Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? (45029 Views)

Partial disconnection: Glo Subscribers To Be Barred From Calling MTN Lines - NCC / How To Link Your NIN With MTN Online (full Steps) / How To Check And Manage All Active Subscriptions On Your MTN Lines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Beremx(f): 3:48pm On Nov 14, 2023
I'm currently using WiFi to browse the internet. I noticed my data isn't going any longer despite having up to 5gig. I can't make calls but can receive. I tried to call MTN and I was told I'm barred from making calls because I don't have service. I used my husband's phone to call MTN customer service and I was told the fault isn't from my end. I was told to remove my sim card and put it back yet the problem persisted.

I visited MTN twitter page only to find out there are others with similar problems. No response yet from MTN despite the complains.

Are they trying to play a revenge game on Nigerians? I don't understand

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Absuchat(m): 3:49pm On Nov 14, 2023
Had same issue but I fixed it
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by CilicMarin: 3:51pm On Nov 14, 2023
Go and pay borrowed airtime...and your line will start working immediately....Just paid 9K and my line is back grin cheesy

120 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by naptu2: 3:53pm On Nov 14, 2023
Looks like they are having problems. I got a message that said that my data had finished, but it hadn't and it's still working perfectly.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Beremx(f): 4:04pm On Nov 14, 2023
CilicMarin:
Go and pay borrowed airtime...and your line will start working immediately....Just paid 9K and my line is back grin cheesy
Why would they punish Nigerians for the glitch they had? MTN has no right to bar numbers. Which kind nonsense be that na? angry angry
Seems it's all networks that are doing this. I just cleared the airtime debt I'm owing Glo and the network is restored

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Beremx(f): 4:07pm On Nov 14, 2023
Absuchat:
how did you fix yours?

Nlfpmod
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by slaawomirr: 4:41pm On Nov 14, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Empty hen always like the devil

Gives with one hand and collect back with double hands

I use airtel though

Even the airtel he nor sharp for them
I noticed one thing this period
Sometimes Internet will just cut off

Not untill you put your phone on flight mode and remove it from flight mode back

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by inoki247: 4:41pm On Nov 14, 2023
Lol I'm not experiencing that na MTN I dey use like this na him I even connect to my TV and he Neva break...

I believe na only Glo user dey Liable to all this kind of problem....

11 Likes

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Resetinc: 4:42pm On Nov 14, 2023
Dem no get fuel for gen

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Jewessgratitud3: 4:43pm On Nov 14, 2023
Been having the same issue with my 9 mobile line since last week. I can't make calls. If I call, it won't ring then it will start reading like someone picked but there'll be no response till it goes off.

I called customer care and they said it's the network in my area that they are aware and working on it. Till now, I can't make calls.

3 Likes

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by lomprico(m): 4:43pm On Nov 14, 2023
Beremx:
I'm currently using WiFi to browse the internet. I noticed my data isn't going any longer despite having up to 5gig. I can't make calls but can receive. I tried to call MTN and I was told I'm barred from making calls because I don't have service. I used my husband's phone to call MTN customer service and I was told the fault isn't from my end. I was told to remove my sim card and put it back yet the problem persisted.

I visited MTN twitter page only to find out there are others with similar problems. No response yet from MTN despite the complains.

No! Na Glo dey show me shege!

1 Like

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Alphabet00: 4:43pm On Nov 14, 2023
Yes
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by GloriousGbola: 4:43pm On Nov 14, 2023
Their network had been touching for want of a better word.

1 Like

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by thesolutions(m): 4:44pm On Nov 14, 2023
No NIN on your line.
Go and update your sim card.
Submitting your NIN through any means without going to MTN outlet won't verify your sim.
This I can tell you confidently.
Go to any MTN outlet with your NIN to update your record.
You can check the status of your NIN verification using the My mtn app.

If you are sure that your NIN is not the problem, You can still use the app to unbar your line. better still, tap phone and then the 3 dot at the top right, select settings, scroll to calling account, select affected sim, you should see call barring. Tap on it and turn all barring off.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Emmexguy123: 4:44pm On Nov 14, 2023
Nawaooooo .
MTN has finally graduated from the university of Glo network.

I thought I'm the only one experiencing that nonsense from them.

5 Likes

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Epistasis(m): 4:44pm On Nov 14, 2023
MTN again!
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by daclint(m): 4:45pm On Nov 14, 2023
just clear your borrowed airtime, i paid 5k this morning and the issue was resolved immediately

12 Likes

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Kharol1234: 4:45pm On Nov 14, 2023
Na idiot mtn be
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Antoeni(m): 4:46pm On Nov 14, 2023
Abeg Leave MTN Matter

You’re about to eat this food and you receive a breakup message from the Love Of Your Life ,what will you do?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by adioolayi(m): 4:46pm On Nov 14, 2023
My MTN line is working perfectly

2 Likes

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Sabiwellwell: 4:47pm On Nov 14, 2023
Absuchat:

So until they bribe you to talk you won't tell anyone how you fixed it ??

12 Likes

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by agentarcher(m): 4:47pm On Nov 14, 2023
Experiencing same, but on my end it shows no data but it works. Bought 10gb of data that doesn't show but counts in the background.
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by NaijaCover(m): 4:47pm On Nov 14, 2023
MTN NETWORK Don Cast, Big Time.

From Wiping Out Of MTN AIRTIME Into 0kobo

And From One Problem To Another Issue.
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by SenecaTheYonger: 4:48pm On Nov 14, 2023
Beremx:

Same here. I did 7gb for my Wifi and can't use it. Had to switch back to airtel.
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Zico5(m): 4:49pm On Nov 14, 2023
I was surprised to see that many people are really borrowing from service providers especially MTN. Why should I borrow when I know I'm going to pay at least 15% interest on them. I don't understand cos business wise it doesn't make sense.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Antoeni(m): 4:49pm On Nov 14, 2023
MTN Still Far More Better& Trusted Than Tinubu/ APC Govt

3 Likes

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by omoredia: 4:50pm On Nov 14, 2023
What good thing is going longer in this Tinubu government?

1 Like

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Beremx(f): 4:50pm On Nov 14, 2023
thesolutions:
No NIN on your line.
Go and update your sim card.
Submitting your NIN through any means without going to MTN outlet won't verify your sim.
This I can tell you confidently.
Go to any MTN outlet with your NIN to update your record.
You can check the status of your NIN verification using the My mtn app.
there's a NIN on my line for three years now. That's not the problem

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Difference Between Boy-boy And Girl-girl Conversation On The Phone / Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device / Xiaomi Mi A3 Unboxing, Review & Price. Mi A3 + GCAM Vs iPhone 11 Pro Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.