Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger (30296 Views)

Blaise Compaore Sentenced To Life In Prison Over Sankara Murder / Brazilian President Bolsonaro In Hospital Over Intestinal Obstruction / Larry King, 87, 'in Hospital With COVID-19' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger by Almiron: 11:43pm On Dec 21, 2023
A British teenager who stole 90 clips of the unreleased Grand Theft Auto 6 game as part of a hacking spree has been sentenced to an indefinite hospital order.

Arion Kurtaj, 18, who is autistic, was on bail for hacking the software firm Nvidia and BT/EE and also in police protection at a Travelodge hotel when he continued his hacking and breached Rockstar Games, the company behind GTA, a court heard.

Despite having his laptop confiscated, Kurtaj, carried out his cyber attack using an Amazon Firestick, his hotel television and a mobile phone. He broke into the company’s internal Slack messaging system to declare: “If Rockstar does not contact me on Telegram within 24 hours I will start releasing the source code.”

Kurtaj, from Oxford and part of the Lapsus$ hacking group, posted the clips and source code on a forum. He will remain at a secure hospital for life unless doctors deem him no longer a danger, Southwark crown court heard on Thursday.

The case has prompted City of London police to advise parents to be aware of their children’s internet usage.

The court heard that Kurtaj had been violent while in custody, with dozens of reports of injury or property damage. Doctors deemed him unfit to stand trial due to his acute autism and the jury was asked to determine whether or not he committed the alleged acts, not if he did so with criminal intent.

A mental health assessment used as part of the sentencing hearing said he “continued to express the intent to return to cyber-crime as soon as possible”, adding: “He is highly motivated.”

GUARDIAN

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger by advanceDNA: 12:38am On Dec 22, 2023
Ojoro...

Someone that threatened the company he hacked and continued to express the intent to return to cyber-crime as soon as possible”, adding: “He is highly motivated.” .....is now unfit to stand trial and will remain at a secure hospital for life ....

CIA/FBI/homeland security ...I carry yansh for una......Una welldone ooooo... Una don carry am go una secret office make e dey work for una

163 Likes 15 Shares

Re: GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger by Dialpad: 9:22am On Dec 22, 2023
Cant believe the guy is autistic... strange to me

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger by Fountainofyouth(f): 9:23am On Dec 22, 2023
Lol gamers for life 😎

He made alot of us happy when he leaked it out.

Instead of them to recruit him for his talent, they want to jail him, abeg they should leave him alone.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger by Franzinni: 9:23am On Dec 22, 2023
It's all part of a narrative... GTA 6 will be the greatest game ever SOLD !!! They have perfected the money 💰💰💰 mechanism of the GTA franchise, now nah cash out remain and I can't wait to get my hands on that game!!!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger by obinna58(m): 9:23am On Dec 22, 2023
grin
The firm wants good for him but baba no gree say dem no understand his capability, baba is feelings unstoppable even when they’re pitying and helping him

5 Likes

Re: GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger by Fabrice07: 9:23am On Dec 22, 2023
Wow.. Autistic hacker.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger by JackDaAlienz(m): 9:23am On Dec 22, 2023
White man:
I need money, which bank should I hack and transfer to my Bitcoin wallet.

Nigerian fools:
I need money, which person will I kill and use their body parts to do charm so that my client will transfer to my Bitcoin wallet.

Oyingbo dey hack bank
Dumb monkeys dey hack human skull
If they call Africa SHITHOLE now
They will start crying racism angry angry

101 Likes 14 Shares

Re: GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger by DrBrainstorm(m): 9:23am On Dec 22, 2023
SmartyPants:

Are you sure you grasp what you read up there? He has effectively been sentenced to prison for life - he will be held in a prison hospital - because he is not mentally stable enough to understand the full consequences of his actions - hence him admitting that he will commit the crime again if released. A mentally unwell person cannot stand trial.
grin Dey play.
That is a f**king weapon, an 18 years old breaking into BT/EE a network provider, Nvidia and now Rockstar Games from a hotel room with an Amazon firestick and mobile phone?
The British SIS or US NSA will never overlook such talent.

Numerouno94:

This hacking being carried out by an18yrs old autistic kid using firestick, a tv and a mobile phone is something a technologyically inclined kid is capable of doing over there. Even a 10yrs old kid is capable of such. But it's a crime over there. So u guys should stop seeing this like a rocket science.
So Hacking a company that is worth $22 Billion with a security budget that can buy your village is what every technologyically inclined kid can do?
Rest in Jesus name.

Numerouno94:

Oga calm down and do a little research. Kids from China, The USA, The UK, India, Russia etcetera have bn doing more than this on a regular basis. So rest !!. For Yankee no company is immune to being hacked by this crazy kids and dudes despite the tight security.

I reiterate my point, stop seeing all these tins as a rocket science. A 12yrs old kid over there could equally pull a stunt like this.

Nobody is an island of knowledge. I just taught u something new, do more research on it instead of arguing unnecessarily. Gracias.
12 years old? grin
Exploits of these sort are usually carried out by teams of experienced Black hat hackers.

You are just regurgitating clichés you have read over the Internet, maybe you think children hacking into their neighbours WiFi or breaking into their porous high school's computer networks is the type of hacking the OP is talking about here.
Again, rest in Jesus name, it is not a must you comment on threads you have no clue about.

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger by Julsone: 9:24am On Dec 22, 2023
Silly hacker

1 Like

Re: GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger by Chibuzoripob: 9:24am On Dec 22, 2023
cool
Re: GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger by AlexaDan: 9:24am On Dec 22, 2023
How can he be Autistic and still be a hacker.

That sounds like a conundrum

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger by symbianDON(m): 9:24am On Dec 22, 2023
O boy!!! Massive talent

6 Likes

Re: GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger by Solitechworld(m): 9:24am On Dec 22, 2023
He possesses a remarkable demeanor! Confining him to a lifetime in a hospital seems harsh.

There's a more constructive path where he can contribute to his country. Perhaps as a bounty hunter – I'm confident he'd excel.

I have a friend that earn over $50k monthly by hunting bugs on platforms like HackerOne..

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger by stano2(m): 9:25am On Dec 22, 2023
See what a teenager is capable of.
You can’t say the same of a teenager in Nigeria

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger by SmartyPants(m): 9:25am On Dec 22, 2023
advanceDNA:
Ojoro...

Someone that threatened the company he hacked and continued to express the intent to return to cyber-crime as soon as possible”, adding: “He is highly motivated.” .....is now unfit to stand trial and will remain at a secure hospital for life ....

CIA/FBI/homeland security ...I carry yansh for una......Una welldone ooooo... Una don carry am go una secret office make e dey work for una

Are you sure you grasp what you read up there? He has effectively been sentenced to prison for life - he will be held in a prison hospital - because he is not mentally stable enough to understand the full consequences of his actions - hence him admitting that he will commit the crime again if released. A mentally unwell person cannot stand trial.

20 Likes 9 Shares

Re: GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger by nawa4naija(m): 9:25am On Dec 22, 2023
Who else doesn't give a fvck about this
wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger by nairalee(m): 9:26am On Dec 22, 2023
These sort of stories are Holywood movie material

1 Like

Re: GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger by osuofia2(m): 9:26am On Dec 22, 2023
Legend. Boy is good

1 Like

Re: GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger by Paystack: 9:26am On Dec 22, 2023
This are the real Yahoo boys governments should be scared of.

10 of this type can literally do damage to CBN

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger by Smithwilliams826: 9:27am On Dec 22, 2023
I laugh
Re: GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger by Westerhoffe(m): 9:27am On Dec 22, 2023
grin
Re: GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger by FILEBE(m): 9:27am On Dec 22, 2023
Dialpad:
Cant believe the guy is autistic... strange to me

Autistic guys are the most brilliant you will ever see. I am not suprised at him being autistic. There is always a fine line between Autism and being a genius.

But why didn't GTA guys contact him before the 24hrs? Someone should hire him for vulnerability testing

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger by SAMBARRY: 9:27am On Dec 22, 2023
Imagine if he wasn't autistic
Re: GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger by patrikoolar: 9:28am On Dec 22, 2023
Autistic for that matter!
Re: GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger by BRATISLAVA: 9:29am On Dec 22, 2023
Beststrong:
Saw that on twitter today. The thing is, he is still not ready to stop.

Imagine threatening to continue hacking after his release. Lol

He's supposedly autistic. Did you expect him to suddenly get a brain transplant and change overnight, then swear never to do it again?

He's being treated with too much gravity. Even murders are considered for parole, why are they so angry at him for a game? It's not like he's threatening national cyber infrastructure grin. They're be better off repurposing him.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Baby Born With Two Fully-Formed Teeth (PHOTOS) / NATO Member Slovakia Gives S-300 Air Defense System To Ukraine: Prime Minister / Iran Vows To Deploy 'weapons It Has Never Used If Israel Launches Retaliatory St

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.