Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,561 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay (26493 Views)

FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy / Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu / No Work, No Pay Principle Now Applies During Strike - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by bizhop01: 8:24pm On Apr 06, 2022
KaluwisxPRO:

Where did you get that info that Nigerian lectures are not being employed overseas Where have you travelled to??

Please speak objectively about what you know. The school I attended in SA had over 6 Nigerian lecturers. 3 were Yoruba, even some Nigerian Masters Student are being used as substitute for some courses. And I believe this is not only happening in SA, so speak with facts.

I’m also %100 certain Nigerians are being employed for lecturing Jobs in Canada because I know 2 people personally who are fully employed by a Canadian institute.
Nigeria Doctor's VS Lecturers advantage abroad doesn't worth comparison,
Imagine UK coming down here for Nigeria lecturers, it's sound funny right? grin
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by Soso990240(m): 8:26pm On Apr 06, 2022
KaluwisxPRO:

Having two jobs is nowhere a crime mr man, if the system permits, you go for it. If you do not want to, that’s on you.

Head of Department does not handle recruitment. He can only recommended disciplinary action against a lecturer. If the HR cannot do their Job they’re being paid for, that in itself is another rot created by the same underfunding. Is there even a HR department in Nigeria universities?

They didn’t accept a Job to be paid peanuts, especially when dollar and cost of commodities has gone up over %200 in the last 5years. when was the last time their salaries were reviewed upwards

This is why Government must remove their hands from our institutions and sell them to individuals ready to pay and fund them.

Government can provide bursaries to students with the funds they claim to be funding the University’s with. Education is not cheap anywhere in the world and everyone must not go to school.
i never said HOD should handle recruitment. Read again. He is the link between the students and the management. He can make recommendations to the school management.
We are not a developed country yet, better understand that.
Having 2 job in the public sector is a crime, but i can't say about lecturing, but it's wrong especially when we have alot of unemployed youths crying for Job.. if you are coming to equity, come with clean hand nah.
I am not saying they accepted the Job to be payed peanut, but they saw the pay before accepting the Job. They have an option to quit if they don't find the job attractive anymore, they can stage a protest if they feel they are being cheated. You don't just lock down students out from learning (after their payed their fees) and expect to be earning your monthly salary, God no go even like that one. Our politicians are corrupt, Judiciary is corrupt, then our educational system(including lecturers) is corrupt. So don't come here telling me that our lecturers became corrupt because of underfunding from the Government, it don't make you learned.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by Aaay: 8:40pm On Apr 06, 2022
grin
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by egbedox: 8:47pm On Apr 06, 2022
ArewaNorth:

https://thenationonlineng.net/fed-govt-invokes-no-work-no-pay-as-unions-ground-varsities/

This news is reported on 28th March, 2022. It has been reported that no University Lecturer under IPPIS has been paid at the time of this report and it is likely that they won't be paid.

As much as government have a major blame in this whole thing. I believe this is still a good idea. Students are forced to go on holidays due to strike by a Union of which the said Union are still being paid. If they have sth to loose too other means of action would be taken apart from strike

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by KaluwisxPRO: 8:49pm On Apr 06, 2022
bizhop01:

Nigeria Doctor's VS Lecturers advantage abroad doesn't worth comparison,
Imagine UK coming down here for Nigeria lecturers, it's sound funny right? grin

You’ve totally left out the amount of Nigerians in Diaspora out of your logic who haven’t returned to this country in years.

There are too many Nigerians in different countries for you to think otherwise that they’re not getting lecturing Jobs.

Oga travel and see
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by Temi2468: 8:52pm On Apr 06, 2022
Nfora:

Oga no section of the constitution talks of
or approves strike,only peaceful assembly!

That is the more reason the No Work No Pay rule as per section 43 of the trade disputes act,is very appropriate and constitutional!

You win. Thank you, oga's boy.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by Ibegtodiffer: 8:54pm On Apr 06, 2022
LeoDeKing:
[s][/s]
Mr constitution that talks "sense", read through what you quoted again, this time slowly.

Above is part of the first sentence of the part you quoted. What does that tell you? I'm aware there is a regulation guiding strikes in Nigeria. So having seen that, why are you still referring me to constitution? Did I tell you strike has no rules? The first 2 words "I think", should also suggest to you is a personal opinion.

And it is based on the arbitrariness of these greedy good for nothing lecturers busy teaching nonsense and demanding for impossible that I made the entire comment in the paragraph.

So because I voted Buhari, useless lecturers should start misbehaving? What do they teach other than giving handouts and repeating same nonsense every semester/session in addition to chasing young female students on campuses?
Experiences are different.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by PeterOyebode(m): 8:56pm On Apr 06, 2022
When assu is done with Nigerian students #youtubeshorts
[url][/url]https://youtube.com/shorts/c-X0QqKl7cM?feature=share

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by bizhop01: 8:57pm On Apr 06, 2022
KaluwisxPRO:

You’ve totally left out the amount of Nigerians in Diaspora out of your logic who haven’t returned to this country in years.

There are too many Nigerians in different countries for you to think otherwise that they’re not getting lecturing Jobs.

Oga travel and see
Out of point
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by kernniejay(m): 8:59pm On Apr 06, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Hahha...

This government na scam

But ssnau and nasu work till this march ending now before them proceed on warning strike

So government supposed pay them march salary

I know this news is not true...fg can not implement no work no pay for march..because them don already work till march ending because the commencement of strike
Damn niggar

You are making me to like you by force.

Isokay.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by kernniejay(m): 9:03pm On Apr 06, 2022
Maynman:

And what do our senators and house of reps do apart from sleeping on duty and giving money to actress and High budget prostitute?
Why are you dignifying that senseless comment by responding to it?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by kernniejay(m): 9:06pm On Apr 06, 2022
LibertyRep:
Anyone who hasn't worked should morally not be expecting to be paid
Hope you know that your president who does nothing but to fly out to take drips in London hospitals collects his salaries intact, right?
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by dollar124(m): 11:32pm On Apr 06, 2022
Bluntemperor:

It was never a solution and it will never be!
Is this money ASUU is asking far higher than the politicians pocket money they share in different meetings,in wards and their respective States?
Just curious o!
Can you compare the population of lecturers to lawmakers? Do you know the population a single lawmaker represents?
The good news is all lecturers are qualified to be elected as lawmakers. So if the lecturers are not comfortable with their condition of service, they should resign, contest and win election if is easy
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by iswallker(m): 11:39pm On Apr 06, 2022
ArewaNorth:

https://thenationonlineng.net/fed-govt-invokes-no-work-no-pay-as-unions-ground-varsities/

This news is reported on 28th March, 2022. It has been reported that no University Lecturer under IPPIS has been paid at the time of this report and it is likely that they won't be paid.

You write a news item in reaction to anothet news item published over a week ago - then you went on further to speculate that govt has applied no work no pay because there was a delay in salary payment

Fear God nah Mr blogger

undecided
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by Elvis778(m): 11:49pm On Apr 06, 2022
LeoDeKing:
[s][/s]
Mr constitution that talks "sense", read through what you quoted again, this time slowly.

Above is part of the first sentence of the part you quoted. What does that tell you? I'm aware there is a regulation guiding strikes in Nigeria. So having seen that, why are you still referring me to constitution? Did I tell you strike has no rules? The first 2 words "I think", should also suggest to you is a personal opinion.

And it is based on the arbitrariness of these greedy good for nothing lecturers busy teaching nonsense and demanding for impossible that I made the entire comment in the paragraph.

So because I voted Buhari, useless lecturers should start misbehaving? What do they teach other than giving handouts and repeating same nonsense every semester/session in addition to chasing young female students on campuses?
You are a FOOL, bug one, u defend this government even if they murder your family, u go still find useless thing to use defend them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by Elvis778(m): 11:50pm On Apr 06, 2022
Brandonx:
I’m in full support undecided Next time before going on strike they’ll have to think twice.

I’ve said it before shut down all public tertiary institutions. What’s the essence of producing graduates that cannot defend their results undecided
Too many dumb people on NL

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by Nobody: 1:09am On Apr 07, 2022
LeoDeKing:

I think the regulation should be such that if there is a strike, all parties involved must lose something, and that is why efforts will be made to avert it making it the last option.

A situation where workers are free to just go on strike and all their salaries paid at the end of the day is a very wrong practice because they have nothing to lose.

sad

U took the words right out of my hands. Why would they want to call off strike when they are chilling at home and salary is coming in every month?

Why won't they be striking every year when they are sure of getting paid.

They won't consider other things going on in the country, they will just strike.

I love this idea, this way; they will want to listen. What they are fighting for no really get head sef

P.S I don't think the story is true though as no official news website is yet to publish this report, other than hearsay blogs.

But I wish and pray it's true make everybody feel the the pain. No be everytime student go dey suffer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by osazsky(m): 2:14am On Apr 07, 2022
LeoDeKing:
I still don't understand why the no work no pay policy is optional. I think it should be automatic, regardless of whether the strike is justified or not.

Why will sectors of the economy be left at the whims and caprices of some people?

I think the regulation should be such that if there is a strike, all parties involved must lose something, and that is why efforts will be made to avert it making it the last option.

A situation where workers are free to just go on strike and all their salaries paid at the end of the day is a very wrong practice because they have nothing to lose.

Infact, they even enjoy more benefits because they don't go to work and might have used the opportunity for some side hustle. angry
fulani man stop fulling youtselfs..its a public forum.when fg is tired they will call for dialogue who cares abt peanults dey call salaries that cant sustain u for 5 days..
The strike started on the 27th..the month ended 3 days later.he should pay them for 27 days..u cant be using mouth to pay minimum wages every month..when u paid hos..nta and other MDA learn to avoid maters that u know nothing off
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by osazsky(m): 2:20am On Apr 07, 2022
kelvinrhs:

U took the words right out of my hands. Why would they want to call off strike when they are chilling at home and salary is coming in every month?

Why won't they be striking every year when they are sure of getting paid.

They won't consider other things going on in the country, they will just strike.

I love this idea, this way; they will want to listen. What they are fighting for no really get head sef

P.S I don't think the story is true though as no official news website is yet to publish this report, other than hearsay blogs.

But I wish and pray it's true make everybody feel the the pain. No be everytime student go dey suffer
how many times will govt countinue to try this tactics..tinubu tried..it..bubu tried it..after 2 years of sitting at home.when govt is tired they will still pay all d backlog in areas..na everyday we dey here of this kind..thing..its our resting period.as men don enter street..uni will resume when govt pays our minimum wage they only pay minimum wages on paper and on online news.then we will now cal 5 years salary arreas..then students can continue from where they stoped after 5 years.. u think public sector is same as private..there is already a providion for it in our yearly budget .they should use the money for elections my bro..after tinubu don finish him first tenure in 5 years time..they will gather all the money and pay all once then universities will now resume.those who where in 200 lvl before the strike will move to 300 after tinubu firts tenure.its normal
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by Passionnn: 5:41am On Apr 07, 2022
LeoDeKing:
I still don't understand why the no work no pay policy is optional. I think it should be automatic, regardless of whether the strike is justified or not.

Why will sectors of the economy be left at the whims and caprices of some people?

Infact, they even enjoy more benefits because they don't go to work and might have used the opportunity for some side hustle. angry

You no get sense.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by smart8956: 8:20am On Apr 07, 2022
nyiamfrank:
And is the failure of government we are taking about.

They want to completely kill the educational sector, so that youths will not graduate quickly and come and start asking them for jobs.

Funny people!
Photo!
No be JuJu be that?
No. They should change our education system. Corruption has dealt with Nigerian education system so much that students don't have a voice and no amount of money fed.gov put into the system yield results. Fed.gov will give the universities money for research,for infrastructure,but vc's will connive with lecturers shared the money and drive big cars.
Let's be realistic here,and lets leave politics aside. Go to other countries you'll see nothing much is to education sector as to health sector,yet their education system is working. Why? They have a system that employs foreign teachers,they have a system that fight corruption in each institution and the students has voice. Employing people outside boost academic morale, competition and makes the job serious. In Nigeria student don't have voice, lecturers do whatever they can because of corruption and the government doesn't give attention. It's not just giving the money then relax it's settle, tomorrow they'll still be another strike,the government needs to follow up with task force. The government should also reduce these schools. What's the essence of having a public,state or private institution that ranks 25,000 in the world rankings and you call that school? Why not invest, expand and focus on the ones already gotten? If you check other African countries, Nigeria has the least destination for international students,not because we're not good,but corruption and unnecessary strikes. Here in my school, it's going and no disruption except public holidays and end of academic year. Lecturers interact with students on telegram, WhatsApp etc,they even know you by name and in the group even at night you have a challenge,they assist you. They have a strict law that governs both the students and lecturers so we know our boundaries. You misbehave,or give sex for marks,or assault a student or even take bribe and you're reported,that's your end in the school. Government schools should be more regulated,those nonsense can only happen in private institutions. So it's disappointing that Nigeria education system is still in crunches. I'm saddened my mate I left behind in Nigeria same faculty of medicine are home due to ASUU strike and here we're about ending the academic year and if the strike continue,it will take 2yrs to meet up, meaning I'll finish work while they're still in school. It's barbaric. I'll advise those who have money not to even think of private school there,but move out. You can search scholarship,or apply using transcript. Even schools in Asia,some in Africa, America,are good. Just move out,you won't regret you did. Forget the Media racist and whatever about Nigeria. To be frank,among all African countries, Nigeria is still seen as the best,and they love Nigerians. I have had many friends and I don't regret being black,once they ask which country I reply Nigeria and they say I love Nigerians, they're aggressive but intelligent. The girls will say Nigerians can love and once you meet them here they are ready to spend even their last money on you. In my school,just one girl was able to cook and assist me anytime I'm back,they love us unconditional and it's reason most Nigerians marry outside when they come across such. What I'm trying to say is, leave all what the media BBC and CNN is publishing about Nigerians. They always trying to make us bad guys but they're the worst,living in hypocrisy. We love ourselves outside more than at home,that one is true. The government should use our oil,gas, agriculture and other resources well to build our home. It will be nice to see more Africans trooping into Nigeria for studies,or let say students from Indian,Arab countries and Europe coming to study in Nigeria. ASUU should be scrap out,all those unions are taking Nigeria backwards. Lets instead build ourselves with protest. Strike is ill. God bless Nigerians.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by goldtube(m): 3:54pm On Apr 07, 2022
This is very far from a solution, na students go suffer am cool
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 07, 2022
osazsky:
how many times will govt countinue to try this tactics..tinubu tried..it..bubu tried it..after 2 years of sitting at home.when govt is tired they will still pay all d backlog in areas..na everyday we dey here of this kind..thing..its our resting period.as men don enter street..uni will resume when govt pays our minimum wage they only pay minimum wages on paper and on online news.then we will now cal 5 years salary arreas..then students can continue from where they stoped after 5 years.. u think public sector is same as private..there is already a providion for it in our yearly budget .they should use the money for elections my bro..after tinubu don finish him first tenure in 5 years time..they will gather all the money and pay all once then universities will now resume.those who where in 200 lvl before the strike will move to 300 after tinubu firts tenure.its normal

U say?

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by ArewaNorth: 5:58pm On Apr 07, 2022
iswallker:

You write a news item in reaction to anothet news item published over a week ago - then you went on further to speculate that govt has applied no work no pay because there was a delay in salary payment

Fear God nah Mr blogger

undecided
There is nothing like salary delay. No FG university is paid March salary and non will be paid.....
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by iswallker(m): 9:03pm On Apr 07, 2022
ArewaNorth:

There is nothing like salary delay. No FG university is paid March salary and non will be paid.....

grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Melaye Tackles Buhari - You Can Only Choose Your Party Candidate Not Successor / Three Suspects Arrested In Connection With Killing Of 17 Soldiers In Delta / David Mark Wins Benue-South Rerun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.