Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys (30601 Views)

Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) / Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Loses To Angelique Kidjo / Davido Poses With Angelique Kidjo In South Africa As Fans Slam Him Over Tagbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by harmony75: 5:39pm On Apr 05, 2022
The mama voice alone so beautiful.. Wizkid and all other Nigerian musicians are after women body they can't sing any inspirational song lai lai.
Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by Danniedpastor(m): 5:47pm On Apr 05, 2022
PraiseGodNoTime:
This is what worldly music is made up of. Now, to those ignorant ones "what is mother nature?." Those who had gone to underworld and came back alive can relate. The Force is everywhere but, there are some African countries that has a stronger force than the ones in Nigeria, you can work with such people in terms of music and blow.. Let me stop here! @papiwater

Rubbish
Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by Danniedpastor(m): 5:54pm On Apr 05, 2022
NewSoul:

Chapter one grin
She tell me say she want my own
She tell me say joromi Jo
She tell me say she owe my own for meeee
So I go give am what she need

Chapter 2
Flying the kelé wey go cool my mind grin
I won do anything I want tonight
Make we do anything we want tonight
See I go tey, I go tey tey tey tey, oya tey tey tey tey like coté grin

Wizkid na comedian cheesy

Did somebody write and produce this as music?
Anyway, thank God its gospel music all the way for me.
Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by kayo8080: 5:54pm On Apr 05, 2022
If you have ever sat down to watch The Grammys, and you see the kind of people that win...I mean, sit down and watch the whole 3-4 hours of the event, then you will know why Angelique Kidjo won. Hip Hop category asides, the Grammys reward real artists...real musicians...that play real instruments, and those that have deep, meaningful lyrics. It is not about vibes with Grammys.

To be honest, it is only Asa, Burna Boy, and maybe Yemi Alade, and Niniola I feel are Grammy material. Forget pangolo music, we're talking real art...real music.

1 Like

Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by Danniedpastor(m): 5:55pm On Apr 05, 2022
odaniel1:
These societies celebrate their own jor and are partial. Give awards based on what the people feel and that shd be via downloads/streams not what some group of elite individuals think it shd be..

Going by the rubbish you typed... Portable should also win the Grammy
Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by kayo8080: 6:05pm On Apr 05, 2022
Plead:
Wizkid was really dreaming of winning Grammy with the rubbish songs he has been dropping?

Say all you want, 99% of Nigerian musicians sing bullshît. Content 0, beats 0, uniqueness 0.

All they know is making noise about big yansh, love and fine girl. Wizkid will be yapping "she tell me say" in all his songs and expect to win Grammy.

lol grin

2 Likes

Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by kayo8080: 6:08pm On Apr 05, 2022
Kwestionair:

The Americans that win it, how many of them have good lyrics? Is it not about the same boy and girl, sex, money and sometimes weed?
When it comes to Africa they will make you believe it’s by gooooooood lyrics and maturity. Oga Grammy dey only up their criteria when it comes to Africans don’t be deceived.

Asides from the Hip Hop category, if you have ever sat down to watch the Grammys (3-4 hours) and seen the 86 categories, then you will know Grammy is big on real music...as in, people that play real instruments, and people that have deep, meaningful content in their music.

1 Like

Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by shadrach77: 6:11pm On Apr 05, 2022
kayo8080:
If you have ever sat down to watch The Grammys, and you see the kind of people that win...I mean, sit down and watch the whole 3-4 hours of the event, then you will know why Angelique Kidjo won. Hip Hop category asides, the Grammys reward real artists...real musicians...that play real instruments, and those that have deep, meaningful lyrics. It is not about vibes with Grammys.

To be honest, it is only Asa, Burna Boy, and maybe Yemi Alade, and Niniola I feel are Grammy material. Forget pangolo music, we're talking real art...real music.
Add Brymo and Adekunle Gold to that list

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by kayo8080: 6:15pm On Apr 05, 2022
shadrach77:

Yeah, I totally forgot about Brymo.

1 Like

Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by tarantino1: 6:23pm On Apr 05, 2022
Na today I even know say Grammys even hold and that Wizkid's and Burna's Albums were nominated.

grin grin

If there like make there win or lose, I'm unbothered. But what Yemi said is pure trash as the content of her own songs are not any better than the average Nigerian musician.

Wizkid and Burna Boy fans need to grow up ASAP. Trolling the woman for something she has no control no over na complete nonsense.

Foolish group of people all around.
Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by chatinent: 6:43pm On Apr 05, 2022
People tho. Wetin Wizkid dey sing wey fit compare to Angelique?!

Na all those she tell me, baby blablabla?
Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by Solofresh2: 6:49pm On Apr 05, 2022
chatinent:
People tho. Wetin Wizkid dey sing wey fit compare to Angelique?!

Na all those she tell me, baby blablabla?
What is Megan The Stallion and Doja cat singing that made them win a Grammy.
Especially Megan Thee Stallion
Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by Solofresh2: 6:52pm On Apr 05, 2022
Yemi Alade sings rubbish too.She is not in the best position to say this.
Meanwhile,Fela has been singing with great content before he died.How many Grammy did he win

When it's your time to win, not even your enemy can stop you
Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by CSTRR: 6:58pm On Apr 05, 2022
Realist12:
Nigeria youths with entitlements , yes all the nominees tried , but someone has to win it which is an elderly woman ,who's more experienced . Now let's relate this to our local politics.
No.
She produced better work.

Does Buhari produce better work?
Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by CSTRR: 6:59pm On Apr 05, 2022
shadrach77:

Why not add pasuma and obesere too?
And then if you are not done, add portable and small doctor.
Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 05, 2022
Mentorkaryhm:
Music is not only about sound, but also the lyrics that touch the soul.

Most Nigerians doNt listen to music. They just want to hear the sound and vibe.

1 Like

Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by colizee(m): 7:05pm On Apr 05, 2022
Kpangolo?

Madam you are an epitome of kpangolo.
I don't listen to the lady much but she sounds like someone you need to learn a whole lot from.
Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 05, 2022

Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by Ravesbad07(m): 7:24pm On Apr 05, 2022
Go tell grammy committee to return the plague no dey disturb me

Bobxin:

Without regards to Album sales or chart position. That worth noting.
Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by odaniel1(m): 7:28pm On Apr 05, 2022
Danniedpastor:

Going by the rubbish you typed... Portable should also win the Grammy
Who is this frustrated imp?
Have you no fear mentioning me?
Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by MadamOk(f): 8:08pm On Apr 05, 2022
She deserve it
Congratulations to her
Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by Allisgud: 8:53pm On Apr 05, 2022
Yemi alade So if Grammy award is by all that u mention,why the likes of Femi and seun never carry am,who dey listen to kidjo self,u just come out from ur hole dey rant because u dey for the album
Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by Ungodly: 9:08pm On Apr 05, 2022
Plead:
Wizkid was really dreaming of winning Grammy with the rubbish songs he has been dropping?

Say all you want, 99% of Nigerian musicians sing bullshît. Content 0, beats 0, uniqueness 0.

All they know is making noise about big yansh, love and fine girl. Wizkid will be yapping "she tell me say" in all his songs and expect to win Grammy.
well the she tell me say songs got nominated, to be nominated means recognition and that’s a big win if he wins or not, the Fela family that didn’t sing she tell me say, bring out their Grammy plaque let me see. Snoop have zero Grammy award despite having 19 nominations, cardi b that sing ass and boobs all day got about 3-4 gramophone, same as Megan thee stallion, sleep there until your mumu don do… One of the problems we have in Africa and Nigeria to be precise is we like to downplay our own a lot.. Wizkid no send anybody papa sha, he has one Grammy already and with time his shelf would be full of it. So stop capping.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by Blesyn22(m): 9:13pm On Apr 05, 2022
The track "Mother nature" itself explains it all.

It's always on repeat everytime I play it. I immediately connected with it the first time I heard it.

When Burnaboy won his last year, his contents was more than just the sound.

Angelique Kidjo is a living legend. No doubts about that!
Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by Cruziero75: 9:18pm On Apr 05, 2022
What's that in your brain
Realist12:
Nigeria youths with entitlements , yes all the nominees tried , but someone has to win it which is an elderly woman ,who's more experienced . Now let's relate this to our local politics.
Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by Freelance363: 9:43pm On Apr 05, 2022
They think it's all these things they release as albums which can't even outlive 3months.
They need to learn how to write better lyrics,no be to dey shout upandan.
Kidjo,Ride on,abeg.

1 Like

Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by aalangel(f): 10:04pm On Apr 05, 2022
Witches!!!!
Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by Realist12: 10:07pm On Apr 05, 2022
CSTRR:

No.
She produced better work.

Does Buhari produce better work?
i didn't talk about Buhari, since you mentioned him I'm referring to Tinubu , he has a track record or producing results. Lagos state was almost reversed to the status of other Nigeria state pre democracy, Tinubu changed that and revitalize the Lagos we are enjoying today, Buhari's government is a failure but should we judge Tinubu with that?

1 Like

Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by tiger28: 11:41pm On Apr 05, 2022
The ALMIGHTY Grammys......hmm.
Yemi Alade, Burna Boy,Davido, Wizkid, Tems and EVEN Angelique Kidjo ALL have YORUBA Blood......And the funny thing?
No Noise or Chest beating!!!!!!
Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by stasius: 12:14am On Apr 06, 2022
Most Nigerian artists sing meaningless songs with zero message passed.

That is why fela is loved worldwide. His messages.
Re: Yemi Alade Reveals Why Angelique Kidjo Won At The 64th Grammys by jimcaddy(m): 2:56am On Apr 06, 2022
Yemi is right. They just don't give Grammy Awards based on views and number of YouTube downloads. What impact does your music have in the African continent. What message is your music album trying to pass across? Many Nigerian artists think that as long as it is a club banger and it has 10 million hits on YouTube, then the music is automatically meant for a Grammy award. This is a wake up call to our artistes. We need to do better. Pass better messages across. Not money, women shaking yansh and popping champagne. Naaah.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ada Ameh’s Family Announces Burial Date / Dayo Amusa Celebrates Her 32nd Birthday With New Photos / Tonto Dikeh Wows In Blonde Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.