Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,891 members, 7,841,342 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Why Do Nigerians Abroad Think We At Home Can Not Do Well/are Not Doing Well - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Do Nigerians Abroad Think We At Home Can Not Do Well/are Not Doing Well (570 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? / Nine Years Old Boy Beaten To Death For Not Doing Homework / Amb Bosinde "Meet ACP Ben Igweh One Officer Doing Well" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Abroad Think We At Home Can Not Do Well/are Not Doing Well by Nobody: 1:02am On Apr 08, 2022
Hello rooms
I find it so disgusting when ever I am talking with some of my friends abroad sometimes
They feel they’ve made it in life because they are abroad
Meanwhile you are even doing better than them. I see them as a modern slaves because they do all sorts of works they can’t even think of doing here

What is your view please because this same people will complain to me about too much tax and difficulties they are going through. Some Had to sleep with,Mary older or ugly women to get papers and all sort of things like that.

Why complicating your life when we all gonna die sooner or later ?

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Think We At Home Can Not Do Well/are Not Doing Well by WoundedLamb: 1:25am On Apr 08, 2022
Hhmm.... Before you ask others thier view on the issue, I suggest you first ask them if thier own friends and relatives behave that way. I said so cause I personally believe the reverse is the case. Those in Nigeria tend to think the ones abroad have made it in life until they move abroad themselves only to realize after a week that the struggles are pretty much the same everywhere. cheesy

If you belong to a circle of friends who constantly want to show others how they're better off, then you shouldn't be surprised when they start rubbing it on your face that they're in a better country. On the other hand, it's also possible you're the one reading meaning into everything they say cause you're already feeling inferior without knowing it (no offense intended, it's human nature). Or maybe you're projecting your own personality on them cause if/when you travel out, you'd like to let others know you're better off. Any of these would imply you either need to change your friends or your mindset. Just saying.

It's also possible I'm just lucky not to know such people who look down on those in Nigeria. That would be funny considering how many immigration share flats, live in basement apartments and do all sorts of things just to survive. Even the educated ones would tell you the first couple of years ain't always easy for them. But it definitely gets better, trust me. In fact, seeing them as modern slaves would be overreaching cause the truth is, any legal work one is doing doesn't really matter if the compensation is worth it.

Let's hear what others have to say.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Think We At Home Can Not Do Well/are Not Doing Well by Nobody: 1:35am On Apr 08, 2022
WoundedLamb:
Hhmm.... Before you ask others thier view on the issue, I suggest you first ask them if thier own friends and relatives behave that way. I said so cause I personally believe the reverse is the case. Those in Nigeria tend to think the ones abroad have made it in life until they move abroad themselves only to realize after a week that the struggles are pretty much the same everywhere. cheesy

If you belong to a circle of friends who constantly want to show others how they're better off, then you shouldn't be surprised when they start rubbing it on your face that they're in a better country. On the other hand, it's also possible you're the one reading meaning into everything they say cause you're already feeling inferior without knowing it (no offense intended, it's human nature). Or maybe you're projecting your own personality on them cause if/when you travel out, you'd like to let others know you're better off. Any of these would imply you either need to change your friends or your mindset. Just saying.

It's also possible I'm just lucky not to know such people who look down on those in Nigeria. That would be funny considering how many immigration share flats, live in basement apartments and do all sorts of things just to survive. Even the educated ones would tell you the first couple of years ain't always easy for them.

Let's hear what others have to say.

Wells another point of view
I have friends that just came back from Ukraine. Imagine they all had to start from zero

Who knows if this war would extend to Uk,US and other Neighboring countries ?
Then they got to come back home stranded. I don’t pray for that anyways
I just hope our oga at the top fix this country. No place like home
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Think We At Home Can Not Do Well/are Not Doing Well by mariovito(m): 1:39am On Apr 08, 2022
I agree with both the op and the first comment er.

One mind to have if you're in Nigeria and don't intend moving is to be contented. While some amenities maybe easily and readily available in those climes, the truth is that there's no society without it's underbelly.

Also, life goes on regardless of the part of the hemisphere one finds himself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Think We At Home Can Not Do Well/are Not Doing Well by Realist12: 2:14am On Apr 08, 2022
Because Nigerians in Nigeria will use the slightest opportunity to ask for financial assistance from those abroad with the sycophantic behavior exaggerate their situation. Imagine how many of such mentality they face regularly, automatically they develop the godly traits

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Think We At Home Can Not Do Well/are Not Doing Well by Nobody: 2:18am On Apr 08, 2022
Realist12:
Because Nigerians in Nigeria will use the slightest opportunity to ask for financial assistance from those abroad with the sycophantic behavior exaggerate their situation. Imagine how many of such mentality they face regularly, automatically they develop the godly traits

Well said. Some able Nigerians sabi beg pass almajiri but on a low. Them no get shame
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Think We At Home Can Not Do Well/are Not Doing Well by Mooh247: 2:24am On Apr 08, 2022
cool

If only you know how many Nigerians embarass themselves daily begging their relatives abroad for money then you might be surprised that people in Nigeria portrayed themselves in such manner

I remember posting an old picture I took abroad to celebrate my friends birthday on WhatsApp...

Few days after, the request for help started coming in... One guy needed a laptop from me, another girl wanted a phone, a distance relative wanted to pay his child's school fees.. urgent 5k request was uncountable

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Think We At Home Can Not Do Well/are Not Doing Well by chukwuibuipob: 4:33am On Apr 08, 2022
sad stop disturbing their peace with ur my dey hospital,landlord wan eject u for not paying. Children sch fees and other beggar style. The pipu living abroad aren't machine

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Think We At Home Can Not Do Well/are Not Doing Well by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 4:35am On Apr 08, 2022
My brother left nigeria for US at d age of 25, spent 15years doing a lot of jobs to meet his target. he was deported after beating his white girlfriend & comes home with nothing. he`s now into saw mill business, happily married with 3kids & own 2 houses in 7years after his deportation. but this same brother tells us that if u haven`t got to US ur stay on earth is not complete.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Think We At Home Can Not Do Well/are Not Doing Well by chatinent: 4:39am On Apr 08, 2022
It all depends on the two parties involved...but in all, Naija no good.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Think We At Home Can Not Do Well/are Not Doing Well by falcon01: 4:43am On Apr 08, 2022
Are they wrong though?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Think We At Home Can Not Do Well/are Not Doing Well by CountVersailles(f): 5:17am On Apr 08, 2022
blackmamber:
Hello rooms
I find it so disgusting when ever I am talking with some of my friends abroad sometimes
They feel they’ve made it in life because they are abroad
Meanwhile you are even doing better than them. I see them as a modern slaves because they do all sorts of works they can’t even think of doing here

What is your view please because this same people will complain to me about too much tax and difficulties they are going through. Some Had to sleep with,Mary older or ugly women to get papers and all sort of things like that.

Why complicating your life when we all gonna die sooner or later ?

See, the idea that Nigerians end up doing better abroad is very real. Don't let all those chin gum boys doing carer job and marrying older women deceive you. Those are often the desperate ones who go illegally. Let me tell you the story of a friend I know personally. No be say I hear story.

She was working in one of the big4 accounting firms in Lagos as a secretary making about 120k per month. She could barely save enough for her rent in Lagos, though she was living good too sha. She moved to Canada via express entry some years ago and now doing a bare customer service job with a telecoms provider she has been able to buy a home (on mortgage, of course) and paying comfortably. In a month, she makes more than she made in Nigeria in a year even after you take out mortgage and utilities. She could never have thought about making that much while she was in Nigeria. Her standard of living has improved greatly on just a customer care job.

see, my friend, if you go to these countries legally and you do legitimate work, there is no reason your standard of living shouldn't be much better than you left it back in Nigeria. Don't let anyone deceive you.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Think We At Home Can Not Do Well/are Not Doing Well by Zulu2022: 12:15pm On Apr 08, 2022
With doings of yahoo boys in Nigeria,many guys fr abroad or foreign land de fear,cos boys go intimidate dem, imagine ur younger brother u left and travel abroad is pushing 20milli Benz,y u de manage fr there de pretend u de alright,apart from good environment nd amenities,bro is not worth,unless u de do crime there,even if u earning 4kdolls monthly,u going to spend it,imagine a two bedroom flat costing 450k naira in Dubai,y most niggaz way de dere na 200k Dem de earn,abroad is hype bro,it only favors lady

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Islamic Violence: The True Face Of A Muslim Neighbor / Maid Who Killed Mother Of Edo Ex-governor Lucky Igbinedion Sentenced To Death By / Just In! Suspected Boko Haram Terrorist Arrested At Uromi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.