Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,632 members, 7,958,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:36 AM

BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race (994 Views)

INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election / Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers / INEC Officially Declares Umar Ganduje Winner Of Kano State Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race by Kosiso12(f): 7:58am On Apr 08, 2022
BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race In 2023 | #IgbereTV

Ahead of 2023 General elections, Former Secretary to Ebonyi State Government (SSG) Prof Bernard Odoh has officially declared his intention to contest the 2023 Governorship election in Ebonyi State.

Speaking Thursday at a declaration ceremony held at Pinnacle Hotel in Abakaliki, Odoh announced that he would contest the election under the platform of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA).

According to him, "the primary purpose of this media interaction is to publicly announce to the suffering Ebonyi people that an alternative, a credible and competent alternative, to the current way of doing things will now be provided under the platform of all the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA),’ he said.

‘As I appointed out earlier, this is a season of heightened political rumours and speculations. I had deliberately chosen to bide my time, lay the necessary structural foundations alongside my political partners and collaborators, and set up an outreach network of historical dimensions before venturing into the field again. And only when I was satisfied that everything was in place to execute a challenging task such as running for the governorship election, that I decided to let the World know my intentions and aspirations".

The political space cannot and must not be surrendered to political manipulators or to dangerous clashes of ambitions. As we witness the paralysis that has overcome the process of governance, Ebonyi people must be given hope for a better future and better prospects for themselves and their families.

“And that is exactly what I am presenting to us – I represent that positive alternative; a generational forward-match that will take us, as a people, into the immense developmental opportunities of the 21st century.

“This state of paralysis today is dramatically typified by the comical spectacle whereby two-thirds of the State House of Assembly is judicially sacked and the remaining one-quarter has arbitrarily been suspended or allegedly resigned, leaving a lacuna in governance that is both intolerable and dangerous in a democratic setting.

“This would have been laughable under normal conditions but we live in dangerous and anguished times and, therefore, cannot afford any aspect of our full complement of governance to be in abeyance or crippled by crisis, no matter the circumstances,” Odoh said.

"In the course of the coming 10 to 11 months, we will demonstrate that Ebonyi people are yearning for a humane, protective and caring leadership genuinely anchored on extant human conscience, the fear and guidance of God Almighty.

“We will unleash a degree of political energy and momentum, driven by the young men and women of Ebonyi State that will set a landmark on our political landscape and history as a people. This moment calls for decisive leadership and unwavering dedication to the real aspirations and yearning of the citizens.

On the agitation by members of the IPOB, Professor Odoh promised to support and ensure open, genuine and altruistic dialogue with the members of the group with a view to finding lasting solution to issue.

“To the leaders and followers of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), our strongly held view is that we will not shun them or cast them out into the wilderness. Any Igbo man or woman who pretends that the grievances of IPOB adherents are irrelevant or that Ebonyi is an isolated island unconcerned about those central issues is what Igbo people call efulefu or ohu. An avenue of dialogue must not just be created but remain open, genuine and altruistic until the case is solved and closed.”

Part of Odoh’s declaration speech also reads, “Poverty is at a previously unimaginable level. It is a tragic statistic that Nigeria overtook India as the poverty capital of the world a couple of years ago and here in Ebonyi, we are ranked as the third poorest state in the Nigerian federation.

“The healthcare system is still glittering in propaganda but actual healthcare delivery to suffering patients, whether in our rural communities or urban areas, remains a mirage.

“Our teachers at all levels languish in neglect and the pupils and students are paying a terrible price in ignorance and skills deprivation. Parents are left with a hopeless sense of despair when they watch the very pillars of their dreams crumble like a pillar of dust.

“Our rural communities, urban and semi-urban areas still languish in infrastructure deficits, lack of electricity, total lack of access to clean water (howsoever supplied or delivered) and general absence of any form of modern development. It is indeed a pitiful state of affairs.

“A state that would otherwise be a breadbasket not just in terms of self-sufficiency but in terms of delivering sufficient produce to the entire southeast has seen its agricultural potentialities turned into sickening instrument of propaganda and a vehicle of narrow-minded patronage.”

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1417701/breaking-prof-benard-odoh-officially-declares-ebonyi-governorship-race-2023/

Re: BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race by Ahmed0336(m): 8:24am On Apr 08, 2022
It is good to dream big.

PDP would have been a better platform but you see apga? It will end up as second runner up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race by MrSensor(m): 8:37am On Apr 08, 2022
Igbo amaka.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race by Penguin2: 9:07am On Apr 08, 2022
It’s time for Ebonyi north.

And specifically Izzi man.

Prof Odoh should fork out.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race by Kosiso12(f): 9:09am On Apr 08, 2022
Penguin2:

Vote for someone that change the ugly narrative of Ebonyi State.
Re: BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race by Penguin2: 9:27am On Apr 08, 2022
Kosiso12:

Vote for someone that change the ugly narrative of Ebonyi State.

What is ugly about Ebonyi State you ****

Since 1999 Ebonyi state has consistently been blessed with the best leadership from Egwu to Elechi and now Umahi.

And considerable peace has been enjoyed because each zone has got what is due them when it’s due them.

Stupid rhetorics will therefore not be tolerated now it’s the turn of Ebonyi north.

Meanwhile tell me your state and tell me how beautiful the narrative of your state is.

Onye ***

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race by ThinkSmarter: 10:30am On Apr 08, 2022
Penguin2:

In as much as i support Izzi to succed Umahi on equity and fairness ground.
I don't like your unguarded utterances.
U should rather lobby than threaten powers that be.
What if an Izzi candidate fail to win the primary election in all or either of the two leading political parties?
What if PDP feds in an Izzi man and APC feds in an Ezza man, and the APC candidate being the Ezza man wins the main poll?
Never say never!
Re: BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race by Penguin2: 11:01am On Apr 08, 2022
ThinkSmarter:
In as much as i support Izzi to succed Umahi on equity and fairness ground.
I don't like your unguirded utterances.
U should rather lobby than threaten powers that be.
What if an Izzi candidate fail to win the primary election in all or either of the two leading political parties?
What if PDP feds in an Izzi man and APC feds in an Ezza man, and the APC candidate being the Ezza man wins the main poll?
Never say never!

Who are the powers that be?
Re: BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race by ThinkSmarter: 1:00pm On Apr 08, 2022
Penguin2:

Who are the powers that be?
The stakeholders, the political gladiators, the traditional institution, the religious leaders, Notable Clans like the Ikwo, Ezza, Ehugbo, Mgbo and Edda
Re: BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race by Penguin2: 1:18pm On Apr 08, 2022
ThinkSmarter:

The stakeholders, the political gladiators, the traditional institution, the religious leaders, Notable Clans like the Ikwo, Ezza, Ehugbo, Mgbo and Edda

Fine.

Now, apart from Ezza people that is doing pass themselves, who else are the Izzi having any iota of problem with?
Re: BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race by ThinkSmarter: 9:15pm On Apr 08, 2022
Penguin2:

Fine.

Now, apart from Ezza people that is doing pass themselves, who else are the Izzi having any iota of problem with?
The Ezzas are big force to reckon with.
Ezza is the eldest son of Ekumaenyi and they got the population and political relevance.
I suggest Izzi stakeholders pay homage to Ezza land and lobby them for support in the spirit of brotherhood.
Re: BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race by Penguin2: 9:21pm On Apr 08, 2022
ThinkSmarter:
The Ezzas are big force to reckon with.
Ezza is the eldest son of Ekumaenyi and they got the population and political relevance.
I suggest Izzi stakeholders pay homage to Ezza land and lobby them for support in the spirit of brotherhood.

If Ezza cannot recognize a simple zoning formula that has been in existence since 1999 and allow ndu izhi take what is due them without rancour, then let’s go to the field.

If it’s war they want like they are doing with Effium and like they did with Eziulo, then we give them war.

It’s the turn for an Izzi man to be governor of Ebonyi state. And this shall be achieved either in peace or in pieces.
Re: BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race by achi4u(m): 10:03pm On Apr 08, 2022
cheesy Agu, what did you smoke sef?
Ezza no be ur match in all spheres, better accept the advice given to you by the poster above.
That you destroyed some Ikwo properties some time ago doesn't give you the urge to point a finger to Ndi Ezza.

Peace is the best options.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race by Tomek09(m): 10:50pm On Apr 08, 2022
Igbo Amaka.
Re: BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race by CaptainAyub: 11:04pm On Apr 08, 2022
Penguin2:

If Ezza cannot recognize a simple zoning formula that has been in existence since 1999 and allow ndu izhi take what is due them without rancour, then let’s go to the field.

If it’s war they want like they are doing with Effium and like they did with Eziulo, then we give them war.

It’s the turn for an Izzi man to be governor of Ebonyi state. And this shall be achieved either in peace or in pieces.
Easy.
Ask Ezillo and Effium ppl,the whole of their body na sand.
We thank God for Christianity as many Ezza ppl don't want to get involved in bloodshed , cos if not,na 1 village for Ezza north go sack d whole of Ezillo
Re: BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race by comrChris(m): 11:16pm On Apr 08, 2022
Penguin2:

You're making noise. Every zone has taken it's slot, the powers that be may decide to rearrange the zoning by giving the zone that took last the first slot this time.
Re: BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race by Penguin2: 11:27pm On Apr 08, 2022
CaptainAyub:

Easy.
Ask Ezillo and Effium ppl,the whole of their body na sand.
We thank God for Christianity as many Ezza ppl don't want to get involved in bloodshed , cos if not,na 1 village for Ezza north go sack d whole of Ezillo

Well that’s Eziulo.

Is it also one village in Ezza that will fight Izzi?
Re: BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race by Penguin2: 11:31pm On Apr 08, 2022
comrChris:
You're making noise. Every zone has taken it's slot, the powers that be may decide to rearrange the zoning by giving the zone that took last the first slot this time.

Oh spare me some crap…

I’m sure you would be one of those insisting on Southern presidency after Buhari.

But when it gets home, you lots begin to stand logic on its head.

Who those imaginary powers that be in Ebonyi that would decide to take what rightly belongs to Izzi?

An Ezza man should come and win the governorship let’s see.

When he’s done winning, he will move his office to Onueke because Abakaliki will be inhabitable for him and all Ezzas.

Nonsense!
Re: BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race by Penguin2: 11:37pm On Apr 08, 2022
achi4u:
cheesy Agu, what did you smoke sef?
Ezza no be ur match in all spheres, better accept the advice given to you by the poster above.
That you destroyed some Ikwo properties some time ago doesn't give you the urge to point a finger to Ndi Ezza.
Peace is the best options.

Peace is the best option, I admit.

But peace should be the product of the collective effort of all members of the society. One section of the society can’t be fostering peace while the other section continues to beat drums of war and expect that we come with hands in cheek to beg them.

Izzi people are known to be peaceful until transgressed.

And if the hit and run you did with Eziulo and is currently doing with Effium is what is giving you hope, then wait until the time comes.

This is not a threat, it is a statement of fact.
Re: BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race by ThinkSmarter: 12:20am On Apr 09, 2022
Penguin2:

the worst path to tread is path of conflict/war.
Cuz After the war which comes with destruction of lives and properties comes peace talk.
So, a wise man will never opt for conflict in the 1st place.
I do see u as a well educated man.
Please do not allow emotions to becloud your sanity.
Don't incite violence.
Our people [Abakaliki] are very notorious for being violent and it is high time those of us that are a bit enlightened preach against that menace.
Re: BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race by Penguin2: 12:39am On Apr 09, 2022
ThinkSmarter:
the worst path to tread is path of conflict/war.
Cuz After the war which comes with destruction of lives and properties comes peace talk.
So, a wise man will never opt for conflict in the 1st place.
I do see u as a well educated man.
Please do not allow emotions to becloud your sanity.
Don't incite violence.
Our people [Abakaliki] are very notorious for being violent and it is high time those of us that are a bit enlightened preach against that menace.

I agree with you that violence should be eschewed.

But what do you do when the other party seems to have suspended reason rather chosen irrationality over logic.

Ebonyi has enjoyed peace since 1999 because the zoning formula has given every section a sense of belonging.

It cannot get to the turn of Ndu Izhi and all these stupid rhetorics will be flying around and you expect us to take it.

We have had this argument before and I’m stating it again.

Ndu Ezza should be interested in ensuring that the best of Izzi becomes governor and wait to take their turn by 2031; not these stupid arguments.
Re: BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race by ThinkSmarter: 10:57am On Apr 09, 2022
Penguin2:

I agree with you that violence should be eschewed.

But what do you do when the other party seems to have suspended reason rather chosen irrationality over logic.

Ebonyi has enjoyed peace since 1999 because the zoning formula has given every section a sense of belonging.

It cannot get to the turn of Ndu Izhi and all these stupid rhetorics will be flying around and you expect us to take it.

We have had this argument before and I’m stating it again.

Ndu Ezza should be interested in ensuring that the best of Izzi becomes governor and wait to take their turn by 2031; not these stupid arguments.
Yep
Re: BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 09, 2022
Penguin2:

Izzie should hold on after 8years Izzi man will contest I don't wanna abuse any Igbo Clan, you can make your opinion with out insult
ANATEX 2023
Re: BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 09, 2022
Penguin2:

What is ugly about Ebonyi State you ****

Since 1999 Ebonyi state has consistently been blessed with the best leadership from Egwu to Elechi and now Umahi.

And considerable peace has been enjoyed because each zone has got what is due them when it’s due them.

Stupid rhetorics will therefore not be tolerated now it’s the turn of Ebonyi north.

Meanwhile tell me your state and tell me how beautiful the narrative of your state is.

Onye ***
How is it the turn of Ebonyi North?
The three senatorial zone in Ebonyi have all produced Governors, now we need to start from the beginning. Eldest Zone in Ebonyi which is Ezza will produce the next Governor followed by Izzi and EZZA is the Eldest, so what the heck are you saying
Re: BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race by Penguin2: 11:38am On Apr 09, 2022
Hizzy:

How is it the turn of Ebonyi North?
The three senatorial zone in Ebonyi have all produced Governors, now we need to start from the beginning. Eldest Zone in Ebonyi which is Ezza will produce the next Governor followed by Izzi and EZZA is the Eldest, so what the heck are you saying

In 1999, Egwu from Ngbo which is in Ebonyi North, became governor and ruled for 8 years.

After him, it was the turn of another zone and it was decided it should go to Ebonyi Central which is predominantly occupied by Ezza and Ikwo but you lots allowed Ikwo take the share before you and that was how Elechi emerged.

After the 8 years of Elechi, it was now the turn of Ebonyi South which gave Dave victory.

At the completion of Ebonyi South’s 8 years, power shall return to Ebonyi North and this time it’s the turn of Ndu Izhi and it’s non-negotiable.

You lots didn’t know you were Elders to Ikwo when you allowed them take turn before you in 2007?

And where is the place of zoning by seniority in the political configuration in Ebonyi or any state in Nigeria for that matter?
Re: BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 09, 2022
Penguin2:

In 1999, Egwu from Ngbo which is in Ebonyi North, became governor and ruled for 8 years.

After him, it was the turn of another zone and it was decided it should go to Ebonyi Central which is predominantly occupied by Ezza and Ikwo but you lots allowed Ikwo take the share before you and that was how Elechi emerged.

After the 8 years of Elechi, it was now the turn of Ebonyi South which gave Dave victory.

At the completion of Ebonyi South’s 8 years, power shall return to Ebonyi North and this time it’s the turn of Ndu Izhi and it’s non-negotiable.

You lots didn’t know you were Elders to Ikwo when you allowed them take turn before you in 2007?

And where is the place of zoning by seniority in the political configuration in Ebonyi or any state in Nigeria for that matter?
You last statement said it all
All zone should contest and I know Izzi can't win Ezza both in Primary election and the main election so we are good to go today I'm live in Chief Anatex flag of Campaign
Re: BREAKING!!! Prof. Benard Odoh Officially Declares For Ebonyi Governorship Race by achi4u(m): 1:43pm On Apr 09, 2022
Penguin2:

Peace is the best option, I admit.

But peace should be the product of the collective effort of all members of the society. One section of the society can’t be fostering peace while the other section continues to beat drums of war and expect that we come with hands in cheek to beg them.

Izzi people are known to be peaceful until transgressed.

And if the hit and run you did with Eziulo and is currently doing with Effium is what is giving you hope, then wait until the time comes.

This is not a threat, it is a statement of fact.

The last thing Ezza nation will do is to "first" start a war, go ask questions.

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Chief Imam Must Be Removed For Justifying Deborah Samuel's Murder -soyinka / What Will Happen If Buhari Chooses Other Than Tinubu / 2023. PDP, APC Members Collapse Structure For Labour Party In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.