Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,065 members, 7,956,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:06 AM

How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone (1198 Views)

My Memory Card;:::keeps Corrupting Files I Transfer Or Received: Marking It (?) / Ipod Touch!how Do I Transfer Music From Laptop To My Ipod Touch? / How Can I Transfer Operamini From Phone To Another Person's Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by suze(f): 10:03am On Aug 06, 2007
Plssssss. can any one give me instructions on what to do if this is possible. I want to transfer a song from my laptop to my phone using the nokia pc suite. But I only want to transfer part of the song to my phone and not all. I need the chorus only, or at least i want the song to start from the chorus on my phone.

is this possible?? If it is , how do i go about it?
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by abohrandy: 11:15am On Aug 06, 2007
u will have to get a program that you will use to edit the song. and save before transferring!!!
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by suze(f): 11:51am On Aug 06, 2007
what kind of program is that? I use a nokia N73
Cant the nokia music editor do it?
Whats d nokia music editor meant for?
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by xreakz(m): 3:53pm On Aug 06, 2007
you'll ve to get either audacity or blaze media pro. just google them
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by DoubleN(m): 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2007
Get Sound forge or good old Nero!
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by hayprof(m): 2:48pm On Aug 24, 2007
Whats Model of Phone do you use?
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by suze(f): 10:34pm On Aug 25, 2007
I use a Nokia N73
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by Mutee: 12:16pm On Aug 26, 2007
use nokia multimedia converter pro v2.
That's wat i use.
it converts any multimedia file to which ever u want
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by suze(f): 10:28am On Aug 27, 2007
Mutee:

use nokia multimedia converter pro v2.
That's what i use.
it converts any multimedia file to which ever u want

Can it edit song(I want onlythe chorus of a particular song to be on my phone)
Where can I get it. Can I download it or something?

xreakz:

you'll ve to get either audacity or blaze media pro. just google them

I downloaded audacity from google. But pls how do I use it
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by maxjax(m): 2:13pm On Aug 27, 2007
@suze AUDACITY is what u need 2 accomplish dat mission, i hav 4gotten hw it workz tho. @mutee cn 1 get part of a song frm dat nokia converter pro?
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by xreakz(m): 7:46pm On Aug 27, 2007
i can't really remember hw to fully use it. but i remember it has to do with opening the file if it is an MP3 file or importing as raw if it is a WMA file. highlight wat u don't need then delete. then use the 'save as'command to save so u don't to destroy the original file
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by suze(f): 10:14am On Aug 28, 2007
Plsssssssss. Who knows how to use audacity undecided cry

And where can I get the nokia multimedia converter from?
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by BayoMaya(m): 12:34pm On Aug 28, 2007
I was about sayn dat, get sound forge,cut out parts u like,and ones dnt,mix bout 100 in jst an mp3 file,do alot nd it eZ i didnt learn it,took 10mins 2 undastand
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by hayprof(m): 2:41pm On Aug 28, 2007
I use Motorola Phone Tools,

You can try it if u have it,

But i culd help u with a song u want to Cut -What's the Name of the Song?
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by Ralvy(m): 10:41am On Aug 29, 2007
I see u're getting too many responses telling you to do different things, you're probably confused at this point.
I thnk u shuld just download Xilisoft 3gp Video Converter, Blaze Media Pro or even Fruity loops,

When u are about tu convert, you can set the time the song shuld start from and when it should end, I will get a link to one of the softwares for you.

If u dnt mind, u can just tell me the name of the song and what you want me to do to it,
the start time and end time, and I will email the edited song to u.

wink
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by suze(f): 10:46am On Aug 29, 2007
Bayo-Maya:

I was about sayn that, get sound forge,cut out parts u like,and ones dnt,mix bout 100 in jst an mp3 file,do alot nd it eZ i didnt learn it,took 10mins 2 undastand

Where can I get sound forge from?
hayprof:

I use Motorola Phone Tools,

You can try it if u have it,

But i culd help u with a song u want to Cut -What's the Name of the Song?

Can Motorola tools work for a Nokia phone? I have lots of songs of my laptop that I want to cut. Onyeka owenu, christy essien,kellis,gnarles barkely, etc
Ralvy:

I see u're getting too many responses telling you to do different things, you're probably confused at this point.
I thnk u shuld just download Xilisoft 3gp Video Converter, Blaze Media Pro or even Fruity loops,

When u are about tu convert, you can set the time the song shuld start from and when it should end, I will get a link to one of the softwares for you.

If u dnt mind, u can just tell me the name of the song and what you want me to do to it,
the start time and end time, and I will email the edited song to u.

wink

Can I email the songs i want to cut to you? wink smiley
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by ow11(m): 3:13pm On Aug 31, 2007
Ralvy is right.there are so many ways to do what u want but for me i think the easiest way is to download an mp3 splitter ( i guess the song is in mp3 format). http://www.codevisions.de/mp3splitter/readme.html
the software enables u cut out any part of a song and saves it as mp3.it has a simple user interface and is easy to use.
it is also a freeware.
most new phones support mp3 so u don't need to convert anything.
i hope this helps
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by suze(f): 10:21pm On Sep 08, 2007
Ive been able to download audacity and I have also leo my phonearnt how to use it now but the proble m now is that I have to convert to MP3 before I can transfer tch I dowo my phone. Audacity recommended the lame Mp3 encoder which I downloaded too but in the process of trying to MP3 using the lame Mp3 encoder I downloaded, a window opens and says

"THE APPLICATION OR DLL C:\Program Files\Audacity\lame_enc.dll is not a valid windows image.Please check this against your installation diskette."

What do I do to solve this problem?
ow11:

Ralvy is right.there are so many ways to do what u want but for me i think the easiest way is to download an mp3 splitter ( i guess the song is in mp3 format). http://www.codevisions.de/mp3splitter/readme.html
the software enables u cut out any part of a song and saves it as mp3.it has a simple user interface and is easy to use.
it is also a freeware.
most new phones support mp3 so u don't need to convert anything.
i hope this helps

I also tried downloading the mp3 splitter but the download page is not opening.

Pls i need help!!!
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by shylle(m): 10:19am On Sep 10, 2007
Too many confused posts flying around. angry

Well, I edit songs all the time. I use a software called Goldwave. Just google it. It lets you save a portion of the song u want in any format. You can even edit the song: reduce volume, reduce noise, remove the voice and leave just d beats, remove channels, everything you can think of! And it saves in every format: wav, mp3, wma whatever.

Just get it and dat's d end of all your problems. Lemme know if u av problems.

(I've been using it since last year and it works fine. I use it to edit my ringtones. I don't download ringtones from anywhere; i make dem myself!)
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by ow11(m): 7:20pm On Nov 04, 2007
@suze
here's a new link
http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0-1-0.html?qt=mp3+splitter&author=&titlename=&desc=&dlcount=&daysback=&swlink=&gfiletype=&os=&li=49&dlsize=&ca=
there are 3 diff ones, take ur pick, they should all be easy to use
if ur still looking to solve ur problem.

(1) (Reply)

Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone / Undoing A Code On Nokia E71 / Unlock Usa Cdma Locked Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.