Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,399 members, 7,853,773 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:56 PM

African Migrants Are Making A New Life In Atlantic Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / African Migrants Are Making A New Life In Atlantic Canada (391 Views)

African Migrants Hiding Inside Dashboard And Engine / Some Dangerous Ways African Migrants Illegally Enter Europe [photos] / Jubilation As African Migrants Enter Spain After Forcing Entry At Border. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

African Migrants Are Making A New Life In Atlantic Canada by NigeriaAbroad: 12:55pm On Apr 07, 2022
"Today, opportunities are available to Africans in Nova Scotia if they are persistent, according to Oluwaseyi Sanni, a lawyer from Nigeria who hopes to practice law in Halifax."

omali-born refugee Ali Duale has positive memories of his arrival in Canada's Atlantic province of Nova Scotia, where he first entered his hotel room to find a welcoming note in his native language along with hygienic supplies and a cheque to pay for anything else that he needed.

Twenty-five years later, Duale is repaying the province with his service as an elected member of the provincial legislature representing a district in Halifax, the provincial capital. That service, he says, is all about his sense of community.

"The word community to me has many meanings," Duale told Voice of America in a recent interview. "I'm a Muslim, I'm Black, I'm a refugee, I'm a newcomer, I'm a Nova Scotian, I'm a Haligonian. Each one has a meaning to me and that's what brought me to what I am today....Click on the link below to read the complete post.

https://nigeriabroad.com/african-migrants-are-making-a-new-life-in-atlantic-canada

cc: Mynd44, omj4j

(1) (Reply)

Accomodation Cost In Ikeja / Which South America Visa Is Easy To Get I Mean Like Two Weeks / I Omitted My Middle Name In My Appointment Confirmation Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.