Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever (63109 Views)

Breaking: Tope Awotona officially recognized as a billionaire on Forbes / Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US / Forbes: Tope Awotona First Nigerian American Billionaire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by BabaIbo: 5:14am On Apr 07, 2022
Viraltrends123:
At least his father is not in asian jail like yours, after trying to sneak drugs in

E pain you, cry me a river!
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by VULCAN(m): 5:18am On Apr 07, 2022
How you degenerated a simple argument about the valuation of two companies into insulting Igbos shows you are nothing but a low level scum tribalist shit.

Instead of arguing how much another man's company is worth why don't you go and develop your own.

Baggar

trutharena:

Now ask yourself how much is the commission daily and now compare it to the subscription fees Calendly collect daily also and use that to infer the worth.

IPOB terrorists lack thinking. So because bank collect commissions daily that means they must be the richest business in the world? Why is no bank listed in the top 10 companies with the biggest worth in the world? You see your lame logic?

Just as Remitta collect commission on money is as Calendly collect subscription fees daily. Calendly has over 10million active users paying subscription in $$. Use your brain for once Shinedu.

What is Remitta market cap value? Paste him here to save us from his lame back and forth argument.
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by BabaIbo: 5:19am On Apr 07, 2022
revolt:

Oga yes..... the difference is yoru as seem to work s.arter than igbos. Igbos are clearly more hard working and don't take risks u til we are sure then we take over theatket. But you have tp give it to some yorubas.... they're quite industrious too.

Speak for yourself please, that you don't take risk is not the same for another.

Look at this one saying Igbo people don't take risk, you even said they take more risk, that shows you are ignorant of what you're saying.

A honest Yoruba person will tell you otherwise, i.e he/she will disagree with you on the risk taking part.
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Alajiki(m): 5:33am On Apr 07, 2022
Razgas:
Every true Igbo man respects yoruba Christians. But you see yoro moslems miscreants? Menace to society. If they are not supporting aboki, they are supporting Chicago druggie

Yeh, yeh,yeh,yeh...yinmu for you.

No flat-headed fool can polarise Yoruba land along religious lines. You try but you no try.

5 Likes

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Viraltrends123: 5:40am On Apr 07, 2022
Phut:

That is a big lie. Chinedu Echeruo sold hopstop to Apple for a cool $1 billion dollars. And this was way before Awotona dreamt of his company. Chinedu Echeruo has since sold more tech start ups such as Tripology. Awotona is trying, but Chinedu is definitely ahead of him.
BTW, Chinedu remains president of the Board of Hopstop.
Guy, Apple didn't disclose how much was the deal with hopstop, they stop using it 2015, since then, the app has been obsolete the guy is not a billionaires, he is not in Forbes list of billionaires. I know it pains you seeing this news of a Yoruba making billionaires, more is coming. There is no igbo billionaires.

7 Likes

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Viraltrends123: 5:43am On Apr 07, 2022
VULCAN:
How you degenerated a simple argument about the valuation of two companies into insulting Igbos shows you are nothing but a low level scum tribalist shit.

Instead of arguing how much another man's company is worth why don't you go and develop your own.

Baggar

Baggar and fool, you didn't tag the other guy for arguing about another man's company, or are you blind you can't see the other guy started the argument, are you blind in the mind, you can comprehend the other guy was trying to make jest of the successful Yoruba man by saying his networth is fake.

5 Likes

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Nobody: 5:46am On Apr 07, 2022
Razgas:
A moslem grin typical undecided
same way you a typical christian did it.

Hypocrisy. Ur mama started it first.

3 Likes

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Cousin9999: 6:08am On Apr 07, 2022
YES!
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Viraltrends123: 6:08am On Apr 07, 2022
BabaIbo:

E pain you, cry me a river!
My comment shock you abi, Pele sorry
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by maasoap(m): 6:09am On Apr 07, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

olodo, u tink say I dey say d guy no try. I just dey school u say no be by valuation.

if 10 million dey pay $20 monthly for calendly,dat na $200m monthly and dat na $2.4 billion revenue alone from subscription fees. abeg use ur brain for once, which company go dey make $2.4 billion yearly and still dey raise money from investors every time.

U need sense aswear2gud. Business no be for by valuation o, na by real cash and cashflow wey dey flow like river. If dat company get dat money, e no go dey do series funding upandan, in fact, equity funding no go enter dem eyes especially for $3 b valuation.

Give it a rest, commission and subscription no be mate. Why are you even arguing here? Those who are tracking and valuing the worth of each company have put the info out there. Stop this your Jankara analysis

4 Likes

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Shemadex(m): 6:13am On Apr 07, 2022
SilentQueen:
I love men like this, who has vision not those that go abroad to spoil the country's name and end up populating their prisons over there!

Truly Yoruba is the master when it comes to business but they don't chest beat about it!
God bless Nigeria! grin
Thank u God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Nobody: 6:19am On Apr 07, 2022
Flossq:

yoruba no be master nothing igbos are far ahead. One small glory una don they talk plenty. Call me a hater I love that word
I said what I said...keep wailing on boy!

2 Likes

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Gval123: 6:30am On Apr 07, 2022
BeingCamping:
Wow nice one.

Naija to the world.
u nor get shame at all. He's not a Nigerian, na American e be. u see am with any dead green passport? Na ibulu e day use. ( I know say u nor know watin ibulu mean) go ask. South Africans nor day day Elon Musk na their person. make naija stop to day take glory for another people labour.

1 Like

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Nobody: 6:38am On Apr 07, 2022
BabaIbo:

You're a dishonest tribalistic being.

You denied referring to Igbos when @obynzo quoted you but that was actually what you meant.

The fact remains that guy on the news doesn't know you nor does he give a f about you or any tribalistic soul here.

And for your information, he might even have close Igbo pals, while you all are here wallowing in stu pidity.

Lastly, stop attaching yourself to people who doesn't know you just because they are successful.
Go and make your own money or tell your people to make their own money.

Don't bother quoting me because I won't reply you after this.
okay you might not reply but at least you will read it and have sense, you and that other bastard are wailing up and down this page trying to justify the Igbos when most of us did not even mention the Igbo, we only appreciate a yoruba son a true Nigerian who is representing the country's name!
Nobody is doing attachee by force, I am very sure you haven't travel outside the shores of Nigeria to see how the name of the country have been painted bad! cry
Having a hundred more of men like this will atleast bring a good name to the country and also create soft landing for us in the business world abroad!
A win for one is a win for all!!!
Stay blessed you foolish fellow grin

4 Likes

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by HBB1(m): 6:52am On Apr 07, 2022
revolt:

Oga yes..... the difference is yoru as seem to work s.arter than igbos. Igbos are clearly more hard working and don't take risks u til we are sure then we take over theatket. But you have tp give it to some yorubas.... they're quite industrious too.

You think the hate comes from the Yorubas?

...and yet your people populate the whole South-West without hassles?

You think the hate comes from the Yorubas and you can generalize to say Igbos are more hardworking than they are?

What a mischevious comparison

So you call Yorubas lazy and still accuse them of peddling hate?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Ijaya123: 7:02am On Apr 07, 2022
MrMaestro:
Wonderful development. When people say Yorubas aren’t in a class of their own when it comes to business, continue to show them people like this guy. There are even more other tribes from Nigeria in America, yet a Yoruba is the wealthiest Nigerian immigrant. Soon he will pass every other black american. Only entertainers and Robert Smith are ahead of him. If this company goes public he might pass Dangote. Thank God almighty that the Yorubas are blessed.

When it comes to setting up a proper business organisation, the Yorubas are head and shoulders above others in Nigeria. Our brothers from the East are only good in trading.

The other day one of them said I’m confused that what’s the difference between trading and running a business. This is what I told him.

When you buy and sell oranges to make profit, that’s trading.
When you buy oranges and produce juice from it and sell to make profit, that’s business.

A ju ara wa lọ, ijajadi kọ.

6 Likes

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by YorobaPIGS: 7:08am On Apr 07, 2022
jrusky:
Nigerians are naturally great. I love my people and my country with passion.

Nigeria is my home proudly Nigeria thunder fire apc.
Aneemal

You won't see the tribalistic comments and chest beating from the yorobans now, if it were igbos praising their own you'll open your cursed, filthy mouth to talk rubbish. Onuku

1 Like

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Tennessee85: 7:22am On Apr 07, 2022
BabaIbo:

You are the one that needs to check that, but let me give you an example...
Check for the guy that sold an app to Apple for a billion dollars and he has also sold others while he also have others he is handling.

Lest I forget, he is still in the team of the app he sold to Apple.
Lol, go to bed jare

1 Like

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by zoedew: 7:29am On Apr 07, 2022
Thankfully not an Invictus!
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 07, 2022
SilentQueen:
okay you might not reply but at least you will read it and have sense, you and that other bastard are wailing up and down this page trying to justify the Igbos when most of us did not even mention the Igbo, we only appreciate a yoruba son a true Nigerian who is representing the country's name!
Nobody is doing attachee by force, I am very sure you haven't travel outside the shores of Nigeria to see how the name of the country have been painted bad! cry
Having a hundred more of men like this will atleast bring a good name to the country and also create soft landing for us in the business world abroad!
A win for one is a win for all!!!
Stay blessed you foolish fellow grin

Well cursing someone is already an indication that what we are saying is fact. Oga I know you were a bustard when you were born, but that doesn't mean you should be an unfortunate person. Just pay heed to the advice ehnnn
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 07, 2022
Viraltrends123:
He is the wealthiest Nigerian immigrant, one of the wealthiest Immigrant, because their are even more Indians in us that Nigerians
Oga stop trying to be mischievous the article said one of the wealthiest he is not the wealthiest bros abeg easy with the fables.
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 07, 2022
Tennessee85:

Oya, mention the Igbos. just one.

Apart from that guy mention any other Yoruba wealthy immigrant in the US.
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 07, 2022
LILTJAY:
but she nor mention igbos now?
Igbos are only wealthy in asian jails

Just as Yoruba are wealthy in UK jails for credit card scams
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 07, 2022
HBB1:

And how do Yorubas hype their tribe again?

What do they say?

Come on man...

We know who loves to do the chest-beating

Bro stop being mischievous the igbo hype is in response to the Yoruba chest beating. I have been on this forum for a long time to observe that. You guys scream chest beating when we hype our own as par fresh air after the insults because you always expect that igbos will be in negative news.
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 07, 2022
Sheggy13:

The bolded is a big lie except you're new to Nairaland. We all know those who started the shouts of Amaka and what not. Don't twist the narrative.

You are the biggest liar. Who were the ones that started the Yoruba is the best tribe toga on Nairaland since 2010 that is what I heard. Igbo Amaka started from 2014 so bros you guys are the real chest beaters.
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by HBB1(m): 7:54am On Apr 07, 2022
obynzo:

Bro stop being mischievous the igbo hype is in response to the Yoruba chest beating. I have been on this forum for a long time to observe that. You guys scream chest beating when we hype our own as par fresh air after the insults because you always expect that igbos will be in negative news.

...and how do Yorubas chest-beat again?

What do they say?
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by HBB1(m): 7:55am On Apr 07, 2022
obynzo:

You are the biggest liar. Who were the ones that started the Yoruba is the best tribe toga on Nairaland since 2010 that is what I heard. Igbo Amaka started from 2014 so bros you guys are the real chest beaters.

Igbo Amaka started in 2014?

You lie!

Chest-beating on this platform is associated with a group of people, and in your heart-of-hearts, you know who.
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 07, 2022
HBB1:

...and how do Yorubas chest-beat again?

What do they say?

You want to start this narcissistic games of playing victim right
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 07, 2022
HBB1:

Igbo Amaka started in 2014?

You lie!

Chest-beating on this platform is associated with a group of people, and in your heart-of-hearts, you know who.

If you don't believe that is your business but I know what I am saying.
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by delpee(f): 8:27am On Apr 07, 2022
Senomii:

Why was the guy trash talking nigeria saying lagos is dangerous and all of that? Unless half his brains had been eaten by dogs with that statement he made he should've realized his negative portrayal of our country could lead to a negative perception from outsiders and may drive away investors

His dad was killed in his presence by armed robbers at age 12. The family left Nigeria shortly after that.
That kind of thing gets ingrained in one's mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Bignuell(m): 9:35am On Apr 07, 2022
How this thread went from an intellectual argument to this tribal bashing is unbelievable. Have alot to say though but we can do better than this. A win for one, na all of us still get. I was thinking that Nigerian banks market cap is something but that truth guy provided receipt. Before we starting arguing about who is the richest, make we try dey understand some kind tech related term. He is one of the wealthiest immigrant as per the worth of the company. Let's understand how these things work. I'm not from any of the 3 major ethnic group but this guy is on his way to something big. Have a nice day everyone
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by investigator007: 10:05am On Apr 07, 2022
Congrats to him, him try.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Folorunsho Alakija Is Building Famfa Towers, Costs N60 Billion / Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month / Aishah Ahmad: Profile Of The CBN Deputy Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.