Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone (1175 Views)

My Memory Card;:::keeps Corrupting Files I Transfer Or Received: Marking It (?) / Ipod Touch!how Do I Transfer Music From Laptop To My Ipod Touch? / How Can I Transfer Operamini From Phone To Another Person's Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by suze(f): 10:03am On Aug 06, 2007
Plssssss. can any one give me instructions on what to do if this is possible. I want to transfer a song from my laptop to my phone using the nokia pc suite. But I only want to transfer part of the song to my phone and not all. I need the chorus only, or at least i want the song to start from the chorus on my phone.

is this possible?? If it is , how do i go about it?
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by abohrandy: 11:15am On Aug 06, 2007
u will have to get a program that you will use to edit the song. and save before transferring!!!
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by suze(f): 11:51am On Aug 06, 2007
what kind of program is that? I use a nokia N73
Cant the nokia music editor do it?
Whats d nokia music editor meant for?
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by xreakz(m): 3:53pm On Aug 06, 2007
you'll ve to get either audacity or blaze media pro. just google them
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by DoubleN(m): 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2007
Get Sound forge or good old Nero!
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by hayprof(m): 2:48pm On Aug 24, 2007
Whats Model of Phone do you use?
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by suze(f): 10:34pm On Aug 25, 2007
I use a Nokia N73
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by Mutee: 12:16pm On Aug 26, 2007
use nokia multimedia converter pro v2.
That's wat i use.
it converts any multimedia file to which ever u want
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by suze(f): 10:28am On Aug 27, 2007
Mutee:

use nokia multimedia converter pro v2.
That's what i use.
it converts any multimedia file to which ever u want

Can it edit song(I want onlythe chorus of a particular song to be on my phone)
Where can I get it. Can I download it or something?

xreakz:

you'll ve to get either audacity or blaze media pro. just google them

I downloaded audacity from google. But pls how do I use it
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by maxjax(m): 2:13pm On Aug 27, 2007
@suze AUDACITY is what u need 2 accomplish dat mission, i hav 4gotten hw it workz tho. @mutee cn 1 get part of a song frm dat nokia converter pro?
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by xreakz(m): 7:46pm On Aug 27, 2007
i can't really remember hw to fully use it. but i remember it has to do with opening the file if it is an MP3 file or importing as raw if it is a WMA file. highlight wat u don't need then delete. then use the 'save as'command to save so u don't to destroy the original file
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by suze(f): 10:14am On Aug 28, 2007
Plsssssssss. Who knows how to use audacity undecided cry

And where can I get the nokia multimedia converter from?
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by BayoMaya(m): 12:34pm On Aug 28, 2007
I was about sayn dat, get sound forge,cut out parts u like,and ones dnt,mix bout 100 in jst an mp3 file,do alot nd it eZ i didnt learn it,took 10mins 2 undastand
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by hayprof(m): 2:41pm On Aug 28, 2007
I use Motorola Phone Tools,

You can try it if u have it,

But i culd help u with a song u want to Cut -What's the Name of the Song?
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by Ralvy(m): 10:41am On Aug 29, 2007
I see u're getting too many responses telling you to do different things, you're probably confused at this point.
I thnk u shuld just download Xilisoft 3gp Video Converter, Blaze Media Pro or even Fruity loops,

When u are about tu convert, you can set the time the song shuld start from and when it should end, I will get a link to one of the softwares for you.

If u dnt mind, u can just tell me the name of the song and what you want me to do to it,
the start time and end time, and I will email the edited song to u.

wink
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by suze(f): 10:46am On Aug 29, 2007
Bayo-Maya:

I was about sayn that, get sound forge,cut out parts u like,and ones dnt,mix bout 100 in jst an mp3 file,do alot nd it eZ i didnt learn it,took 10mins 2 undastand

Where can I get sound forge from?
hayprof:

I use Motorola Phone Tools,

You can try it if u have it,

But i culd help u with a song u want to Cut -What's the Name of the Song?

Can Motorola tools work for a Nokia phone? I have lots of songs of my laptop that I want to cut. Onyeka owenu, christy essien,kellis,gnarles barkely, etc
Ralvy:

I see u're getting too many responses telling you to do different things, you're probably confused at this point.
I thnk u shuld just download Xilisoft 3gp Video Converter, Blaze Media Pro or even Fruity loops,

When u are about tu convert, you can set the time the song shuld start from and when it should end, I will get a link to one of the softwares for you.

If u dnt mind, u can just tell me the name of the song and what you want me to do to it,
the start time and end time, and I will email the edited song to u.

wink

Can I email the songs i want to cut to you? wink smiley
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by ow11(m): 3:13pm On Aug 31, 2007
Ralvy is right.there are so many ways to do what u want but for me i think the easiest way is to download an mp3 splitter ( i guess the song is in mp3 format). http://www.codevisions.de/mp3splitter/readme.html
the software enables u cut out any part of a song and saves it as mp3.it has a simple user interface and is easy to use.
it is also a freeware.
most new phones support mp3 so u don't need to convert anything.
i hope this helps
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by suze(f): 10:21pm On Sep 08, 2007
Ive been able to download audacity and I have also leo my phonearnt how to use it now but the proble m now is that I have to convert to MP3 before I can transfer tch I dowo my phone. Audacity recommended the lame Mp3 encoder which I downloaded too but in the process of trying to MP3 using the lame Mp3 encoder I downloaded, a window opens and says

"THE APPLICATION OR DLL C:\Program Files\Audacity\lame_enc.dll is not a valid windows image.Please check this against your installation diskette."

What do I do to solve this problem?
ow11:

Ralvy is right.there are so many ways to do what u want but for me i think the easiest way is to download an mp3 splitter ( i guess the song is in mp3 format). http://www.codevisions.de/mp3splitter/readme.html
the software enables u cut out any part of a song and saves it as mp3.it has a simple user interface and is easy to use.
it is also a freeware.
most new phones support mp3 so u don't need to convert anything.
i hope this helps

I also tried downloading the mp3 splitter but the download page is not opening.

Pls i need help!!!
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by shylle(m): 10:19am On Sep 10, 2007
Too many confused posts flying around. angry

Well, I edit songs all the time. I use a software called Goldwave. Just google it. It lets you save a portion of the song u want in any format. You can even edit the song: reduce volume, reduce noise, remove the voice and leave just d beats, remove channels, everything you can think of! And it saves in every format: wav, mp3, wma whatever.

Just get it and dat's d end of all your problems. Lemme know if u av problems.

(I've been using it since last year and it works fine. I use it to edit my ringtones. I don't download ringtones from anywhere; i make dem myself!)
Re: How do I transfer part of a Song & Not D Whole Song From My Laptop To My Phone by ow11(m): 7:20pm On Nov 04, 2007
@suze
here's a new link
http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0-1-0.html?qt=mp3+splitter&author=&titlename=&desc=&dlcount=&daysback=&swlink=&gfiletype=&os=&li=49&dlsize=&ca=
there are 3 diff ones, take ur pick, they should all be easy to use
if ur still looking to solve ur problem.

(1) (Reply)

Opportunities And Challenges Of Wap Media In Nigeria. / Is It Possible To Retrieve Past Phone Records From Mtn Zain? / Zain Light & Mtn Indian Proxy Config

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.