Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,683 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi (5558 Views)

Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur / IBB, Friends Have Abandoned Me, I Need Help – Omoruyi / Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by Chyz2: 3:32am On Jul 05, 2011
[size=15pt]Let Boko Haram have their own country, says Omoruyi[/size]

On July 5, 2011 · In News

By SIMON EBEGBULEM

BENIN – FORMER Director-General of the Centre for Democratic Studies, CDS, Prof. Omo Omoruyi, has advocated for a referendum that will enable the Boko Haram religious sect have their own country in order to avoid further bloodshed.

Querying the call by some Nigerians for the granting of amnesty to members of the sect, Prof. Omoruyi, argued that so far Nigerians were yet to know “exactly” what the sect was agitating for, unlike the former militants in the Niger Delta, who fought marginalisation.

He said: “I think there is a lot of confusion about the demands of the militants in the Niger Delta and the Boko Haram of the North. In Niger Delta, we knew what the problems were, who the people were and what they were talking about; being injustice arising from the oil in the area.

“They did not hide it. Sometimes, it manifested as resource control, sometimes, derivation. They cried that the oil is dooming in the Niger Delta but the money is booming in the North.

“For Boko Haram, is theirs political? Are they saying that they want Afghanistan in Nigeria? The solution I think is lets give them that part of the country for them to live in the stone age. There is nothing you are going to do than allow that to reign there. Let us have a referendum and give them the opportunity to run their state according to the Sharia. I believe so.

“We don’t know these people. They have not come out to say who they are. Therefore, when somebody said that they want to dialogue, dialogue with who? When they say give amnesty, amnesty to who?

“You can talk with militants you know are fighting for their oil, because you know it belongs to them and it is true.

“There is a monogramme I am putting in place now which I will dedicate to Chief Edwin Clark because of what he did for the oil producing areas over the years; what I called the politics of oil.

“If oil were found in Kano or Enugu or Ijebu Ode, the Nigerian history would have been different today. If today oil is found in Borno, Nigeria will be divided.

“There was a time Gambo Jimeta, the former Inspector-General of Police said that Northerners will go to war over oil. Any attempt to deprive the North of the oil, they will go to war. Why should they go to war?

“So rather than grant amnesty to faceless people, let there be a referendum and give them their own country.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/let-boko-haram-have-their-own-country-says-omoruyi/
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by Chyz2: 3:35am On Jul 05, 2011
Prof. Omoruyi, may your days be long. cool
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by dempeople(m): 3:45am On Jul 05, 2011
Na only Boko Haram? Let us Ndiigbo have our own country too. 9ja don tire everyone.
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by aljharem3: 3:46am On Jul 05, 2011
silly talk from a silly man

instead of looking for solution, he is talking about breaking up

does he know the amount of people mend has kill alone
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by Onlytruth(m): 3:57am On Jul 05, 2011
I'm shocked! shocked

This man is actually talking sense for the first time in his political life.

I would take his repentance. cool

1 Like

Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by NegroNtns(m): 4:19am On Jul 05, 2011
Listen to the tactic Omoruyi is using. He's attempting to bait them to step out of their hole.

1. He said we don't have a face! In other words present a spokesperson for facetime.

2. We don't know what they want! In other words, let's open dialogue to hear your demands.

3. Let's give them their demand. In other words, you are close to getting your trophy, just few more things to do to get you there - Come out and talk!

Appointing a factime spokesperson to go in negotiation will be their doom.

I hope they fall for the trick, but I doubt their mind is that simple.
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by HisExcellencyBKNjoku: 9:44am On Jul 05, 2011
That was a good tactics from prof.
Boko harams wants sovereignity, they should come and get it. And stop hiding under their fears
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by Afam4eva(m): 9:49am On Jul 05, 2011
This guys should just go and form their own country. They have made this country ungovernable.
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by djustice: 10:34am On Jul 05, 2011
He is right.

Under the UN charter, they have a right to independence.

Let us do what Orkar and co asked for in those days, only now we will join parts of Borno to them. We should just flush out all the Fulani and Kanuri from the rest of the country, and let them all go to Northwest and Northeast, so that they can enjoy their sharia, bomb each other to satisfaction and enjoy their 72 virgins in peace.

They have kuku said they don't want to live under Nigeria constitution, they want a sharia country. They don't want to read book. they want to be free to bomb everywhere in their place. I agree with prof. Give them their own country, but if they venture stepping on Nigerian soil after that? Shege dan buro uba!!!

We distroy them completely. annahalate them totally. Conquer them militarily and treat them as a slave.
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 05, 2011
alj_harem:

silly talk from a silly man

instead of looking for solution, he is talking about breaking up

does he know the amount of people mend has kill alone

when southerners kill,we pretend and improvise like nothing happened but when mallams kill,everybody begins to talk about secession.How is MEND different from Boko haram ?
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:47am On Jul 05, 2011
Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, outside Nigeria. cool
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by londoner: 12:15pm On Jul 05, 2011
@bluetooth, the talk about succession came about due to the quite specific demand of Boko Haram themselves to have a sharia state.

THEY are the ones requesting a separation from Nigeria as we know it, even in the face of the fact that Nigeria has some states which have already adopted sharia. We either give a right to succession or the rest of Nigeria has to consider becoming a sharia state for them to stop the killing.

Mend has killed yes, but at least we know their plight, and that they have a point abeit not a justification. We also know that the Niger Delta struggle has been a long one, in which they tried peace FIRST. Boko Haram came out guns and bombs blazing with no clear intention of peaceful anything.

Most Nigerians can actually sympathise with MEND (minus the militants) as the damage to the ND has been very clear for many years.
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by mallorca(m): 12:52pm On Jul 05, 2011
true talk
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by aljharem3: 12:55pm On Jul 05, 2011
~Bluetooth:

when southerners kill,we pretend and improvise like nothing happened but when mallams kill,everybody begins to talk about secession.How is MEND different from Boko haram ?

thank you

afam4eva:

This guys should just go and form their own country. They have made this country ungovernable.

when mend made the country ungovernable for yaradua, obj i did not see anyone talk then

now that boko haram is doing there own back, u are talking as if they are the worse people in the world

hypocrites
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by bisiaet: 1:11pm On Jul 05, 2011
I think this Prof. has a big problem and so myopic in reasoning upon all his education does he have a mental problem. I just hate people who fear too much this is a statement of a complete coward and a fearful man who is ready to let go even his certificate he labour for because of intimidation.

How on heaven could he of all people be advocating to this kind of s i l l y talk am so surprise this man has spoken through his nose. So if Boko Haram are given their country so what about the Biafra who has be asking for this for long with no yielding? So what about the Bakassi people who their fathersland was snatched from them through a shady and a lie deal called f u c k i n g world court judgement? What about the Niger delta? So what about the Oduduwa states? All these people are in this struggle for long how come NOW is this animal called Boko demon that now deserve a nation?

Prof am dissappointed in you of all people I thought you are a man enough.
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by ektbear: 1:16pm On Jul 05, 2011
Unfortunately, I doubt that they want their own country. They probably want to turn Nigeria into an Islamic Sharia state, not separate. Separating means no cash, and thus poverty
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by iz2much: 1:20pm On Jul 05, 2011
Yes.
I think Thats the best solution
they should have their own country and lets see what will happen
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by leoodoguje: 1:26pm On Jul 05, 2011
its only a fool that will talk of amnesty for the boko haram. the best thing that will happen to Nigeria now is the division, but it must be divided base on all the geo - political zones so that the HAUSA'S will have more time to eat their G/nut, Gworo and may be garden egg. In fact only the northerners should go off and lets see if Niger Republic will not be a reacher country than them. Prof. i buy your ideas.
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by deluxecad(m): 1:40pm On Jul 05, 2011
On a very practical and realistic note, I go with the prof. Let them have their own country. Nigeria is not one and it's high time we embraced the truth. Let, if possible, Nigeria divide along all possible lines-religious, tribe, tongue and so on.

I am being real here.
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 05, 2011
dem_people:

Na only Boko Haram? Let us Ndiigbo have our own country too. 9ja don tire everyone.
Igbo land is landlocked so making a country out of igbo land wont be possible and besides we guys from the midwest(edo and delta) wont support you ppl because we remember how u igbos practically forced us and threatened us to join biafra during the biafra war.
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by donsteady(m): 1:45pm On Jul 05, 2011
Republic Of Boko Haram, logo of the lag will have 72virgins and Bomb
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 05, 2011
I agree with Prof Omoruyi, and I get the substance of what he was trying to say with so much tact and political correctness.

It is ridiculous and perhaps hypocritical for anyone to compare Mend and Boko Haram. MEND had a clear focus, clear agitation, and were systematic and methodical in their operations. Boko Haram on the other hand, is an amorphous rag-tag guerrilla group of rebels without a cause. As with most things northern/muslim, blind senseless rage beclouds reasoning - leading to idiotic, unsystematic extremism that is an end in itself rather than a means to an end. The result is chaos all over the place.

What exactly is Boko Haram's defining purpose? Do they even have a principal, driving motive (like MEND) other than the incredibly daft mantra that 'Western education is sin'? They want Nigeria Islamized and governed strictly according to Sharia Law (just like the Taliban in Afghanistan), is that a sensible agitation in a diverse country like Nigeria? Is there any method to such madness? Is it possible for any sane person to be sympathetic to such a pathetic group and its preposterous agitation? Boko Haram is an exemplification of the unfortunate mixture of illiteracy and Islamic extremism that bedevils northern Nigeria. As usual, they would just engage in uncoordinated and unsystematic violence without clear objectives as to what point the violence is supposed to make. How can you compare such a band of illiterate, extremist lunatics to the well-organized and sophisticated militant organization called MEND?

These fools should just be allowed to secede and form their own country so that they can talibanize themselves as much as they want. They and their people do not contribute any value to Nigeria anyway - not human nor natural resources; nothing.
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 05, 2011
let them be granted freedom to nationalise to afganisthan , period

FORKING BACKWARD PEOPLE
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by KnowAll(m): 2:00pm On Jul 05, 2011
[size=16pt]The Professor got it wrong, never in the history of human beings, has man ever been contented, give them their own country and you think they would rest on their laurels. Fowl big time fowl, we are all witness to what is presently going on in South Sudan, insurgency within South Sudan sponsored by North Sudan, You think your enemy would be happy you have your own country and they have theirs, your enemy’s ultimate goal especially within the context of  Nigeria is to complete Othman Danfodio’s desire of spreading Islam in the space or confinement known as Nigeria from the Sahel to the Atlantic Ocean which was sadly or happily disrupted depends on how you see it by the British.

This is a no brainier, if the Taliban has been left alone in Afghanistan, they would by now have overthrown any legitimate Government in Pakistan and probably causing serious mayhem in Northern India. So all you proponents of divisive politics of independence, don’t be fooled when you are afforded ‘a phantom independence’ such independence is just a strategy for the enemy to re-stork, re-enforce and unleashed unfathomable destruction at a latter date.[/size]
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by kingchild(m): 2:03pm On Jul 05, 2011
@ alj_harem Abi na boko haram bi your name self.

I don't know you, but you seem to me as one who reasons from his anus, a typical mallu ( cow) what connection does MEND and BOKO HARAM has? Movement for emancipation of Niger Delta, Whats is the full meaning of BOKO HARAM, clueless being. I no blame you, I blame Lord Luggard for the amalgamation in 1914 if not wetin for join Human Being and COWS. Rubbish
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 05, 2011
the prof has said the truth albeit in a crude way less expected for someone of his person
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by ak47mann(m): 2:07pm On Jul 05, 2011
Welcome development cool cool
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 05, 2011
Anyway i disagree with the prof.Why would we want such a group of backward ppl who believe killing women is a virtue as our next door neighbours.Cmon we can do better than that.
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by proffmanue(m): 2:35pm On Jul 05, 2011
Prof. Omoruyi, u hv said it all. the earlier these cave men hv their "Islamic Republic Of Boko Haram," the better for the southerners
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by gaddafe(m): 3:14pm On Jul 05, 2011
~Bluetooth:

MEND is totally different from Boko Haram in every way. MEND did not target innocent civilians or Youth corpers in the name of MEND even though we know some innocent civilians were casualties, it was never deliberate.Boko Haram, lipsrsealed
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 05, 2011
fork boko haram and their islamic sponsors, both home and abroad
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by Bash92(m): 3:29pm On Jul 05, 2011
Prof na true u talk let them have there own country where killing of civillians is a pleasure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Should Read This... Maybe Your Eyes Will Be Opened / Governor Abiodun Advocates Mass Mobilisation For APC Registration Exercise / Sambisa Forest: Obi Was Right (sreenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.