Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,814 members, 7,862,708 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:23 AM

Insecurity: Why Nigerians Can’t Bear Arms - Muhammad Dingyadi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: Why Nigerians Can’t Bear Arms - Muhammad Dingyadi (161 Views)

Insecurity: Why Northern Elders Are Angry With Buhari – Femi Adesina / Insecurity: Why Bandits Started Killing Victims – Sheikh Gumi / #EndSARS: Government Will No Longer Tolerate Violence – Muhammad Dingyadi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity: Why Nigerians Can’t Bear Arms - Muhammad Dingyadi by Racoon(m): 5:01pm On Apr 08, 2022
The Minister of Police Affairs, Muhammad Dingyadi, has said the country’s insecurity would be worsened if Nigerians are allowed to bear arms.

He stated this at a media parley in Abuja Thursday evening while answering a question on the call by the Majority Leader of the House of Representatives, Ado Doguwa, who last week said Nigerians should be allowed to bear arms in self-defense considering the deteriorating security situation in the country.

Dingyadi said, “We are even doing all we can to ensure that we minimize the circulation of firearms among most Nigerians. We should restrict this to people who are supposed to own them, those who are supposed to use them, people who have been trained to use them and people who have access to use them.

“Otherwise, if you make it all people’s affair, it will worsen the situation. This is my honest opinion. I don’t share that view at this moment, I don’t support that,” the minister said.

He added that his ministry was doing everything in its capacity to ensure that implementation of salary increment for police officers across the country becomes a reality as soon as possible

https://dailytrust.com/insecurity-why-nigerians-cant-bear-arms-minister

Re: Insecurity: Why Nigerians Can’t Bear Arms - Muhammad Dingyadi by Racoon(m): 5:08pm On Apr 08, 2022
Government refused to live up to its constitutional responsibility yet does not want the citizens to arm & protect themselves from the bandits, fulanis and BH terrorists running amok across the land?

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Why Nigerians Can’t Bear Arms - Muhammad Dingyadi by CleanInAll: 5:12pm On Apr 08, 2022
undecided
Re: Insecurity: Why Nigerians Can’t Bear Arms - Muhammad Dingyadi by Racoon(m): 5:13pm On Apr 08, 2022
“You must rise to protect yourselves from these people, if you depend on the Arm Forces to protect you, you will all die.These killers have been protected by the military, they cover them and you must be watchful to guide and protect yourselves because you have no any other place to go”

The ethnic cleansing must stop now otherwise Somalia will be a child play.I ask all of you to be on your alert and defend your country, defend your state....."
Defend yourselves or you will all die, TY Danjuma tells Nigerians
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/03/defend-will-die-ty-danjuma-tells-nigerians/amp/
Re: Insecurity: Why Nigerians Can’t Bear Arms - Muhammad Dingyadi by Queenttoast01: 5:22pm On Apr 08, 2022
if they allow some guys on nairaland to have pistol, they will head straight to Aso rock, Abuja to kill buhari undecided , they hate that man with passion.
Some will even take advantage of that and terrorise their community, I don't want to start mentioning names. cry
Re: Insecurity: Why Nigerians Can’t Bear Arms - Muhammad Dingyadi by TheWolfen(m): 5:38pm On Apr 08, 2022
If everyone has right to carry firearms
Crime rate would drop in Nigeria.
Which means less robbery and kidnapping and most importantly an end to those coward Fulanis invading villages in the night to kill and steal.

So before anyone invades another person's property the criminal would think twice about it. It is either he make it out alive or dead. He can either be shot by the invaded property owner or neighbors.
Nigerians are emotionally strong. They are not weak white boys that always lost their mind and go killing multiple people at the mall.

(1) (Reply)

2023: My Policies Will Make Nigeria Vote APC Again – Buhari Boasts / Nigerians Waiting Until Baba Destroyer Destroys Everything / Amaechi Formally Joins 2023 Presidential Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.