Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,361 members, 7,815,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever (63094 Views)

Breaking: Tope Awotona officially recognized as a billionaire on Forbes / Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US / Forbes: Tope Awotona First Nigerian American Billionaire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Bifwoli: 1:09am On Apr 07, 2022
jneutron4000:
when it comes to bussiness Yoruba are at the top, they do not make noise and brag about it. undecided
Nope , the Igbos are top business people.

1 Like

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by revolt(m): 1:12am On Apr 07, 2022
Shout out to my yoruba folks... if only igbos and yorubas bury their useless conflict... naija would have gone places. Though I think the real hate comes from yoru as but ....I.. these two can settle their differences ...we would have had a dubai naija. Whom the cap fits let him wear it. Respect is giving to whom is due.

Congrats my yorubas folks out there. We are coming for that position as usual. Just a matter of time.

2 Likes

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by revolt(m): 1:13am On Apr 07, 2022
Bifwoli:

Oga yes..... the difference is yorubas seem to work smarter than igbos. Igbos are clearly more hard working and don't take risks until we are sure then we take over the martket. But you have to give it to some yorubas.... they're quite industrious too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by grandstar(m): 1:40am On Apr 07, 2022
HBB1:

undecided

If you had such ideas, you wouldn't be broke

Organization hasn't been my strength. I always felt I suffered from ADHD. It's time I go for treatment.
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by igbowoman: 1:41am On Apr 07, 2022
E don marry?
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by 007lss: 1:55am On Apr 07, 2022
LikeAking:
SO?

wHO IM EPP?
me
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by MoneyMustBMade(m): 1:57am On Apr 07, 2022
Nice one yoruba
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Larrykaysail(m): 2:05am On Apr 07, 2022
SilentQueen:
why not give it to the hausas undecided rubbish
whatever .. na u sabi
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by CoronaVirusPro: 2:24am On Apr 07, 2022
Bifwoli:

Igbos are only loud. They can’t even match Northerners when it comes to buisness.

The saying that Igbos do business is fallacy. Petty trade they are known for, and not big shows

5 Likes

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by LILTJAY: 2:55am On Apr 07, 2022
obynzo:

You guys are pathetic. The article said one of the wealthiest immigrants for all we know there are igbos that are also amongst one of the wealthiest there too. You guys should stop behaving like children abeg
but she nor mention igbos now?
Igbos are only wealthy in asian jails

1 Like

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by LILTJAY: 3:03am On Apr 07, 2022
princewarri1985:
Upon all the money and he's still this ugly
that man ugly? shocked
Abeg post your pic grin
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Flossq: 3:14am On Apr 07, 2022
SilentQueen:
I love men like this, who has vision not those that go abroad to spoil the country's name and end up populating their prisons over there!

Truly Yoruba is the master when it comes to business but they don't chest beat about it!
God bless Nigeria! grin
yoruba no be master nothing igbos are far ahead. One small glory una don they talk plenty. Call me a hater I love that word

1 Like

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Flossq: 3:16am On Apr 07, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

Igbos are only loud. They can’t even match Northerners when it comes to buisness.

The saying that Igbos do business is fallacy. Petty trade they are known for, and not big shows

95% of northern business men don’t have obi Cubana daily money. 95%. The remaining 5% is shred between all the rich northerners. Come to south I can easily match a 25 years old boys money with a 60 years old northern general.
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Tennessee85: 3:24am On Apr 07, 2022
obynzo:

You guys are pathetic. The article said one of the wealthiest immigrants for all we know there are igbos that are also amongst one of the wealthiest there too. You guys should stop behaving like children abeg

Oya, mention the Igbos. just one.

1 Like

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by CoronaVirusPro: 3:24am On Apr 07, 2022
Flossq:

95% of northern business men don’t have obi Cubana daily money. 95%. The remaining 5% is shred between all the rich northerners. Come to south I can easily match a 25 years old boys money with a 60 years old northern general.

This is the loudness I am talking about.

smh

2 Likes

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by semanose: 3:30am On Apr 07, 2022
What is Calendly?

This news came as a shock...

I learnt about Calendly when every business I tried working with kept trying to schedule a meet with me using the application.

If you know how Many foreign business depend on this app.

From this app they link up directly to zoom.

Knowing the real owner is just.....

I am dazed right now!

All I have to say is that.

Whatever you do, just create something of value.

The money will come later.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Henz81: 3:36am On Apr 07, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:
Some piggiddiooootts are already green with envy. grin

Piiggiidiioooott amaka... grin
You talk like a child. How has this Man wealth helped you or any other person. Kai!! Na who do you this thing?

1 Like

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Tennessee85: 3:37am On Apr 07, 2022
Flossq:

Lol, how much is this your Obi Cubana worth?

3 Likes

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by xammyx(m): 3:59am On Apr 07, 2022
jneutron4000:
when it comes to business Yoruba are at the top, they do not make noise and brag about it. undecided
Rather than being inspired by his creativity, you want to spoil this awesome! News with ethnic war n hate. Is so Sad �.
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Nobody: 4:16am On Apr 07, 2022
Razgas:
Every true Igbo man respects yoruba Christians. But you see yoro moslems miscreants? Menace to society. If they are not supporting aboki, they are supporting Chicago druggie
shut ur God dammed hypocritical and hateful gut....you disgust me.

1 Like

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Nobody: 4:18am On Apr 07, 2022
[sup][/sup]
Kpengla:
If to say this guy na Ibo now we for no fit rest again for nairaland
how you want take rest. Those guys were too de rate themselves lol.
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Fapemz: 4:23am On Apr 07, 2022
I bring soltion to your power challenge. Laptop power bank built with lithium battery that guarantees more than 15 hours run time on a single charger. Laptop powerbank and inverter. Get in touch via 0806..531...6307
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by nijanigga: 4:27am On Apr 07, 2022
MrMaestro:
Wonderful development. When people say Yorubas aren’t in a class of their own when it comes to business, continue to show them people like this guy. There are even more other tribes from Nigeria in America, yet a Yoruba is the wealthiest Nigerian immigrant. Soon he will pass every other black american. Only entertainers and Robert Smith are ahead of him. If this company goes public he might pass Dangote. Thank God almighty that the Yorubas are blessed.
Please no comparison, this is not drug money
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Afonso1234: 4:31am On Apr 07, 2022
Oga na forbes carry this man...do you know the meaning
Nigerialabalaba:

u no dey house wen dem dey share sense aswear2gud.
olodo, na inferior complex dey worry u. All dat yeye bloated software coy valuations na hin u dey compare with real coys wey get real money , dey cash out daily and a whole systemspec wey dey move billions daily. U tink say na by one yeye valuations dem take dey do am.

I don see say u be one of d native people like u wey neva achieve anytin for life go dey share chart upandan. Shiorr.
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Microwhy: 4:49am On Apr 07, 2022
heniford2:
Paid hyping undecided lipsrsealed simple contacts forbe & 4get all grin
Good observation..
If half of nairalanders go download Calendry , its huge plus.
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by BabaIbo: 4:49am On Apr 07, 2022
Loewe:

It's the Igbos that lack humility, cos you lot believe in beating your chest too much. You have the mindset that Yorubas are bad at running business and you say it insultingly to our faces... All because you have traders, buying and selling goods, you think that's it. grin

I won't argue with you much, I don't have time for that, so believe what you want. If you think Igbos run the service industry as well, go ahead. If you think Igbos run finance, go ahead, if you think Igbos run the education and academic sector, go ahead, if you believe Igbos run oil and gas, go ahead, if you believe Igbos run telecoms, go ahead, if you believe Igbos run the power sector, go ahead, if you believe Igbos run healthcare, if you believe your people run the music and entertainment industry, go ahead...

It's a free world. We can deceive ourselves but facts speak for themselves...

This is not those years when you folks use dailies(newspapers) to lie and spread your propaganda because others where uninformed. Time has changed and the info is everywhere for you to read and understand.

Aside from Music and I.T(which are even arguable because others have sizeable presence there), you people are behind in others.

Lol, you think owning one or two fuelling stations means running the oil and gas sectors or being a staff in a bank means running the banking industry? A simple check would have helped you from this your emotional imbalance, I can see you are going emotional here.
Staffs can be discarded at anytime but not the owners, they can only step down if they want to OR there is an urgent need for it, for example in a case of controversy.
Check the major owners of the companies in the various sectors and be humble.

No need replying you any further since its obvious you don't know what running something means.
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by BabaIbo: 4:53am On Apr 07, 2022
Tennessee85:

Oya, mention the Igbos. just one.

You are the one that needs to check that, but let me give you an example...
Check for the guy that sold an app to Apple for a billion dollars and he has also sold others while he also have others he is handling.

Lest I forget, he is still in the team of the app he sold to Apple.
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by BabaIbo: 4:55am On Apr 07, 2022
LILTJAY:
but she nor mention igbos now?
Igbos are only wealthy in asian jails

How much does your f*ther has or let me just say who is your daddy? I want to check something.

No insult, just a simple question.
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by jaxxy(m): 4:58am On Apr 07, 2022
trutharena:

I think you are drunk.

Is Remitta worth $3billion?

Be like say you no know wetin dem dey call $3billion.

Below is major bank market value, you can see Calendly is even worth more than any Nigeria bank let alone that small Remitta.

The $3billion value is an over estimated projected value all things being equal not an actual current value.

We have seen false evaluations especially when trying to raise funds.
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Nobody: 5:02am On Apr 07, 2022
Hammyaladin:
shut ur God dammed hypocritical and hateful gut....you disgust me.
A moslem grin typical undecided
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Viraltrends123: 5:08am On Apr 07, 2022
obynzo:

Read the article they said one of the wealthiest, it is not that he is the wealthiest. Ahhhhhhh this tribal chest beating na wah ooooo after you would say igbos chest beat
He is the wealthiest Nigerian immigrant, one of the wealthiest Immigrant, because their are even more Indians in us that Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Viraltrends123: 5:10am On Apr 07, 2022
BabaIbo:

How much does your f*ther has or let me just say who is your daddy? I want to check something.

No insult, just a simple question.
At least his father is not in asian jail like yours, after trying to sneak drugs in

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Folorunsho Alakija Is Building Famfa Towers, Costs N60 Billion / Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month / Aishah Ahmad: Profile Of The CBN Deputy Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.