Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,802 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station (31359 Views)

Iyabo Ojo & Princess Storm Panti Over Attempt To Bail Baba Ijesha (Video) / FSARS: Christopher Akpan Slumps, Dies Inside Office / Ringleader Of Yahoo Plus Gang That Kidnapped, Killed DELSU Student Slumps, Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by ManirBK: 8:48am On Apr 21
An elderly man, Alhaji Muftau Mohammed of Gbeganu Area of Minna, Niger State capital, slumped and died at Morris Police Division, where he had gone to bail two of his sons, Mubarak Ahmed and Yusuf Mohammed who were reportedly arrested by the police.

Mubarak and Yusuf told Daily Trust that they were picked by the police around 11pm on Wednesday where they were sleeping in a burglary in front of their house due to heat.

According to Yusuf, We were lying down in a burglary in front of our house around 11:23pm when three police patrol vans passed us and went into Gbeganu Area. Few hours later, we saw them coming back and we stood up. Suddenly, the vehicle in the middle packed in front of us and they asked what we were doing outside. We told them that it was where we normally sleep because of heat. One of the officers forced the burglary opened and ordered his colleagues to put us in the vehicle and take us to the station.

When we got to the station at Morris, they collected our phones and put us in the cell. At about 20 minutes later, I was in cell when I heard my father’s voice outside. Later I heard him screaming, asking for water and few seconds later, I didn’t hear anything again. It was at that point that I asked one of officers what was happening outside. But one of the officers told his colleague not to tell us anything. Later I didn’t hear our father’s voice again until when we were told that he was dead.”

Also speaking, Mr Dauda Jimo, the deceased neighbor who took him on his bike to police station that fateful night, said Alhaji Muftau Mohammed had high blood pressure and that each time he was woken up horribly, he usually develops severe headache.

“It was in my presence that his sons were picked by the police and Alhaji had already retired to bed. It was the noise from his daughters and neighborhood that woke him up horribly. So, when they told him that Mubarak and Yusuf were taken away by the police, he called me to bring my bike to take him to the police station. We got to police station at about 12:33am.

“So, where we were seated, he told me he was having a severe headache and I should get him water to drink. We looked for water around the vicinity but we couldn’t get because all the shops around had closed for the day. It was in the process that he collapsed and one of the tricycles that was arrested was released to take us to the hospital and one policeman was asked to follow us.

“We went to Imani Clinic, we were told that doctor was not around. So, we headed for General Hospital. On our way, the fuel in Tricycle got finished. It was at that point that we saw one of the police vans with which Yusuf and Mubarak were arrested . So, they stopped and we told them what happened and they took us to Minna General Hospital. Getting to the hospital, we dropped Alhaji’s dead body and police left.”

Another neighbor, Alhaji Ahmad Abdullahi, who claimed to have witnessed all that transpired told our correspondent that the deceased’s wife who also followed them to police station fainted when the news of her husband’s death was broken to her.

“The wife wanted to trek kilometers to Morris Police Division that night but I obliged her to enter my car. Immediately we got to Morris Police Division, one of our neighbors who took Alhaji there rushed to me. Not knowing that his wife was sitting in the back seat, he broke the news to us and the wife jumped out of the car. As she was about running to enter the station, she fell down and fainted. It took some minutes before she was revived,” he narrated.

When contacted, the Niger Stat Police Command’s Public Relations Officer, SP Wasiu Abiodun, the confirmed the incident.

He said police had commenced investigation into the matter to ascertain the fact, and to also look into the scenario if there was any act of negligence for necessary disciplinary action.

https://dailytrust.com/father-slumps-dies-while-trying-to-bail-sons-at-police-station/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by ManirBK: 8:48am On Apr 21
Na lie. Na police kill am!

I hope they didn't collect bail fee from his corpse!!

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by Redomi(m): 8:52am On Apr 21
Hmmm, police needs to investigate this. I don't trust Nigerian police

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by shortgun(m): 8:55am On Apr 21
I always wonder why the Nigerian police force always act as if they are at war with the Nigerian people. Why all the rivalry and hostility towards the people they are supposed to serve and protect?
A simple verification to ascertain if the boys lived there would have prevented this man from dying

262 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by StarFist(m): 8:59am On Apr 21
Father and sons.. very sad story

3 Likes

Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by AAAA67: 9:00am On Apr 21
What investigation again?.
Unlawful and illegal arrest of two sons at the same time , killed Alhaji
Nothing else

139 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by immortalcrown(m): 9:07am On Apr 21
This shows that Nigerian law enforcers are the most unlawful ones in Nigeria.

Why were the boys arrested?

Is it illegal for a person to sleep in front of his house because of heat?

Or, is there a curfew in the area? Even if there is curfew, the boys were not outside the burglary proof of the house.

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by judatech: 9:23am On Apr 21
Typical case of naija happening to a family

60 Likes

Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by Houseontherock1: 9:44am On Apr 21
As a Nigerian, you have to know that the police is not your friend in any way. They don't like you, they can't understand you...avoid them so that you will not need to shalaye unnecessarily undecided

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by buharibanjo(m): 11:38am On Apr 21
What was their offence?? Coz from the story de were sleeping outside due to the terrible heat currently. I know how usual it is for the folice to parade innocent people whenever they get no legible customers.
The incident caused the death
Stressing an old fragile man at that time of the night.
Rip to him 🕊

31 Likes

Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:01pm On Apr 21
And mumu people get angry when they call their country a ZOOO.

Just go through this story again, come back and tell me what Nigeria is

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by Samsunny99: 1:26pm On Apr 21
I laugh when Dem talk say people dey abuse naira, abeg who dey abuse naira pass for checkpoint?
They must have frustrated the old man
It is well
Last last everybody go chop breakfast if we no wise up

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by Sparrk007(m): 2:04pm On Apr 21
Na stress, Nigeria police will stress the hell out of you. Police don charge me 100k to bail my sister which had problem with her neighbour
I was like 100k for 2fighting undecided undecided

25 Likes

Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by ManOfSteel2(m): 2:19pm On Apr 21
Nigerian Police, what a story!

Very reliable data merchant.... 1GB @200. MTN only.. Whatsapp or call 08109365129. All payments goes to 8109365129. OPAY/PALMPAY

1 Like

Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by imagrg(m): 2:21pm On Apr 21
Police!

Police!!

Police!!!

How many times did I call you?

Don't forget the 'EndSARS' saga oh!

People dey vex now oh!

13 Likes

Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by Farrason: 4:09pm On Apr 21
shortgun:
I always wonder why the Nigerian police force always act as if they are at war with the Nigerian people. Why all the rivalry and hostility towards the people they are supposed to serve and protect?
A simple verification to ascertain if the boys lived there would have prevented this man from dying

Hostility towards our young men especially. They act bitter, cold and vengeful as if they are taking out their anger and frustration on you.

Same citizen of same country and not proven to be a criminal... Na wah.

19 Likes

Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by KossyKiss97(f): 5:03pm On Apr 21
It is well

1 Like

Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by Akwamkpuruamu: 5:04pm On Apr 21
Nigeria police have done more harm than good as an institution

12 Likes

Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by Nahunger(m): 5:04pm On Apr 21

The man is deeply troubled at heart, this situation might have triggered his BP.

10 Likes

Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by oluwaseyi0: 5:04pm On Apr 21
Something they do regularly in the South

Seems the north have no clue about Nigeria police, they are just getting to know gradually

14 Likes

Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by DMerciful(m): 5:06pm On Apr 21
Life expectancy in Nigeria which is an indices of development, is too low. However, Nigerians will rather focus on which govt built more flyover even when general healthcare is extremely poor

8 Likes

Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by NaijaCover(m): 5:06pm On Apr 21
Hmmmmmm
Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by YeyeGbami: 5:06pm On Apr 21
Triple wahala
Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by israelmao(m): 5:08pm On Apr 21
Foolish and indiscriminate arrest of his sons by the police caused his death.

10 Likes

Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by dododawa1: 5:08pm On Apr 21
90%

Of

NIGERIA

Forces

Will

------------------------------------

Life .
Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by Kingpele(m): 5:08pm On Apr 21
Nawaoh
Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by Truthsandtrusts: 5:09pm On Apr 21

6 Likes

Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by 43Ronin: 5:10pm On Apr 21
The
Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by BABAawoo47: 5:10pm On Apr 21
shortgun:

why are you ranting as if you don't know why they do it? It's simple, to extort them later. They don't care about the crime, only looking for ways to make more money.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by correctguy101(m): 5:12pm On Apr 21
shortgun:

Rivalry and hostility?

It's all for you to part with "something for the boys"..

When that "something" finally touches their hands, you'll see them smiling at you...

Illegally arresting and detaining people is common everywhere in the country. Some will even falsely accuse young boys of being criminals to escape their incompetence.

SMH

6 Likes

Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by greenermodels: 5:12pm On Apr 21
Nigeria is a crime scene, it's worse than a zoo, police officers forcefully opening burglary enclosures to arrest young men sleeping at home for no good reason. Nigerian male youths are an endangered species.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Niger State Police Station by Seunpapa65: 5:12pm On Apr 21
Niger police na criminals

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

60% Of Sex Workers In Italy Are Nigerian Girls – Oasis / 10-Year-Old Armed Robber Arrested In Bayelsa, Confesses (Photo) / DPO Battered By Female UBA Banker In Lagos Hospitalised

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.