Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,145 members, 7,811,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists (33757 Views)

Preacher Stabbed While Delivering Sermon In Sydney Church(photos) / Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State / Father Uche Ukor Slumps, Dies During Football Game In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by adenigga(m): 6:41am On Apr 06, 2022
A deacon at the Evangelical Church Winning All, Onikoko, Abeokuta, Ogun State, Francis Ogunnusi, has died while preaching in the church on Sunday.

The late deacon was the Baale of Onikoko community, near the Panseke area of Abeokuta.

Our correspondent gathered that Ogunnusi was on the pulpit on Sunday preaching against the get-rich-quick syndrome that had become the order of the day in different parts of the country.

Our correspondent saw a video where the deceased was heard warning those killing others to get rich, saying when they died, the money would be taken by other people.

Ogunnusi, while preaching in Yoruba, said, “The money you make through unlawful means, killing people, sucking human blood, when death comes, it will belong to another person.”

However, as his interpreter was about presenting the words in English language, Ogunnusi fell with the microphone in his hand.

This led to commotion in the church hall, as people rushed him to a hospital.

A member of the church, who did not want to be identified, said the victim was rushed to the Federal Medical Centre, Idi Aba, Abeokuta, where he was pronounced dead.

The source said, “The man was not the pastor of that church; he was just an elder. He was the Baale of Onikoko. He was the one that delivered the sermon on Sunday.

“He was talking about death and people who made money by killing other people. All of a sudden, he collapsed. He was rushed to the FMC, where he died. We don’t know what happened. I was very scared. Everything was disrupted. We just said the grace and went home.”

The source could not tell if Ogunnusi had any health challenge before the incident, adding that the deceased was between 60 and 70 years old.

It was gathered that the church at Onikoko is the headquarters of ECWA in Ogun State.

The corpse was said to have been deposited in a mortuary.

Source: https://punchng.com/Ogun-church-scatters-as-preacher-dies-during-sermon-against-ritualists

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:43am On Apr 06, 2022
He either died from an underlying illness or a natural death... nothing spiritual there.. undecided

220 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by money121(m): 6:47am On Apr 06, 2022
R..i.p

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by Pdalds: 6:47am On Apr 06, 2022
What type of Secondary school boys headline is this? What is scatter

65 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by oilPUSSY(f): 6:48am On Apr 06, 2022
Preaching against Skull Mining In Ogun state is like sending a lamb inside a lions Den to preach peace....Such lamb won't live to tell the story

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by JudasNaKarrot: 6:49am On Apr 06, 2022
Ok
Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by Tony5050(m): 6:51am On Apr 06, 2022
Death is the final fate that awaits all men. How it comes, no one can tell. Mysteriously I will say cry cry
Condolences to the family.

Kindly check my signature for your Assignments, project writings, Advertisements, research works, etc...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by eldervine: 6:51am On Apr 06, 2022
Baba dat arranged his own for him will be like: " you no want make i get new customers abi, oya collect"

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by alsudan: 6:52am On Apr 06, 2022
The Deacon was probably one of the Ritualist he was sensationally praying against.

What is it with Ogun and Rituals/Skull Mining?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by IamWonderful: 6:52am On Apr 06, 2022
sensational

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by Aboks(m): 6:54am On Apr 06, 2022
Ogun people don mine the man soul

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by rickpat(m): 6:54am On Apr 06, 2022
could be a heart attack or severe stroke

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by Frigga13: 6:54am On Apr 06, 2022
This man wan stop Yoruba people from havestimg their igr ;
They kill am.. for church..

Don’t play with skullers and their mine

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by realstars: 6:58am On Apr 06, 2022
They stoped him from distroying their busness. May he RIP.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by adenigga(m): 7:03am On Apr 06, 2022
eldervine:
Baba dat arranged his own for him will be like: " you no want make i get new customers abi, oya collect"
Yeeee........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by LadyRosa(f): 7:03am On Apr 06, 2022
Hope his hands are clean.Some people pray negative prayers that eventually hook them because of they might be guilty of such crime.
God cannot be mocked.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:19am On Apr 06, 2022
LadyRosa:
Hope his hands are clean.Some people pray negative prayers that eventually hook them because of they might be guilty of such crime.
God cannot be mocked.
God can and will always be mocked cos he is an imaginary creature.. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by LadyRosa(f): 7:21am On Apr 06, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Just the way I just imagined you.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by adenigga(m): 7:23am On Apr 06, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Hmnnnn.........

I'm short of words!!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:24am On Apr 06, 2022
LadyRosa:

Just the way I just imagined you.
Do you know human created that God of yours?
You are better and stronger than he is.. stop hyping and feeling inferior when it comes to him..
It's called an imaginary creature for a reason..

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:25am On Apr 06, 2022
adenigga:

Hmnnnn.........

I'm short of words!!!!
Common don't be..it's the truth.. kiss

1 Like

Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by Shedrack777: 7:26am On Apr 06, 2022
make them sharpaly mine him skull now because it's still useful
Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by fykes(m): 7:27am On Apr 06, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

When men talk like this... I get further revelation of d depth of God's mercy

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by LadyRosa(f): 7:27am On Apr 06, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Do you know human created that God of yours?
You are better and stronger than he is.. stop hyping and feeling inferior when it comes to him..
It's called an imaginary creature for a reason..

Just the way humans created you.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:28am On Apr 06, 2022
fykes:

When men talk like this... I get further revelation of d depth of God's mercy
smiley
shocked cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:29am On Apr 06, 2022
LadyRosa:

Just the way humans created you.
If your God can exist without a creator why not man? cheesy
Your parent brought you into this life of course... undecided
Common be a lady and think outside the box.. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by LadyRosa(f): 7:31am On Apr 06, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

If your God can exist without a creator why not man? cheesy
Your parent brought you into this life of course... undecided
Common be a lady and think outside the box.. wink

And through them I learnt about God.And got me baptized as an infant.Who send them message? wink

6 Likes

Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:33am On Apr 06, 2022
LadyRosa:

And through them I learnt about God.
It's called the ignorance cycle..they keep spreading the belief that there is an imaginary creature up there..how about you take control of yourself and think for yourself instead of taking what you were told..

Don't just believe what was written by men to control others..your parent made the mistake..I don't think you should take the same step..you are a different person entirely..

5 Likes

Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by LadyRosa(f): 7:38am On Apr 06, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

It's called the ignorance cycle..they keep spreading the belief that there is an imaginary creature up there..how about you take control of yourself and think for yourself instead of taking what you were told..

Don't just believe what was written by men to control others..your parent made the mistake..I don't think you should take the same step..you are a different person entirely..

Why don't they say I worship them rather than have me dedicated to an imaginary being?
Well, the good thing is being a believer or not, humanity matters.I believe in God,you don't,but make we no run each other down.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists by Rugaria: 7:40am On Apr 06, 2022
They will attribute it to their non existing powers as usual..
Man either had a stroke/heart attack..

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tolu And Tobi, Bimbo Odukoya's Daughters / Muslims Present Jesus' Portrait At Christmas Service In Kaduna (Photo) / We Paid Twice For ‘prayer City’ – MFM’s Dr. Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.