Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Akume: I’ve Donated My N20m For Nomination Form To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akume: I’ve Donated My N20m For Nomination Form To APC (13513 Views)

Female Inheritance: Court Orders A-ibom Man To Pay Nieces N20m For Denying Them / Olajumoke Awosika: I Will Return To My N20m Farm If I Get Licence To Use Guns / Yakubu Dogara: How I Donated My 6 Month Salary In Building Covenant University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akume: I’ve Donated My N20m For Nomination Form To APC by osinbanjoisaliar: 3:16pm On Apr 06, 2022
Minister of Special Duties and Inter-governmental Affairs, George Akume, disclosed yesterday that he has donated the N20million he used to purchase the chairmanship nomination forms of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to the party.

Akume gave the hint while addressing journalists when he led stakeholders of the party from Benue State on a solidarity visit to the party’s national chairman, Abdullahi Adamu, at the party’s national secretariat in Abuja.

President Buharii was said to have ordered the party to refund to aspirants the money used in purchasing the forms for the chairmanship position after Adamu emerged consensus candidate for the position.

Asked if he had gotten a refund of the money for nomination forms, Akume said, “The issue of money does not arise. I had willingly donated my own to the party and I believe others would do the same thing.

“We have this basic understanding; we have to support the present leadership of the party to succeed. That is what is important so that we will continue with the good work that Mr president is doing.

“Let me say that those of us who indicated interest for leadership of the party did not have any ulterior motive. We have no sinister motive whatsoever. We thought we could also add value to the party, taking it to the next level as we move towards 2023. We are very patriotic citizens and we are members of this party. Those of us who tried to have a shot at the chairmanship slot are still members of this party and nothing has distracted us from joining others in finding solutions to the small problems that we have in the APC.

“The issue of directives did not occur whatsoever in our dinner with Mr president. We ate dinner with him and he appealed to us to build the consensus as much as we could and that was basically what we did. It was not a directive and you know who the president is – a Democrat to the core.”

On the purpose of the visit of the party stakeholders from Benue, the former governor said they were at the party’s national secretariat to show solidarity to the new national chairman.
He stated: “Basically we are here on a solidarity visit, we came to congratulate the chairman for being elevated to the exalted position of chairman of the greatest party in Africa.

This is a party that has membership of over 42 million Nigerians. Clearly legitimises by the photograph that we have on each form, I can say at a point that our junior partners have tried to do what we did so successfully.

“The revalidation exercise, they tried twice and they failed twice. So we are very proud of this record that we are the biggest political party in West Africa.”

On the crisis rocking the party in Benue and other states, Akume said, “A very big political party like the APC, even at the state level, is expected to have little irritations here and there but these irritations are not sufficiently strong to break the organic unity of the party in Benue State. Even members of the same family occasionally have some issues.

“We want to assure Nigerians, particularly the APC and indeed the national chairman that the little irritation in Benue State is going to be squarely addressed for the benefit of our party and for the benefit of our teaming supporters who look up to the APC as the only hope of the common man in Benue State and even at the national level.

“So we are very confident that APC Benue will come on stronger than can never be imagined. We are doing very well; we have registered so many members. We have registered those who are ready to vote and therefore, Benue is ready to go.”

https://leadership.ng/ive-donated-my-n20m-for-nomination-forms-to-apc-akume/

3 Likes

Re: Akume: I’ve Donated My N20m For Nomination Form To APC by osinbanjoisaliar: 3:21pm On Apr 06, 2022
If you know sey dem born your papa papa well go collect de 20million naira. D slap wen Buhari go give you ehn, your mouth go dey leak for 9months. Everybody dey contest, you carry yourself go join. Awon olowo maga

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akume: I’ve Donated My N20m For Nomination Form To APC by SmartProf(m): 3:23pm On Apr 06, 2022
Looted money is so easy to forgo...even if u were to donate such sum, don't you have constituents that need it for some empowerment? U rather donated it to APC as though APC is a charity home.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akume: I’ve Donated My N20m For Nomination Form To APC by MathewOG(m): 3:34pm On Apr 06, 2022
All these million and billions, these people mention everytime, what is really their duty that earn them such money, that is why the government just want the money to be only on the hands of politicians so that the country will be in perpetual ruins and poverty. If Nigeria is not rescued from the hands of these people on time, it will die, all of you shouting our leader, our leader he/she doesn't know you or care about you, they are just running their business with your head and blood.

15 Likes

Re: Akume: I’ve Donated My N20m For Nomination Form To APC by SIMONEKPA7: 3:34pm On Apr 06, 2022
African leaders irritates me.

2 Likes

Re: Akume: I’ve Donated My N20m For Nomination Form To APC by slawormiir: 3:35pm On Apr 06, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Waste of cash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akume: I’ve Donated My N20m For Nomination Form To APC by Massiveglory: 3:35pm On Apr 06, 2022
This is a party that has membership of over 42 million Nigerians.

The manner which these guys fabricate numbers is fearful. Even the devil will be shocked.

That was how they fabricated numbers with andy Uba Primaries only to see another thing in the elections.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akume: I’ve Donated My N20m For Nomination Form To APC by Truthisunique2: 3:36pm On Apr 06, 2022
Money when yo don chop as minister pass 20million na

It's no brainier
Re: Akume: I’ve Donated My N20m For Nomination Form To APC by tillaman(m): 3:37pm On Apr 06, 2022
sad
Because you no fit see am collect back
Yansh don swallow am

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akume: I’ve Donated My N20m For Nomination Form To APC by Runaway: 3:39pm On Apr 06, 2022
Thieves....
Re: Akume: I’ve Donated My N20m For Nomination Form To APC by SarkinYarki: 3:41pm On Apr 06, 2022
Afterall the money came out of our treasury
Re: Akume: I’ve Donated My N20m For Nomination Form To APC by Laggafin: 3:42pm On Apr 06, 2022
Ogbeni if u like donate your life .. is non of my business
Re: Akume: I’ve Donated My N20m For Nomination Form To APC by ATEAMS: 3:44pm On Apr 06, 2022
Tff
Re: Akume: I’ve Donated My N20m For Nomination Form To APC by ajensly1987(m): 3:45pm On Apr 06, 2022
MathewOG:
LIKE this comment if you believe the money was looted
Re: Akume: I’ve Donated My N20m For Nomination Form To APC by NADFOR: 3:45pm On Apr 06, 2022
And your State is borrowing money to pay workers.

Naija don suffa from this wicked and useless politicians
Re: Akume: I’ve Donated My N20m For Nomination Form To APC by bestman09(m): 3:46pm On Apr 06, 2022
sad
Mumu people and Zone Bs go clap for you
Re: Akume: I’ve Donated My N20m For Nomination Form To APC by Dyke15(m): 3:50pm On Apr 06, 2022
Bandits don finish Benue pple ND dis one thought it wise to donate it to a useless party? undecided
What happened to the IDP's?
He's busy trying to save his useless political career

1 Like

Re: Akume: I’ve Donated My N20m For Nomination Form To APC by Bigii(m): 3:52pm On Apr 06, 2022
Useless Tiv criminal. As una kill Benue so, na so una life will never know peace. Criminal
Re: Akume: I’ve Donated My N20m For Nomination Form To APC by FoolaniHellman: 3:55pm On Apr 06, 2022
Who born you b4?

You wan collect money from Cultist like Buhari Regime

You go Collect Wotowoto!

1 Like

Re: Akume: I’ve Donated My N20m For Nomination Form To APC by Piglet16: 4:00pm On Apr 06, 2022
Re: Akume: I’ve Donated My N20m For Nomination Form To APC by Bato93: 4:07pm On Apr 06, 2022
Our politician are so selfish, Akune want to tell us that A PC need the 20 million more than his constituency.
how many people has he empowered in his constituency for the last four years.
He decided to forgo the money so as to remain relevant and secure favour of APC and the govt.
God is watching you all wicked self centered politician

1 Like

Re: Akume: I’ve Donated My N20m For Nomination Form To APC by abobote: 4:10pm On Apr 06, 2022
Looted money,
Instead of donating it to the poor people of benue, he looted from their account, he chose his evil party
Re: Akume: I’ve Donated My N20m For Nomination Form To APC by drLammy(m): 4:17pm On Apr 06, 2022
He should rather say, I've invested 20m into the party and hoping to cash out in the nearest future.
Re: Akume: I’ve Donated My N20m For Nomination Form To APC by ufotunang: 4:34pm On Apr 06, 2022
The 20 million constituency project of your people...is it your own money

(1) (2) (Reply)

Labour Party May Change Okupe As Obi’s Campaign DG / Elections: UK To Close Lagos Visa Application Centres Monday Over Safety Concern / Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.