Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,902 members, 7,810,466 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Missing Little Girl: Should I Go Back To The Police Station - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Missing Little Girl: Should I Go Back To The Police Station (831 Views)

Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station / 70 Missing Little Children Found In Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria / Zambian Man Kills Wife's Lover On Their Bed & Shows Up At Police Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Missing Little Girl: Should I Go Back To The Police Station by Chijeep(m): 8:21pm On Apr 07, 2022
Hello nairalanders, please I need advice.
It happened on Sunday evening, 3rd of April 2022 around 8.30pm while I was crossing a double lane road I saw a little girl of age around 5-6years. She almost ran into a bike's man route but thanks to God that nothing bad happened.
So as am about to scold the little girl why she didn't looked well before crossing I found out that it's only her walking so after some interrogation and tracing the direction she gave to there house I noticed that she's lost because she didn't know the name of her street and kept pointing straight and doesn't seems closer to her home.
I took her to a friend's shop who sells beer parlor for some advice and when we're about to get her food people around there said we shouldn't give her anything yet till she get to police station because of bad omen.
So I took a bike to police station A'division ilorin and getting there I explained everything that happened so after redirecting me to different offices including the DPO's office. The DPO then gave the officer who's taking us around (as directed by each boss we went to his/office) the order to take down my name, address and phone number and keep the child and tell me to go that when her people comes they'll call me to confirm that the child have seen her people.
But since that Sunday I haven't seen there call and I felt for the little girl that even if it's not because of the case of kidnapping that might arise I wanted to take the girl to my house and be caring for her.
SO PLEASE I NEED YOUR SINCERE ADVICE IF IT'S OK THAT I GO BACK TO THE POLICE STATION TO KNOW IF THE GIRL HAVE FOUND HER PEOPLE
Re: Missing Little Girl: Should I Go Back To The Police Station by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:43pm On Apr 07, 2022
there is nothing wrong with being a caring individual, and wanting to know what happened to that child... for your own peace of mind, i suggest you go back to the police station to enquire about it.

4 Likes

Re: Missing Little Girl: Should I Go Back To The Police Station by backnbeta(f): 8:45pm On Apr 07, 2022
Ordinarily, you should follow the case up to a logical conclusion; it'll give you closure and peace of mind. But what If you go and they charge you for kidnapping, 'unlawful' possession of a child n ko?
Personally, I'd rather take the child to a radio station...(What naija police can't charge you for doesn't exist cheesy)
Re: Missing Little Girl: Should I Go Back To The Police Station by Realmi: 8:47pm On Apr 07, 2022
U can go back to the area where u met her, and ask questions, I am sure she lives around there

They should be looking for her by now...
Re: Missing Little Girl: Should I Go Back To The Police Station by gasparpisciotta: 8:59pm On Apr 07, 2022
Since you took her to the police station, it is okay for you to follow up to know if she has been reunited with her family.

3 Likes

Re: Missing Little Girl: Should I Go Back To The Police Station by obiekunie01: 9:06pm On Apr 07, 2022
Chijeep:

But since that Sunday I haven't seen there call and I felt for the little girl that even if it's not because of the case of kidnapping that might arise I wanted to take the girl to my house and be caring for her.
SO PLEASE I NEED YOUR SINCERE ADVICE IF IT'S OK THAT I GO BACK TO THE POLICE STATION TO KNOW IF THE GIRL HAVE FOUND HER PEOPLE

paedo.

They always pretend to care while all they want is to devour the innocent kid.

1 Like

Re: Missing Little Girl: Should I Go Back To The Police Station by OscarJaden(m): 9:11pm On Apr 07, 2022
obiekunie01:

paedo.

are you okay at all?
Re: Missing Little Girl: Should I Go Back To The Police Station by obiekunie01: 9:49pm On Apr 07, 2022
OscarJaden:
are you okay at all?

no you are not thats why u r a paed.
Re: Missing Little Girl: Should I Go Back To The Police Station by Chijeep(m): 10:00pm On Apr 07, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
there is nothing with being a caring individual, and wanting to know what happened to that child... for your own peace of mind, i suggest you go back to the police station to enquire about it.
Ok thanks.
But what of if they see me as someone looking for a reward for my gesture?
I mean, looking for the parents to give me money for helping them. I really don't trust police officers when it comes to money
Re: Missing Little Girl: Should I Go Back To The Police Station by Chijeep(m): 10:02pm On Apr 07, 2022
obiekunie01:

paedo.

I expect more from someone like you.
Have you ever find a cute wild animal before?
You'll even want to adopt it not to talk of a sorry kid who felt homeless
Re: Missing Little Girl: Should I Go Back To The Police Station by obiekunie01: 10:10pm On Apr 07, 2022
Chijeep:

I expect more from someone like you.
Have you ever find a cute wild animal before?
You'll even want to adopt it not to talk of a sorry kid who felt homeless

ok
Re: Missing Little Girl: Should I Go Back To The Police Station by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:10pm On Apr 07, 2022
Chijeep:

Ok thanks.
But what of if they see me as someone looking for a reward for my gesture?
I mean, looking for the parents to give me money for helping them. I really don't trust police officers when it comes to money

dont worry about what anyone might think, so long as your effort is genuine... and BTW, you should indeed get a reward (even if it is just a "thank you" from child's parents) for your action, as it could have ended differently.

1 Like

Re: Missing Little Girl: Should I Go Back To The Police Station by HeavenVGate: 10:23pm On Apr 07, 2022
Chijeep:
Hello nairalanders, please I need advice.
It happened on Sunday evening, 3rd of April 2022 around 8.30pm while I was crossing a double lane road I saw a little girl of age around 5-6years. She almost ran into a bike's man route but thanks to God that nothing bad happened.
So as am about to scold the little girl why she didn't looked well before crossing I found out that it's only her walking so after some interrogation and tracing the direction she gave to there house I noticed that she's lost because she didn't know the name of her street and kept pointing straight and doesn't seems closer to her home.
I took her to a friend's shop who sells beer parlor for some advice and when we're about to get her food people around there said we shouldn't give her anything yet till she get to police station because of bad omen.
So I took a bike to police station A'division ilorin and getting there I explained everything that happened so after redirecting me to different offices including the DPO's office. The DPO then gave the officer who's taking us around (as directed by each boss we went to his/office) the order to take down my name, address and phone number and keep the child and tell me to go that when her people comes they'll call me to confirm that the child have seen her people.
She missed her road in ilorin? Really? Even if she is blindfolded and throw in the oja tuntun market, she should still get home. I don't believe anyone can miss road in ilorin because ilorin is so small and scanty. Ask her again for her parent's address and take her there or go to a radio station to have her announced on Oro re ( Yoruba morning news ). If she is Hausa, forget it, her parents won't show up so take her to oja ipata or tipper garage junction in front of edinwo supermarket because they have been chased away to that side due to the ongoing bridge.
Re: Missing Little Girl: Should I Go Back To The Police Station by Chijeep(m): 10:42pm On Apr 07, 2022
HeavenVGate:

She missed her road in ilorin? Really? Even if she is blindfolded and throw in the oja tuntun market, she should still get home. I don't believe anyone can miss road in ilorin because ilorin is so small and scanty. Ask her again for her parent's address and take her there or go to a radio station to have her announced on Oro re ( Yoruba morning news ). If she is Hausa, forget it, her parents won't show up so take her to oja ipata or tipper garage junction in front of edinwo supermarket because they have been chased away to that side due to the ongoing bridge.
Don't say that ooo...
I myself was born and brought up in ilorin but I don't really know many places I only hears about the names but if I find myself there I won't know the direction home not to talk of a small kids
Re: Missing Little Girl: Should I Go Back To The Police Station by illicit(m): 7:44am On Apr 08, 2022
Yes

Go back

At least make sure she gets fed

1 Like

Re: Missing Little Girl: Should I Go Back To The Police Station by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:40am On Apr 08, 2022
Go back and check on the girl. If you are married, take the girl home and hand over to your wife. If you are not married, take the girl and handover to your sister or mom. Please don't keep the girl in your house if you are living alone as a bachelor.
Re: Missing Little Girl: Should I Go Back To The Police Station by Chijeep(m): 12:49pm On Apr 08, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
Go back and check on the girl. If you are married, take the girl home and hand over to your wife. If you are not married, take the girl and handover to your sister or mom. Please don't keep the girl in your house if you are living alone as a bachelor.
Thanks but sorry to ask, is it unlawful if I kip her
Re: Missing Little Girl: Should I Go Back To The Police Station by LilMissFavvy(f): 12:55pm On Apr 08, 2022
I wouldn't want to use the word "unlawful". I rather use the word "prevention", "for safety reasons", etc. Rape of minors is on the increase even within families, how much more outside. You may be suspected for rape if you keep the child.
Chijeep:

Thanks but sorry to ask, is it unlawful if I kip her
Re: Missing Little Girl: Should I Go Back To The Police Station by Chijeep(m): 3:20pm On Apr 08, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
I wouldn't want to use the word "unlawful". I rather use the word "prevention", "for safety reasons", etc. Rape of minors is on the increase even within families, how much more outside. You may be suspected for rape if you keep the child.
A little girl of 5-6years ?
That'll be crazy for someone to think of that undecided
Re: Missing Little Girl: Should I Go Back To The Police Station by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:23pm On Apr 08, 2022
Something your gender is commiting every single second? Try and frequent the "crime section" regularly so that you see it. Personally, I can never trust an unknown Nigerian...... man with a little girl. The girl child needs to be protected. Prevention is better than cure.
Chijeep:

A little girl of 5-6years ?
That'll be crazy for someone to think of that undecided

1 Like

Re: Missing Little Girl: Should I Go Back To The Police Station by DryMouth: 3:30pm On Apr 08, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
Something your gender is commiting every single second? Try and frequent the "crime section" regularly so that you see it. Personally, I can never trust an unknown Nigerian...... man with a little girl. The girl child needs to be protected. Prevention is better than cure.
A big fool is what you are
Re: Missing Little Girl: Should I Go Back To The Police Station by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:32pm On Apr 08, 2022
A son of a.....dog is who you are. Blind....faggottt who refuses to accept reality.
DryMouth:

A big fool is what you are

2 Likes

Re: Missing Little Girl: Should I Go Back To The Police Station by DryMouth: 3:58pm On Apr 08, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
A son of a.....dog is who you are. Blind....faggottt who refuses to accept reality.
Doesn't change the fact that you are a big fool.
Re: Missing Little Girl: Should I Go Back To The Police Station by Chijeep(m): 4:23pm On Apr 08, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
Funny...
So because people doing it means that one can't help hospitalized a female who's in need of roof?
If the police will give me the chance to be caring for the little girl if her parents haven't come for her I won't hesitate to accept

(1) (Reply)

N50m Ransom: Bandits Hold Newborn In Captivity, Flog Mother / My Only Crime Is Coming Into This World Help Am Doomed / Man Killed And Dumped Inside A Car In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.