Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

How To Learn Guitar Chords - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How To Learn Guitar Chords (412 Views)

Learn Guitar In 21days For Free / Fustrated Because You Don't Know Songs Solfa And Chords... This Post Is For You. / Types Of Gospel Piano Chords (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Learn Guitar Chords by arnosinvest: 12:38pm On Apr 08, 2022
Chords may be challenging for beginners, as there are different types of chords and various ways to play them. There are three standard types of chords:

POWER CHORDS
Power chords are some of the first few chords that you’ll learn at School of Rock. Power chords are very common as they are used in rock, classical and modern music today. Power chords are known to be easy for beginners as they focus on two or three strings and frets which makes it easier on the fingers and therefore, easier to play. They can be played on any type of guitar but are more primarily used for electric. When power chords are played on an electric guitar, sounds can be distorted to add more depth and color. You can do this with other chords as well, but power chords really set the mood of the song that you’re playing.

OPEN CHORDS
Open chords are great for beginner players as some of the strings are opened in the chords. Open chords are similar to power chords as they focus on fewer frets, using less fingers and making it easier to play. The only difference is that open chords use all the strings. Your left hand, which you use to fret down on the string, is not used for every string. The common open chords are called CAGED. We’ll look at what those chords are soon and how to play them.

BARRE CHORDS
Barre chords are very different and tend to be a bit trickier than power and open chords. They are very useful because as you get more skilled and equipped with the guitar, you’ll be able to take the position/shape of the chord and move it up and down the frets to create new chords. In a sense, they’re easier to switch between because you don’t have to change the shape of your fingers, only to move the fingers up and down your guitar. However, they’re known to be hard for beginners because most barre chords focus with one or maybe even two fingers holding down the same fret on different strings at the same time. We’ll focus on these types of chords another time.
Re: How To Learn Guitar Chords by Arthurol: 10:26am On Aug 04, 2023
I remember when I first picked up the guitar, power chords seemed like the coolest thing ever! They gave that rock vibe I was craving, and it was fun to experiment with distortion and effects.
Re: How To Learn Guitar Chords by SimSimici: 10:43am On Aug 04, 2023
Open chords were a bit tricky at first, but with practice, they became my go-to for playing some classic tunes. There's something satisfying about strumming those full-bodied chords and creating beautiful sounds.But oh boy, barre chords were a different story! I struggled to get those finger positions right, and my hand felt like it was going through a workout. Yet, the more I practiced, the more I appreciated their versatility and how they allowed me to move freely across the fretboard. I'm glad I stumbled upon your post, and I'm eager to explore more about Guitar Outrun. Learning the guitar is a journey, and it's fantastic to share it with others who are just as passionate.

(1) (Reply)

Frank Edwards Gifts Sunny Pee A Brand New BMW X6 Car / Drygin Arole Hits Up The Nigerian Music Scene With New Single / HOW To Get Sponsors Or Record Label For Your Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.