Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe (15560 Views)

Peter Obi: Why Should I Steal Public Money When I’m Richer Than Joe Bidden? / No More Igbo Language In Opobo Again / Uche Okwukwu: APC To Win More Igbo States Before 2023– Ohanaeze SecretaryGeneral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by chrisxxx(m): 1:42pm On Apr 09, 2022
herich:

which part of Igbo does his wife comes from?
I think MbaIse.
Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by SweetiliciousD: 1:47pm On Apr 09, 2022
highmood:
you guys think very well. How is Amechi an Igbo man? Cos he bears the name Chibuike Amaechi abi?
Amaechi who hates igbos with great passion.
A man who denied igbos the benefits accrued to them is now an Igbo man. A man who denies big time he is not an igbo man is now more better? Lol. ohaneze and some people eh!
Rather the Igbo tribe stand firm and other minority tribe attach to them, the foolish selfish ohaneze are the ones indirectly seeking favor from a minority tribe cos of peanut. It's a big shame.
You don't beg someone to be your brother or be in your camp.
I am an Igbo, if it's just between Tinubu and Amaechi, I would rather vote for Tinubu. Amaechi is just like Wike.
Joe Igbokwe haven't denied he is not an Igbo but Amaechi have. So who is more trust worthy?

For all I care, the circumstances of your birth is beyond what you can change through your actions and inactions.

Deal with that.
Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by SweetiliciousD: 1:50pm On Apr 09, 2022
Alajiki:

We have recorded this. Now, Amaechi is Igbo. Just like Azikiwe Jonathan was (is) Igbo. We no wan complaint later say Igbo never rule this nation o. We hate confused people.

Jonathan has no Igbo heritage. Biafra connection and oneness of old Eastern states endeared him to Igbos.

Unlike the south-westerners that can sell their fellow brother on saddle in exchange for second fiddle, Igbos are not betrayers.

Amaechi is ancestral Igbo heritage name.
Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by highmood(m): 1:55pm On Apr 09, 2022
EdwardRandy:

You are not an igbo and can never be.

Please can you show us a video of where amaechi denied been igbo or you fvck off!
If you can't tag someones comment in a sane manner, then you simply take a rest and keep your eyes off his or her comments. Mind you Everyone have just one vote.
Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by Proudlyomonna: 2:02pm On Apr 09, 2022
heniford2:
[s]Anambras can sell there family members for money undecided na me talk am Anambra too like money for igbo land yet the are greedy to invest in Anambra upon dia boast of having money undecided only few invest most of there investment are in lagos example cubana bitters
[/s]

Trash from a very useless good-for-nothing idiot.

Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by Alajiki(m): 2:41pm On Apr 09, 2022
SweetiliciousD:

Jonathan has no Igbo heritage. Biafra connection and oneness of old Eastern states endeared him to Igbos.

Unlike the south-westerners that can sell their fellow brother on saddle in exchange for second fiddle, Igbos are not betrayers.

Amaechi is ancestral Igbo heritage name.

Don't worry, we now know Amaechi is Igbo.. Book closed, ink dried.

We sha don't want wailing again
Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by Ikinternational: 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2022
NnamdiAzikiwe:

Lol....see this one, make una dey try get small dignity as 3rd biggest tribe wey una be..... ameachi wey be sey him people no wan hear igboman but because na politics guyman wan use una head break coconut, he come dey call himself Igbo.

I guess I'm confused.
As a non igbo person, how's this your headache

Try to answer without going into troll mode
Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by JOemmy(m): 4:51pm On Apr 09, 2022
PressMyButton:
Ohaneze are a bunch of mkpurumiri addicts. There's no where Ameachi has ever claimed to be ibo except for political buffoonery. It is on record where Amaechi himself said he is not ibo.
He has only referred to his origin as Ikwerre in all his official profiles.
These red cap lizards should show a little sense of shame and stop the low self-esteem attache-by-force to a minority tribe.

All these denials of been Igbo or not is all because of the loss of the biafran war once the igbo nation takes their rightful place in nigeria's politics all these constant denials by minority Igbo speaking communities outside Igbo heartland will definitely stop.
Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by gracealonev: 5:36pm On Apr 09, 2022
Fahdiga:
Joe Igbokwe is a Yoruba man

You mean aspiring Yoruba man?
Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by Polchiz(m): 5:54pm On Apr 09, 2022
carl90:
I think this statement from ohaneze claiming Amaechi is an igbo man is the most stupid statement I have ever heard from them.
Now I know why some igbos don't buy into the organization.
Amaechi is an ikwerre man.
Ikwerres are not Igbos.
And last time I checked(I lived and worked in Rivers state for awhile) , the average ikwerre individual don't identify themselves as Igbo.
Some of them even dislike the igbos.
You are the idiot here.
https://www.thecable.ng/amaechi-im-igbo-jonathan-says-name-azikiwe-cant-speak-language/amp
Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by Polchiz(m): 5:55pm On Apr 09, 2022
GUNITGuy:
Is like this people don't know Ikwerre Sha....I have lived in port Harcourt and I know this very well ....Ikwerres don't think like Ibo at all...Infact they don't even like them ....All this famzing by ibo people should better stop or else they would cry betrayal for people who they don't know are not loyal to their course
https://www.thecable.ng/amaechi-im-igbo-jonathan-says-name-azikiwe-cant-speak-language/amp
Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by Polchiz(m): 5:58pm On Apr 09, 2022
highmood:
you guys think very well. How is Amechi an Igbo man? Cos he bears the name Chibuike Amaechi abi?
A man who denied igbos the benefits accrued to them is now an Igbo man. A man who denies big time he is not an igbo man is now more better? Lol. ohaneze and some people eh!
Rather the Igbo tribe stand firm and other minority tribe attach to them, the foolish selfish ohaneze are the ones indirectly seeking favor from a minority tribe cos of peanut. It's a big shame.
I am an Igbo, if it's just between Tinubu and Amaechi, I would rather vote for Tinubu. Amaechi is just like Wike.
Joe Igbokwe haven't denied he is not an Igbo but Amaechi have. So who is more trust worthy?
Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by SweetiliciousD: 6:06pm On Apr 09, 2022
Alajiki:

Don't worry, we now know Amaechi is Igbo.. Book closed, ink dried.

We sha don't want wailing again

Always killing zombies with age long truth!
Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by herich(m): 9:22pm On Apr 10, 2022
chrisxxx:

I think MbaIse.

I think she's rivers,,, do your research very well
Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by chrisxxx(m): 9:37pm On Apr 10, 2022
herich:

I think she's rivers,,, do your research very well
She is Igbo. I am sure. People who are close to her says she follows the last penny in any transactions.
Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by chrisxxx(m): 9:55pm On Apr 10, 2022
EdwardRandy:

Why are you running round the thread trying to discredit the obvious? What will you gain from living in denial about the true originality and expansion of the igbo tribe?

I am igbo from delta state and I did my nysc in etche, rivers state, a well known ikwerre land. And guess what? While I served there I can count how many times I spoke English with the locals, we all communicated in igbo.

Ikwerre is not a tribe rather a clan in igbo land, just as me who is an Ibuzor man from delta state in igbo land. Please be educated and stop fooling yourself.
Half education is as dangerous as not being educated at all. Etche is not Ikwerre land. They are ethnic group of their own. This is now you guys carry fake news. Your father told you that you are Igbo. My father told me I am Ikwerre. Why give me a name that I am not?

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by chrisxxx(m): 10:09pm On Apr 10, 2022
JOemmy:

All these denials of been Igbo or not is all because of the loss of the biafran war once the igbo nation takes their rightful place in nigeria's politics all these constant denials by minority Igbo speaking communities outside Igbo heartland will definitely stop.
. Ikwerre denied being igbos in 1964. Some good years before the war. It was a time they had everything to gain by identifying to be Igbo. Please check Rumuomasi Declaration.
. It is, therefore, obvious that the interminable debate about Ikwerre origins and migrations including the repudiation of the Igbo tradition is not a phenomenon of the post-civil war period. The controversy, as it were, is not necessarily the product of the present political realities wherein groups which hitherto were seen to have cultural affinities now find themselves in different states or administrative systems.” — K.O. Amadi (1993)

The Ogbakor Ikwerre Convention, a cultural organization of Ikwerre people, in a paper presented to the Human Rights Violation Commission headed by Rtd. Justice Chukwudifu Oputa on 10 October 2001, said:“Ikwerre ethnic nationality is not and has never been a sub-group of any other tribe in Nigeria including Ndi-Igbo. There is no doubt that the advent of the British and later regionalization put Ndi-Igbo at the helm of affairs in Eastern Nigeria. This brought Ndi-Igbo into Ikwerre land. In course of time, the Igbo took advantage of their position in the then Eastern Regional Government to grab land in Ikwerre and occupy political positions such as the mayor of Port Harcourt. In the process, Ikwerre along with other minority groups were marginalized and driven to the background.”

Professor Godwin Tasie noted that in 1913 the Rt Rev Herbert Tugwell, the Anglican Bishop on the Niger, undertook an experimentation tour of Ikwerre towns and villages assumed to be Ibo-speaking to test the Union Ibo Bible Nso being introduced in Iboland. “Tugwell discovered from the tests he carried out that although the Ikwerre were often regarded as Ibo… the Union Ibo Bible translation, surprisingly, was not easily understood by the Ikwere.” This is obviously why Igbo vernacular was compulsorily introduced and taught in all schools in Ikwerreland before the Nigerian Civil War to the assimilation (i.e. destruction) of the Ikwere language.

This also obviously led to the Rumuomasi Declaration in 1965. ” … in their meeting at Rumuomasi in 1965 the Ikwerre had, under the umbrella of a highly promising new body that was to get the Ikwerre together as a people of new and clearer vision, they had declared themselves as a people of the distinct identity of Ikwerre Ethnic Nationality – not Ibo, not Ijo, not anything else but Ikwerre, Iwhnurọhna. This was the historic Rumuomasi Declaration of 1965 (G.O.M. Tasie, 2000). The full implication is that Ikwere people began to assert themselves forcefully as an ethnic nationality of their own and not Ibos or Ijos, and efforts were made to revert to the original Ikwere names for families, villages, communities and landmarks. For instance, there was the change from Umuola to Rumuola, Umuoro to Rumuoro, Umukrushi to Rumuokwurusi, just to name a few

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by JOemmy(m): 10:22pm On Apr 10, 2022
chrisxxx:
. Ikwerre denied being igbos in 1964. Some good years before the war. It was a time they had everything to gain by identifying to be Igbo. Please check Rumuomasi Declaration.
. It is, therefore, obvious that the interminable debate about Ikwerre origins and migrations including the repudiation of the Igbo tradition is not a phenomenon of the post-civil war period. The controversy, as it were, is not necessarily the product of the present political realities wherein groups which hitherto were seen to have cultural affinities now find themselves in different states or administrative systems.” — K.O. Amadi (1993)

The Ogbakor Ikwerre Convention, a cultural organization of Ikwerre people, in a paper presented to the Human Rights Violation Commission headed by Rtd. Justice Chukwudifu Oputa on 10 October 2001, said:“Ikwerre ethnic nationality is not and has never been a sub-group of any other tribe in Nigeria including Ndi-Igbo. There is no doubt that the advent of the British and later regionalization put Ndi-Igbo at the helm of affairs in Eastern Nigeria. This brought Ndi-Igbo into Ikwerre land. In course of time, the Igbo took advantage of their position in the then Eastern Regional Government to grab land in Ikwerre and occupy political positions such as the mayor of Port Harcourt. In the process, Ikwerre along with other minority groups were marginalized and driven to the background.”

Professor Godwin Tasie noted that in 1913 the Rt Rev Herbert Tugwell, the Anglican Bishop on the Niger, undertook an experimentation tour of Ikwerre towns and villages assumed to be Ibo-speaking to test the Union Ibo Bible Nso being introduced in Iboland. “Tugwell discovered from the tests he carried out that although the Ikwerre were often regarded as Ibo… the Union Ibo Bible translation, surprisingly, was not easily understood by the Ikwere.” This is obviously why Igbo vernacular was compulsorily introduced and taught in all schools in Ikwerreland before the Nigerian Civil War to the assimilation (i.e. destruction) of the Ikwere language.

This also obviously led to the Rumuomasi Declaration in 1965. ” … in their meeting at Rumuomasi in 1965 the Ikwerre had, under the umbrella of a highly promising new body that was to get the Ikwerre together as a people of new and clearer vision, they had declared themselves as a people of the distinct identity of Ikwerre Ethnic Nationality – not Ibo, not Ijo, not anything else but Ikwerre, Iwhnurọhna. This was the historic Rumuomasi Declaration of 1965 (G.O.M. Tasie, 2000). The full implication is that Ikwere people began to assert themselves forcefully as an ethnic nationality of their own and not Ibos or Ijos, and efforts were made to revert to the original Ikwere names for families, villages, communities and landmarks. For instance, there was the change from Umuola to Rumuola, Umuoro to Rumuoro, Umukrushi to Rumuokwurusi, just to name a few

No need for all these very long stories ikweres can claim anything no one really cares but the fact still remains that an average hausa/fulani northerner in the north can't actually differentiate a chinedu ikwere man from chinedu igbo man in times of crises.
Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by Akponmfet: 10:33pm On Apr 10, 2022
Once Biafrans support a candidate there is a 99% chance that he will lose.
Anything associated with meth people is dead on arrival.

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by EdwardRandy(m): 12:15am On Apr 11, 2022
chrisxxx:

Half education is as dangerous as not being educated at all. Etche is not Ikwerre land. They are ethnic group of their own. This is now you guys carry fake news. Your father told you that you are Igbo. My father told me I am Ikwerre. Why give me a name that I am not?
Who is this fool??
Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 12:32am On Apr 11, 2022
Kindly share the link were Amechi people said that.

NnamdiAzikiwe:

Lol....see this one, make una dey try get small dignity as 3rd biggest tribe wey una be..... ameachi wey be sey him people no wan hear igboman but because na politics guyman wan use una head break coconut, he come dey call himself Igbo.
Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 12:41am On Apr 11, 2022
You guys don't read before jumping to type rubbish. Go through the write up over and over you will pick sense to compare what they said with this rubbish you put out here.

highmood:
Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 12:43am On Apr 11, 2022
You guys don't read before jumping to type rubbish. Go through the write up over and over you will pick sense to compare what they said with this rubbish you put out here.

carl90:
I think
this statement from ohaneze claiming Amaechi is an igbo man is the most stupid statement I have ever heard from them.
Now I know why some igbos don't buy into the organization.
Amaechi is an ikwerre man.
Ikwerres are not Igbos.
And last time I checked(I lived and worked in Rivers state for awhile) , the average ikwerre individual don't identify themselves as Igbo.
Some of them even dislike the igbos.
Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by amuwo1980: 1:05am On Apr 11, 2022
NnamdiAzikiwe:

Joe Igbokwe na correct Igbo man wey get sense pass all that elders why una dey call ohanaeze wey be Atiku slave. The man understands the importance of building bridges with people wey they accommodate him kinsmen.
Are u ok ? Or you think you are smarter than everyone else
Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by chrisxxx(m): 6:30am On Apr 11, 2022
JOemmy:

No need for all these very long stories ikweres can claim anything no one really cares but the fact still remains that an average hausa/fulani northerner in the north can't actually differentiate a chinedu ikwere man from chinedu igbo man in times of crises.
It is also the same with us here. We believe every northerner is Hausa.
Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by highmood(m): 1:37pm On Apr 12, 2022
deukpai:

I just can't imagine why twisted brains like you can't just keep away from people's comment when they know they can't just control Thier emotions. I never askd for your explanation Mr. Know all
Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by highmood(m): 1:40pm On Apr 12, 2022
deukpai:

Go back to the dates when Amechi claimed to be an Igbo man, and let me know what period was that. Maybe you could come with some new twisted backings
Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by FreedomfromtheT: 5:32pm On Apr 12, 2022
Jackson105:

How come Wike an ikwere man always denying being ibo?
think it is politics. Igbos are generally hated and are being discriminated against especially after the civil war and some Igbos outside Southeast want to play smart. For instance, in places where the landlord doesn't want an Igbo tenant, a Rivers or Delta Igbo can claim to be a Rivers or Deltan person in order to be accommodated. Thanks.
Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by Chidi2022: 11:09am On Aug 07, 2022
Contekbbc:
You Igbo people are your own problems!
Simple!
I said what I said UNAPOLOGETICALLY.

This your proud spirit and love to acquire what is not yours will definitely Truncate whatever plans you have been cooking underground.

My bible made me understand that
God himself detests a proud spirit but embraces a humble one.

Let me ask you this;
In the event that power gets to east, what will you do?

Will you start allocating all the south southern lands and claim Lagos(you called a no man's land ) as your own?

Be humble! And let God raise you

My observation; 90% of all Igbos are proud and selfish.

Anyone can prove me wrong!

You talk too much to the extent that you have been reduced to a microphone....
Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by Contekbbc: 11:21am On Aug 07, 2022
Thanks so much for the compliment,Dear.
I really don't know I have been so reduced to a MICROPHONE.
NO BE ONLY MICROPHONE,WHAT OF MICROWAVE?
YOUR MUMU NEVER DO.
BUT LET ME ASK, DO YOU HAVE ANY FRIEND AT ALL COS PEOPLE WILL RUN FAR AWAY FROM YOU AND NOBODY WHO IS IN HIS/HER RIGHT SENSES WILL FIND YOU APPEALING.

work on yourself Dear, you are a time BOMB

Chidi2022:
You talk too much to the extent that you have been reduced to a microphone....
Re: Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe by aribisala0(m): 11:24am On Aug 07, 2022
Amaechi was a very influential Minister. Building rail to Niger and university in Daura

What did he do for his Ibo brethren

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amobi Ogah Backs Tajudeen Abbas For Speaker, House Of Representatives / Saraki’s Legal Team Denies Walking Out On Tribunal / Anambra Central Senate Poll: INEC Shuts Out PDP, APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.