Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color (23003 Views)

The Jollof And Fried Rice With Moi-Moi I Bought ₦4100. / What's The Best Seasoning To Use For Better Attractive Aroma For Stew / Mamador Celebrates Fried Rice Day With Its Seasoning Cubes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Sabadon(m): 4:29pm On Apr 06, 2022
Dem don dey use another seasoning to color aside curry.., some use lasor fried rice spice but e too dey green, the rice go come be like wetin dey perform photosynthesis

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by SmileDance(f): 4:29pm On Apr 06, 2022
marhez43:
Please.at my age i dont knw how to cook fried rice somebodi shuld help me please
23yrs cant cuk fried rice abeg help me
pm me lol
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 06, 2022
I prefer my eba and combined okra soup with orisirisi inside the soup
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by fitinwell: 4:32pm On Apr 06, 2022
Ok
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Psady(m): 4:34pm On Apr 06, 2022
Olam09:

Do you want me to screenshot this picture from the site you downloaded it from.. why living a fake life?
Oga! read Well again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by jubrilELsudan: 4:36pm On Apr 06, 2022
KUKUNASE JUICE

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Annwrites: 4:41pm On Apr 06, 2022
For taste and colour - Curry/tumeric
Also for taste - Chicken Broth

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by IslamIncest: 4:43pm On Apr 06, 2022
Mercychen:

Nope it doesn't affect it. In fact it makes it taste better because tumeric is curry. It is one of the ingredients used in making curry. So, it serves as curry for me as I don't need curry again and a little goes a long way.

Thanks but this is not my rice. Just used it to show you what my fried rice looks like.

Lalasticlala please let's know what others use to achieve their fried rice color. At least some tips for the Easter menu menu grin.

Hope you are good in bed just like the way you described your food.

your type.. I eat your food and bed you good. grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Deicide: 4:47pm On Apr 06, 2022
The only fried rice I trust is my best friend fried rice and my mum fried rice

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 06, 2022
Proudlynaija:
1. What is the secret of that enticing light greenish color of Nigerian fried rice?
2. Which is best for frying the vegetables, butter or vegetable oil?

Picture source: cookpad.com/ng

blend spring onions, green ata rodo and green bell pepper and add to the raw rice before you cook.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by sonssyo: 5:02pm On Apr 06, 2022
Proudlynaija:
1. What is the secret of that enticing light greenish color of Nigerian fried rice?

Larson fried rice,,add taste and makes it look yummy grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:03pm On Apr 06, 2022
foodlums in d building!
cool
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Vicogrin(m): 5:04pm On Apr 06, 2022
marhez43:
Please.at my age i dont knw how to cook fried rice somebodi shuld help me please
Send a PM make I help you out
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by alexvic12: 5:17pm On Apr 06, 2022
Hi, ProudlyNaija, Mercychen, and Pocohantas.

I have a question. Kindly give your opinion and answers. Thanks

I want to stop cooking with artificial seasoners (Maggi, knorr and co). I want to know any natural seasoning mixture to use.

Maybe a blend or mix of several herbs and natural flavors. I'd be very grateful for specific directions, pointers, or even complete recipe and steps.

Thanks!

P.S: I heard sea salt is heathier than the common table salt we use. Is that true?
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by BotherMleeper(m): 5:21pm On Apr 06, 2022
Proudlynaija:

This colored jollof rice you people are calling fried rice is blasphemous.
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Padipadi(m): 5:25pm On Apr 06, 2022
Mercychen:
First and foremost, I don't like my fried rice looking this color. I like that rich high lemon color and I achieve this by using Tumeric.

I also don't like frying my vegies because it makes them too soft and soggy, melting into the rice. I like them crunchy and fresh so its the last thing I add to my rice after the rice is done. I just add and cover to simmer with heat of the rice a few mins, then bring it down. That way, everything stays popping.

Attached is a picture of the color of my fried rice any day.
Excuse me, that's not fried rice. That's semi-jollof rice.
Proudlynaija, the greenish spring onion & green beans are the ones that changes the food colour to light lemon green. And you can use vegetable or butter oil. All join nothing spoil. If you wan do finishing, extract plenty coconut water & add to it. The more the coconut water, the less the real water, salt & Maggi you ll use cos you v to feel that coconut flavour in the rice. It's the best type of rice ever.
The basic fried rice ingredients are
1. Green beans
2. Sweet corn
3. Liver
4. Spring onions
5. Coconut water (though if you use this, it can also be called coconut rice)
6. Oil.
If you know any, add.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Enskynelson(m): 5:33pm On Apr 06, 2022
Olam09:

Do you want me to screenshot this picture from the site you downloaded it from.. why living a fake life?
Read again. The person only said that is her own colour anyday (giving the picture to show the colour). I didn't see where she said it was her rice.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by doscar(m): 5:45pm On Apr 06, 2022
alexvic12:
Hi, ProudlyNaija, Mercychen, and Pocohantas.

I have a question. Kindly give your opinion and answers. Thanks

I want to stop cooking with artificial seasoners (Maggi, knorr and co). I want to know any natural seasoning mixture to use.

Maybe a blend or mix of several herbs and natural flavors. I'd be very grateful for specific directions, pointers, or even complete recipe and steps.

Thanks!

P.S: I heard sea salt is heathier than the common table salt we use. Is that true?

Mixture of several herbs like Fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, parsley, oregano, tarragon, dill, chives, garlic, basil, curry leaves and so many more

For spices there are numerous: coriander, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds, star anise, anise seeds, cardamom, ginger, black peppercorn, cumin, nutmeg, and many more

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by adecz: 5:47pm On Apr 06, 2022
✨✨✨ ☺️☺️☺️

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Elizmife: 6:03pm On Apr 06, 2022
Mercychen:
First and foremost, I don't like my fried rice looking this color. I like that rich high lemon color and I achieve this by using Tumeric.

I also don't like frying my vegies because it makes them too soft and soggy, melting into the rice. I like them crunchy and fresh so its the last thing I add to my rice after the rice is done. I just add and cover to simmer with heat of the rice a few mins, then bring it down. That way, everything stays popping.

How do you achieve the color with tumeric
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by TheGift: 6:27pm On Apr 06, 2022
Proudlynaija:

This is how I get my rice colored like and tasting like fried rice in 4 easy steps

1. Pre- parboil the rice for like 5 minutes in hot water to get out the starch

2. Parboil with Fresh green peas and a mix of blended green bell pepper (the big ones) , fresh “black” pepper , (i.e like the regular small red pepper but the green ones) with some curry in chicken stock. This will give it the fried rice color , even before you fry the rice. By this time the rice is 80% cooked.

3. In the following order , in vegetable oil, fry a mix of onions, diced liver, carrots, green beans, green pepper, spring onions (all diced) and some sweet corn, seasoned with salt, knorr chicken cubes, thyme (or rosemary leaves) and some extra curry.

4. Stir fry (not boil ) the parboiled (almost cooked) rice into the mix until everything is evenly mixed- on low heat (That’s why it’s called fried rice, and this is way it lasts longer). Do this for about 5-10 minutes until you are satisfied with the outcome.

All the best. Thank me later. smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by phemmyfour: 6:28pm On Apr 06, 2022
Mercychen:

Too much color....less is more

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Spechialone(f): 6:29pm On Apr 06, 2022
Proudlynaija:

Op i love fried rice with a light hue as yours

...modidfied.
1. The quantitity of either Ducros curry, Tiger curry or Tumeric you use in saucing your meat, goes a long way to determine the hue you'll get ( some people don't use any of the above seasoning, but rely on only the natural colouring from the veggies)

2.I prefer groundnutoil for frying the veggies. I use butter when the rice is almost done by spreading a liitle on top of the rice and covering the pot without stirring, then leave for about 7 mins on low heat...I do stir when the water is completely dried, i don't like sticky fried rice
* Fried rice must not be overcooked
*That your Chicken is dope, looks deep fried and not dry
*Weekend serenade loading...

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 06, 2022
Olam09:

Abeg, no com disgrace my girl here. She is a Chef if you don't know. She cooks well, a mouth watering delicacies in you don't know. She is a Topical Biafran igbo woman; hardcore!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 06, 2022
doscar:

Mixture of several herbs like Fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, parsley, oregano, tarragon, dill, chives, garlic, basil, curry leaves and so many more

For spices there are numerous: coriander, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds, star anise, anise seeds, cardamom, ginger, black peppercorn, cumin, nutmeg, and many more

Alexvic12

Here's a good array of options to choose from.

You can get most of these from big stores or malams that sell fried rice ingredients.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 06, 2022
Elizmife:

How do you achieve the color with tumeric

Get the powder tumeric.
Add a little to the boiling rice. Voila!

Remember, a little goes a long way.
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 06, 2022
Golan007:

Where's the chicken or turkey?

My friend, edit that picture.

Not my pics.

phemmyfour:
phemmyfour:

Talk true. If they place both rice before you, which one would you naturally go for?

Anyways that's tumeric for you. Reason you need only just tiny bit to color it. I guess this person used too much.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Preciousppearl(f): 6:46pm On Apr 06, 2022
Curry and your green vegetables gives that light green color.. unripe green hot pepper, little from the green part of ur spring onion, peas, green pepper n green beans.
Frying the veg's it depends on what taste I wish to achieve, None is better than the other.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Healthrelatedjo: 6:58pm On Apr 06, 2022
marhez43:
let's get married and I'll teach you for free
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Theresamay: 7:02pm On Apr 06, 2022
Proudlynaija:

use Amawonda fried rice spicy
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by doscar(m): 7:08pm On Apr 06, 2022
Mercychen:

Alexvic12

Here's a good array of options to choose from.

You can get most of these from big stores or malams that sell fried rice ingredients.

@Alexvic12
A good stock is the base of any sauce, soup and stews. Best way to get flavorful stock is to use bones of the proteins: meat, veal, duck, chicken, fish, quail...the bones are very flavorful! With this flavorful stock, in combined with your mixed herbs and spices then you don't possibly need stock cubes.

Mind you the stock I am talking about is not your regular stock.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Today Is International World Egg Day! / Children's Birthday Cakes / What Are Low Carb Nigerian Foods?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.