Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,216 members, 7,822,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Blaise Compaore Sentenced To Life In Prison Over Sankara Murder - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Blaise Compaore Sentenced To Life In Prison Over Sankara Murder (30942 Views)

GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger / Nourah Al-qahtani: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 45 Yrs In Prison Over 'twitter Post' / Burkina Faso Has Issued A Warrant For The Arrest Of Former President, Compaore. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blaise Compaore Sentenced To Life In Prison Over Sankara Murder by amuwo1980: 1:58am On Apr 07, 2022
I feel good at this for I remember where I was that sunday morning when they announced a coup and his death , I was bewildered even as a kid who have a high level of consciousness
Re: Blaise Compaore Sentenced To Life In Prison Over Sankara Murder by Nobody: 3:49am On Apr 07, 2022
Obama should be prosecuted for the Death of Gadaffi

3 Likes

Re: Blaise Compaore Sentenced To Life In Prison Over Sankara Murder by knowhowk: 3:52am On Apr 07, 2022
sapientia:
Sankara was a dictator

Africans always praise people cos they died

If only he had worked according to the law

He made everyone around him afraid by his actions

If your inner circle betray you, check yourself very well

I have been insulted by many kids already. One even asked me how old I was when he died

I wanted to name Gaddafi but I remembered Putin Fan boys

I dont need them reminding me its the turn of Dictator Putin to kill his turn the way USA killed their African messiah Gadaffi

You can be right and also get Betrayed by your inner Circle .

2 Likes

Re: Blaise Compaore Sentenced To Life In Prison Over Sankara Murder by Nobody: 7:04am On Apr 07, 2022
dermmy:

Don't mind that slave. Most Africans don't think they would rather follow their slave masters who made themselves arbiter of what is right and wrong, who is evil and who is an angel. It doesn't matter what the west calls Sankara and their salves in Africa like the guy sapientia. Sankara remains one of the greatest leaders in African history the revolutionary reforms he made during his tenure will never be forgotten.

I still remember the unrest that led to the ousting of this perfidious Blaise Compaore in 2014. I watched as Burkinabes were shouting justice for Sankara. After Compaore was ousted and fled to exile Sankara's wife that compaore sent into exile after he killed her husband came to that country with a rousing welcome that should tell you Sankara has a good legacy and he will foreever be rememberd by generations yet unborn. But slaves like sapientia would rather lick his white masters boots by calling sankara a dictator because Sankara didn't allow them to suck and milk the country during his short tenure.

The opinion of the west and the slaves sapientia and alphanomega don't matter because Burkinabes don't see him that way that's all that matters. The fact that they still pursued justice after many years of his death shows that Sankara was a man of the people. Rest on Thomas Isidore Sankara.

grin Don't mind that one. The disease of ignorance dey worry am. Thomas Sankara a brutal dictator lol. And then after 35 years the men and women of the country he was brutal to sought for justice for him but not against him. You see say common sense no common.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blaise Compaore Sentenced To Life In Prison Over Sankara Murder by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 07, 2022
sapientia:

When one person have power and cannot be checkmated by anyone

Even if the person is doing good

Gadaffi developed Libya but that didnt mean he was no dictator

He has absolute power

Bro, a dictator is someone who doesn't incline himself to western imperialism. It's as simple as A-B-C.

"Imperialism is a system of exploitation that occurs not only in the brutal form of those who come with guns to conquer territory. Imperialism often occurs in more subtle forms, a loan, food aid, blackmail . We are fighting this system that allows a handful of men on Earth to rule all of humanity." Thomas Sankara.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blaise Compaore Sentenced To Life In Prison Over Sankara Murder by abeggnow: 9:02am On Apr 07, 2022
othermen:
“How long shall they kill our prophets, while we stand aside and look?''
Bob Marley
have you notice once an African leader emerges who is for Africa he is killed one way or another??

1 Like

Re: Blaise Compaore Sentenced To Life In Prison Over Sankara Murder by adontcare(f): 9:12am On Apr 07, 2022
othermen:
“How long shall they kill our prophets, while we stand aside and look?''
Bob Marley
"little did he know that eventually the enemy will stand aside and look, while we slaughter and kill our brothers"
... Lucky Dube

2 Likes

Re: Blaise Compaore Sentenced To Life In Prison Over Sankara Murder by Anndrew(m): 10:54am On Apr 07, 2022
JosephXavier:
This can never happen in Nigeria

The murder of people like

Bola Ige====Lawrence Anini
Dele Giwa=====Shina rambo
Moshood Abiola======Pablo escobar
Murtala Mohammed=====Buka Duka Dimka

These murders has been successfully concealed and nobody ever went down for it
Re: Blaise Compaore Sentenced To Life In Prison Over Sankara Murder by meobizy(f): 2:25pm On Apr 07, 2022
If Sankara lived long enough he would have turned into a dictator. Blaise didn’t kill him alone, there were Belgian soldiers who confirmed the death and looted the man’s remains as souvenirs. Why won’t those ones face justice? Here I was thinking Thomas Sankara was originally Gambian.

1 Like

Re: Blaise Compaore Sentenced To Life In Prison Over Sankara Murder by Lepon02: 2:34pm On Apr 07, 2022
Alhamdullilah.

Good news.
Re: Blaise Compaore Sentenced To Life In Prison Over Sankara Murder by achimendy(m): 4:35pm On Apr 07, 2022
sapientia:
Sankara was a dictator

Africans always praise people cos they died

If only he had worked according to the law

He made everyone around him afraid by his actions

If your inner circle betray you, check yourself very well

From your ignorant comment it shows you dont know anything about Thomas sankara.
I suggest you go and read about him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blaise Compaore Sentenced To Life In Prison Over Sankara Murder by Omooba77: 2:26pm On Apr 08, 2022
JudasNaKarrot:
You were 10 years old then.

You've come of age sha. Thank God because many hadn't the chance.
I was actually in JSS 2.... grin
Re: Blaise Compaore Sentenced To Life In Prison Over Sankara Murder by AlphaTaikun: 9:46am On Apr 09, 2022
meobizy:
If Sankara lived long enough he would have turned into a dictator. Blaise didn’t kill him alone, there were Belgian soldiers who confirmed the death and looted the man’s remains as souvenirs. Why won’t those ones face justice? Here I was thinking Thomas Sankara was originally Gambian.
He was a Burkinabe revolutionary leader not a Gambian. Lol.

I differ with you a bit here because
I witnessed the sequence of events back in the 1980s. Thomas
Sankara's spartan ideology and iconic speeches from when he came on the scene in 1983 to 1987 (when he was assasinated by
Blaise Campaore and his French sponsors who were uncomfortable with his strong values) show that
he wouldn't have been a dictator.
He would have been fair but firm
if he had stayed longer though!

Thomas Sankara was a strong believer in female affirmative action because he knew full well that when you train a woman, you train a nation.

Sankara was a close friend of Fela Anikulapo-Kuti and whenever he
came to Nigeria for official visits,
he would go to visit Fela at the Kalakuta Republic in Lagos. When
Sankara passed on, Fela released the Underground System album that dealth with Sankara's values and memory.

Hope this helps.
Re: Blaise Compaore Sentenced To Life In Prison Over Sankara Murder by AlphaTaikun: 10:16am On Apr 09, 2022
Omooba77:

https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/burkina-fasos-former-president-compaore-sentenced-life-prison-over-sankara-2022-04-06/
The iconic and hugely popular Thomas Sankara's death in 1987 shook me the same way that Marvin Gaye, Bob Marley, MKO Abiola, and Michael Jackson's deaths stunned me.

Fela aptly eulogised Sankara
(who was his friend) in the album,
"Underground System."

Viva to the iconic African "Ernesto Che Guevara."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Congo: Soldier Kills Wife, 2 Children, 10 Others For Burying Son In His Absence / COVID-19: Prince William Struggled To Breathe, Secretly Battled Coronavirus / Jason Miller: Trump Returning To Social Media With 'his Own Platform' Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.