Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? (2094 Views)

Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? / Who else Is Having This Geniex Notification Pop Up Every Time? / Get Up To 50% Discounts On Infinix Black Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by Jirilistic(m): 1:47pm On Apr 08, 2022
A lot of people are complaining that their fingerprint functionality stopped working after they completed the last update recent update
Although some months ago, someone said his fingerprint stopped working after an update but mine was still working
Now I've received an update as well but for about 3 weeks now I'm scared of doing it cause I feel it may be my turn next grin
I've always completed every system update since I purchase the phone around June last year but now I'm very skeptical about this recent update
Kindly indicate if you are facing the same issue or if yours is still working fine

Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by Jirilistic(m): 1:47pm On Apr 08, 2022
Below are the complaints on gsmarena

Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by Friedyokes: 2:45pm On Apr 08, 2022
Jirilistic:
A lot of people are complaining that their fingerprint functionality stopped working after they completed the last update recent update
Although some months ago, someone said his fingerprint stopped working after an update but mine was still working
Now I've received an update as well but for about 3 weeks now I'm scared of doing it cause I feel it may be my turn next grin
I've always completed every system update since I purchase the phone around June last year but now I'm very skeptical about this recent update
Kindly indicate if you are facing the same issue or if yours is still working fine
done since , everything is still fine , unrelated but I got an app notification for "geniex" about data, wondering if you got it too
Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by Onyeka90210(m): 1:31am On Apr 09, 2022
It's a new feature
Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by ojotobiloba1: 6:35am On Apr 09, 2022
Jirilistic:
Yes... Exactly... I experienced this last Feb, I immediately took it to carlcare to fix this shit free since it's under warranty.. Since den, I am nervous to update the phone since den

1 Like

Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by Yewandequeen(f): 5:24pm On Aug 22, 2022
ojotobiloba1:

Yes... Exactly... I experienced this last Feb, I immediately took it to carlcare to fix this shit free since it's under warranty.. Since den, I am nervous to update the phone since den
did Carlcare tamper with your data(loss of data) or your data wasn't affected. My fingerprint too started misbehaving this afternoon. Infinix note 8
Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by ojotobiloba1: 5:29pm On Aug 22, 2022
Yewandequeen:
did Carlcare tamper with your data(loss of data) or your data wasn't affected. My fingerprint too started misbehaving this afternoon. Infinix note 8
Nope.Nothing like dat with my note 8 den. Finger printing fixing doesn't have anything to do with loss of phone data at all, even fixed my infinix note 10 finger printing twice this year and no tampering of phone data
Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by Yewandequeen(f): 7:03pm On Aug 22, 2022
ojotobiloba1:

Nope.Nothing like dat with my note 8 den. Finger printing fixing doesn't have anything to do with loss of phone data at all, even fixed my infinix note 10 finger printing twice this year and no tampering of phone data
alright thanks.

And I won't have to drop my phone and come back later right?

If I knew this nonsense will occur I wouldn't have updated my phone. I have booked carlcare reservation for tomorrow. Once they fix it. I am definitely not updating again angry

But wait ooo, fixed it twice? How come? The previous fix they did for you didn't last long or u updated again that caused it?
Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by ojotobiloba1: 8:32pm On Aug 22, 2022
Yewandequeen:
alright thanks.

And I won't have to drop my phone and come back later right?

If I knew this nonsense will occur I wouldn't have updated my phone. I have booked carlcare reservation for tomorrow. Once they fix it. I am definitely not updating again angry

But wait ooo, fixed it twice? How come? The previous fix they did for you didn't last long or u updated again that caused it?
Fixed the finger printing last Feb and last month July.. (under warranty tho). Lol

Ensure you take it Dre early morning, and it should be fixed in the evening or latest the following day
Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by Yewandequeen(f): 8:57pm On Aug 22, 2022
ojotobiloba1:

Fixed the finger printing last Feb and last month July.. (under warranty tho). Lol

Ensure you take it Dre early morning, and it should be fixed in the evening or latest the following day
i intend to go very early tomorrow. My warranty will expire 31st this month embarassed
Between Feb and July did you update? Just curious on wat and triggered it back.
Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by ojotobiloba1: 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2022
Yewandequeen:
i intend to go very early tomorrow. My warranty will expire 31st this month embarassed
Between Feb and July did you update? Just curious on wat and triggered it back.
Yes.. I did
Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by Yewandequeen(f): 10:47pm On Aug 22, 2022
ojotobiloba1:

Yes.. I did
alright, I definitely won't update again after it's fixed. And will even plan to sell it self angry
Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by ojotobiloba1: 11:06pm On Aug 22, 2022
Yewandequeen:
alright, I definitely won't update again after it's fixed. And will even plan to sell it self angry
LOL, u really fancy and adore finger print in a phone o
Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by Yewandequeen(f): 11:19pm On Aug 22, 2022
ojotobiloba1:

LOL, u really fancy and adore finger print in a phone o
it's not that, I just don't like my phone having any comma. And the FP makes things easier for me when doing transactions coupled with it's not only the FP that's affected, the double tap to wake screen also isn't working. I Need to press power button to wake screen.

I think it's something peculiar to infinix notes:
My note 4 battery became horrible when it Ws 1yr old

My note 6 xpen stopped working after an update in less than 1yr.

Now my note 8 in less than one yr after an update done last week is giving me bad sign again

So I can conclude that infinix is best enjoy only in the first year lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by ojotobiloba1: 6:36am On Aug 23, 2022
Yewandequeen:
it's not that, I just don't like my phone having any comma. And the FP makes things easier for me when doing transactions coupled with it's not only the FP that's affected, the double tap to wake screen also isn't working. I Need to press power button to wake screen.

I think it's something peculiar to infinix notes:
My note 4 battery became horrible when it Ws 1yr old

My note 6 xpen stopped working after an update in less than 1yr.

Now my note 8 in less than one yr after an update done last week is giving me bad sign again

So I can conclude that infinix is best enjoy only in the first year lipsrsealed
OH i see, take it to carlcare this morning and get It fixed asap

1 Like

Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by gfon(m): 7:34am On Aug 23, 2022
ojotobiloba1:

OH i see, take it to carlcare this morning and get It fixed asap
I haven't updated but my fingerprint isn't working again. I can't even see the options. What's the way forward
Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by ojotobiloba1: 9:41am On Aug 23, 2022
gfon:
I haven't updated but my fingerprint isn't working again. I can't even see the options. What's the way forward
Is it under warranty, if it is, take it to carlcare (it's free of charge), if not, they will charge u 3-4k at worst
Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by gfon(m): 10:23am On Aug 23, 2022
ojotobiloba1:

Is it under warranty, if it is, take it to carlcare (it's free of charge), if not, they will charge u 3-4k at worst
just bought it February
Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by ojotobiloba1: 12:39pm On Aug 23, 2022
gfon:
just bought it February
Go Dre alongside the Pali and receipt it will be fixed free of charge
Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by Yewandequeen(f): 3:04pm On Aug 24, 2022
gfon:
it just so annoying. I was there yesterday morning thought they didn't do anything just reboot and it was working. By yesterday evening it stopped working. Took it back there this morning and they did software update on it unfortunately all data lost phone wiped,It was working. Just about 1hr ago it stopped working again.

I have reached out to them, they said they will change the finger print. So will have to go back tomorrow again. Honestly I don't know if it will still work even if they change it.
Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by gfon(m): 8:42pm On Aug 24, 2022
Yewandequeen:
it just so annoying. I was there yesterday morning thought they didn't do anything just reboot and it was working. By yesterday evening it stopped working. Took it back there this morning and they did software update on it unfortunately all data lost phone wiped,It was working. Just about 1hr ago it stopped working again.

I have reached out to them, they said they will change the finger print. So will have to go back tomorrow again. Honestly I don't know if it will still work even if they change it.
seriously you lost all your data after doing the software update? Was it the manual own shown on the phone. Or they had to use a system. Because have got an update and I'm considering doing it, maybe it would get to work back again. Because the fingerprint option isn't even showing on my device anymore. I'm just scared of loosing my data
Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by gfon(m): 8:50pm On Aug 24, 2022
Yewandequeen:

my next phone would be an iphone for sure
Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by Yewandequeen(f): 9:48pm On Aug 24, 2022
gfon:
seriously you lost all your data after doing the software update? Was it the manual own shown on the phone. Or they had to use a system. Because have got an update and I'm considering doing it, maybe it would get to work back again. Because the fingerprint option isn't even showing on my device anymore. I'm just scared of loosing my data
the one from Carlcare.
Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by gfon(m): 9:53pm On Aug 24, 2022
Yewandequeen:
the one from Carlcare.
okay I guess I would try updating the one on my phone first

1 Like

Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by Yewandequeen(f): 9:55pm On Aug 24, 2022
gfon:
yea
Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by Yewandequeen(f): 2:36pm On Aug 25, 2022
gfon:
If you are going to Carlcare for fixing of the fingerprint,Dont let them run software on your device. Just tell them to change the finger print provided your phone type FP is available.

I went back today to have the finger print chip/sensor changed.
Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by gfon(m): 3:45pm On Aug 25, 2022
Yewandequeen:

If you want are going to Carlcare for fixing of the fingerprint. Dont let them run software on your device. Just tell them to change the finger print though provided your phone type FP is available.

I went back today to have the finger print chip/sensor changed.
okay thanks. I did the update on my phone,same thing. Do I get charged for the change of fingerprint? Since the product is still under warranty
Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by Yewandequeen(f): 4:12pm On Aug 25, 2022
gfon:
okay thanks. I did the update on my phone,same thing. Do I get charged for the change of fingerprint? Since the product is still under warranty
No, it's free since it's under warranty.

But without warranty is 4100 for fingerprint. Will advice you go tomorrow and get it changed. Book reservation on Carlcare app before going, you will get attended to faster.
Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by ojotobiloba1: 5:03pm On Aug 25, 2022
Yewandequeen:

But without warranty is 4100 for fingerprint. Will advice you go tomorrow and get it changed. Book reservation on Carlcare app before going, you will get attended to faster.
Hey, Have you fixed your finger print issue now?
Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by Yewandequeen(f): 5:58pm On Aug 25, 2022
ojotobiloba1:

Hey, Have you fixed your finger print issue now?
yep
Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by Youngpo413: 6:37pm On Aug 25, 2022
Yewandequeen:
yep
Big girl like you using infinix....
Re: Anyone Having This Issue On Infinix Note 10 And Above? by gfon(m): 8:10pm On Aug 25, 2022
Yewandequeen:

Okay thanks dear,U've been really helpful

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exclusively 4 Glo Subs / Motorola Surfboard Cable Modem 5120 For Sale / BBM For Android Now Working.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.