Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color (23032 Views)

The Jollof And Fried Rice With Moi-Moi I Bought ₦4100. / What's The Best Seasoning To Use For Better Attractive Aroma For Stew / Mamador Celebrates Fried Rice Day With Its Seasoning Cubes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by juniorstar(m): 7:23pm On Apr 06, 2022
Proudlynaija:
1. What is the secret of that enticing light greenish color of Nigerian fried rice?
2. Which is best for frying the vegetables, butter or vegetable oil?

Picture source: cookpad.com/ng
Tumeric

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by funshint(m): 7:36pm On Apr 06, 2022
Mercychen:
First and foremost, I don't like my fried rice looking this color. I like that rich high lemon color and I achieve this by using Tumeric.

I also don't like frying my vegies because it makes them too soft and soggy, melting into the rice. I like them crunchy and fresh so its the last thing I add to my rice after the rice is done. I just add and cover to simmer with heat of the rice a few mins, then bring it down. That way, everything stays popping.

Attached is a picture of the color of my fried rice any day.
I hate uncooked Vegetables....if you give me that; you'll eat it yourself.
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by alexvic12: 8:42pm On Apr 06, 2022
Thanks!

doscar:

Mixture of several herbs like Fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, parsley, oregano, tarragon, dill, chives, garlic, basil, curry leaves and so many more

For spices there are numerous: coriander, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds, star anise, anise seeds, cardamom, ginger, black peppercorn, cumin, nutmeg, and many more
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by alexvic12: 8:43pm On Apr 06, 2022
Thank you!

Mercychen:

Alexvic12

Here's a good array of options to choose from.

You can get most of these from big stores or malams that sell fried rice ingredients.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by alexvic12: 8:44pm On Apr 06, 2022
I'll check this suggestion. Thanks so much.

doscar:

@Alexvic12
A good stock is the base of any sauce, soup and stews. Best way to get flavorful stock is to use bones of the proteins: meat, veal, duck, chicken, fish, quail...the bones are very flavorful! With this flavorful stock, in combined with your mixed herbs and spices then you don't possibly need stock cubes.

Mind you the stock I am talking about is not your regular stock.
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Bbbw: 8:53pm On Apr 06, 2022
Oh
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Bobbyjay001(m): 9:05pm On Apr 06, 2022
FalseProphet1:
Use ajino motor and the aronma of your rice would reach the heavens.

This I have seen.

Ajinomoto ko, Vedan or A One ni undecided
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by geedimple(f): 9:08pm On Apr 06, 2022
Nice package am into sales of spices and condiments will be interested in the distribution.

Yes, you are correct, Turmeric is a vital content in curry powder that not only gives a nice taste, but also gives colour to your rice. The curry powder I use is #Camsy Curry powder. Camsy products are hygienically packaged, have great taste and are NAFDAC approved. They have a range of products from curry powder to Garlic powder, mixed spice, etc.

Distributors are currently needed nationwide. Contact Camsy Foods on their website[www.camsyfoods.com] or whatsapp: 08068657647[/quote]
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by NotoriousBiggyS: 9:17pm On Apr 06, 2022
Mercychen:
First and foremost, I don't like my fried rice looking this color. I like that rich high lemon color and I achieve this by using Tumeric.

I also don't like frying my vegies because it makes them too soft and soggy, melting into the rice. I like them crunchy and fresh so its the last thing I add to my rice after the rice is done. I just add and cover to simmer with heat of the rice a few mins, then bring it down. That way, everything stays popping.

Tumeric inside fried rice? Damn , why do we have tumeric rice then, it obvious You're not a chef either.

Op, don't listen to this man he's not a chef

Tumeric will overuled other ingredients inside your fried rice because tumeric is Very strong odourly, and will turn it to tumeric rice instead of fried rice.
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Kobojunkie: 9:29pm On Apr 06, 2022
Elizmife:
How do you achieve the color with tumeric
If you get Tumeric on your hands, your hands will stay color for a period. undecided
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Kobojunkie: 9:31pm On Apr 06, 2022
juniorstar:

Tumeric
Tumeric has a golden color, not a greenish color.

The color he wants is from the fried vegetables he uses - green pepper, onions, etc. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by WhizdomXX(m): 9:39pm On Apr 06, 2022
Proudlynaija:
1. What is the secret of that enticing light greenish color of Nigerian fried rice?

1. Nora green peas/pepper and curry.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Jacksparrow7(m): 9:44pm On Apr 06, 2022
Mercychen:

what of jollof rice color ingredient?
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Cazzim(m): 9:54pm On Apr 06, 2022
marhez43:
Please.at my age i dont knw how to cook fried rice somebodi shuld help me please
23yrs cant cuk fried rice abeg help me

Is a pity, especially to your boyfriend or husband to be
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 06, 2022
Jacksparrow7:
what of jollof rice color ingredient?

Red bell pepper ( Tatase) and tin tomato paste.
If you want it to be Soo red, add spice City powder; the stew and jollof flavor.
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by chimaxx: 10:57pm On Apr 06, 2022
Use fung yue (For you) fried rice seasons and thank me forever.

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by lonelydora: 5:29am On Apr 07, 2022
Proudlynaija:

If you cook fried rice of this colour for me, I will pour it to your face. This is not the colour of the fried rice I know.
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by yomislim: 5:32am On Apr 07, 2022
Dshocker:

Buy enough data and learn from YouTube
as a man, that's exactly where I learn it from even baking.

I turn out fine at the first try.
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Wendy80(f): 7:23am On Apr 07, 2022
Add turmeric while cooking your chicken/meat and you will get that rich colour for your fried rice.
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by 77up(m): 7:31am On Apr 07, 2022
Olam09:

Do you want me to screenshot this picture from the site you downloaded it from.. why living a fake life?
Sadist , go ahead and screenshot now and we will clap for you undecided

Can't you read and stop embarrassing yourself, she already said he just used the picture tongue
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Michella25: 8:15am On Apr 07, 2022
I like to use Spicity fried rice spice or Nora fried rice spice,
I prefer to use vegetable oil.
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by micahsarkas: 8:58am On Apr 07, 2022
I found some easy and best Fried Rice recipes on cookpad with various spices and seasoning- see here for a few options

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by qekng40(f): 9:09am On Apr 07, 2022
I innovated something myself, it makes the rice color turn lemon and its quite straight forward.

Tumeric for me is a no no grin
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by jamilatunau: 9:17am On Apr 07, 2022
I have Fried rice recipe I shared on Cookpad some time ago check it out
https://cookpad.com/ng/r/11477544

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by faithfull18(f): 10:23am On Apr 07, 2022
Dshocker:

Op i don't know between you and the devil who is more wicked?...Because i am salivating right now,considering eating good food is my hubby.

I don't joke with something like this
It's not just your hubby, it is your wifey.
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Dshocker(m): 10:28am On Apr 07, 2022
faithfull18:

It's not just your hubby, it is your wifey.

Typo error
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Believer09: 12:21pm On Apr 07, 2022
Good day my name is Dabor frank please I need your help please I’ve been given a quick notice out of my apartment am 23 yrs I play football please I need your help no amount is too small
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by Shrimriya11(f): 12:45pm On Apr 07, 2022
Please.at my age i dont knw how to cook fried rice somebodi shuld help me please
23yrs cant cuk fried rice abeg help

Same here o
Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by camsyfoods: 3:56pm On Apr 07, 2022
Mercychen:

Wow your products? That's cool.

Hope they are affordable though.

Yes they are my products and are very affordable. Which one will you like to try out? Contact me via whatsapp: : 08068657647

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by jamilatunau: 7:09pm On Apr 08, 2022
See some correct fried rice recipes here o, just pick your choice �
https://newsletters.cookpad.com/en/ng/weekly-menu/.html%20fried

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color by ama19: 11:06pm On May 05, 2022
Proudlynaija:

I used Tumeric powder to achieve the distinct colour. Kindly view my video for details. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL6HRLJd4v8

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Children's Birthday Cakes / (PHOTO) Introducing New Recipe- GREEN EBA A.k.a 'ebbage'. / Popular "Mama Ekere" Eatry In Enugu Burnt To The Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.