Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Announcing Scholarship For Students - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Announcing Scholarship For Students (3600 Views)

Unilorin Pro-chancellor Dies Weeks After Announcing VC Designate / Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students / Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Announcing Scholarship For Students by cochtrane(m): 12:48am On May 08, 2022
Scamwatcher:

Very good of you Sir for this initiative but beware that some of the participants may likely play a fast one on you by submitting more than one entries. It's a possibility.
Infact,some just registered few months ago, some few weeks ago and even one registered 2 days ago and his/her only comment is the summary he/she puts here.
I'm not pointing any accusing finger to anybody but just saying what we have seen severally on this forum. If you make a rule that any newly registered monikers will not be allowed please stick to it.
Kudos
Thanks. I'll note this
Re: Announcing Scholarship For Students by Johnchrix(m): 7:27am On May 08, 2022
I'm Talking about Euler’s formulaTheorem.Euler’s formula, polyhedral version.

Let P be any polyhedron topologically equivalent to a sphere. Let V be the number of vertices, E the number of edges and F the number of faces of P. Then V-E+F=2.A graph is said to be a simple graph if it is an undirected graph containing neither loops nor multiple edges. A graph is a plane graph if it is embedded in the plane without crossing edges. A graph is said to be planar if it admits such anembedding.

Theorem (Euler’s formula, graph version).Let G be any simple plane graph. Let V be the number of vertices, E the number of edges and F the number of faces (alternately, the number of connected sets in the complement) of G. Then V-E+F=2.

Cc cochtrane
Re: Announcing Scholarship For Students by cochtrane(m): 3:32pm On May 08, 2022
Additional submissions:

Alexaonfleek
Godsownfc
changein2020
VillageBus
Maryjane001
Johnchrix

This has officially ended now. Results will be published between 15th and 17th of May. Goodluck smiley
1. If your name is not listed on the first post, you have not been entered in this competition.
2. If you haven't sent ID, please do. I may be reaching out between now and 15th to reconfirm each person's ID.

4 Likes

Re: Announcing Scholarship For Students by cochtrane(m): 2:03am On May 19, 2022
Results are out!

I have posted my assessments below of each person's contribution. Sadly, I could not find one essay without significant grammatical errors. You guys should have done better with QC'ing your entry before submission. Anyways, results of the winners will be posted later in the day. Watch this thread.

If you submitted an essay and your name is not here, then you very likely did not follow instructions by posting a summary of your essay on this thread.

Feedback

Addme ==> Poor grammatical structure. Sometimes off point
Alexaonfleek ==> Largely off point. Some grammatical errors
Benblaq ==> Not original
changein2020 ==> Mostly off point. Many grammatical errors
Duchessree ==> Mostly unrelated to the two propositions. Not original
EmkayOfficial ==> Method is known https://www.cuemath.com/numbers/fraction-to-decimal/. No expansion of known method.
Godownfc ==> Mostly off point. Some grammatical errors and inadequate grammatical structures
JasperjNr ==> Not bad. Some grammatical errors.
Johnchrix ==> Not original
Kingkyle1 ==> Not nearly on point. Some grammatical errors
Kreddy ==> not substantive. A lot of grammatical errors
Lastbornbuns ==> Nearly off point. Some spelling errors. Some grammatical errors.
Lima98 ==>Not original
Maryjane001 ==> Started well, but soon went off point. Some grammatical errors.
MrHistorian ==> Nearly always on point. Lack good transitions. No conclusion. Some grammatical errors.
Olowomi11 ==> Very good. A lot of potential for better development. Could make stronger impact. Poor punctuation. Some grammatical errors.
seankafor ==> Good premise, but not well constructed. Poor structure. Some grammatical errors
Tekahashi ==> Very imaginative. Good idea. But poor grammatical structure for the most part. Poor punctuation.
VillageBus ==> Introduction not well developed. Sometimes off point. Some grammatical errors.
yungevvy ==> Mostly off point. Poor punctuation. Some grammatical errors.

2 Likes

Re: Announcing Scholarship For Students by Nobody: 5:34am On May 19, 2022
cochtrane:

I have posted my assessments below of each person's contribution. Sadly, I could not find one essay without significant grammatical errors. You guys should have done better with QC'ing your entry before submission. Anyways, results of the winners will be posted later in the day. Watch this thread.

If you submitted an essay and your name is not here, then you very likely did not follow instructions by posting a summary of your essay on this thread.

Feedback

I was one of the candidates that submitted first....I was so much in a hurry to submit fast.....Never knew you would give an extension,that's the reasons for likely typos and poor punctuations cry
Re: Announcing Scholarship For Students by Tekahashi: 12:40pm On May 19, 2022
cochtrane:

Feedback

sorry for that sir, if I knew there would had been more time, I would had went through my work again, I didn't enter on time
Re: Announcing Scholarship For Students by EmkayOfficial(m): 4:26pm On May 19, 2022
Wow!
Sir, mine has a different format and clearly shows the formulas involved in the conversion compared to that on the site (cuemath). I developed that table format and formulas myself, so as to give a clearer view/understanding of the Fraction-Decimal resolution.

That is the major reason I titled it "Fraction-Decimal Resolution Table"

I'll be glad if this clarification is looked upon favourably.
Thanks Sir.

1 Like

Re: Announcing Scholarship For Students by cochtrane(m): 7:23pm On May 19, 2022
I’d like to thank everyone for taking out time to participate in this competition. Though it was not as intense as I expected it to be, there were still good submissions which showed sufficient creativity. My only grouse is that I couldn’t find an essay without extremely poor punctuation and/or very poor grammatical structure. There was ample time to get things right (more than 4 weeks), but it appears most people just made half-hearted attempts to turn in something. This is not impressive and frankly should not be rewarded. Naturally, it would mean there are no winners since none of the entries meet the required bar. However, not rewarding you guys for some of your work would perhaps be even worse.

This means I’m introducing a new twist. I’m cutting all prize money by half. I hope this will serve as motivation for you guys to take the next competition more seriously and try your best to turn in excellent work.

The winners this time are:
1st place ==> Olowomi11 ==> Prize money : 50k
1st runner-up ==> MrHistorian ==> Prize money: 10k
2nd runners-up ==> JasperjNr, Tekahashi, VillageBus ==> Prize money: 3.333k (split three ways)

Winners will receive a mail from me shortly requesting their details for transfer of the prize money. Winners will be strongly vetted to make sure they are students, because that was also a requirement for entry.
Good luck!

6 Likes

Re: Announcing Scholarship For Students by Johnchrix(m): 7:33pm On May 19, 2022
cochtrane:
I’d like to thank everyone for taking out time to participate in this competition. Though it was not as intense as I expected it to be, there were still good submissions which showed sufficient creativity. My only grouse is that I couldn’t find an essay without extremely poor punctuation and/or very poor grammatical structure. There was ample time to get things right (more than 4 weeks), but it appears most people just made half-hearted attempts to turn in something. This is not impressive and frankly should not be rewarded. Naturally, it would mean there are no winners since none of the entries meet the required bar. However, not rewarding you guys for some of your work would perhaps be even worse.

This means I’m introducing a new twist. I’m cutting all prize money by half. I hope this will serve as motivation for you guys to take the next competition more seriously and try your best to turn in excellent work.

Winners will receive a mail from me shortly requesting their details for transfer of the prize money.
Good luck!

Boss please let it reach me, I'm very broke at the moment hare in school. Thanks n congrats to the winners
Re: Announcing Scholarship For Students by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 19, 2022
cochtrane:

Winners will receive a mail from me shortly requesting their details for transfer of the prize money.
Good luck!

Thanks so much Sir
I really hope to do better next time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Announcing Scholarship For Students by Quicksilver5: 8:05pm On May 19, 2022
cochtrane:

Good luck!
the essay I submitted was not graded
Re: Announcing Scholarship For Students by MrHistorian: 8:30pm On May 19, 2022
First runner up. Not bad. I really need to do better next time (especially since you deemed all entries below average).

Thanks a lot for the opportunity, Cochtrane.

When will the next competition be?

1 Like

Re: Announcing Scholarship For Students by MrHistorian: 8:35pm On May 19, 2022
Olowomi11:

Thanks so much Sir
Congratulations boss.

Which "better" you wan do again? Nah you carry first position nah. cheesy (Just joking ooh)
Re: Announcing Scholarship For Students by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 19, 2022
MrHistorian:

Congratulations boss.

Which "better" you wan do again? Nah you carry first position nah. cheesy (Just joking ooh)

Lols
Na the 100k i dey eye my brother
But i think some typo errors and punctuations ishh made out of hurry fvcked me up

Next time,I'm tryna go so perfect
Much effort next time my bro
Congrats too

1 Like

Re: Announcing Scholarship For Students by Addme: 9:06pm On May 19, 2022
Congrats to the winners.

You are doing well sir @Cochtrane. God will continue to replenish your pocket.

1 Like

Re: Announcing Scholarship For Students by Duchessree(f): 9:29pm On May 19, 2022
Congrats to the winners. Thanks also @Cochtrane.

I will do better next time.
Re: Announcing Scholarship For Students by Quicksilver5: 10:44pm On May 19, 2022
Olowomi11:

Thanks so much Sir I really hope to do better next time
congrats,remember me in paradise

1 Like

Re: Announcing Scholarship For Students by Lima98(f): 11:22pm On May 19, 2022
Olowomi11:

Thanks so much Sir
congratulation bros
Re: Announcing Scholarship For Students by JasperjNr: 5:22am On May 20, 2022
Thank you so much sir for the opportunity and the prize. I have gotten mine. It's indeed motivation to try harder and do better. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Announcing Scholarship For Students by cochtrane(m): 2:26pm On May 20, 2022
By now, everyone should have received their prize money.
Thanks for participating. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Announcing Scholarship For Students by Quicksilver5: 2:39pm On May 20, 2022
cochtrane:
By now, everyone should have received their prize money.
Thanks for participating. smiley
sir,would there be another one?
Re: Announcing Scholarship For Students by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 20, 2022
I have received my prize money
Thanks so much @cochtrane
Re: Announcing Scholarship For Students by cochtrane(m): 3:58pm On May 20, 2022
Quicksilver5:
sir,would there be another one?
Yeah, there will be. I'll let you know.

3 Likes

Re: Announcing Scholarship For Students by Lima98(f): 10:04am On May 22, 2022
cochtrane:

sir please can I still join it and try again
Re: Announcing Scholarship For Students by MARYIAN(f): 11:45am On Jun 17, 2022
cochtrane:

I couldn't participate Sir, due to some urgent matters embarassed I pray and hope another one begins soon embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does First Class Really Matter? / Federal College Of Education, Technical Akoka Post UTME / Unilorin 2016/2017 Post Graduate Applicants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.