Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,053 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? (11916 Views)

Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe / Fayose: I Will Not Watch Tinubu Pulled Down / Fayose: "I Am A Big Boy Like Orji Kalu, Tinubu" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? by dre11(m): 7:41am On Apr 07, 2022
Ayodele Fayose, former governor of Ekiti, says he will not drop his presidential ambition for any politician in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Fayose spoke on Wednesday during an interview on Channels Television.

Speaking during the programme, the former Ekiti governor said he has purchased the nomination form to contest for the PDP presidential ticket, adding that the PDP must zone its ticket to the south.

“I don’t believe in not zoning this presidential ticket. I was a member of the zoning committee except for the last day that I picked up my form,” he said.

“All they said was ‘because the party ought to have started the process a long time, for reasons on the fact that some people have bought forms, maybe the party can find a way to work around consensus’. They never made that statement (on throwing the presidential ticket open).

“Let me say to you, the only solution is zoning. The north can’t contest the last primary — the one we had in Port Harcourt which was an all northern affair — and come and tell us that there won’t be southern affair.”

The former governor, however, said he will only accept the consensus option if he is nominated as the consensus presidential candidate.

“I saw the people going around for consensus. Who will step down for who? You asked me to step down? I won’t step down,” he said.

“They said they want all of us to come and do consensus. I don’t know about them. I have taken my form today. I am not going to step down.

“Who knows if it is me that Nigerians want to vote for? Do you know the mind of Nigerians? Do you know who they want? Any meeting or anywhere they talk about consensus, as good as that language looks, it is undemocratic.”

Asked if he has what it takes to win the 2023 presidential election for the PDP, Fayose said he has the “street credibility” to win the poll.

“It is Nigerians that will determine who will win the election. How did I win in Ekiti as a two-term governor, defeating two incumbents? Life starts from somewhere,” he added.

“If I do not matter, why did you bring me here? Nigerians love me. I purposely went there to get this form. I will start to go to states to let them know. I am prepared for this onslaught. I’m going to contest this election.”

https://www.thecable.ng/fayose-i-wont-drop-my-presidential-ambition-who-knows-if-nigerians-prefer-me

7 Likes

Re: Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? by Fahdiga(m): 7:42am On Apr 07, 2022
Fayose is a million times better than Wike but Peter Obi is the one Nigerians want at the moment

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? by omenkaLives(m): 7:42am On Apr 07, 2022
Run Fayose, run. Okoros will surely vote for you. smiley

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 07, 2022
Matters arising grin

Pls patronise us today for your power steering pump of all car models. (WhatsApp 0904597649seven

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? by Fahdiga(m): 7:45am On Apr 07, 2022
omenkaLives:
Yes we will gladly vote for him if he we wins the primary election

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? by PlayMaker14: 7:48am On Apr 07, 2022
omenkaLives:
Is Fayose not better than the urinating machine called Tinubu?

I don't know why the Iragbiji born cocaine lover called Tinubu and his moroniic supporters think he's the best thing after Jollof Rice....

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? by Shedrack777: 7:48am On Apr 07, 2022
definitely? some nigerians will prefer you, but those are the stupid and greedy ones

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? by Frigga13: 7:50am On Apr 07, 2022
Some politicians are just funny...

This one the use Ekiti Dey compare Nigeria

This Yoruba people funny

Fayose for President grin

North 2023

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? by inoki247: 7:52am On Apr 07, 2022
Lol Jokers too much for diz coming election...

Dey want to turn presidential election to Class Captain election...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? by kingphilip(m): 7:59am On Apr 07, 2022
E be like me self go de ballot for this election o.

Nairalanders how una see am?

This one wey everybody wan contest na to go register one party name am NAIRALAND PEOPLE'S CONGRESS then contest under am o.

As we get 2.8m nairaland members and each of them bring two people and the two people bring another two people, I suppose win o.

13 Likes

Re: Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? by Truthisunique2: 8:04am On Apr 07, 2022
You want to turn Nigeria to kpomo republic abi

Aside adesina there is no Yoruba politician that doesn't believe in stomach infrastructure as highest development
Re: Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? by omenkaLives(m): 8:06am On Apr 07, 2022
PlayMaker14:
Is Fayose not better than the urinating machine called Tinubu?

I don't know why the Iragbiji born cocaine lover called Tinubu and his moroniic supporters think he's the best thing after Jollof Rice....

That is why I said he should contest, that Okoros will vote for him. Abi wetin come dey pain you? smiley

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? by illicit(m): 8:19am On Apr 07, 2022
Don't waste ur time and money
Re: Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? by Moferere: 8:35am On Apr 07, 2022
He has a better chance than Peter Obi undecided

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? by Cantonese: 8:40am On Apr 07, 2022
The more the merrier.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? by Maxymilliano(m): 8:56am On Apr 07, 2022
Alawada ... I watched him on Channels talking about street credibility and how he branched off at Iya Ojo buka to eat amala and ponmo after picking his expression of interest form. grin

7 Likes

Re: Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? by limeta(f): 9:08am On Apr 07, 2022
He might just be that person as he might not play the caliphate biddings

2 Likes

Re: Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? by Seyiemath(m): 10:00am On Apr 07, 2022
hmmm

1 Like

Re: Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? by englishmart(m): 10:01am On Apr 07, 2022
perish that idea bro.
You have not been faithful with the unrighteous mammon, who will then commend to your care the true riches?

1 Like

Re: Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? by Taogbera: 10:01am On Apr 07, 2022
Joker of our time.
Hahahahahaa
Re: Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? by Offpoint1: 10:02am On Apr 07, 2022
I rather vote you over Bullion Van
Re: Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? by NnamdiAzikiwe: 10:02am On Apr 07, 2022
Who be this
Re: Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? by DickDastardly(m): 10:02am On Apr 07, 2022
shocked
Re: Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? by Nonybb: 10:03am On Apr 07, 2022
I wonder how a nation would prefer an Agbero over other competent hands. Wike, Fayose and Yahya Bello's political and presidential aspiration is a joke and insult to the sensibility of Nigerians, especially that of Bello. It is an insult

9 Likes

Re: Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? by gidado14(m): 10:03am On Apr 07, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Appoints Michael Julius Isiuku As Acting Auditor General For The Federation / Why Nigerians Should Elect Me President In 2019 – Ezekwesili / Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.