Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives (1907 Views)

How To Link Your NIN With MTN Online (full Steps) / 5 Best Mobile Phones To Present To Your Girlfriend / Why Globacom Badly Wants 9mobile; But May Not Get It - The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by godoluwa(m): 9:50am On Apr 05, 2022
Nigerians need to brace up and be well prepared for the imminent surge in crime rate due to current directives to telcos.

The Federal government got it wrong with the directives given to telcos to disconnect any sim card not linked to NIN & terminate access to make calls on such lines.

It will be impossible for people to make calls while in distress because their lines have been barred from making calls.

In the event of an accident or fire emergency, it will be impossible to make calls, which will result in the loss of lives and properties.

What the government was supposed to do was to ensure we have at least 2 registration points in every local government ward across the country, thereby making it easier for people to register. I remembered vividly that we do have many registration and polling booths during an election, so why can't we do the same for NIN?

Millions of Nigerians paid as much as 1,000 naira even at government local government secretariat just to have their NIN done. Even after over six months they've paid and registered, their NIN is not yet out.

Kidnappers can easily use their victim's mobile phones to reach out to family members of their victims, so thinking that NIN will be used to track kidnappers down is nothing but a huge joke.

Carefully looking at everything, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages of the current ban on lines, but time shall tell.

The current ban will cause lots of Nigerians to lose billions of Naira today alone, and telcos will not be spared either.

Let's wait & see the outcome.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 05, 2022
Ok, we’ve heard you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by Officialgarri: 10:07am On Apr 05, 2022
Useless opinion. Very useless opinion.

The request to get NIN linked has been on for two years, y'all took it as an unnecessary move and a joke.

It is total madness that an approach is used repeatedly without yielding result, yet you are of the opinion that linking NIN to SIM cards is a joke. So tell us how else to do it

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by godoluwa(m): 10:23am On Apr 05, 2022
Officialgarri:

The request to get NIN linked has been on for two years, y'all took it as an unnecessary move and a joke.

It is total madness that an approach is used repeatedly without yielding result, yet you are of the opinion that linking NIN to SIM cards is a joke. So tell us how else to do it

Stop crying lad

I am not affected by the directives. I am just speaking for other affected Nigerians.

9 Likes

Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by ignis: 10:32am On Apr 05, 2022
Biased opinion

1 Like

Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by HarunaWest(m): 10:35am On Apr 05, 2022
godoluwa:

Stop crying lad

I am not affected by the directives. I am just speaking for other affected Nigerians. 
Affected or not affected that dude up there is right. You post no follow

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by godoluwa(m): 11:04am On Apr 05, 2022
HarunaWest:
Affected or not affected that dude up there is right. You post no follow

My opinion

Not yours

2 Likes

Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by godoluwa(m): 11:05am On Apr 05, 2022
ignis:
Biased opinion

Based on ur opinion
Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:34am On Apr 05, 2022
IT IS A BIG LIE,RATHER NIN TRACKDOWN CRIMINALS FAST,SO STOP PROMOTING FALSEHOOD. undecided
Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by Onyewarri(m): 12:16pm On Apr 05, 2022
Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by godoluwa(m): 12:16pm On Apr 05, 2022
PARADIZEPRIEST:
IT IS A BIG LIE,RATHER NIN TRACKDOWN CRIMINALS FAST,SO STOP PROMOTING FALSEHOOD. undecided

Let's wait n see
Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 05, 2022
You wanted to sound intelligent but you sounded like someone who is not intelligent.

6 Likes

Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by ehnukiny: 1:24pm On Apr 05, 2022
godoluwa:

Stop crying lad

then speak for yourself

1 Like

Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by HYDEEE: 1:25pm On Apr 05, 2022
godoluwa:
[s]Nigerians need to brace up and be well prepared for the imminent surge in crime rate due to current directives to telcos.

The Federal government got it wrong with the directives given to telcos to disconnect any sim card not linked to NIN & terminate access to make calls on such lines.

It will be impossible for people to make calls while in distress because their lines have been barred from making calls.

In the event of an accident or fire emergency, it will be impossible to make calls, which will result in the loss of lives and properties.

What the government was supposed to do was to ensure we have at least 2 registration points in every local government ward across the country, thereby making it easier for people to register. I remembered vividly that we do have many registration and polling booths during an election, so why can't we do the same for NIN?

Millions of Nigerians paid as much as 1,000 naira even at government local government secretariat just to have their NIN done. Even after over six months they've paid and registered, their NIN is not yet out.

Kidnappers can easily use their victim's mobile phones to reach out to family members of their victims, so thinking that NIN will be used to track kidnappers down is nothing but a huge joke.

Carefully looking at everything, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages of the current ban on lines, but time shall tell.

The current ban will cause lots of Nigerians to lose billions of Naira today alone, and telcos will not be spared either.

Let's wait & see the outcome.[/s]
Mumu talk.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by obo389(m): 2:41pm On Apr 05, 2022
godoluwa:

Stop crying lad

Let the affected Nigerians worry about their issue.
Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by Viraltrends123: 2:45pm On Apr 05, 2022
Are you sure you used your brain while typing this nonesense, because this your post smells like anus, that's why I'm asking

2 Likes

Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by Apus: 3:22pm On Apr 05, 2022
Wetin you smoke OP.
Rather that. Promote crime, I think the directive will reduce it. Moreover I believe FG has tried with creating enough awareness and the process very Simple.
Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by Mooh247: 3:50pm On Apr 05, 2022
cool

Very lame thread...

Kidnappers are commiting crime with unregistered SIM and SIM card not connected to NIN

Bank criminals are commiting fruad and stealing people's money with Unregistered unlinked SIM and NIN

Yet you want the whole responsible people to suffer for your choice of not registering for NIN since 5 years of its existence

Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by oilmane(m): 4:03pm On Apr 05, 2022
godoluwa:
Nigerians need to brace up and be well prepared for the imminent surge in crime rate due to current directives to telcos.

Alright, how long has the NIN registration been on ground? Is it not over a year? What about the sim registration? How many times has it been extended? It is only those who wish not to register that has not done so, they should bear the consequence.
Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by godoluwa(m): 4:17pm On Apr 05, 2022
oilmane:

Alright, how long has the NIN registration been on ground? Is it not over a year? What about the sim registration? How many times has it been extended? It is only those who wish not to register that has not done so, they should bear the consequence.
It's a matter of time
Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by Coldie(m): 4:24pm On Apr 05, 2022
NIN won’t stop crime though, there’s nothing stopping the criminals from using the kidnap victims phone to call for ransome

1 Like

Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by Mooh247: 4:44pm On Apr 05, 2022
Coldie:
NIN won’t stop crime though, there’s nothing stopping the criminals from using the kidnap victims phone to call for ransome

Kidnapped victims phone can be traced to its last mast of signal through the mobile phones unique IMIE
Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by Coldie(m): 4:49pm On Apr 05, 2022
Mooh247:

Kidnapped victims phone can be traced to its last mast of signal through the mobile phones unique IMIE
If it’s that easy even the kidnappers phones will be traced too

1 Like

Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by Mooh247: 5:06pm On Apr 05, 2022
Coldie:

If it’s that easy even the kidnappers phones will be traced too

If you want to check how simple it is ... Take any stolen phones Imei number and go to any Nigeria Police State Command, CIB or Area Command with just ₦15,000 and check

No time for too much talk, if your phone's location isn't traced then I will refund you your expenses with compensation

Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by Coldie(m): 5:53pm On Apr 05, 2022
Mooh247:

If you want to check how simple it is ... Take any stolen phones Imei number and go to any Nigeria Police State Command, CIB or Area Command with just ₦15,000 and check

No time for too much talk, if your phone's location isn't traced then I will refund you your expenses with compensation

LoL… I did it last 2years police thief my money phone I no see

1 Like

Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:05pm On Apr 05, 2022
godoluwa:

Y’all whine about everything, FG has extended and extended and extended the deadline countless times. I wonder how you guys come up with these watery narratives.
Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by adeoyekay(m): 7:06pm On Apr 05, 2022
Officialgarri:

fact
I did not belong to any political party but to be sincere this present government is trying her own effort inorder to prevent crime rate in the country.
Believe me no approach the government can use people will still come out by proving it wrong. I think the government has tried enough by extending the linking of sim with nin right from 2020.
Ours is just to cooperate with the government, mere looking at the situation of Nigeria nowadays one can boldly tell that both government and citizens suffer in the hand of evil people. We read and heard it on the news that some government officials members has been attacked , kidnapped by this bandits

I pray this Nin stuff will bring out a positive result.
Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by godoluwa(m): 7:15pm On Apr 05, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

Y’all whine about everything, FG has extended and extended and extended the deadline countless times. I wonder how you guys come up with these watery narratives.

Well, I'm not affected

Mind you, I used the auto generated nin from BVN since about 2yrs and till this moment my line is working very fine

Time shall tell to see sense in what you tagged as nonsense post
Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by adeoyekay(m): 7:23pm On Apr 05, 2022
godoluwa:

Well, I'm not affected

Mind you, I used the auto generated nin from BVN since about 2yrs and till this moment my line is working very fine

Time shall tell to see sense in what you tagged as nonsense post
No one tagged your post as nonsense
You as a person which approach do you think the government can use to curb crime in the country?
Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by adeoyekay(m): 7:27pm On Apr 05, 2022
We pray good thing come out from this
I personally am fed up with the state of the country ,to travel now is a menace as you will start generating fear within you.
Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by eleko1: 7:27pm On Apr 05, 2022
angry may the deity smite patami with blindness angry.I did my NIN @ GLO Allen Ave,those bastard just grin angry
Re: NIN Brouhaha! Rate Of Crime Will Increase Badly With Present Directives by eleko1: 7:31pm On Apr 05, 2022
angry Dem dashed this Patami Degree beyond his brain capacity sad.Dumb Minister.
Even if Patami is dumb upstairs, MTN,GLO,ETISALAT,AIRTEL suppose use their heads sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Celtel Internet/Wap Settings: Get 'em Here- / Yejide Onabule: Nigeria's Total Telecom Revenue To Increase To $11.14 Billion / Used Vertu Signature Rhv-2 For Sale Exclusive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.