up so far the ‘@‘ sign is there followed by dotcom that’s why there is option for email verification which is not needed in my case.

Thanks for the review boss, I appreciate.

How is kotlin development, why kotlin though?

3. Yes, firebase will log out the instance of such user. It's now left to you the developer to navigate the user to a specific screen after logging out, and clearing the backstack

With Kotlin, you can easily interact with the native APIs of Android. Easier interaction with native apis means better performance. Also, Kotlin is Google's first class citizen for native Android dev. With that, it has full support from them already.

I understand that with flutter, you can easily build beautifully animated UIs and even target both Android OS and iOS when developing apps.

But lately, we've gotten a deep fresh air in terms of building native UI using the new Jetpack Compose toolkit. Unlike the old android view system where we have to use xml to design our UI then use code to interact with them. With Jetpack Compose, there's a shift in paradigm to a declarative one. From what I've seen, it's very much similar to flutter's way of building UI. I understand it quite new, but it's the future of developing UI with kotlin (only kotlin, no xml).
Talking about targeting iOS with Kotlin?? It's possible now with Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile(KMM).
Anyways, I might also one day switch to flutter and have a taste. Technologies will always keep changing

2 Likes

Re: I Just Deployed My First App by marilynplummer3: 10:40am On Apr 06, 2022
Cool dude! I'm happy for you, I'm just doing this, so suddenly someone is interested at developing apps I will share a link with u https://anadea.info/blog/develop-an-app-like-uber
Re: I Just Deployed My First App by Hightser: 11:32am On Apr 06, 2022
TheTraveler:
Great job, your system specs?

Thank you chief.

16gb ram, 512 ssd
3ghz processor
Apple MacBook pro 2014

1 Like

Re: I Just Deployed My First App by pvpzonevc: 1:27pm On Oct 04, 2022
Listen, this is really cool. I hope you use various modern technologies as well as aws devops best practices to optimize your work as a developer? It really helps to save a lot of time and automate many processes, especially when deploying an application. I think that you should read more information about it.
Re: I Just Deployed My First App by mocochannel: 11:12pm On Oct 04, 2022
Hightser:
hello devs,

Re: I Just Deployed My First App by Hightser: 11:24pm On Oct 04, 2022
[quote author=mocochannel post=117278263][/quote]

Hello bro, thanks for pointing this out, apparently I uploaded apps from some developers from India and google said it violated their policy and my app was taken down alongside, I have since registered another account but this link isn’t valid again. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: I Just Deployed My First App by mocochannel: 1:29am On Oct 05, 2022
Hightser:

Hello bro, thanks for pointing this out, apparently I uploaded apps from some developers from India and google said it violated their policy and my app was taken down alongside, I have since registered another account but this link isn’t valid again. Thank you.
ok
Re: I Just Deployed My First App by qtguru(m): 10:02am On Oct 05, 2022
Hightser:

What does this mean ?
Re: I Just Deployed My First App by Victordarey02: 1:01pm On Oct 05, 2022
Congratulations bro, I have a work for you
Contact me on WhatsApp: 08143936748
Re: I Just Deployed My First App by islamics(m): 9:17pm On Oct 05, 2022
qtguru:

What does this mean ?
grin grin
Usually, if you check Upwork, there are lots of gig requiring one who has play store account to upload their app. Seeing those gig always, made me conclude that, most of those app might be violating the play store policy.
Re: I Just Deployed My First App by Hightser: 10:56pm On Oct 05, 2022
qtguru:

What does this mean ?

They paid me to upload their apps on my google playstore account, I did and google banned the account and all the apps including mine removed
Re: I Just Deployed My First App by qtguru(m): 11:03pm On Oct 05, 2022
Hightser:

They paid me to upload their apps on my google playstore account, I did and google banned the account and all the apps including mine removed

Did you contest it or reach out to Google to restore your account ? What was the reason they sent for the ban, or they didn't give any ?
Re: I Just Deployed My First App by Hightser: 1:17am On Oct 06, 2022
qtguru:

Did you contest it or reach out to Google to restore your account ? What was the reason they sent for the ban, or they didn't give any ?

They gave reasons, the apps from the Indians were up to 15, google kept flagging them till up to 10 were flagged then the account deactivated, it’s been months, I have actually opened a new account, I didn’t bother appealing as the apps flagged were many

(1) (Reply)

Reward Yourself With A Storyline For A Game / How To Deobfuscate .net Exe File | .net Deobfuscate / Tchat (a Scaled Down Java Version Of Yahoo Messenger For Nigeria.)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.