Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,338 members, 7,954,388 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:56 PM

My Parents Are Really Annoying Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents Are Really Annoying Me (683 Views)

My Husband Is So Annoying. I'm Depress. / My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! / My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Parents Are Really Annoying Me by Ultraviolet5: 3:02pm On Apr 06, 2022
I am sharing this here because....I don't know why I am sharing this here but ,here we go.
My parents like going to burials and events way too much. we are a lower middle class family,struggling to make ends meet and pay our bills. Always managing and scrounging.
Despite all of this my parents have built an illusion of well being around themselves whenever they travel home to the village. we live in Enugu and my home town is in imo ,not a very far distance but not a close one either. Every month my parents are usually traveling home either separately or together for one event or the other,burial , traditional wedding or meeting. Every time , they end up coming back almost completely broke to start again.
They have made themselves too available for all these events and it pisses me off very much. How can you be going for a burial and you are carrying three chickens"in case visitors come" they said and yet in your fucking home there is nothing. You travel and start dashing out money you don't have!! , Every time they come back something always goes wrong, one of them usually falls sick or gets injured,and KEEP GOING BACK! , showing the"village people" that they are not dead yet!

4 Likes

Re: My Parents Are Really Annoying Me by Ultraviolet5: 3:06pm On Apr 06, 2022
I don't know how to say this to them without sounding rude and disrespectful. How to tell them to give it a rest and build their home ,to stop setting themselves up for pain . If you don't show up,the dead will still be buried,the engaged will marry so stay home and fix it.
PS: this is just me ranting expressing my anger ,I'm not asking for validation.
Re: My Parents Are Really Annoying Me by Killmaster1(m): 3:10pm On Apr 06, 2022
U won't understand until u grow up.sometimes,the people may have attended ur parents event also.or they may share some bond that u don't know.people are seeing them.u will be shocked when u parents organise a simple event and there is no space for people!they reciprocate.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Are Really Annoying Me by Winneygirl(f): 3:17pm On Apr 06, 2022
The people your parents go to everytime are their "support system".
You kids will grow up and leave them.
They need to be engaged in activities in order to keep loneliness away and stay strong.
Please stop discouraging them from going out and attending events. It makes them happy. It keeps them active. And they will have people they can turn to if they have issues in life.
Re: My Parents Are Really Annoying Me by Kobojunkie: 3:22pm On Apr 06, 2022
Ultraviolet5:
I don't know how to say this to them without sounding rude and disrespectful. How to tell them to give it a rest and build their home ,to stop setting themselves up for pain . If you don't show up,the dead will still be buried,the engaged will marry so stay home and fix it.
Unless you are willing to pay for mental Health counseling for your parents, I recommend you leave them to what is there delusion, and instead learn "what not to do" from their experience. undecided

It is in no way disrespectful to voice your opinion on what seems like foolishness on their part but if they haven't gotten around to figuring out the issue with their behavior as a couple, I don't know if you can give them that jolt either. undecided

At least make certain they don't leave you kids starving whenever they travel for these burials and what not. Work hard so you can gain your independence and make better choices in your own life abeg! undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Are Really Annoying Me by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:23pm On Apr 06, 2022
this is just another case of "people buying things they don't need, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like"
Re: My Parents Are Really Annoying Me by Cutehector(m): 3:27pm On Apr 06, 2022
Ultraviolet5:
get a boyfriend that would distract you from all these..you worry too much.
Re: My Parents Are Really Annoying Me by Candidlady: 3:34pm On Apr 06, 2022
Cutehector:

And this is the best advice you could come up with lipsrsealed undecided

Dummy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Parents Are Really Annoying Me by PlayerMeji: 3:42pm On Apr 06, 2022
Okay
Re: My Parents Are Really Annoying Me by Ayo081(m): 3:50pm On Apr 06, 2022
I don't think there's anything you could do than to learn from their err and do better for yourself and help them (parents and siblings) so everyone remains happy.
Re: My Parents Are Really Annoying Me by Mindlog: 4:05pm On Apr 06, 2022
I can relate with your experience but your parents are already set in their ways and there is nothing much you can do.

I have a cousin who also lives in Enugu (Asata mine road) almost every weekend he and his wife are attending one function or the other in the village (also in Imo state)! cheesy cheesy
Re: My Parents Are Really Annoying Me by Ultraviolet5: 4:11pm On Apr 06, 2022
Cutehector:
eww nooooo! ,Bleep no!
Re: My Parents Are Really Annoying Me by faithfull18(f): 4:38pm On Apr 06, 2022
Nawa.
Re: My Parents Are Really Annoying Me by ImaIma1(f): 7:24pm On Apr 06, 2022
Killmaster1:
U won't understand until u grow up.sometimes,the people may have attended ur parents event also.or they may share some bond that u don't know.people are seeing them.u will be shocked when u parents organise a simple event and there is no space for people!they reciprocate.

Not while there's no food to eat at home. We don't have to attend all parties. There are people that can use their children's school fees to attend parties. I don't attend every event but my event is always full. We have to choose which to attend.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Are Really Annoying Me by yuping(m): 8:34pm On Apr 06, 2022
undecided have you tried talking to them?
Re: My Parents Are Really Annoying Me by DontBullshitMe: 6:49am On Apr 07, 2022
Your family is not middle class. That part is wrong.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Are Really Annoying Me by Beremx(f): 9:23am On Apr 07, 2022
Your parents are among the community of VILLAGE PEOPLE. They have to be in attendance. grin grin grin
Re: My Parents Are Really Annoying Me by Richy4(m): 9:23am On Apr 07, 2022
They are doing what they like and what gives them joy and happiness and you may or may not like it.... Putting up an appearance gives them happiness and satisfaction...

You can only Vent Your Anger when the money they were spending is yours... but if it's not yours, Please respect their decision and do not lord your opinion on them...they are adults.....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is Landlord Meeting Compulsory? / How Do I Go About This? >:( / Advice To Boys That Grew Up Fatherless!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.