Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,220 members, 7,836,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi (5565 Views)

Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur / IBB, Friends Have Abandoned Me, I Need Help – Omoruyi / Proscribe CPC now, Prof. Omoruyi tells INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by erayo2GCA(m): 3:38pm On Jul 05, 2011
Republic of Boko Haram glory be to God,
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by gungume: 3:41pm On Jul 05, 2011
SOUTHERNERS ARE NOW CALLING FOR DIVISION NOT KNOWING THAT NIGERIA STARTED SINCE BEFORE THE OIL BOOM IS JUST BECAUSE OF BAD LEARDERSHIP THAT AGRIC SECTOR AND OTHER SOLID MINERALS FROM NORTH WERE BADLY NEGLECTED. LET ME TELL THOSE PEOPLE THAT ARE SAYING ''OUR OIL'' IS THIS THEIR OWN EFFORT? THEY ARE JUST BLESSED BY NATURE AND CAN RUN DRY ANY MOMENT. IF THE COUNTRY IS DIVIDED I WANT TO SEE HOW AN IGBO,YOURUBA NIG DELTS WILL PEACEFULLY BECAUSE OF OIL
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by nagoma(m): 4:02pm On Jul 05, 2011
Is Prof Omoruyi that senile? I am disappointed!
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by Logba: 4:03pm On Jul 05, 2011
Lets break the thing. We can then focus on whatever we have as individual units. Development will be rapid as each separated entity will be challenged and there will be compitition. We need it now more than ever.

I wish people will see reasons and need for it

Regrds
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by Logba: 4:07pm On Jul 05, 2011
Nagoma and Gungume are northerners who think separating the country will not be in the interest of the North and yet feel no pains for innocent blood that is being shed as a result of nothern intolerance.
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by valicious1(m): 4:22pm On Jul 05, 2011
ABEG O LET BOKO HARAM NOT HAVE A COUNTRY OF THERE OWN. REASON;;;;;;; IF NIGERIA MAKE THEM SECCEED, THEY WUD SEE NIGERIA AS THERE NUMBER 1 ENEMY WICH MEANS MORE INTERNATIONAL BOMBING
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by dublinkmy6: 4:24pm On Jul 05, 2011
I cannot just understand these northerners tbh. It is either they underwent incomplete metamorphosis/evolution directly from a breed of a cow and a goat. Or those cows their fore- farthers reared passed on animalistic traits to them. If not, hows can one explain their behavior which is more animalistic than human?
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by sunnychuks(m): 4:29pm On Jul 05, 2011
I am not going to join issues here with anybody, at the same time the Professor has right to air his view as it concerns Boko Haram and their mayhem in the country.It is very very unfortunate that Federal Government of Nigeria is trying to legalise organised crime in the country. A situation where by a section of the country took arms against the nation for no just cause cannot be condoned by any responsible government.

What stops the ANPP led government in Borno state in conducting a referendum in the state or giving them a sharia state as demanded by them. There is no doubt that it can easily be done through the state house of Assembly via State laws.

I keep on asking myself and rest of Nigerians this question- why is that government of Nigeria only understands the language of force and criminality?Why are you granting Amnesty to criminals while Innocent people are languishing in Prison. Very soon it will now be a law for armed robbers and criminals to be granted Amnesty after a serious damage to the nation. Granting Amnesty to Boko haram is encouragement for more criminal tendencies and organised crimes in the country since they will enventually be left off the hook.

It is very very unfortunate that south -east part of this country have been clamouring for a country of their own peacefully without using clubs,guns or any form of arms. Yet Federal govt will not hesistate to kill,prison and maim them for airing their views on their prefered status. Enough is Enough.
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by dublinkmy6: 4:42pm On Jul 05, 2011
Let them have their own country! I bet you they will start to think more of sustaining and providing for their numerous wives and children. If they are in Nigeria and are still the poorest tribe compared to other tribes, then imagine them without financcial assistance from Nigeria. Would be very interesting. They will be so poor and if they pose any form of threat, Nigeria can easily annihilate them. No problems.
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by nagoma(m): 5:34pm On Jul 05, 2011
@Logba; Nagoma and Gungume are northerners who think separating the country will not be in the interest of the North and yet feel no pains for innocent blood that is being shed as a result of nothern intolerance.

Logba you are wrong on 2 counts one; "northerners feel no pain for innocent bloodshed"   you cant be more wrong because the BOKO Haram are in a northern city and fighting everybody and the authority, majorrity of the people killed by them are northerners - sons ,daughters, fathers , mothers. The offials killed , district heads, other traditional and religious leaders, imams, are all northerners. They target the police with no discrimination between southerners and northerners. There hit list as they announced include the governors of Borno,Yobe, Bauchi and Gombe all of who are muslims and northerners so northerners feel the pain , they feel the pain in many  ways , the pain of seeing innocent people killed and pain of having their loved ones killed, the pain of having ignorant people like you blaming all muslims and all northerners them for the horrific murders. THe Imams are busy in all mosques painfully admonishing and enlightening people on how abhorrent such murders. You will of couse very much prefer to hold on to your subjective beliefs that condemns everybody (except your tribe )- but especially muslims in the north.

No body is afraid of separating and i am sure Omoruyi is not just suggesting only Boko Haram Separates from Nigeria , read the submission again , there is a wider agenda. Its all about oil . Oil discovered in Nigeria by whitemen and happens to be under some peoples feet and closer to them. The whites are ready to dig it out for a substantial share and after some years the people closer to where the oil is discovered feel that others have to leave the country.

are
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 05, 2011
gungume:

SOUTHERNERS ARE NOW CALLING FOR DIVISION NOT KNOWING THAT NIGERIA STARTED SINCE BEFORE THE OIL BOOM IS JUST BECAUSE OF BAD LEARDERSHIP THAT AGRIC SECTOR AND OTHER SOLID MINERALS FROM NORTH WERE BADLY NEGLECTED. LET ME TELL THOSE PEOPLE THAT ARE SAYING ''OUR OIL'' IS THIS THEIR OWN EFFORT? THEY ARE JUST BLESSED BY NATURE AND CAN RUN DRY ANY MOMENT. IF THE COUNTRY IS DIVIDED I WANT TO SEE HOW AN IGBO,YOURUBA NIG DELTS WILL PEACEFULLY BECAUSE OF OIL
i just want to commend on that bolded,people do talked about the same issue you just highlighted and my answer is NO they will never live in peace BUT less issue to tackle  also easy for the ND to dealt with the remaining yoruba / my people (igbo), infact they will have enough say!   another thing is less problem for the south-they dont have to share money gotten from alcohol to northeners which outlaw that, no body will draw anyone back again cos the north will know fully well that in terms of world affair they are with the middle east while the south will be well known by the westerners that we arent  against them(incase worldwar iii break  grin ) this time around when crisis of politics breaks no one will mislead people that it is religious! see my brother there are millions gain if nigeria breaks even though atimes i personally dont want it for i believe in future a big populous black nation will play a good role for black race!
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by coolgerald: 5:45pm On Jul 05, 2011
I have a dream ,
That one day,
These ruthless manslaughters will have a country of their own where they can practice the act on themselves
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by teskyg: 5:53pm On Jul 05, 2011
True Talk Prof.@ bluetooth .You are free to join the republic of Boko Haram.This is the answer to their agitation.The North has vast land and can accommodate all of them them.They will leave on trees and wear leaves, animals,
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 05, 2011
[size=30pt]Y[/size]
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by ezeagu(m): 6:00pm On Jul 05, 2011
tom28:

Igbo land is landlocked so making a country out of igbo land wont be possible and besides we guys from the midwest(edo and delta) wont support you ppl because we remember how u igbos practically forced us and threatened us to join biafra during the biafra war.

Worry about your own "mid-west" (excluding Anioma) and you won't have to worry about Igbo people carrying you to their country, which will never happen.
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 05, 2011
Bluetooth
when southerners kill,we pretend and improvise like nothing happened but when mallams kill,everybody begins to talk about secession.How is MEND different from Boko haram ?
they fight for something that is 'let me say justifiable' but Boko haram from what i notice on internet is kind of evil! angry i would have been happy if they continue with police headquarters,national assembly/aso rock which i will deceive myself as a REVOLUTION instead they carry it out in drinking joint! church!etc  angry  try and see the different though both is in evil way(killing) but what are they asking for? one is asking for equality in share of their resources while the other is asking for nothing(just to islamise the rest of the country!) guy open ur eyes! dont hate !
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by master2(m): 6:08pm On Jul 05, 2011
proO1:

I agree with Prof Omoruyi, and I get the substance of what he was trying to say with so much tact and political correctness.

It is ridiculous and perhaps hypocritical for anyone to compare Mend and Boko Haram. MEND had a clear focus, clear agitation, and were systematic and methodical in their operations. Boko Haram on the other hand, is an amorphous rag-tag guerrilla group of rebels without a cause. As with most things northern/muslim, blind senseless rage beclouds reasoning - leading to idiotic, unsystematic extremism that is an end in itself rather than a means to an end. The result is chaos all over the place.

What exactly is Boko Haram's defining purpose? Do they even have a principal, driving motive (like MEND) other than the incredibly daft mantra that 'Western education is sin'? They want Nigeria Islamized and governed strictly according to Sharia Law (just like the Taliban in Afghanistan), is that a sensible agitation in a diverse country like Nigeria? Is there any method to such madness? Is it possible for any sane person to be sympathetic to such a pathetic group and its preposterous agitation? Boko Haram is an exemplification of the unfortunate mixture of illiteracy and Islamic extremism that bedevils northern Nigeria. As usual, they would just engage in uncoordinated and unsystematic violence without clear objectives as to what point the violence is supposed to make. How can you compare such a band of illiterate, extremist lunatics to the well-organized and sophisticated militant organization called MEND?

These fools should just be allowed to secede and form their own country so that they can talibanize themselves as much as they want. They and their people do not contribute any value to Nigeria anyway - not human nor natural resources; nothing.
[/quote
korrect talk! These ppl contribute NOTHING. Instead of think and pressurizing the govt on how to turn northern Nigreia to Dubar they are thinking of take us back to stone age country like afghanistan. Foolish set of ppl. I wonder wc koran dey read!ystematic extremism that is an end in itself rather than a means to an end. The result is chaos all over the place.

What exactly is Boko Haram's defining purpose? Do they even have a principal, driving motive (like MEND) other than the incredibly daft mantra that 'Western education is sin'? They want Nigeria Islamized and governed strictly according to Sharia Law (just like the Taliban in Afghanistan), is that a sensible agitation in a diverse country like Nigeria? Is there any method to such madness? Is it possible for any sane person to be sympathetic to such a pathetic group and its preposterous agitation? Boko Haram is an exemplification of the unfortunate mixture of illiteracy and Islamic extremism that bedevils northern Nigeria. As usual, they would just engage in uncoordinated and unsystematic violence without clear objectives as to what point the violence is supposed to make. How can you compare such a band of illiterate, extremist lunatics to the well-organized and sophisticated militant organization called MEND?

These fools should just be allowed to secede and form their own country so that they can talibanize themselves as much as they want. They and their people do not contribute any value to Nigeria anyway - not human nor natural resources; nothing.
[/quote
korrect talk! These ppl contribute NOTHING. Instead of think and pressurizing the govt on how to turn northern Nigreia to Dubar they are thinking of take us back to stone age country like afghanistan. Foolish set of ppl. I wonder wc koran dey read!

Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 05, 2011
aminubako:

[size=30pt]Y[/size]
because that is the only solution! i think nigeria dont have any more money for Amnesty   undecided
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by kpogede77: 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2011
@haj harem
some thing tells me you are being sponsored by Hausa fulani and Kanuri people to create confusion in this forum. Omoruyi spoke the truth and you said he is silly. You think I cannot do what Boko Haram is doing? You people are looking for negotiation abi? When the government finish negotiating with Boko Haram, they will come and negotiate with us as well. We will start killing Hausa indiscriminately too so that GEJ will negotiate with us. If you think that we are afraid then watch and see.
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by Yewe2011(m): 7:55pm On Jul 05, 2011
[QUOTE=tom28]
Igbo land is landlocked so making a country out of igbo land wont be possible and besides we guys from the midwest(edo and delta) wont support you ppl because we remember how u igbos practically forced us and threatened us to join biafra during the biafra war.[/QUOTE]

is this really true?

because there exists a perception that the Igbos were innocent in everything regarding Biafara/Nigerian civil war. I did not know they were aggressors towards other groups like the Edo and Delta peoples. Can you give me more information regarding this because this is new to me.
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by toks2009: 7:57pm On Jul 05, 2011
Quote from: ~Bluetooth on Today at 10:39:57 AM
when southerners kill,we pretend and improvise like nothing happened but when mallams kill,everybody begins to talk about secession.How is MEND different from Boko haram ?

What are they killing? cockroach or mosquitoes?

This is madness of the highest order.
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by AlabaSlim: 8:02pm On Jul 05, 2011
I hear say Boko don dey near Lasgidi smal smal
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by AlabaSlim: 8:03pm On Jul 05, 2011
I hear say Boko don dey near Lasgidi smal smal
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by Kobojunkie: 8:12pm On Jul 05, 2011
Very s-too-pid and immature suggestion! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by nagoma(m): 8:12pm On Jul 05, 2011
There are not many logical arguments on this trail. The oil separatist win. They already have a president so they hit the ground running. I am sure the capitl will be yenagoa as mend will never allow lagos Yorubas to lord over them"  . What about Enugu? That is too far from the oil wells besides they are still guilty of past sins against the minority who now call the shots. But mossop also want their dream realized. OPC say if no capital in lagos they must have Odudua country. Benin where prof omoruyi comes from is too close to the north and in actual fact has no oil although their girls send money from Italy and France. New debate starts , more have to go. Who can grow food? No need we can have oil for food program with america.but they have no yams we can't survive on bread & biscuits & potaoes. we need suya , we need goat meat pepper soup.
NB
The" oil separated north" is always there for the oil for food program.
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by ShangoThor(m): 8:24pm On Jul 05, 2011
It's funny how Nigerians claim to be democratic but would disagree in priciple to the notion of a referendum for Separation or Demarcation.

What a bunch of Phukin hypocrites. The problem is the majority Nigerians do not stand for justice, equity, decency and civil rights, they
stand for EXPLOiTATION of the weak and feeble, hence we have a stalemate, so where is the pROGRESS?

I wash my hands clean off a set of people that adhere to propping up a system that ENSLAVES millions of Africans and have subjected them
to abject poverty. Well you are all getting your just desserts, so live with it.

Let it rain Boko Haram, let it rain!
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by gonzaga: 8:36pm On Jul 05, 2011
I get sick when i see people comparing Boko Haram with MEND. In the case of MEND, the people in the region were exploited, marginalized and abandoned. Their waters were polluted, the land degraded and the people left to their ill fate. In the midst of plenty there was lack, poverty and disease. The people rose against such traetment and the rest as they say is now history. It is pertinent to note that, MEND never attcked a religious body or institution. They were fighting TJF and blowing up pipe lines. It was never a religious confrontation, even though the leaders that were responsible for the years of neglect were from the north. MEND never killed local government chairmen, blew up beer parlour joints or burn mosques. But Boko Haram, has unleashed voilence on all Christians , southerners and government institution. What are they asking for? that we should close down all our universities? tear our degree certificates? change to sharia? all become muslims or what? There is no basis for dialogue here.
The north had always been in power, so u cannot say they were marginalized. They all have sharia in the muslim dominated 12 northern states, is that not enough? The country is always trying to bow to muslim demands simply because of voilence. Now theyhave resulted to bombings just because GEJ is the president. Those asking for dialogue, if Boko Haram ask us to all become muslims, tear our certificates and all go to afghanistan to fight the infidels, will we be ready to meet such demands? You just dont dialogue for the sake of dialogue. Prof is right lets have a referendum just like south sudan, so that those who want to live like beasts can continue to live as they want to. My pity is to the christain minority in the north, they will either be slaughthered over night or turned to slaves. Enough should be enough! The muslims in the south, are they also not muslims? Why is the northern islam soo different?
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by ShangoThor(m): 8:52pm On Jul 05, 2011
Hear, hear
gonzaga:

I get sick when i see people comparing Boko Haram with MEND. In the case of MEND, the people in the region were exploited, marginalized and abandoned. Their waters were polluted, the land degraded and the people left to their ill fate. In the midst of plenty there was lack, poverty and disease. The people rose against such traetment and the rest as they say is now history. It is pertinent to note that, MEND never attcked a religious body or institution. They were fighting TJF and blowing up pipe lines. It was never a religious confrontation, even though the leaders that were responsible for the years of neglect were from the north. MEND never killed local government chairmen, blew up beer parlour joints or burn mosques. But Boko Haram, has unleashed voilence on all Christians , southerners and government institution. What are they asking for? that we should close down all our universities? tear our degree certificates? change to sharia? all become muslims or what? There is no basis for dialogue here.
The north had always been in power, so u cannot say they were marginalized. They all have sharia in the muslim dominated 12 northern states, is that not enough? The country is always trying to bow to muslim demands simply because of voilence. Now theyhave resulted to bombings just because GEJ is the president. Those asking for dialogue, if Boko Haram ask us to all become muslims, tear our certificates and all go to afghanistan to fight the infidels, will we be ready to meet such demands? You just dont dialogue for the sake of dialogue. Prof is right lets have a referendum just like south sudan, so that those who want to live like beasts can continue to live as they want to. My pity is to the christain minority in the north, they will either be slaughthered over night or turned to slaves. Enough should be enough! The muslims in the south, are they also not muslims? Why is the northern islam soo different?
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by gonzaga: 8:54pm On Jul 05, 2011
u only need to look at countries that adopted moderate islam and see how progressive they have become. Look at UAE, KUWAIT, INDONESIA, MOROCCO AND EVEN SAUDI ARABIA. You dont see all these madness. In contrast, look at afghanistan, northern nigeria, iraq, yemen, syria etc. What benefit has sharia given northern nigeria over the rest of us? If sharia were soo good, everyone would have embraced it. Gov Fashola, is a muslim and he did not need sharia in Lagos to bring about development. But these soo called sharia governors, what have they done? They still, commit unspeakable acts of debauchery and then go back to their states and begin to sing sharia. I feel pained when they encourage almajiri and they send their own children to uk and US. they get islamic teachers to teach their children at home, but force others to become almajiris. This is the time for a referendum. Lets all decide how we want to live or even if we want to live togeather.o be by force abeg! Islam in northern Nigeria is soo barbaric. Someone was talking about the killings in the south and how it is watered down and the north, how we escalate theirs. Let me remind him that, there are social crimes and religious crimes. Social crime is what we experience in the south, why waht we have in the north id religious extremism. No grounds for comparism at all,
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by manny4life(m): 9:11pm On Jul 05, 2011
Hey, they can have their own country if they should; if Nigeria divides, I don't know who will suffer the pains the most. Oh well, I guess Mr. Professor was right on this one.
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by gonzaga: 9:15pm On Jul 05, 2011
Nobody is calling for a break up because of oil. It is because of the senseless killings that go on year after year in northern Nigeria. I bet you, if the north can keeo voilence aside, we we all leave as one. Voilence, religious extremism and illiteracy is the bane of the north. A trypical haus man is honest, but thats where it ends. As soon as religion is involved, you will see the beast in that honest man. People are more likely to die as a result of religious voilence in the north than from the combined scourge of malaria, tuberculosis, AIDS and ebola virus. Its soo sad and painful. They smoke, but they dont want another to drink! Why not do ur own let us do our own? must u force us to be like u? Prof i support u 150%.
Re: Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi by nagoma(m): 10:10pm On Jul 05, 2011
Once upon a time there was a football match which ended in a dispute and a fight ensured between the 2 teams. The case ended up in court and the learned judge after hearing both sides asked how many players were in the field. It was answered 22 players. He then asked , how many footballs were there ? They answered - " of course only one football your lordship". the judge grinned and said " there you are this is the cause of your problems - The court orders that 21 more footballs be bought and each player be given his own. Then they will not fight". great judgement isn't it? this is similar to Prof. Omoruyi's judgement -this is the best solution a professor of political science and one time the leading professor of governance in the whole country ( not just niger Delta) when he served as the Director Genral of the National Institute for Democratic Studies under IBB government, can offer. Doesn't Prof know that a nation is a team that requires to be managed by the rule of law and democracy ? - of course he knows ten times better than me. Is he senile? Is it the best solution he can propose? I can accept it from the agberos and the ignorant colleagues here on NL but surely not from Professor Omoruyi.
Having said all that I actually like many here welcome the separation if it will make people happier. But prof knows that separation will have to continues as a solution until there are no more footballs to give individuals to play by themselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kaduna Police Using Force Against Subsidy Protesters? / 32 Countries Of Less Than 40 Million People With Bigger Budget Than Nigeria. / 546 Bills Pending At NASS As 8th Assembly Winds Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.